• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Good god...

-No true Microsoft or RARE costumes.

-No Master Chief costume.

-Lloyd and the Monster Hunter costumes are still MIA.

-Yet another popular assist trophy has been made into a Mii costume.

-Was told last December to not expect Travis as playable. This wound up correct. They also said not to expect Ryu either so we'll see how that plays out.

-More evidence that games don't get multiple Mii costumes unless they have a playable character.

I don't know about you guys but ironically Steve has brought some of the best news in our corner in like a solid year.

View attachment 288121
Now, the only question is when is the reveal/release date for FP8. The earliest they could possibly reveal FP8 is at the Game Awards

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
I could see Geno being a combination of Banjo and Terry. Banjo has been heavily requested for years just like Geno. Terry was added cause of Sakurai himself which he has expressed numerous times that he wanted to add Geno

Dan

Smash Lord
My second favorite game of all-time: Kingdom Hearts
My third: Mario RPG

Couldn't care less about Sora or KH getting any representation in Smash (some music tracks would be nice)... bring our boy home!

spongeabc5

Smash Rookie
Something I noticed that I haven't seen anyone point out yet:

The wording of the FP2 schedule disclaimer has been changed from "are planned to be" to "will be". Once again going off of crackpot desperation, I want to bring up that Min Min's release did not coincide with an amiibo wave, showing that every amiibo wave comes with a fighter release, but not necessarily the other way around. Going back to the announcement of the Mario tournament, I looked into the November date I keep hearing:
The date given to the tournament was referred to as " 11月~12月のどこか ", and using either jisho or Google Translate, those last three characters, "doko ka", translate to "somewhere", meaning Google's translation of the full phrase, "We are planning to hold it somewhere from November to December", should be effectively correct. Given that Steve and Alex were announced and are to be released within a two-week span, I don't see it impossible that Nintendo could be trying to squeeze in a DLC Mario character (you-know-who) before a timeframe slated as December at the latest. I personally wouldn't count out CP8 for 2020 just yet.

removes tinfoil hat

That said, moment of silence for Travis. I have no connection to him sentimentally but seeing such a popular request getting costumed like that hurt me spiritually.

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Ok, what did I saw?
Steve Gameplay: Oh, if it is the weirdest character in Smash history (Yeah, even more that Plant). His mechanics are omega weird. I am mad that he isn't coming today. Btw: Sakurai playing with MC toys, having items in his house and Kirby cube were amazing
Stage: Many people said "If we are getting MC content, it should be a stage". It's crazy and cool
Music: Sorry but I couldn't be more sad, they just used spinoffs music instead of legendary songs like sweden: https://youtu.be/aBkTkxKDduc or Living Mice: https://youtu.be/5baJg-Ldgl0
Mii Costumes: I guessed the Creeper, the pig maked sense (Even they look horrible), I also guessed the Diamond Armor, Bomberman is cool because I actually wanted he playable (How we got an AT Mii costume maybe we are getting a Deluxe Shovel Knight with Strike The Earth: https://youtu.be/wqAYMZSOQao), Gil was a Smash 4 one(IDK if this is good or bad for Lloyd) but man if I was sad of Travis, he would be a good character. axel_ axel_ man I know it was your most wanted. We didn't even got cacodemon or johana dark. Btw: M Theory is real with Travis's mii. I am hoping for Dante
Amiibos: The 3 are awesome, Banjo is on the Jiggy, The clothes of Byleth or Terry's Hair effect. Even if they are coming in 2021 so that mean that Steve will be the last character of 2020

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Okay so let's break down where we are:
--Amiibo aren't coming until 2021, which means my hunch was most likely correct and Steve is all we get for the rest of the year
--They recorded in Mid-August, so the DLC really WAS just delayed that badly
--Cacomallow is hanging in there, but Travis is RIP
--The remaining FP1 amiibo are coming most likely pretty early next year so maybe another January reveal? Or maybe a December reveal for a follow-up in January
--With Travis being probably the most high-profile deconfirmation of the lot right now, we got to start seriously considering who else might get costumed. I'm honestly thinking Hayabusa will fall to this
--No Microsoft costumes again... could Chief still actually happen?

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Based on Amiibo theory, 8 won't be released until 2021 but there's a good chance they'll still be a 2020 announcement. Now we just have to figure out whether it will be November or December...
My guess is December, partially due to the Game Awards. I know a reveal there isn't guaranteed (as demonstrated by The 2019 Game Awards), but I remember someone saying that Geoff Keighly was interested in doing another big reveal like Joker. If nothing else, it would mean a Game Awards reveal isn't off the table unless Nintendo isn't present at all.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Hey. Popping in to say that I might still be vaguely following along by reading the thread now and then, but after 7's reveal, I don't really have much interest in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate whatsoever. So consider this another of those periods where I won't be posting much or at all.

Literally only got up this early to see if we survived the costumes. We did, so what little care I had has been satisfied for now.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
There is still hope for Level 5 and Professor Layton's chances beyond the Bandai Namco, Capcom, Geno/Square rep, and others currently being speculated

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Quick check, can someone remind me exactly where we got M Theory from? My mind is blanking a bit atm.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Quick check, can someone remind me exactly where we got M Theory from? My mind is blanking a bit atm.
Something about logos. On the fighter pass for the US, we don't see the logos, but we do see the logos for the series outside of the US, including the one for Persona, an M rated series. Altair, Vault Boy, and now ravis all come from M rated series too, and we did not see "Smaash Ultimate X Assasin's Creed/Fallout/No More Heroes", just the characters who got Mii'ed. Since we don't see the logos for Fighter Pass 2, this means that we may also see another character from an M rated series once again.

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
So far this pass is goated
We have a perfect choice for a first-party rep
A great third party inclusion that rightfully deserves its spot on the roster
This pass is getting 6 fighters, not 5!

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Something about logos. On the fighter pass for the US, we don't see the logos, but we do see the logos for the series outside of the US, including the one for Persona, an M rated series. Altair, Vault Boy, and now ravis all come from M rated series too, and we did not see "Smaash Ultimate X Assasin's Creed/Fallout/No More Heroes", just the characters who got Mii'ed. Since we don't see the logos for Fighter Pass 2, this means that we may also see another character from an M rated series once again.
Riiiight. I stand by the fact that it was just a consistency thing, since they removed the logos from the first pass (and references to the Persona series from the DLC page) around November/December-ish. There was obviously some kind of ESRB change regarding mentioning M-Rated games in lower rated titles.

Last edited:

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
M theory is based on the fact that ESRB had some recent changes about how they handle logo copyrights: if a logo is put into it, the rating of that is transferred over to the presentation too. It's why the America got Smash x Vault Boy, Smash x Altair and Smash x Travis. However, the pass still is rated M, so that implies one of characters is actually from a M rated series / is a M rated character by himself.

Also, we got 6 Mii costumes in this wave (a return to the Power of 6 theory), but Min Min only had 5 costumes and only 1 Bethesda costume was there instead of how Ubisoft got 2. Make of that what you will.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Okay, here's my current mindset regarding the speculation for FP8 onwards:

1. FP8 can still be revealed by years end, and given how the past two fighters had a 3 month gap between reveals and releases, chances are the fighter and potetially the last Fighter Pass 1 amiibos are due in January

2. With Travis deconfirmation and the possibility of Ryu Hayabusa out, the companies we should keep our eyes on are Capcom, Level 5, Bandai Namco, and Activision when it comes to third parties. Level 5 is a BIG third party contributor and partner of Nintendo and the lack of content from them in Ultimate so far is eyebrow raising.

3. If FP8 turns out to be Geno, it'll be the character to finally confirm once and for all whether or not Cacomallow is real

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I'm saddened more that Travis was mii'd not for Travis but because his music won't be added now.

So, now, speculation pretty much dies for the rest of the year. 3 months just to get OUT of 2020.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Minecraft is Microsoft unless you mean 1st party Microsoft characters like MC right?
Right. The fact that we've now had two Microsoft packs and no true first party or RARE costumes is suspicious as all hell. The fact that Banjo didn't have this gave us a predictor that Microsoft was going to get more significant content in the future so this happening literally two years in a row takes that suspicion to all new heights.

MexoKatonSB

Smash Cadet
I'd just like to throw my hat into the ring of when we could POTENTIALLY get our next presents.

looking at the time frame of each presentation, here's what i got

Joker to Hero = 3 months
Hero to Banjo = 2 months
Banjo to Terry = 2 months
Terry to Byleth = 2 months
Byleth to Min Min = 5 months
Min Min to Steve/Alex = 4 months

i have a feeling that based on all of these timings, that a CP8 presentation could happen in January at the minimum seeings as that would be 3 months from steve. the maximum being 5 months and having the presentation be in march, which i doubt would be the case but isn't entirely out of question

Last edited:

Mizzle

Smash Cadet
If we end up seeing that a future presentation is E-to-M rated, then that would basically confirm that we're getting an M-rated character as playable, right? I imagine that mentioning the name of the series would be unavoidable at that point.
I don't think it applies to saying the series name, just with showing the logo.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well we lost Travis oh well

If I can ask what was this hot girl claiming since she lost all credibility

Also glad to see geno and ryu hayabusa live

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Steve looks amazing and probably as perfect as they could possibly make him, Gil has returned as a Mii Costume which puts a big spotlight on the remaining ones from Smash 4, and Geno lives to fight another day.

Sucks it seems we'll need to wait to 2021 for 8 though. But on the bright side they'll need to speed up the reveals if they wanna meet that December 2021 deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom