• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Maybe a little. But I honestly WAY prefer classic Doom music compared to the newer games. They're just generally more catchy.

Also, the reason I think I what I think is because one of the songs remixed for Smash is originally pretty relaxing. I might be wrong on all of this but in any case, it's a damn shame no original Minecraft songs made the cut.
Has there been any pass character that didn't have some degree (any degree) of a 'but..........' to their content?

Banjo-Kazooie's didn't have Rare Mii costumes.
Hero's had midi music and few songs.
Steve had only remixes and the fewest songs (so far).
Terry's didn't have Mai added in any form due to books.
Byleth's didn't have 3 Houses Miis and only 5 Mii costumes.

Maybe Joker's was the only package that people felt completely happy with?

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
My Thoughts on todays Steve Presentation:

HES BROKEN. I feel like this is what a lot of people say about a ton of characters but he has 3-4 godlike ledge guarding options and blocks are going to be a nightmare to fight. He can create his own platforms and can cancel his DAir as the anvil continues. I feel like Steve at high level play is going to be really crazy to watch. I hope to get good at him, or good enough to fight against him.

Kirbo: HES A CUBE :D

Mii Costumes: That creeper looks cursed but hilarious at the same time. Same with that pig. Prepare for online to be plagued with mii brawlers. IM SO HAPPY BOMBERMAN GOT A MII COSTUME! I really hope Shovelknight gets the same treatment, I love SK. Also another smash 4 mii costume is back!, And RIP Travis Touchdown, at least it's another big character out of the way.

My current predictions for the last 4 fighters:
-Ryu Hayabusa: Verge and Brew commented on Ryu Hayabusa not too long ago (About a year ago), plus Koi Techmo is super close to Nintendo.
-Geno: Missing Mii Costume, 2 Song takedowns, Cacomallow, Mii costume leak, Rumors about him in 2018, Brew even mentioned him along with Ryu Hayabusa, Fan pick, etc.
-Lloyd: Missing Mii Costume, rumors about him not too long ago, Bandai Namco only has Pacman, and they're literally co developing the game..?
-Crash: Fan pick, rumors about him last year/something with Activision signing something with Nintendo if I remember correctly..?, New game

Note: Crash and Lloyd im unsure about. I have a feeling Doom Slayer has a chance too with Cacomallow, but I think Crash and Lloyd are more likely.

Does anyone have an updated list of the Smash 4 mii costumes? I feel like we could get a Square rep really soon.

Last edited:

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
So, that time in July when several people were all tweeting or referencing Geno out of the blue around the same time: was that just a coincidence or was it to poke people (fans and detractors alike)? If Geno was fighter 7, that would have been a hint, but clearly he's not and most likely the next character is several months away so if it was a hint, then its really off timing wise. I'm thinking it either was just weird luck between them all or them just goofing around with fans.

MattX20

Smash Hero
So, that time in July when several people were all tweeting or referencing Geno out of the blue around the same time: was that just a coincidence or was it to poke people (fans and detractors alike)? If Geno was fighter 7, that would have been a hint, but clearly he's not and most likely the next character is several months away so if it was a hint, then its really off timing wise. I'm thinking it either was just weird luck between them all or them just goofing around with fans.
I think it might have to do with the possibility that both Steve and Geno were meant to be revealed together initially.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This makes it sound like you’re not sure on Dante based on the information you’re given, who as far as I remember you have been pretty sure about in the past. Did something change or were you just ballsy when making your list last time?
No, I'm still pretty confident on Dante. The only thing that this changes in my theorycraft is that the Monster Hunter costumes would come with Dante when it's pretty clear now that they're going to be in the game before 10 at the latest. Remember, my original order in January was:

Waluigi, Geno, Crash, Lloyd, Dante, Chief

Then in July I changed it based on new information to:

Min Min, Geno, Chief, Lloyd, Crash/Dante, Dante/Crash

The information I got in July is that a Capcom character was the last character greenlit for Season 2 but this conflicted other information I had because Dante started to be seriously talked about in insider several months before Crash. Today's outcome provided backing that, if my information is right, Dante is 11, not 10. Crash and Chief, being later, may actually be two of the 4 "bonus" characters instead of originally planned for Season 2 but now I'm waiting to see what's ultimately up with Ryu given one of my guys told me last December to "not take Ryu or Travis seriously."

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Unrelated and means literally nothing for speculation but I find it funny when Sakurai outwardly says in his presentations "this wasn't my idea don't blame me" lmao. He did it for Byleth IIRC and he did it for Steve

I'm actually a big fan of how they implemented Steve so don't take this as me against the character, but I wonder since Sakurai made that distinction if he himself didn't want to work on it lol
He was also humorous and made it clear he can say no. He’s a big Minecraft fan and seemed to have a lot of fun showing off the Minecraft stuff; it seems his only problem was all the work required to fit his vision was tiring, but things seem to have turned out well and worth it.

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
Oh no......

If that ends up happening, i hope it's a Brand New Nintendo IP, a Retro Revival getting recent release, or Xenoblade. Because another FE Rep feels like a joke now.
It's been a consistent trend for a long, long time which I why I feel like it'll happen; I doubt it would be FE though. Unless Nintendo is extremely bent on putting exactly the latest character and FE lines up with it.

I think it won't be a new IP but rather an established one, Akira Howard got shafted in favor of Byleth most likely because FE is much more established than Astral Chain. I could see maybe a new Retro revival character getting in; as long as the protag is new or something like that. GS is decently likely to get revived next year I feel like, but if it's a remake I'm not too sure if they'd put in Isaac.

I feel as though XC probably has the best shot at getting the "promotional" character, because the creator himself practically stated Monolith Softs goal right now is to increase the value of Xenoblade; and that XC:DE and Torna DLC both had smaller staff teams working on them so the development of the next game goes smoothly. As of next year it'll be 4 years since the release of XC 2, so the timeline lines up for a potential XC 3. Based on interviews and everything, we know it's most likely deep into development at this point. Although there are rumors that Monolith is making an action game, since even before 2 came out (though we don't know if it's a new IP or just XC 3).

Monolithsoft is really good with leaks so it's hard to tell about their upcoming projects outside of interviews though. There were no leaks about 2 or DE, so most of this is from the interviews.

Anyways, that's why I think either Golden Sun or XC 3 are getting a "promotional character", because I am 90% sure it's happening.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Have amiibo previews ever been shown off months in advance, but not all of said amiibo come together in the same wave before?

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice
No, I'm still pretty confident on Dante. The only thing that this changes in my theorycraft is that the Monster Hunter costumes would come with Dante when it's pretty clear now that they're going to be in the game before 10 at the latest. Remember, my original order in January was:

Waluigi, Geno, Crash, Lloyd, Dante, Chief

Then in July I changed it based on new information to:

Min Min, Geno, Chief, Lloyd, Crash/Dante, Dante/Crash

The information I got in July is that a Capcom character was the last character greenlit for Season 2 but this conflicted other information I had because Dante started to be seriously talked about in insider several months before Crash. Today's outcome provided backing that, if my information is right, Dante is 11, not 10. Crash and Chief, being later, may actually be two of the 4 "bonus" characters instead of originally planned for Season 2 but now I'm waiting to see what's ultimately up with Ryu given one of my guys told me last December to "not take Ryu or Travis seriously."
What if the last 4 are Waluigi, Crash, Master Chief, and Dante? The last pass that ends with a bang. The remaining for FP2 Is Geno, Lloyd, Ryu H, and ??? (Could be Dixie or a BOTW 2 Rep)

Just to clarify, is it really Ryu Hayabusa that’s been heard of, or just that there was discussions with Tecmo being part of the pass?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What if the last 4 are Waluigi, Crash, Master Chief, and Dante? The last pass that ends with a bang. The remaining for FP2 Is Geno, Lloyd, Ryu H, and ??? (Could be Dixie or a BOTW 2 Rep)

Just to clarify, is it really Ryu Hayabusa that’s been heard of, or just that there was discussions with Tecmo being part of the pass?
People have heard Ryu but, repeating my thousand year complaint, he's literally the only pure Koei Tecmo content that has ever come up. Ryu first started being talked about seriously in insider circles in December 2018 but he's probably been the most frustrating character to pin down, especially NOW that the Minecraft info from 2018 was right all along.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Right now I'm kinda feeling like the geno/ doomguy reveal is back on the table. I'm just not sure if they'd give us both Chief and DG and I feel likes MC has more sus **** goin on rn. I def feel like if there is a bonus pass Chief's absence is it's strongest evidence outside of the data slots. But still; if microsoft double dipped this pass and they ended on chief as FP11 I wouldnt be surprised either. I'm curious for fatmans write up, when he get's the chance

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Just passing by to mention that I'm extremely, massively ****ing happy about Bomberman being a Mii Costume! My boy is not too far off from being my most wanted character, and even though he's no full fledge fighter, I absolutely LOVE how they handle him. ^^

Besides that, Steve seems pretty cool despite the fact I have no personal interest in him, and of course Geno skipping out on another Mii Costume wanna is always a plus. Oh and before you mention, yes.

CACOMALLOW IS STILL REAL, I DON'T GIVE A ****

cacomallow_lets_fing_go (1).png

Last edited:

Genoxys

Smash Rookie
Longtime lurker here. I like to come here when I'm feeling down about Geno's chances.

The miis that were revealed are an extremely good sign for Geno. We have 4 more characters and Travis, a heavily speculated character, won't be one! We have yet to get a character in FP2 that is designed to appease the hardcore smash fanbase like Banjo in FP1. Banjo was the third character in FP1 so can we expect the third character in FP2 to be a fan favorite? There are barely any fan favorites from the smash ballot left! Ridley took a lot of votes, so did K Rool, so as far as we know, Geno might be #1 on the ballot out of the remaining non confirmed / deconfirmed characters.

That said, it's entirely likely they just want him to be a mii costume. Travis fans had been given no indication that he would be suddenly deconfirmed like this. There's no way to know that we won't get a Geno costume with fighter 3. Honestly, I kind of expect it. It depends on how many people bought the Mii costume in smash 4. If not many people bought that costume, it shows Geno didn't have much selling power. If EVERYONE bought that costume, Geno will absolutely be playable in FP2.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Have amiibo previews ever been shown off months in advance, but not all of said amiibo come together in the same wave before?
Oh, that's right. Now I remember! They did show off amiibos in advance like this before, but they weren't in the same wave.
1601756604810.png

It's entirely possible the amiibos will be divided into at least 2 waves and not one

Geno Boost

Smash Master
if Geno becomes playable i hope in his pass that onion games get involved in it too since some of them are the developer of SMRPG so we can also get the main character from Moon remix RPG adventure (1997) as a mii costume his game was recently released on the switch and was localized that game even had their own version of Geno and Smithy

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I think it might have to do with the possibility that both Steve and Geno were meant to be revealed together initially.
Ok, true, but the fact that Steve came first and I don't believe any of them did any Steve retweeting or name dropping at that time (which would imply that Smash news was coming around then then) makes me doubt their Geno stuff was Smash related.

And now apparently Ryu is back on the table which lowers the potential openings now and honestly I am getting so sick of seeing his name.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Longtime lurker here. I like to come here when I'm feeling down about Geno's chances.

The miis that were revealed are an extremely good sign for Geno. We have 4 more characters and Travis, a heavily speculated character, won't be one! We have yet to get a character in FP2 that is designed to appease the hardcore smash fanbase like Banjo in FP1. Banjo was the third character in FP1 so can we expect the third character in FP2 to be a fan favorite? There are barely any fan favorites from the smash ballot left! Ridley took a lot of votes, so did K Rool, so as far as we know, Geno might be #1 on the ballot out of the remaining non confirmed / deconfirmed characters.

That said, it's entirely likely they just want him to be a mii costume. Travis fans had been given no indication that he would be suddenly deconfirmed like this. There's no way to know that we won't get a Geno costume with fighter 3. Honestly, I kind of expect it. It depends on how many people bought the Mii costume in smash 4. If not many people bought that costume, it shows Geno didn't have much selling power. If EVERYONE bought that costume, Geno will absolutely be playable in FP2.
Welcome! Here, have a Geno hat:
Hat time.png

MattX20

Smash Hero
Now that I think of the fact that the last of the first Fighter Pass amiibos probably will be released in one of two ways: either Banjo and Terry come together and Byleth releases solo or Banjo and Kazzoie make up the next wave and Terry and Byleth release together, we'll have to use the 3 month or so gap between the two fighters released for the second Fighter Pass. Going by that, the next fighter would be a January release. That, and that Mario tournament that was delayed to sometime in November/December may still hold some significance. So far, we've had a 2 for 2 when it comes to fighters in this pass being revealed sometime after a major Smash tournament

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I just realized that Bomberman‘s Mii (which is pretty faithful) can co-exist on the same stage as the AT version. If they do something to change that by disabling the AT if Bombermii is on-stage then we might have evidence for Waluigi. (And considering a win for Fats’ theory framework is a win for Geno according to his post about today’s events, I’m posting it here)

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
Random thing I thought about. Even though Fatman has kinda been incorrect in Waluigi and Master Chief (we’ll see if something happens for these two later to possibly change this), he did get correct a Nintendo character and Microsoft character happening, the Nintendo character starting the Pass, and the Microsoft character likely being an E3 reveal.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Random thing I thought about. Even though Fatman has kinda been incorrect in Waluigi and Master Chief (we’ll see if something happens for these two later to possibly change this), he did get correct a Nintendo character and Microsoft character happening, the Nintendo character starting the Pass, and the Microsoft character likely being an E3 reveal.
Yeah but the thing with that is that we don’t know which one of the seven circles of insider hell that info comes from. It could be the part where he looks at Mii Costumes like us plebs and makes a theory of that or that he hears specific names (which he still does for the characters mentioned, in that case) or whether Plato called and he’s on some higher plane of speculation where he ties together what he hears in Leak Nest

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

I was in my car counting my fingers like Willie the Giant from Mickey and the Beanstalk after reading this post and this actually works out perfectly.

4 more for Season 2 + 4 potential "bonuses"

Geno, Lloyd, Ryu, Dante, Waluigi, Dixie, Crash, Chief (based on the current info)

If Min Min hadn't been delayed,she would have been an April release just like Mewtwo and Joker and, if it wasn't for COVID, we have enough evidence to suggest 7 would have been a summer release and 8 a fall release. I'll need to think on this more...

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I was in my car counting my fingers like Willie the Giant from Mickey and the Beanstalk after reading this post and this actually works out perfectly.

Geno, Lloyd, Ryu, Dante, Waluigi, Dixie, Crash, Chief (based on the current info)

If Min Min hadn't been delayed,she would have been an April release just like Mewtwo and Joker and, if it wasn't for COVID, we have enough evidence to suggest 7 would have been a summer release and 8 a fall release. I'll need to think on this more...
Dixie is newish to the list, isn’t she? Is she specifically mentioned in a Smash context or just the DK series going “oh yeah its all coming together”
Interesting to see your whispers actually fit neatly when taking the ”bonus slots” into account.

LapidotShipper4Life

Smash Cadet
I definitely think we are getting a pass 3 or some bonus characters cause of the extra dummy slots. The fact the devs didn’t remove these slots are very telling.
I definitely feel like this as well! I remember a few months ago it was pointed out that Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS has something similar as well, and by the end of the DLC, all the slots have been filled.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location

I haven't watched that Mickey cartoon in like a decade but I remember exactly what you were talking about lol

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I definitely think we are getting a pass 3 or some bonus characters cause of the extra dummy slots. The fact the devs didn’t remove these slots are very telling.
And since the developers went out of their way to recode EVERY STAGE just for one character, Steve, then they could attempt to work around the CSS crashing due to too many characters.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
Just saw the mii costumes. Honestly with Bomberman being announced as a mii costume as well I’m personally not counting anyone out even if they get costumed.
If anything all this shows is that Sakurai/Nintendo could care less if a character is already represented in some form.
Even if Geno gets costumed next reveal, I would just wait until everything is officially over. Same goes for characters like Isaac who are already assists.

cybersai

Smash Ace

Dixie is an odd thing to come up, unless she started off as an echo of Diddy and then they gave her some unique specials...

Firox

Smash Master
It’s so funny that I haven’t downloaded anyone since Terry, and even still I am just getting the 75 cent Bomberman costume lol
I don't really blame you to be honest. Joker and Banjo have been the only hype DLC characters as far as I'm concerned. I'm STILL waiting for FP2 to give me something I genuinely care about.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Dixie is newish to the list, isn’t she? Is she specifically mentioned in a Smash context or just the DK series going “oh yeah its all coming together”
Interesting to see your whispers actually fit neatly when taking the ”bonus slots” into account.
I added Dixie in July based on a number of things:

-In December last year, I was told that at least three of the big announcements for 2020 would be tied to major "missing" NSO SNES games. In early January, this same person came out and said DKC was one of them.

-In the early summer, these rumors heated up including several people reaching out to confirm that they too had heard the same DK information that I had. It also tied into the rumors from last year that Nintendo's plans for the DK series weren't just a single game but to try to make it as big as it was in the SNES days and make it as marketable as Mario and Zelda.

-Nintendo updated the DKC trademark in September with a whopping 48 individual items, three of which were : a downloadable game, a mobile game, and a home console game. Literally the next day, DKC2 was added to the NSO.

-Dixie has been getting an unusual amount of spotlight as of late. Nintendo ran a "history" video of her in the early summer when she was added to Mario Kart Tour and her original artist celebrated the rerelease of DKC2 with a new drawing of her on Twitter.

Beyond that, she was cut from Brawl and has about the same portions as Diddy so, as far as first party characters go, she'd be one of the easier ones to implement.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569

Welcome!
Its unfortunate that you've lost hope in Geno, but I wouldn't if I were you. With Min Min demolishing the Spirit rule and still no sign of Geno's Mii Outfit after SEVEN WAVES, then I would say Geno has the best shot out of any character atm. Besides, we talk about PLENTY of evidence in Geno's favor besides just that so hopefully you can stick around to hear some of that in this thread, and hopefully it can give you more confidence in our boi. :geno:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Dixie is an odd thing to come up, unless she started off as an echo of Diddy and then they gave her some unique specials...
For the sake of transparency, Dixie has never come up. She's purely my own speculation based on things I've noticed/ found. In my circles, Waluigi and Lolo are the only two first party characters that have ever come up by name and Lolo was merely speculation on a rumor about (redacted) last December.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom