• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

QQS

Smash Lord
It would be so awesome to have CP8 revealed before the “3 months”. Though I see the best case would be December, most likely TGA.

Anyway December or January, 8 is coming; and Geno is coming as one of the remaining DLC, 100%.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Idk why but can someone tell me why they are thinking a reveal in November is at all plausible let alone likely? I'm confused because everything is pointing towards January atm with a slight maybe on the VGAs yet people are still thinking something in November could happen? One month after Steve, 3 months per character and the general lack of characters this year. I may seem like a downer but I think it's pretty apparent that people are confusing wants with expectations. Yeah I can get December although not as much if it's anything but the game awards but honestly saying things outright is never usually a good thing but it's pretty reasonable to see why November having a reveal is about as close to an impossibility as one could get
I don't know about November, but I do think we won't have to wait long until Fighter 8...
  • We've been getting a steady stream of weekly announcements since early September, seemingly the contents planned for a E3 2020 Direct had that still happened, but now delayed and split up into multiple shadow-drop announcements.
  • E3 Directs usually have more than one Smash reveals, at least two.
  • We just got one Smash reveal, Steve, and being a huge character announcement, it's likely he was intended to be an E3 2020 announcement.
... so assuming we've been getting the E3 2020 contents, another Smash reveal pretty soon seems possible. Whether it's November or December, I don't think we'll have to wait as long as we did for Min Min or even Steve.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Don't forget the ongoing pandemic was the reason why there was a huge gap in between announcements for keeping social distancing. So, with it starting to die down slowly, the remaining challengers shouldn't be too bad along with other announcements (like Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 hopefully soon.) once 2021 rolls over.

Last edited:

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Been awhile since I came on here, kinda sad looking at here.
I want to come back to apologize hyping up Geno being 77.
While he's still in this pass, a lot of people jumped the bullet and assumed he was 77, so I deeply apologize for that.
Let's see what tomorrow has to hold for Nintendo, hopefully it's something interesting.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm currently optimistic about November AND December because Nintendo has made it a point for these months to be important to Smash since literally Melee:

November 2001: starts revealing Melee's unlockable characters

December 2001: Melee releases

November 2006: Brawl Space World trailer

December 2007: Original planned release date for Brawl

December 2013: Rosalina revealed

November/December 2014: Smash 4 Wii releases

November 2015: Cloud revealed

December 2015: Final Smash 4 Direct

November 2018: Final Smash Ultimate Direct

December 2018: Joker revealed, Ultimate released

November 2019: Terry released

December 2019: Original planned announcement of Byleth according to Imran Khan

Call me crazy but I wouldn't be surprised if we know the identity of 8 and 9 by 2021.

novazvezda

Smash Cadet
Well now that my boy Steve is almost out, let's start piecing together the tidbits of information that have leaked online to determine who the next smash fighter is gonna be. Hmm..... Insiders like Jeff Grubb and Imran Khan have tweeted random Geno stuff and are acting pretty sus. Ok. The leaked roadmap for Crash states that their goal is to approach Nintendo for Smash content by 2021. Got it, next. The people who make the DMC games straight up say they'd be down for Smash content if the series sold well enough on the Switch. Whew, ok. A new Rayman game is looking pretty likely to be in the works. Plus, 2 new Monster Hunter games have been announced. Oh lord have mercy. Vergeben, after rising from his beauty sleep, says that Ryu Hayabusa is a potential rep. Oh baby, it's getting hot in here. Pokemon DLC and the new Zelda game where you just beat the stars out of things is around the corner this fall. Somebody help me! Lloyd has been in the insider circles for God knows how long and he has his anniversary stuff going for him. Oh my lord! Now let's discuss the times for reveals. They say that the past two Nintendo Online Opens / VS Tournaments for Smash have resulted in a fighter soon after? And there's 2 tournaments slated for the end of October and November?! Phew, that's enough thinking for me. My head hurts, but I think I got who it is now.

Listen closely boys, girls, and whoever else wants to listen. I may be no leaker, but I think I got my eye on the prize. Either in the beginning of November or at TGA, I think that CP8 will be revealed to be Goku from the SpongeBob SquarePants series and he will come with a stage from Fortnite. I also think that they will announce an echo fighter for Kirby: Karate Joe from Kingdom Hearts. He will come with a stage from Roblox. Oh, and I forgot to mention that I think they will come in Winter 2033. Oh well, Geno will always be next time, right guys? Guys?

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
While he's still in this pass, a lot of people jumped the bullet and assumed he was 77, so I deeply apologize for that.
Let's see what tomorrow has to hold for Nintendo, hopefully it's something interesting.
I don't think you should have to apologize for making a prediction about a video game and ending up wrong.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Dude you don't have anything to apologize for. 77 would've made sense.
There's always next time :)

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I don't know about November, but I do think we won't have to wait long until Fighter 8...
  • We've been getting a steady stream of weekly announcements since early September, seemingly the contents planned for a E3 2020 Direct had that still happened, but now delayed and split up into multiple shadow-drop announcements.
  • E3 Directs usually have more than one Smash reveals, at least two.
  • We just got one Smash reveal, Steve, and being a huge character announcement, it's likely he was intended to be an E3 2020 announcement.
... so assuming we've been getting the E3 2020 contents, another Smash reveal pretty soon seems possible. Whether it's November or December, I don't think we'll have to wait as long as we did for Min Min or even Steve.
Yeah I can get December even if January is probably more likely but November is honestly flat out confusing wants with expectations. Steve would barely be a month old at that point and we have literally waited since January just for the first 2 characters. If people are completely ignoring those factors and thinking November is likely then imo they are just ignoring the factors going against it tbh.

We'd be pretty lucky getting 8 this year going by how much of a crapshoot the timing has been and how Covid has affected things. We have been getting the announcements more recently from what was e3 but we obviously had to wait a while for Steve so wouldn't be too surprising if they hold it off till last minute due to said timing and stuff.

I'm just surprised more people are actually thinking it's likely tbh more so than yesterday and ignoring stuff like how Steve would have barely been out etc. Call me a pessimistic whatever but I feel it's pretty apparent why November is pretty much flat out a no go.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Yeah I can get December even if January is probably more likely but November is honestly flat out confusing wants with expectations. Steve would barely be a month old at that point and we have literally waited since January just for the first 2 characters. If people are completely ignoring those factors and thinking November is likely then imo they are just ignoring the factors going against it tbh.

We'd be pretty lucky getting 8 this year going by how much of a crapshoot the timing has been and how Covid has affected things. We have been getting the announcements more recently from what was e3 but we obviously had to wait a while for Steve so wouldn't be too surprising if they hold it off till last minute due to said timing and stuff.

I'm just surprised more people are actually thinking it's likely tbh more so than yesterday and ignoring stuff like how Steve would have barely been out etc. Call me a pessimistic whatever but I feel it's pretty apparent why November is pretty much flat out a no go.
Yes, we did have to wait a good while for Steve, as we also did Min Min... because as their Sakurai Presents videos demonstrated, both characters are very complicated gameplay wise, with Steve having to have all the current stages reworked just to accommodate his moveset.

Unless the next character is similarly complicated, I don't see us waiting that long for them.

D

Deleted member

Yes, we did have to wait a good while for Steve, as we also did Min Min... because as their Sakurai Presents videos demonstrated, both characters are very complicated gameplay wise, with Steve having to have all the current stages reworked just to accommodate his moveset.

Unless the next character is similarly complicated, I don't see us waiting that long for them.
Personally, I wouldn’t be that shocked if we wait for a good while again, but I believe that is a good point. These 2 fighters might be the most complicated out of them all especially Steve. If the fighter is more simple like maybe Banjo, I can see it coming out sooner. I think Geno would be much easier however, I can imagine Sakurai having trouble working and balancing with timed hits if that’s his gimmick. Also, if Nintendo is Ok with the reveal earlier, then yes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
I think it could be Ryu Hayabusa, since Vergeben said that Nintendo and Koei Tecmo were negotiating for Smash. But just because they are negotiating doesn’t always mean it’s a fighter. A Deluxe Style Mii could also fit pretty well.

So let's say FP8 isn't Geno or Crash, who do y'all think it would be?

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think it could be Ryu Hayabusa, since Vergeben said that Nintendo and Koei Tecmo were negotiating for Smash. But just because they are negotiating doesn’t always mean it’s a fighter. A Deluxe Style Mii could also fit pretty well.
I'll be honest, I don't think Hayabusa is E3 material icon wise or fan demand wise. I would have said Palutena too, but at least she had some what of a vocal fanbase.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
This is what I mean. I wish Smash would stop worrying about what’s “E3 material” and just pick the fan requests.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Does it have to be E3 material? There's definitely a chance of there being two characters for E3 but to my knowledge I've not seen it confirmed.
Min Min was meant to be originally released in April. Steve would have most likely been the opening act for E3 while FP8 would have been the finale in the non COVID timeline.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Playing through SMRPG on the Wii U. I’m up to Moleville. Do you think playing through the game will help will Geno into Smash?

DeltaCrow

Smash Cadet
E3 has always had 2 or multiple Smash reveals so SUPER unlikely.
Usually I would agree with this, but having two smash reveals at both E3 2020 and E3 2021 doesn't seem to work too well. If we assume that 8 is revealed at E3 2020 and released sometime at the end of the year, it means that there's gonna have to be a significant gap between the last 3 fighters (I think).

A) They either gotta reveal and release 9 at the start of 2021, and then reveal 10 and 11 at E3 2021 and then spread the 2 releases across the 7 month period. Not impossible, but 7 months without some kind of new reveal seems odd.

B) they leave a big gap between 8's release and E3 2021 where they reveal 9 and 10. This opens up a reveal and release of 11 at the end of 2021. This also seems odd to me as there is still an approximately 6-7 month gap between the release of 8 and the reveal of 9+10 (and an even longer wait between character reveals).

Long story short, I feel one E3 might end up with only 1 smash reveal.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Usually I would agree with this, but having two smash reveals at both E3 2020 and E3 2021 doesn't seem to work too well. If we assume that 8 is revealed at E3 2020 and released sometime at the end of the year, it means that there's gonna have to be a significant gap between the last 3 fighters (I think).

They either gotta reveal and release 9 at the start of 2021, and then reveal 10 and 11 at E3 2021 and then spread the 2 releases across the 7 month period. Not impossible, but 7 months without some kind of new reveal seems odd.

Or, they leave a big gap between 8's release and E3 2021 where they reveal 9 and 10. This opens up a reveal and release of 11 at the end of 2021. This also seems odd to me as there is still an approximately 6-7 month gap between the release of 8 and the reveal of 9+10 (and an even longer wait between character reveals).

Long story short, I feel one E3 might end up with only 1 smash reveal.
1. If pretty much all the remaining DLC characters are big 3rd party requests like Fatman has been saying, I could see us getting double reveals originally at E3 2020 and E3 2021.

2. The wait between Mewtwo and Lucas in Smash 4 was almost 7 months and the wait between Joker and Hero was 6 months so it isn't impossible.

Last edited:

DeltaCrow

Smash Cadet
1. If pretty much all the remaining DLC characters are big 3rd party requests like Fatman has been saying, I could see us getting double reveals originally at E3 2020 and E3 2021.

2. The wait between Mewtwo and Lucas in Smash 4 was almost 7 months and the wait between Joker and Hero was 6 months so it isn't impossible.
Those are definitely solid points, and I'm by no means trying to say that the double E3 reveal is impossible (just that it isn't a certainty). I just feel that the two options I pointed out A and B both have factors going against them.

A) While the spacing between characters is respectable, it means that the second half of 2021 contains no new character reveals. While not impossible, this seems like a rather anti-climatic way to finish the pass (unless we get bonus characters).

B) Very unlikely, means we got a 12 month gap between the reveal of 7+8 and the reveal of 9+10. Granted there are character releases in-between, but a whole year without a new reveal seems near impossible (unless they do some thing where they announce the franchise at E3).

I dunno, doesn't matter anyway cause of the Rona. For now though, it's time to get pumped for Steve.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom