• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Well, we have two instances of how Nintendo can approach the TGAs, one year revealed Joker, the other was skipped despite lining up perfectly timewise for Byleth (although, Nintendo acted so disinterested at last years awards, announcing 3 games, non first party, while their competitors reveal new consoles). So there's no define pattern with what they could do for this year.

But the characters were delayed this year. So there could have been a chance in the '2020 wasn't a dumpster fire that needs to be punished by everyone on earth' timelime that character 9 was planned for the TGAs which could have been a big hype character. So Geno could be the awards reveal if he's number 8 only because things were delayed and shifted.
With this theory, they could also pair up geno with the original FP9 idea and show them together at TGA

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
But question is, is Geno worthy as a TGA reveal?
According to this article Persona 5 had sold roughly 2.2 million copies worldwide roughly 6 months before Joker's Smash reveal.

IIRC Mario RPG's original release sold about 1.47 million copies in Japan alone. When you factor in the sales of the North American release, the Virtual Console release, and the SNES Classic it's definitely a lot higher than 1.47 million.

Now admittedly SMRPG is a hell of a lot older than P5 so idk how that affects things.

EDIT: Also sales aren't necessarily everything when it comes to things like this.

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Absence of Chief is weird in all honesty but it's probably just because they don't want to plaster the posterboy of X-Box in game. Cloud and Snake and others can be argued but are nowhere near mascots of the respective systems as Chief is. It's pretty obvious that the costumes that came with Banjo were planned way out in advance, likely before they starts discussing a second pass meaning they would have been happy without any additional Microsoft. BK were once Nintendo and Minecraft has been on every modern Nintendo system. All the Microsoft content we have received has not been stuff which is exclusive to X-Box long story short. I thought the lack of Chief would reignite bonus character discussion tbh

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Kind of realized that the Jojo Punishment Dance meme would work pretty well for today:

-Steve started negotiations in 2015, Geno and Lloyd were Mii costumes in 2015.

-All three had rumors of being in Smash in 2018.

-Steve confirmed in 2020, Geno and Lloyd costumes still MIA after 7 costume packs.

Any Meme Magicians want to take a crack at this concept?

Droodle

Smash Lord
Kind of realized that the Jojo Punishment Dance meme would work pretty well for today:

-Steve confirmed in 2020, Geno and Lloyd costumes still MIA after 7 costume packs.

Just because Steve took 5 years doesn't really suggest anything regarding Geno/Lloyd taking 5 years. Really so far only Steve is the only character that got that much negotiations/planning, and Minecraft is the most popular game in the world. I can't see Nintendo rolling out the golden carpet and negotiating for that long for the likes of Geno and Lloyd. Besides if we go by the logic of "they had rumors of being in during 2018, so they're in", then we'll also get Ryu Hayabusa, Yuri Lowell, Doomguy, Waluigi, Heihachi, all alongside them.

EDIT: And heck it's not like Steve was a costume back in Smash 4 to support that theory. Even if it was true, wouldn't that open the doors for MH even more because "Clearly, Nintendo has been planning to add in MH to coincide with the release of Rise; since 5 years ago".

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I just remembered something. We do have a case where DLC for Smash was announced 2 months in advance: Corrin and Bayonetta. If those two can be announced that far in advance, chances are the same can be done for FP8 later this year even if it's just a month gap.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289

So what does this mean for characters like gene lloyd ryu and Chief since he's not a costume is this all good or is there disappointment looming in the distance

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Well, that certainly was an interesting reveal.
  • Steve is complex as ****, holy ****. Imagine all the zoomers who'll buy his Challenger Pack to have fun online only to have to manage the video game equivalent of a 401k just to not eat 15 flavors of ****. (I-I don't know what a 401k is...)
  • Minecraft World looks to be a pretty dope stage. I thought it was funny that the materials you get are set in stone (no pun intended) no matter which Biome you get.
  • The music's pretty great, but I gotta hard disagree with Sakurai thinkin' having chill Minecraft beats to smash to is a bad thing that nobody would like. Most of the fights you have in Minecraft are done against the backdrop of that chill music.
  • Banjo, Terry and Byleth amiibos look real good. The former in particular looks really good, and I especially like how they added the Jiggy in order to keep Banjo from breaking off and falling over. I expect ****ty recorder videos of this amiibo no later than a few days after it's release.
  • Steve's DLC Spirit Board is lookin' nice, but I'm disappointed he didn't spend hours grinding to beat all of the Spirit battles without Spirits, though.
And, of course, there's the Mii Costume wave.
  • We got Minecraft costumes with this one, which is nice, but I think I'm not the only one who expected something else Microsoft related like Master Chief, Battletoads, Joanna Dark, Conker, Blinx, Gex, or even Phil Spencer himself. Little bit of a missed opprotunity, not gonna lie.
  • Diamond Armor was an obvious choice, and it looks about as awkward on Miis and I thought it would be.
  • Creeper and Pig were also pretty obvious due to their mascot status. However, them being full-bodied costumes certainly wasn't expected at all. Their floating limbs are both funny and somewhat off putting.
  • Gil's Mii Costume has returned form Smash 4, so we're now down to 5 more returning Mii Costumes.
  • Bomberman getting a Mii Costume was a pleasant surprise. He's not playable, but the costume not only looks great, it also changes color based on your Mii's color, which I wish more costumes did.
The biggest shock was easily the Travis Touchdown Mii Costume. I'm somewhat torn on this:
  • On the one hand, RIP Travis. Despite the bandwagoning, I know there were a lot of people who genuinely liked and wanted him in Smash, and I understand how disappointed they are that it won't be happening this time around. Despite this, I hope his fans continue to show their support and keep pushing for him to get in Smash. If it worked for Ridley, King K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie, it can work for them, too. And I do believe that Travis is the kind of character who could reach that level of popularity and demand in the future, if he hasn't already.
  • On the other hand, the people who keep pushing the idea that every character who has a new game/DLC/is currently relevant to gaming got blown the **** out, and I can't express how much that pleases me. It sucks that it had to be Travis, but if not him, then it easily could've been Dante, or Monster Hunter, or a Gen VIII Pokemon.
In terms of speculation, we've managed to get quite a few good pieces of information:
  • The video was recorded back in early-mid August.
  • Geno's Costume has once again not returned. Not that I thought it would, since historically SquareEnix hasn't released any of their Mii Costumes in the same wave as other companies do, but the possibility was always there.
  • Furthermore, Lloyd's costume is also still missing, which is pretty interesting all things considered. I guess that's why his Smashboards thread is titled "LLOYD SURVIVES THE SLAUGHTER!".

Also, I'd like to showcase my most recent predictions for the remained of Vol. 2:
FPVol2October.png

Steve and Alex were confirmed. I had them on my second of my July predictions, so it's kind of neat that they actually ended up making it in. Master Chief and Crash have been omitted. For Chief, barring some sort of miracle, I think he's most likely not happening at this point. Maybe as a Mii Costume, but otherwise no. Crash has also been omitted since, while he is popular and relevant, I think Steve already fills this archetype well enough. As for the ones I do still have on here, not much as really changed. Geno's Mii Costume is still M.I.A., as is Lloyd's, Rex is still likely considering the precedent set by Min Min, and Waluigi would still be an amazing finisher for this pass.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Min Min's video was recorded in May. Steve's was mid August. If we assume that same timeframe (3ish months) then fighter 8's video is probably being recorded next month.
I don't think this is necessarily the time frame we should rely on, considering Min Min was delayed, and Steve might have been too.

For instance: Hero's, Banjo's, Terry's, and Byleth's presentations were all two months away from each other. Two months from now is December, which is when TGA happens. A character could easily be revealed at TGA, get a presentation that same month, and then release the next month to be in the same time frame as Banjo's amiibo.

Assuming that CP8 doesn't require a delay or excessive retooling of the entire game's stage list, I think we'll see more frequent reveals, presentations, and releases from now on.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace

The only thing I'm unsure of, and I heard Source Gaming bringing this up, Capcom and the Bandai Namco Mii costumes have come randomly. The costumes don't need to return with a character relating to that company. Geno is in a good position because Square Enix doesn't seem to want to bring back their own content unless they're flying solo. Whereas Bandai Namco's costumes have been held off for a while now, and now we just have Lloyd. Lloyd could very well just randomly show up as a Mii costume next time for all we know.

Lloyd could be a fighter, but I don't think Lloyd's missing costume spells out that he is going to a fighter necessarily. Sure, another Bandai Namco and Capcom character makes sense, but the missing Mii costumes don't directly point to their inclusion I don't think (as opposed to the missing Geno and Chocobo costumes which are really sus).

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Just because Steve took 5 years doesn't really suggest anything regarding Geno/Lloyd taking 5 years. Really so far only Steve is the only character that got that much negotiations/planning, and Minecraft is the most popular game in the world. I can't see Nintendo rolling out the golden carpet and negotiating for that long for the likes of Geno and Lloyd. Besides if we go by the logic of "they had rumors of being in during 2018, so they're in", then we'll also get Ryu Hayabusa, Yuri Lowell, Doomguy, Waluigi, Heihachi, all alongside them.

EDIT: And heck it's not like Steve was a costume back in Smash 4 to support that theory. Even if it was true, wouldn't that open the doors for MH even more because "Clearly, Nintendo has been planning to add in MH to coincide with the release of Rise; since 5 years ago".
You're missing the point. We've established that things can take years to pan out. If they were already planning stuff for Ultimate as far out as the second DLC Season in 2015, why not Geno and Lloyd? I'm not arguing that they were locked in development or negotiations for this long, I'm saying they very well could have been decided back then and it's a matter of timing.

On the topic of Monster Hunter, Imran Khan had this to say:

People like me and Forsaken have been arguing this forever but now the guy who has now known every single DLC character has said it. With how things have gone down, I wouldn't be surprised if the Monster Hunter costumes came with Lloyd.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I still think Geno has a pretty good chance of showing up.

We still don't have an exact date for the supposed Mario Tourney that was delayed to sometime in November / December.

If Geno's still in the cards (most likely he is, let's be honest), the Mario Tourney would have to account for him.
But since DLC after the 13th rolls around is unknown for the time being, I think there's a good chance another Sakurai presents can happen in Mid to Late November at the earliest.

Absolute latest we can get a DLC announcement once more is during the Game Awards.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Anyone else think it's weird that Banjo, Terry, AND Byleth are possibly coming out together? We've been theorizing for a long time that Byleth would be coming out with 9 and it makes me wonder if the gap between 8 and 9 is going to be smaller to compensate. As the Dark Brotherhood brought to my attention earlier today... We're quickly running out of characters to make Miis of, especially if the next wave is a triple. This heavily suggests that this next Amiibo wave will probably be the last one for awhile because the Smash 4 DLC characters had pretty significant gaps between them too.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I think the intended release order has been irreparably damaged by how complicated the last two characters were. I believe Steve was supposed to be #5, got pushed back, and that Byleth was originally supposed to just be a bonus character rather than getting full challenger pack billing. Fighter Pass 2 was also supposed to have 5 characters but the aforementioned tossup threw Steve to FP2 and they just went with 6 characters instead of bothering with any mid-pack "bonus" characters.

Cacomallow is real and Doomguy was supposed to be #76 but Nintendo wanted to prioritize ARMS, as well as the acquisition by Microsoft meaning a lot of deals had to be reconfirmed (Microsoft had to explicitly state they were honouring Bethesda's last two exclusivity details with Sony, for example). They kept Vault Boy as a Mii costume for #76 because Bethesda thought it was cute and there's nothing inherently tying him to Doom.

So with the costumes that are up in the air, I think we're getting something like this, but not necessarily in order.

Geno Costumes
  • Mallow
  • Smithy
  • Chocobo
  • Gooigi
  • [Square Enix Secret Costume]
Lloyd Costumes
  • Monster Hunter
  • Rathalos
  • Knightmare
  • Kos-Mos
  • Ms. Pac-Man
Doomguy Costumes
  • Cacodemon
  • Elecman
  • More Doom stuff, probably
  • [Secret Costume from a FPS]
  • Arle (I think they'd put her here simply for the amusing juxtaposition)
That leaves us with another character for the remaining costumes that have been leaked/rumoured, and my money is either on Ryu Hayabusa or Crash

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
You're missing the point. We've established that things can take years to pan out. If they were already planning stuff for Ultimate as far out as the second DLC Season in 2015, why not Geno and Lloyd? I'm not arguing that they were locked in development or negotiations for this long, I'm saying they very well could have been decided back then and it's a matter of timing.

People like me and Forsaken have been arguing this forever but now the guy who has now known every single DLC character has said it. With how things have gone down, I wouldn't be surprised if the Monster Hunter costumes came with Lloyd.
Is this implying dante may not be in great standings rn?

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Just regarding the music for Minecraft, something tells me the real reason behind the no music from the original game is copyright or something involving the composer of Minecraft C418. He doesn't work on Minecraft anymore and he might have the rights to the songs. Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.

And if this is true and Doomguy is a character, we might see similar problems with Doom music from the first two Doom games.

Droodle

Smash Lord
I still think we're getting a new protag from a 2021 first party game in Smash. Nintendo likes ending of their fighter lineups with some of their newer characters, and that has been decently consistent since Smash 4.

Smash 4 had the reveals of Robin/Lucina/Shulk placed near the end. The DLC had Corrin who had just released in Japan earlier in the year, and not even out yet for the West. Smash Ultimate put Isabelle and Incineroar near the end, sure Isabelle was kinda old but still pretty new comparitively, Incineroar was the "newest" character to get in (debuted in late 2016, and we know that the plan for the base game was done FAR ahead of time). Fighters Pass 1 ended with Byleth who just debuted up in the last 6 months of FP 1, very similar to the timeframe of Corrin.

COVID may mess up things but I feel confident that a main character that first shows up in mid-late 2021 will probably finish off the next pass.

Currently leaning towards:
  • Min Min
  • Steve
  • Dante/Lloyd
  • Geno
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • 2021 Protagonist (XC 3 or something else GS/Fire Emblem etc)

Simply because they aren't this massive multimedia franchise like Minecraft? Let's be honest in terms of $$$ it's a lot less lucrative to plan far ahead for the likes of Lloyd or Geno, than it is Steve and Minecraft.

There's also really no evidence suggesting that Geno and Lloyd were planned that far ahead. The possibility merely exists, but the way you're talking makes it sound like they were planned far ahead. But again, at that point why don't we bring in literally every Smash character that has had some solid rumors since 5 years ago; because that list goes WAY beyond just Lloyd and Geno.

And yeah I know what Imran said about MH, I'm just stating if they really are planning 5 years ahead of time, like you are suggesting; there's nothing stopping them from adding in Rathalos base and then spirits and a fighter 3 years later with the whole new gimmick from the newest Switch game. I doubt Imran knows the entirety of the Fighters Pass anyways, as he has said that he didn't know if a Dragon Quest character would be in Smash Ultimate like a week before DQ was shown in Smash Ultimate

15:06 for DQ in Smash talks. He said there may be content, but unsure about a character making it.

So it's pretty clear that an insider like Imran Khan may hear about some DLC a week or so ahead of time; but may not hear about literally everything happening in terms of Smash far ahead of time. Judging by his phrasing, I'm more than willing to bet that those are his own speculations on a potential MH character and not a "MH is 100% not in". I don't even think MH is a lock (I'm still predicting Dante) but Imran doesn't know every fighter just because he's a good insider.

If we go by taking Imran's comments very seriously; he has said ON multiple occasions that he thinks this pass will be filled with evergreen titles on the Switch that'll be easy to bring back and keep on selling steadily. He said this pass will primarily have first party characters because they don't cost as much to license, and they can ensure that they bring them back. One of these times was with the Min Min hint post, sure; but he's said the same thought on Resetera before the hint. And so far, both Min Min and Steve fit pretty well with the "evergreen" description. You could take this as something that hurts Geno and Lloyd too, because no way they'd be "evergreen" characters. On top of all that he's talked about Paper Mario getting in back in July; "because Paper Mario would break a fan-rule, like most other DLC characters". So literally his own words could be used against Geno and Lloyd too.

Most of what Imran Khan says are his own speculations, we can't really expect him to be knowledgeable of things that'll happen in a year or so. Is it worth listening to what he's saying, sure; but he isn't a end all be all. He likely only knows Smash DLC a couple weeks ahead at most.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Anyone else think it's weird that Banjo, Terry, AND Byleth are possibly coming out together? We've been theorizing for a long time that Byleth would be coming out with 9 and it makes me wonder if the gap between 8 and 9 is going to be smaller to compensate. As the Dark Brotherhood brought to my attention earlier today... We're quickly running out of characters to make Miis of, especially if the next wave is a triple. This heavily suggests that this next Amiibo wave will probably be the last one for awhile because the Smash 4 DLC characters had pretty significant gaps between them too.
The main issue with that is the deadline for the DLC fighters are all supposed to be released by the end of December next year, and there's also the possible implication that at bare minimum Min Min's amiibo will be ready for FP9.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Well that Sakurai presents was wonderful as always. I enjoyed the mii costumes. The stage looks great. Steve's kit is incredibly diverse and interesting. The team did an amazing job altogether. Again, Steve's inclusion makes sense and is cool and while he doesn't sell the pass to me the hard work that clearly is going into this pass is slowly making me feel I will end up buying the pass. I'm interested to see where things go from here. It's a shame I'll probably have to wait til next year to find out. I'm glad for Steve fans. Not only did they get their character but they got a character with a very unique, expansive, accurate and thoughtful moveset.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Just regarding the music for Minecraft, something tells me the real reason behind the no music from the original game is copyright or something involving the composer of Minecraft C418. He doesn't work on Minecraft anymore and he might have the rights to the songs. Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.

And if this is true and Doomguy is a character, we might see similar problems with Doom music from the first two Doom games.
Romero seems like a pretty cool guy. I bet he'd be game for negotiations

Firox

Smash Master
I think the intended release order has been irreparably damaged by how complicated the last two characters were. I believe Steve was supposed to be #5, got pushed back, and that Byleth was originally supposed to just be a bonus character rather than getting full challenger pack billing. Fighter Pass 2 was also supposed to have 5 characters but the aforementioned tossup threw Steve to FP2 and they just went with 6 characters instead of bothering with any mid-pack "bonus" characters.

Cacomallow is real and Doomguy was supposed to be #76 but Nintendo wanted to prioritize ARMS, as well as the acquisition by Microsoft meaning a lot of deals had to be reconfirmed (Microsoft had to explicitly state they were honouring Bethesda's last two exclusivity details with Sony, for example). They kept Vault Boy as a Mii costume for #76 because Bethesda thought it was cute and there's nothing inherently tying him to Doom.

So with the costumes that are up in the air, I think we're getting something like this, but not necessarily in order.

Geno Costumes
  • Mallow
  • Smithy
  • Chocobo
  • Gooigi
  • [Square Enix Secret Costume]
Lloyd Costumes
  • Monster Hunter
  • Rathalos
  • Knightmare
  • Kos-Mos
  • Ms. Pac-Man
Doomguy Costumes
  • Cacodemon
  • Elecman
  • More Doom stuff, probably
  • [Secret Costume from a FPS]
  • Arle (I think they'd put her here simply for the amusing juxtaposition)
That leaves us with another character for the remaining costumes that have been leaked/rumoured, and my money is either on Ryu Hayabusa or Crash
Not gonna lie, if we could get Geno and Doomguy at this point, I'd have zero complaints.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Didn't his voice actor say somthing strange about smash? IDK.
The voice actor for V (another character from the series) said something about Smash (I think it was in the context of how Dante is always going to get priority in games like Marvel vs. Capcom or Smash Bros. but he wants to be involved in that sort of thing, though I'm not sure), but slip-ups like that have been made before.

I believe there was similar confusion about a voice actor or motion capture actor saying that Raiden from Metal Gear was in an upcoming Smash game in some form (giving people hope that Snake was coming back), only for it to turn out that they were referring to Playstation All Stars, didn't remember the name, and said Smash instead. (it's been a while, so I can't recall how the timing panned out, but it was something along those lines)

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019

A lot of the songs in 2016 and Eternal are remixes of the original two games, or at least contain motifs from them

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
Min Min's video was recorded in May. Steve's was mid August. If we assume that same timeframe (3ish months) then fighter 8's video is probably being recorded next month.
I think this is actually an interesting thing to look at. It seems like a character can be released around two months after Sakurai records his presentation, thought I'm not sure if this was the case for the first pass. If Fighter 8's presentation is recorded in October or early November, we can probably expect the next character to be revealed in December or January. Has there been a case where fighter presentations have been recorded closer to each other? If someone here could provide info on when each presentation was recorded and then when the character was revealed, I'd appreciate it.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
A lot of the songs in 2016 and Eternal are remixes of the original two games, or at least contain motifs from them
Maybe a little. But I honestly WAY prefer classic Doom music compared to the newer games. They're just generally more catchy.

Also, the reason I think I what I think is because one of the songs remixed for Smash is originally pretty relaxing. I might be wrong on all of this but in any case, it's a damn shame no original Minecraft songs made the cut.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Is this implying dante may not be in great standings rn?
I don't think it hurts him. The only thing that has changed today in regards to him is that 6 of the 7 DLC packs have come with Smash 4 costumes (the only one being HERO's). This means that 7 and 8 will come with Smash 4 costumes. Square stuff only comes with Square stuff so this further narrows down that 8 or 9 has to be Square Enix related. There's also the fact that pairs that came together aren't split up so the Monster Hunter costumes basically have to come together for 8, 9, or 10. Honestly, this kind of lines up with what I was told in July that the last Character of Season 2 (therefore 11) was from Capcom and Capcom said they were cool with Dante joining in February 2019.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
I still think we're getting a new protag from a 2021 first party game in Smash. Nintendo likes ending of their fighter lineups with some of their newer characters, and that has been decently consistent since Smash 4.

Smash 4 had the reveals of Robin/Lucina/Shulk placed near the end. The DLC had Corrin who had just released in Japan earlier in the year, and not even out yet for the West. Smash Ultimate put Isabelle and Incineroar near the end, sure Isabelle was kinda old but still pretty new comparitively, Incineroar was the "newest" character to get in (debuted in late 2016, and we know that the plan for the base game was done FAR ahead of time). Fighters Pass 1 ended with Byleth who just debuted up in the last 6 months of FP 1, very similar to the timeframe of Corrin.
Oh no......

If that ends up happening, i hope it's a Brand New Nintendo IP, a Retro Revival getting recent release, or Xenoblade. Because another FE Rep feels like a joke now.

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
I don't think it hurts him. The only thing that has changed today in regards to him is that 6 of the 7 DLC packs have come with Smash 4 costumes (the only one being HERO's). This means that 7 and 8 will come with Smash 4 costumes. Square stuff only comes with Square stuff so this further narrows down that 8 or 9 has to be Square Enix related. There's also the fact that pairs that came together aren't split up so the Monster Hunter costumes basically have to come together for 8, 9, or 10. Honestly, this kind of lines up with what I was told in July that the last Character of Season 2 (therefore 11) was from Capcom and Capcom said they were cool with Dante joining in February 2019.
You know what we never talk about? why would Nintendo do these things, administratively speaking? Like what is the reason for them adding 1 Smash 4 costume each time?

by no means am I discounting anything you say, fatman. I agree with a lot of your seductive reasoning but I’m just saying - these patterns that we have seen in DLC - why are they there? How do these patterns benefit Sakurai or Nintendo?

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
Unrelated and means literally nothing for speculation but I find it funny when Sakurai outwardly says in his presentations "this wasn't my idea don't blame me" lmao. He did it for Byleth IIRC and he did it for Steve

I'm actually a big fan of how they implemented Steve so don't take this as me against the character, but I wonder since Sakurai made that distinction if he himself didn't want to work on it lol

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
This makes it sound like you’re not sure on Dante based on the information you’re given, who as far as I remember you have been pretty sure about in the past. Did something change or were you just ballsy when making your list last time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom