• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
I don't think it's a matter of owing us anything, but there is the undeniable fact that they are not appealing nearly half of their market's consumer base with what they have released so far this year, i'm talking about when it comes to their first party games. This is entirely focused to an analysis of them as a business and what benefits them, what they should be aiming to achieve, not what fans feel they are entitled to or anything. They are a company that appeal to multiple tastes that form their total consumer base.

Animal crossing? Sure it did great, but i got news for you, AC is not for everyone, it doesn't appeal everyone, and its fanbase certainly doesn't cover a 50% of Nintendo's total consumer base, AT ALL. Animal Crossing will only please as far as its fanbase amounts. Same with any other series, it applies to all of t hem. Did AC do great sales wise for Nintendo? Sure, it did, but it take away the issue that it only appeals to that segment of the consumer base Nintendo has. Not even a combination of AC, Pikmin 3, XCDE and Paper mario all together is enough to make them look decent enough in terms of first party game releases when compared to the past years.

Is there a pandemic? right ****ing hell yes there is one, but as much as you hate hearing it from me as well now, I have to bring up the fact that the rest of japanese developers haven't limited themselves from communicating their upcoming games, even if they come in 2021 or don't even have a freaking release date even, ever since the state of emergency was lifted many months ago now. Their consumers know what to expect eventually, while totally understanding there is a pandemic going on too and therefore those games will take a while to come. Making announcements isn't exploding their employees, they aren't forcing them to make those game faster either, they are working however they can, and they are able to at least just prepare a trailer with what they have, even when sometimes it can be just a logo teaser or whatever, and then show it to their consumers. Show that you have stuff to appeal the rest of your market, not a couple of segments that forms its totality. I say this because the actual problem with Nintendo, in my opinion, it's not about what are we getting this year at the end of the day, but rather them not communicating to the rest of their consumer base and showing them they have stuff to look forward to WHENEVER such stuff releases.

Do they also sell 3rd party games? sure they do, but how many of the 3rd party games you have seen in the past 2 or 3 minis or whatever they are called, do make people go crazy? how many of those will help Nintendo enough in their fiscal year's report by next March? hell, how many of those 3rd party games are coming this year even? not even 3rd party wise we have enough crazy stuff to appeal to the remaining part of Nintendo's consumer base that isn't being covered by Nintendo's first party section of products. All I would ask as an honest fan is: communicate what you have in store, give us trailers that don't have a release date yet, you are showing me that you are able to have a presentation in july and 2 presentations in August so far, therefore you CAN prepare those trailers for your upcoming first party games, whenever they release.

Give calm to your consumer base that hasn't been pleased with the very, super specific few releases of this year. Just communicate what people want to see, we will wait for it whenever it releases. Not to us fans specifically, but even to investors and shareholders. This is not fan entitlement speaking, this is something that Nintendo has to do as a business that appeals to multiple kinds of people and they have failed to do so enough this year.
I don't think I could've said it better myself. Very well said
The thing to remember is this:

As a Consumer, you are ALWAYS owed something for your money. Always. If it aint free, you're expecting to get your money's worth from what you buy and the investments you make--be it financial or emotional--in that company's actions. From the product to the PR department. If you don't feel satisfied, it is ANYONE'S duty to speak out about it. Pandemic or not.

Nazyrus Nazyrus , you nailed it.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Well I finally watched the mini Partner’s showcase. I was putting it off out of denial and because, frankly, I knew nothing in it was going to be something I’d buy. For those who haven’t seen it, here’s the summary:

Music
music
music
music
dance monkey music

!!!TANKS!!!
dance monkey dancing

After watching it, I’ve simmered down my hopes for the month. I find it highly unlikely that there will be more this week. Funny how easy it is to bounce back at this point from the disappointment. I just find myself uncomfortably numb

MattX20

Smash Hero
Well I finally watched the mini Partner’s showcase. I was putting it off out of denial and because, frankly, I knew nothing in it was going to be something I’d buy. For those who haven’t seen it, here’s the summary:

Music
music
music
music
dance monkey music

!!!TANKS!!!
dance monkey dancing

After watching it, I’ve simmered down my hopes for the month. I find it highly unlikely that there will be more this week. Funny how easy it is to bounce back at this point from the disappointment. I just find myself uncomfortably numb
It had more general consumer pleasing content than the last Partner Showcase, so it didn't hurt as hard as the last one did

Last edited:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
It had more general consumer pleasing content than the last Partner Showcase, so it didn't hurt as hard as the last one did
M U S I C G A M E S!

When you look at it, If this direct was good in any way, it was only because the last one was so bad. LMAO!

Think about this: How likely is it that the brass at Nintendo actually said, "Hey, uh, maybe we shouldn't do these partner directs because people...uh,,,don't like them?" - If one's answer to that question is "Not very likely" Then any way you slice it, there is something VERY wrong with the big N right now.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Nothing I’ll be buying. There is no hurt for me, it’s not about what content it had, the dissatisfaction is in my hype for smash. I wish all these companies success in their sales.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Nothing I’ll be buying. There is no hurt for me, it’s not about what content it had, the dissatisfaction is in my hype for smash. I wish all these companies success in their sales.
I wish them luck for the sake of the common workers employed by them, if nothing else.

Last edited:

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Well Genobros, I’ve really gone and done it now. I’ve played so many games in my back catalogue that I’m starting to run out of things to play. In a last ditch effort to keep myself preoccupied, I went and did the unthinkable.

I redownloaded Mario Kart Tour. cue ominous music

If Nintendo doesn’t announce something soon I’m gonna redownload Mario Run as well, because by then I’ll have already snapped and become insane.

Anyways, while I was playing I started thinking about the chances of Geno, Mallow, and some other SMRPG characters joining the game. Then I had a fun thought that I figured I’d share with you all:

For sake of argument, let’s say Geno and Mallow were already in the game, and the next tour confirmed that we were getting alt costumes of them. What alt costumes would you make for them?

For me personally, I’d love a halloween themed Geno (decked out in spooky witch clothes kinda like Rosalina) or a christmas themed Mallow sporting some red and green striped shorts, and maybe a lil elf hat :^)

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Well Genobros, I’ve really gone and done it now. I’ve played so many games in my back catalogue that I’m starting to run out of things to play. In a last ditch effort to keep myself preoccupied, I went and did the unthinkable.

If Nintendo doesn’t announce something soon I’m gonna redownload Mario Run as well, because by then I’ll have already snapped and become insane.

Anyways, while I was playing I started thinking about the chances of Geno, Mallow, and some other SMRPG characters joining the game. Then I had a fun thought that I figured I’d share with you all:

For sake of argument, let’s say Geno and Mallow were already in the game, and the next tour confirmed that we were getting alt costumes of them. What alt costumes would you make for them?

For me personally, I’d love a halloween themed Geno (decked out in spooky witch clothes kinda like Rosalina) or a christmas themed Mallow sporting some red and green striped shorts, and maybe a lil elf hat :^)

Play torchlight 2

Start on hardcore and set it to elite difficulty. And don’t look anything up!

That should keep you busy and give you one of the most rewarding completions gaming can offer.

Trevenant

Smash Lord

With these few mere sentences, you have already tainted the entirety of mankind and all it has achieved. How dare you commit such a heinous crime. The current moment in time is one that I dread but internally revere in order to subvert any wrong doing the user has committed after not only their turn to the dark side but their full confession of it being their return to the dark side. Throw them in with the wolves. It's only appropriate the user gets a punishment that reflects the enormity of the crime committed. Then we shan't have to worry about the severe repercussions that it may have had should the user have made it to the day where they would have craved 'Super Mario Run'.

Seriously though, I hated what I played of Mario Run. It just seemed like they took a bunch of recurring features in mobile games and mashed them together with the Mario Brand on it and semi unique gameplay. Let's also take into account the actually model for the game and it was honestly my least favourite mobile game from them. Only thing that was compelling after was when Daisy, Toad, Luigi and Peach or Yoshi I believe were added post launch which was quite big for Daisy since she was added to a Mario platformer as playable with her own abilities like three jumps and everything too. Shame it wasn't mainline since then it it'd be more major

Last edited:

Supirorguy

Smash Cadet
I've long since accepted that Nintendo's 2020 was going to be a letdown. In this thread alone, I've vented about their disappointingly few releases and how stretched out major DLC for their biggest titles is. Still, I liked this Partner Showcase much more than I liked the last one. It's very clear Nintendo is only holding off a few select things we know are probably delayed. Small Battlefield heavily implied Smash wouldn't come for a while, I expect a "Sakurai Presents - ???" in late September - early October.

MisterMike

Smash Champion

Y'know, I've heard about this very obscure game recently called Celeste. From what I've heard it's a real diamond in the rough. :ultpacman:

I need to try out that Samurai Jack game that came out too now that I think of it. It'll help kill some time waiting for any Geno or FP7 related news
Same. I've heard it's really good.

a random user

Smash Journeyman
it also didn't blindside people as hard, because once we saw the name we knew what to expect
edit
I skimmed through several pages, what I miss (besides a partner mini direct airing)
outside the mini a paper Mario spirit event got announced for next week

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
well....despite things seeming to go downhill here, least for me there's good news..as a current radio I'm working on is turning out just fine.

Not....really related to Geno at all, but hey I gotta find some positivity where I can right now...

If We don't get anything announced tomorrow any direct...well...September is just around the corner guys, maybe then.

Last edited:

a random user

Smash Journeyman
well....despite things seeming to go downhill here, least for me there's good news..as a current radio I'm working on is turning out just fine.

Not....really related to Geno at all, but hey I gotta find some positivity where I can right now...

If We don't get anything announced tomorrow any direct...well...September is just around the corner guys, maybe then.
just keep in mind these partner showcases seem to be a end of the month thing, so expect another one of these next month, major direct or not

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
You know if Sakurai had just held off on the Byleth release and presentation to like today, Byleth would have been the most beloved Smash reveal of all time. lol

QQS

Smash Lord
My birthday's in September. Maybe Sakurai found out somehow and decided to be creepy thoughtful and moved Geno's reveal to that day.
For sure something is coming in September, from here to 2 weeks I see Mario 3D reveals and #7 and even #8. Maybe also Zelda full trailer (Breath 2.0) and more like 2D games, Pokemon, ports HD like Prime Trilogy, etc.

September:

-Súper Mario 35
-Nintendo 131
-Amiibo waves
-More than 2 months since Min Min
-Lack of Nintendo long Directs and First party Big News

Don’t lose faith and just do your own stuff while Nintendo decides the day for the Geno reveal! 100% happening for me.

Last edited:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Thanks to all who liked my post, by the way. I know it can seem controversial to attack a corporation when we all consume their product, but I'm glad at least some of you understand the importance of calling out anti-consumer practices even if it's a company you like.

Make no mistake, it gives me no joy to be as frustrated with nintendo as I am, and certainly i would have the ability to go even further with my argument than I did if this were a different place. However, I'm not stupid. This is a Smash Brothers forum and I know most people don't come into these threads looking to be even more depressed in this crappy time. I'm not trying to bum anyone out by saying what I say and I'm absolutely not trying to take this outside of the subject of whether or nor Geno'll be in this game. The only thing I want to do is encourage people to allow themselves to feel how they want to feel and not be afraid to demand better from a company who's fan base is constantly told to sit down and shut up. That we shouldn't WANT things we like, and to accept things we don't want in the first place. Anyone that says we don't have the right to want Nintendo NOT to constantly spit on our cupcake and tell us it's frosting clearly would be content with anything, so why should we feel ashamed for calling it like it is? The simple fact is that Nintendo is managing the world situation like amateurs, and there's nothing wrong with those of us who are fed up saying enough is enough.

Last edited:

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
For what it's worth M MattOnwheels , I liked your original post and I realized that it shouldn't have been taken to heart in some aspects. Sadly, some people do take things to heart and it showed with some of the responses/reactions. I've been there, you're not allowed to add any humorous flavor to a post without someone getting offended or taking it personal or missing the point completely.

But back to your point, Nintendo IS a corporation and if they intend to keep their customers happy as well as bring in new customers, they'll have to make something public, be it a statement or an update on things. This is business 101. Keeping people in the dark for too long is never good business, regardless of any external affairs or opening disclaimers.

Another thing that needs to be said: While this corporation has human beings behind it, remember this: At the end of the day, the products they put out have a price tag on them. They want your money at the end of the day. They are not your buddies or your pals, no matter how many memes and macros they post on their twitter feed or how many quirky quips Sakurai mentions when showcasing the next anticipated accessory from his game. Everything they show as a company, they do so to earn money. If they were releasing their products for free, you'd have a point with the statements mentioned. As it stands, they are not and as such, they will not be given a free pass on their ****ups the same way any other company isn't allowed to get a pass on their ****ups as well.

Someone mentioned that people today treat these name brands like a religion, and that person was dangerously accurate in that statement. Remember, Nintendo is not your friend. They are a producer of products and you and I as well are simply people who may take an interest in said products. No more, no less.

I kinda wish Mallow got the same attention as Geno. If not for Square, he and him both would likely be in the Mario spin-offs as partners like Peach/Daisy and Wario/Waluigi. Alas.

Last edited:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
For what it's worth M MattOnwheels , I liked your original post and I realized that it shouldn't have been taken to heart in some aspects. Sadly, some people do take things to heart and it showed with some of the responses/reactions. I've been there, you're not allowed to add any humorous flavor to a post without someone getting offended or taking it persona or missing the point completely.

But back to your point, Nintendo IS a corporation and if they intend to keep their customers happy as well as bring in new customers, they'll have to make something public, be it a statement or an update on things. This is business 101. Keeping people in the dark for too long is never good business, regardless of any external affairs or opening disclaimers.

Another thing that needs to be said: While this corporation has human beings behind it, remember this: At the end of the day, the products they put out have a price tag on them. They want your money at the end of the day. They are not your buddies or your pals, no matter how many memes and macros they post on their twitter feed or how many quirky quips Sakurai mentions when showcasing the next anticipated accessory from his game. Everything they show as a company, they do so to earn money. If they were releasing their products for free, you'd have a point with the statements mentioned. As it stands, they are not and as such, they will not be given a free pass on their ****ups the same way any other company isn't allowed to get a pass on their ****ups as well.

Someone mentioned that people today treat these name brands like a religion, and that person was dangerously accurate in that statement. Remember, Nintendo is not your friend. They are a producer of products and you and I as well are simply people who may take an interest in said products. No more, no less.

I kinda wish Mallow got the same attention as Geno. If not for Square, he and him both would likely be in the Mario spin-offs as partners like Peach/Daisy and Wario/Waluigi. Alas.
Thank you a thousand times over from the bottom of my heart for this brilliant way of putting it. As someone who's business it is to study world history and the effects of capitalism across the world, you'd be surprised how many people realize everything you said and yet, so little of us are willing to stand up to it,

Let it be known: I want nothing more than to say "Good Job, Nintendo!" even if it means my money is going toward buying Myamoto a new swimming pool. I'm happy to do that as long as I feel that money is earned (Although, lets be real: at this point Myamoto and even Sakurai himself are becoming Steve Jobs to an extent and probably don't deserve half of the money they make, but this is a whole other rant) However, at this point just about anyone can agree that whether you support big businesses or not, Nintendo has no one to blame but themselves for the unrest they are creating.

Case in point, I talked weeks ago about the method of Problem-Reaction-Solution and how they could likely be using it to starve their base of product on purpose, and I think that's going to become more and more likely to end up being true the closer we get to the holiday season without a general direct. That is, of course, provided they even have one before then at all.

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Thank you a thousand times over from the bottom of my heart for this brilliant way of putting it. As someone who's business it is to study world history and the effects of capitalism across the world, you'd be surprised how many people realize everything you said and yet, so little of us are willing to stand up to it,

Let it be known: I want nothing more than to say "Good Job, Nintendo!" even if it means my money is going toward buying Myamoto a new swimming pool. I'm happy to do that as long as I feel that money is earned (Although, lets be real: at this point Myamoto and even Sakurai himself are becoming Steve Jobs to an extent and probably don't deserve half of the money they make, but this is a whole other rant) However, at this point just about anyone can agree that whether you support big businesses or not, Nintendo has no one to blame but themselves for the unrest they are creating.

Case in point, I talked weeks ago about the method of Problem-Reaction-Solution and how they could likely be using it to starve their base of product on purpose, and I think that's going to become more and more likely to end up being true the closer we get to the holiday season without a general direct. That is, of course, provided they even have one before then at all.
I hope Myamoto and Sakurai have pools with solid gold Bloopers in em.
1598516713293.png

They're older now, and they've already given us more than enough. They are OGs and deserve respect. The company has changed, I definitely don't agree with their decisions much anymore but they've gotten huge and have so much to lose. They're an easy target now so they have reason to nit pick every single action they do in regards to dealing with the public. They're also old school to a fault when it comes to secrecy and delivery timing. I'm not crazy about that, but that part is nothing new. Don't let it sully the golden years you've had with them and just move on. They don't owe us anything, and we don't have to give them business if they don't keep up- simple as that.

There are plenty of upcoming developers to give your attention to anyway while Big N fumbles about chasing our dollars the safest ways possible. But Myamoto and Sakurai have done more than enough to stay legends in my books for the rest of my days.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
I hope Myamoto and Sakurai have pools with solid gold Bloopers in em.
View attachment 283615

They're older now, and they've already given us more than enough. They are OGs and deserve respect. The company has changed, I definitely don't agree with their decisions much anymore but they've gotten huge and have so much to lose. They're an easy target now so they have reason to nit pick every single action they do in regards to dealing with the public. They're also old school to a fault when it comes to secrecy and delivery timing. I'm not crazy about that, but that part is nothing new. Don't let it sully the golden years you've had with them and just move on. They don't owe us anything, and we don't have to give them business if they don't keep up- simple as that.

There are plenty of upcoming developers to give your attention to anyway while Big N fumbles about chasing our dollars the safest ways possible. But Myamoto and Sakurai have done more than enough to stay legends in my books for the rest of my days.
Wrong. All businesses owe something. The reputation of the past does not entitle anyone to special treatment. That's just complacency and enabling mediocrity.

Last edited:

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
Not gonna lie, I'm very disappointed that Paper Mario most likely won't be a DLC character in Smash - he was my 2nd most wanted character and the one that seemed most logical to me. However, I agree that he was probably the biggest rival to Geno, so that's good for our puppet. I didn't expect both of them to get in anyways, now I hope we will at least get Geno and maybe even some Paper Mario music alongside with him, that would make me really happy!

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
I wanted Paper Mario back in Brawl, but that was before the series changed the way it did. I may be enjoying Origami King, but it's not the Paper Mario that I'd want to see represented in Smash, and I feel that it (and the newer Paper Mario games in general) would be if he got in. At this point, though, even if I was offered TTYD Mario in Smash, I'd still pick Geno over him. Both games are very important to me, but this is Geno's time.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
I honestly never cared for paper mario(as a character,series has been dead to me since SPM). Why not add him as an alternate mario costume next time?
I feel it would be too many alt mario's( ala Link).
I'm also glad that he's getting out of geno's way.
We're getting a september direct but seeing how they postponed/diluted their e3 direct, it's pretty obvious we're getting only ONE DLC announcement.
The pandemic Has hit them hard and caught nintendo with their pants down to their ankles.

OffBi

Smash Ace
I honestly never cared for paper mario(as a character,series has been dead to me since SPM). Why not add him as an alternate mario costume next time?
I feel it would be too many alt mario's( ala Link).
I'm also glad that he's getting out of geno's way.
We're getting a september direct but seeing how they postponed/diluted their e3 direct, it's pretty obvious we're getting only ONE DLC announcement.
The pandemic Has hit them hard and caught nintendo with their pants down to their ankles.
...i don't think you understand how much different mario and paper mario are.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Not gonna lie, I'm very disappointed that Paper Mario most likely won't be a DLC character in Smash - he was my 2nd most wanted character and the one that seemed most logical to me. However, I agree that he was probably the biggest rival to Geno, so that's good for our puppet. I didn't expect both of them to get in anyways, now I hope we will at least get Geno and maybe even some Paper Mario music alongside with him, that would make me really happy!
Tbh the Idea of Geno's Challenger Pack bringing Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi music is something I would like way too much

D

Deleted member

Is it safe to say no matter who the next character is it’s guaranteed at this point to be a 3rd party.

you’d think if it was 1st party we would already know who the character is or what series they’re coming from by now but Since we don’t know and it’s been months and nearly a year since the pass was announced character 7 is Basically guaranteed to be from 3rd party and they’re struggling to find the perfect place to announce it.
Seeing as how I firmly believe that Geno is fighter #7, I totally agree that it's third party, but I don't think the wait proves that. At this point, we've waited longest between release and next reveal for first party characters that Nintendo surely expects are going to be received lukewarm at best (which paints a picture that they're afraid of the reactions, unlikely as that is). Honestly, if the third party has any say/expectation on when the character is revealed, I'd suspect the character to be revealed a bit quicker than this... But it's doubtful that any given third party has input on when the character is revealed. They get their money up front and get consulted on their character and that's probably as much as they give a ****.

...i don't think you understand how much different mario and paper mario are.
I think it's been said before in this thread that maybe Nintendo just considers Mario and Paper Mario the same character at this point. Like... It's Mario, just as a paper man living in a paper world. Mario having Paper Mario's color palette wouldn't be impossible, and he might even look surprisingly good in 3D.

I never really understood the want for Paper Mario, even back in the Brawl days, before the Paper Mario series went straight to ****. Now, I agree that Mario is a boring character in Smash, and I think that if they leaned more into the RPG territory rather than the Platforming/Mario 64 territory, Mario would be a more entertaining fighter. I would love to see him have Hammer based Smash attacks, and given how many unique moves Mario and Luigi gave him, maybe even hammer based specials. Hell, I even understand the argument that "Mario with a Hammer" could easily be his own character, but Paper Mario specifically just confuses me - I don't think the 2D aspect or paper transformations from TTYD would really benefit a Smash character... But that's just me.

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
According to Nate on his Twitter account (yesterday) , the date he heard Mario 3D All-Stars is getting announced on (he doesn't know the style of presentation) is in more than a week but less than two weeks. This would put it between the 3rd and the 8th. The only viable dates (that is, obviously excluding the weekend) are the 3rd, the 4th, the 7th and the 8th. The 3rd is a Thursday, the 4th a Friday, the 7th a Monday (also I think Labor Day in America) and the 8th a Tuesday. All General Directs have been on either Wednesday or Thursday since 2013.
If there is a General Direct before the meeting in which Mario would be announced and IF Nate's information is correct, the 3rd of September, exactly one day before the last Direct's one year anniversary, seems a likely date.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
According to Nate on his Twitter account (yesterday) , the date he heard Mario 3D All-Stars is getting announced on (he doesn't know the style of presentation) is in more than a week but less than two weeks. This would put it between the 3rd and the 8th. The only viable dates (that is, obviously excluding the weekend) are the 3rd, the 4th, the 7th and the 8th. The 3rd is a Thursday, the 4th a Friday, the 7th a Monday (also I think Labor Day in America) and the 8th a Tuesday. All General Directs have been on either Wednesday or Thursday since 2013.
If there is a General Direct before the meeting in which Mario would be announced and IF Nate's information is correct, the 3rd of September, exactly one day before the last Direct's one year anniversary, seems a likely date.
It would be just too funny to end this Drought with a day of difference of when It started

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I did this predictive model post before Min Min was announced and it was actually fairly accurate. I need to update the numbers later but to using the same averages determined in this earlier model it suggests the following dates as being important for 7:

Amiibo Wave average days between: 80, suggests August 31st (coincidentally a Monday)

Gaps between releases average: 72, suggests September 9th (this is a Wednesday on the first full week of September)

Gaps between announcements average: 95, suggests September 25th (this is Joker and Hero's Amiibo release date)

There's supposed to be Amiibos coming on the 18th and 25th. Using the 11 day average to stay within the month, we get September 7th and September 14th respectively. Both are coincidentally Mondays.

So... Going off this without updating the model, it suggests:

-7's respective Amiibo wave will release on the 25th (confirmed)

-7 will be released on or near the 7th or 14th based on which Amiibo wave it corresponds to. Interestingly enough, character releases are typically the first full week of the month or the last week of the month, suggesting the 7th more based on past precedent.

-7's announcement in late August or early September.

... Why do I suddenly feel betrayed by math?
Decided to dig up one of my old posts and, yep... Ironically the predictive model I made in late July will probably end up right... Early September announcement followed by a mid September release... Kill me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom