• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
In fairness that Rathalos / Link / Marth image was almost certainly a Golden Sun reference. But the references don’t often mean anything, so there’s that. I really wish people would just appreciate cross references that Sakurai makes and wants to make and doesn’t just assume that it hints at something more than just a fun pic =/

MattX20

Smash Hero
Wait, I just realized something. There's a bit of music that would be appropriate to sum up Geno's appearance in Smash and even has stars in the title

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I wouldn't read too much into Sakurai's goofy pictures of the day. They're just for fun, with today's being a reference to Starfy's anniversary being on this date. People have used these pictures to claim that all sorts of characters are going to be playable, and it never (or at least rarely ever - some might have worked out by sheer coincidence) pans out. It's like looking at the video games that Sakurai has played in the past and using that to claim that Steve from Minecraft is going to be playable.
I should have specified that I know this doesn't "confirm" Geno or anything. Using Sakurai's pic of the day as a hint towards a character almost feels like "new game = Smash announcement" tier evidence. I just brought it up just because this is fun. Even if this doesn't hint at Geno, it still looks like a fun SMRPG reference, and I am all for that.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Wait, I just realized something. There's a bit of music that would be appropriate to sum up Geno's appearance in Smash and even has stars in the title
That music track has been used countless times for movie trailers and scenes, that I wouldn't be too surprised to hear it in a Smash trailer... and I also wouldn't mind, because I love Dragonheart.

Gribbo

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai also posted this picture on August 24 of Young Link holding the sword in the Kalos Pokemon Leaque stage. This pic looks INCREDIBLY reminiscent of Exor. Their is also another picture of a metallic Young Link holding a smaller version of this sword kinda resembling Mack, but Smashboards is having trouble loading it for some reason.

View attachment 284736

Also, I find it interesting how Young Link is in both pictures. Usually I'm not one to look in to this stuff too seriously, but its quite eye-brow raising to say the least.
Pretty sure that's an OOT reference

MisterMike

Smash Champion

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Time for another meme!

This one is for Ovaltine Ovaltine !

[Mod Edit: image removed due to language]

Hope you like it! :)

(With apologies for the language, to whom it may concern.)

Last edited by a moderator:

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569

They added Bowser to this 64 mod and with him a Bowser's Keep stage!
That's awesome!

I hope they include Banjo & Kazooie in this mod. I would love to see what their interpretation of Banjo could be if he were in Smash 64, especially considering they would have been in that game if their weren't legal issues surrounding them at the time.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Sorry mods, I didn't realize B**** was a censored word. Should have erred on the side of caution. Hope there's no hard feelings.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think it was such a missed opportunity that Geno and Mallow didn’t appear in Fortune Street, Mario Hoops, and Mario Sports mix in any form. They’re both Square owned Mario characters and SMRPG was the first Nintendo and Square collaboration. Since these games were made by Square, why not add them? My guess that Nintendo wants them to use the same cast of characters they always use in spin-offs. That’s pretty much why I think Mario is a little bit overrated as a series because they seem pretty strict on what characters they use depending on which game. Waluigi only shows up in Mario sports titles and Fawful in the Mario and Luigi series. They need to expand the scenarios of these characters outside the games the usually go like Waluigi as a boss in a platforming game or in Luigi’s Mansion. Or perhaps Waluigi in Warioware since Wario and Wah are partners.

Last edited by a moderator:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Hopefully. Although I have my doubts, I still think we aren't getting anything this week and that we'll get our smash news next week.
Does anyone know if there were schedule maintenance periods around when Byleth and Min Min were revealed? Were they the same week the character was revealed, or the week after when the character would release?

Depending on when the periods take place in relation to character reveals, we could be getting a Fighter 7 reveal either this week or the next. Either way, we hopefully don't have to wait too long.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Maintenance has always been hit or miss and practically every time since early last year it's been the latter. Wouldn't put too much stock into that as the only people who I see constantly bringing that up EVERY SINGLE TIME IT OCCURS are people who are just way too desperate for news. Still I'll be pleasantly surprised if something does come out of it.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I think it was such a missed opportunity that Geno and Mallow didn’t appear in Fortune Street, Mario Hoops, and Mario Sports mix in any form. They’re both Square owned Mario characters and SMRPG was the first Nintendo and Square collaboration. Since these games were made by Square, why not add them? My guess that Nintendo wants them to use the same cast of characters they always use in spin-offs. That’s pretty much why I think Mario is a little bit overrated as a series because they seem pretty strict on what characters they use depending on which game. Waluigi only shows up in Mario sports titles and Fawful in the Mario and Luigi series. They need to expand the scenarios of these characters outside the games the usually go like Waluigi as a boss in a platforming game or in Luigi’s Mansion. Or perhaps Waluigi in Warioware since Wario and Wah are partners.
This.

I'm so tired of when detractors accuse us of only requesting Geno for Smash. They say that Geno only exists in the Smash bubble and that we wouldn't care if Geno were in other Mario games. I would wish for nothing more but to see Geno return to the overall Mario series. The only reason why he is so requested for Smash is simply because with Smash, that is when Nintendo REALLY starts working with as much third-parties as possible. Their is a reason Geno support was at its highest when Snake and Sonic joined the Brawl. When it comes to the overall Mario series like Mario Kart, Mario Party ect. its very unlikely Nintendo would wanna negotiate with Square JUST to have Geno drive a kart or rolling a dice. I have accepted long ago that Geno will probably never see the light of day in the overall Mario universe again, thus is why Smash is really the only way we can revive him, and many other forgotten characters.

In terms of Fortune Street, Mario Hoops 3-3, and Sports Mix, it was SUCH a missed opportunity and if Square somehow steps up to make yet another Mario sports game, I seriously hope Geno and Mallow are included. They are seriously some of the most popular one-time Mario characters and I am sure this thread would explode just to see Geno in another game, even if it isn't Smash. The main goal at the end of the day is to revive Geno in some way and if he were to make it in to a Nintendo\Square collaboration Mario sports title, I would think that is victory in its own right.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That's awesome!

I hope they include Banjo & Kazooie in this mod. I would love to see what their interpretation of Banjo could be if he were in Smash 64, especially considering they would have been in that game if their weren't legal issues surrounding them at the time.
I hope they add Mewtwo as well as he was originally intended along with Bowser to be playable in Smash 64 but cut due to time constraints.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
crazy idea but maybe Geno could be in this fighters pass. Idk what do u guys think
...are you serious? How dare you calmly state your prediction? Do you really think your kind is welcome here? No. In fact, just because you calmly stated your opinion on Geno, I'm gonna write a 10 page essay on not only why Geno will never be in Smash, but also why you wanting him in Smash means you're going straight to h e l l.

Calmly stating your opinion on a character's chances are forbidden in these parts. ESPECIALLY if its Geno of all characters. ...did that evil Fatmanonice Fatmanonice and his evil Geno cult put you up to this? Your guys' Geno theories are literally responsible for my nonexistent dog getting polio and uh... pooping on my carpet! YEAH, I blame Geno and his fans for all of that and no one can stop me! Even if Geno gets in, he STILL will NEVER get in. I don't care if Sakurai pops out of the screen and yells at me that Geno is a playable character, he will NEVER get in!

(Sure I said the same things about all the veterans returning, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie, but this time I KNOW I'm gonna be right!)

On an unrelated note,

*Geno haters rushing into the thread to give us a daily reminder that Geno could be a Mii costume and that we should hype responsibly
20200905_143602.jpg

D

Deleted member

They added Bowser to this 64 mod and with him a Bowser's Keep stage!
You beat me to it. I definitely thought of this thread when I saw Exor/Bowser's Keep, but I think I would have posted anyways. Do give this your support, it's a well-crafted mod, and it's only getting better every update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom