• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I wont lie. The only thing I've ever wanted in Smash speculation is an OFFICIAL TIMELINE of announcements. It is really absurd that Smash is one of the ONLY GAMES that thinks its necessary to just leave everyone in the ****ing dark for months.... I hate that. Not a fan.

If Nintendo really cares that much about people IMMEDIATELY thinking of whats next then idk what to tell them. People do that anyway, but it'd be much LESS PAINFUL if they would help us out in that regard... Is that really asking too much from a AAA company? I can only see this idea of keeping everything secret with Smash as an "Our HOUSE our RULES" method, which is extremely petty and annoying..

Last edited:

Heoj

Smash Ace
In the Steve presentation, I remember sakurai mentioning how because of quarantine, they managed to setup private online matches to test Steve out, which I found pretty dang interesting, as that could mean that in the near future or even right now, since steves presentation was filmed mid-august, sakurai and his team could be playing as fp8 on private online servers

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
In the Steve presentation, I remember sakurai mentioning how because of quarantine, they managed to setup private online matches to test Steve out, which I found pretty dang interesting, as that could mean that in the near future or even right now, since steves presentation was filmed mid-august, sakurai and his team could be playing as fp8 on private online servers
It's definitely possible

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Congrats on surviving another Mii costume round.

Honestly, if the three remaining characters are the remainder of the pass...

Lloyd
Geno
Monster Hunter
Chocobo

I'd be pretty satisfied.
Oh, right, that reminds me... Comrades, go congratulate the Lloyd thread. They've been sweating it out during the Mii Costume segments as long as we have.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Congrats on surviving another Mii costume round.

Honestly, if the three remaining characters are the remainder of the pass...

Lloyd
Geno
Monster Hunter
Chocobo

I'd be pretty satisfied.
Right now, the companies to pay attention beyond Square are Bandai Namco, Level 5, Capcom, and Activision as far as potential DLC reps are concerned since the source Fatman had said that both Travis and Ryu Hayabusa were likely not going to be playable

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
HOTGIRLSVIDEOS69 CONFIRMED FRAUD
How is this news? I've been saying it for longer than 100 pages ago, lol. They are a clown, nothing more.

It’s Rathalos.
Or more than one of them.

Now, the only question is when is the reveal/release date for FP8. The earliest they could possibly reveal FP8 is at the Game Awards
The worst part is hearing that the amiibos are for next year so that could potentially mean no reveal at the game awards… unless they reveal it then like joker for the fighter to release in later months…

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
Damn, the Travis costume stung a bit for me...not that he was a character I wanted, mind you, but a close friend of mine was all over him possibly joining the roster. Maybe I should go check up on him. UnU

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Just watched the Steve presentation and good GOD is Steve complex! It is crazy that Sakurai and his team went to every single stage and made it so that depending on where you mine, the materials you'll get! Even if you don't like Steve, you gotta admit that this character has probably had the most work put into him out of all of the DLC (maybe even base game).

And, of course, GENO AND LLOYD LIVE!

...it is only a matter of time before he comes to us.
20200817_101612.jpg

However... in case people didn't know...

I wanted Travis as DLC...
20200816_134929.jpg

Oh well, No More Heroes is a bit more niche anyway, and Travis was never rather most requested Smash character, but still... I wanted at least music with him... sigh Well, at least you guys survived another round of Mii Costumes! I'm stoked for you guys, but I must admit I am a little deflated due to Travis.

Last edited:

Mizzle

Smash Cadet
Just a friendly reminder that Min Min's release didn't coincide with any amiibo. A reveal at TGA with a release not far after isn't out of the question, especially if Steve and 8 were supposed to both be E3 reveals. I still think January is a safer bet, but don't rule out an earlier release entirely.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Right now, the companies to pay attention beyond Square are Bandai Namco, Level 5, Capcom, and Activision as far as potential DLC reps are concerned since the source Fatman had said that both Travis and Ryu Hayabusa were likely not going to be playable
Where do you keep getting Level 5 from? I don’t see it happening.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just a friendly reminder that Min Min's release didn't coincide with any amiibo. A reveal at TGA with a release not far after isn't out of the question, especially if Steve and 8 were supposed to both be E3 reveals. I still think January is a safer bet, but don't rule out an earlier release entirely.
But question is, is Geno worthy as a TGA reveal?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's worth noting that reveals don't have to abide by amiibo theory. Only releases.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
I could be biased, but out of the remaining costumes that haven’t returned... Geno has the best shot.

He’s the only one whose:

• costume had a splash screen in Sm4sh
  • lived through 7 waves of costumes, incl. Hero’s
  • had a GameStop video about “being added to Smash”

You can’t convince me he’s not in.

Some other random thoughts that I speculated over coffee:

- I think Geno’s accompanying costume wave will be all Square characters. I think Geno will be fighter 9.

- I think Hayabusa and Lloyd are going to hit with the costume hammer and I’m going to make a prediction that it’ll happen when they add an Age of Calamity Fighter. I think they’ll be fighter 8.

- I think fighter 10 might be Crash. He’ll have a hodgepodge of costumes come with. Maybe Doom/Halo costumes and the Hunters will come with him.

- Fighter 11, after they have ensured maximum profits from us in Fighters 7-10, will grab a low effort character like a Pokémon to round it off.

I don’t know anything and this could all be wrong of course, but seems likely to me. ^_^

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
They are one of the top 10 biggest game companies in Japan and one of Nintendo's most loyal partners for over a decade. The fact there's nothing from them in Smash yet should be something to be wary of
mid level 5 gets a rep it’s deffo gonna be Layton. His franchise is their biggest selling franchise.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I'm sorry I ask u questions so often but I have one question that's been burning ever since steve was confirmed

Could Doom Guy still be possible as a fighter? What are his chances, in ur opinion

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
But question is, is Geno worthy as a TGA reveal?
Honestly... no.

TGA reveal would probably be someone more in the mainstream eye.

Like at E3, you can afford to pander to your base, but TGA is when you have to grab the attention of a lot of people who aren't inherently interested.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
To be honest, I can see Geno as a “woah” unexpected character than a “yay” cheered for character at TGA.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I decided to do a bit of guesswork regarding when the remaining 4 characters of the second Fighter Pass will release. As demonstrated between Min Min and Steve, the gap between reveals and releases was about 3 months give or take a week or two. That and today's presentation made this clear about the pass
1601746944376.png

They will all be released by December next year. Going off of this and assuming the release pattern holds, it means we can expect the remaining 4 like so:

FP8: January

FP9: April

FP10: July

FP11: October

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I'd just like to throw my hat into the ring of when we could POTENTIALLY get our next presents.

looking at the time frame of each presentation, here's what i got

Joker to Hero = 3 months
Hero to Banjo = 2 months
Banjo to Terry = 2 months
Terry to Byleth = 2 months
Byleth to Min Min = 5 months
Min Min to Steve/Alex = 4 months

i have a feeling that based on all of these timings, that a CP8 presentation could happen in January at the minimum seeings as that would be 3 months from steve. the maximum being 5 months and having the presentation be in march, which i doubt would be the case but isn't entirely out of question
I could be biased, but out of the remaining costumes that haven’t returned... Geno has the best shot.

He’s the only one whose:

• costume had a splash screen in Sm4sh
  • lived through 7 waves of costumes, incl. Hero’s
  • had a GameStop video about “being added to Smash”

You can’t convince me he’s not in.

Some other random thoughts that I speculated over coffee:

- I think Geno’s accompanying costume wave will be all Square characters. I think Geno will be fighter 9.

- I think Hayabusa and Lloyd are going to hit with the costume hammer and I’m going to make a prediction that it’ll happen when they add an Age of Calamity Fighter. I think they’ll be fighter 8.

- I think fighter 10 might be Crash. He’ll have a hodgepodge of costumes come with. Maybe Doom/Halo costumes and the Hunters will come with him.

- Fighter 11, after they have ensured maximum profits from us in Fighters 7-10, will grab a low effort character like a Pokémon to round it off.
i feel Ryu Hayabusa will end up playable because since smash ultimate released Tecmo are a part of this game and has assist trophy there are still no Tecmo content not even spirits from the company knowing that Tecmo has a huge library of games I would say they are saving it until they reveal him plus they are silent about smash

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Well, we have two instances of how Nintendo can approach the TGAs, one year revealed Joker, the other was skipped despite lining up perfectly timewise for Byleth (although, Nintendo acted so disinterested at last years awards, announcing 3 games, non first party, while their competitors reveal new consoles). So there's no define pattern with what they could do for this year.

But the characters were delayed this year. So there could have been a chance in the '2020 wasn't a dumpster fire that needs to be punished by everyone on earth' timelime that character 9 was planned for the TGAs which could have been a big hype character. So Geno could be the awards reveal if he's number 8 only because things were delayed and shifted.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, we have two instances of how Nintendo can approach the TGAs, one year revealed Joker, the other was skipped despite lining up perfectly timewise for Byleth (although, Nintendo acted so disinterested at last years awards, announcing 3 games, non first party, while their competitors reveal new consoles). So there's no define pattern with what they could do for this year.

But the characters were delayed this year. So there could have been a chance in the '2020 wasn't a dumpster fire that needs to be punished by everyone on earth' timelime that character 9 was planned for the TGAs which could have been a big hype character. So Geno could be the awards reveal if he's number 8 only because things were delayed and shifted.
So, how interested are Nintendo in terms of The Game Awards this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom