• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Someone on resetera made a good point about this being a shadowdrop: since the other releases we know about this year are Mario games, the next mini could be Mario-themed. If that's the case, they'd still have no good place to announce Pikmin, so they're shadowdropping it to tide us over to the next announcement.
So, someone Mario legates like Waluigi or, wait for it...Geno could be announced for Smash alongside the rest of the Mario stuff?

MattX20

Smash Hero
So, someone Mario legates like Waluigi or, wait for it...Geno could be announced for Smash alongside the rest of the Mario stuff?
Correct. A Mario character announced for Smash like Geno would be keeping in with the theme for it.

a random user

Smash Journeyman
Normally I agree that I wouldn't buy a game that has minimal changes that I already own... but clearly you two aren't understanding the importance of the bonus Olimar and Louie missions along with the new Piklopedia.
View attachment 281390

Pikmin fans represent.
mostly because nintiendo failed to properly anounce the new features so i didn't see playable luie/olimar, or the piklopedia

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Looking at Nintendo's stock price right now, in a day it went up 1.5k Yen and depending on how it performs once the Tokyo market reopens, it might continue that same pace. It would seem that August might be the promised month. The shadowdropped Small Battlefield update along with enhanced online gameplay, and this morning's Pikmin 3 Deluxe shadowdrop announcement could be indicators that more big news are on the way, and perhaps investors are on the know of this thus why the stock's suddenly jumping back.
https://www.bloomberg.com/quote/7974:JP

MattX20

Smash Hero
Now, the ultimate question at this point is when our rumored direct will be announced and when it takes place. It's just a matter of time before we know the answer now

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
WOw, Pikman annoucned? "Small" update to Smash? Things are happening. Very good.

It does make me think there could be a more Mario featured Direct/direct mini/Youtube Video/etc. if more games get shadow dropped like this.

I am good with shadow drops, no complaints here. Honestly, if Nintendo Twitter posted "Geno is in Smash" with the render, I am happy. I don't care!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Honestly, I prefer Nintendo doing this. His Royal Majesty, King Zell, says at least two more shadowdrops are coming before the Direct and, dollars to donuts, it's some of the rumors that hit critical mass a long time ago. The Mario remasters and maaaaaaaaaybe the Prime Trilogy are the two I immediately think of. This also means the Directs will overwhelmingly be brand new stuff that has been kept from the public eye so, hopefully more of you believe me now, there's some very good stuff in the near future.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Honestly, I prefer Nintendo doing this. His Royal Majesty, King Zell, says at least two more shadowdrops are coming before the Direct and, dollars to donuts, it's some of the rumors that hit critical mass a long time ago. The Mario remasters and maaaaaaaaaybe the Prime Trilogy are the two I immediately think of. This also means the Directs will overwhelmingly be brand new stuff that has been kept from the public eye so, hopefully more of you believe me now, there's some very good stuff in the near future.
We shall see in the next few days/if not next week at the latest

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I'm not sure whether I really believe any of the information going around that hasn't been officially announced anymore, but I do often appreciate your optimism and theorycrafting. There are enough details and curious empty spots where this alone keeps me interested, and it's been a while since a large information dump has come, so I'm optimistic either way.

HanSoloIndie

Smash Cadet
Basically a famous poster that coincidentally only posts when a Nintendo Direct is a week or less away from happening.
Me waking up to this:
But seriously, the Pikmin 3 Deluxe shadow drop and these heavier hints have to mean something is something is coming to fruition soon! We've got to believe! On the other hand, Smash Ultimate getting more content in 8.1.0 could potentially indicate we could get bonus content in future patches, as technically they could have bundled the Small Battlefield stage in a DLC pack, but for some reason, they didn't. Interesting indeed. But hey, at least the online experience is getting SOME love here.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
I just watched M2Ks thoughts on the Smash Update 8.1.0 and I hadn't realized that with Battlefield (Normal, Small, and Big) and Final Destination now being able to play pretty much the entire Ultimate ost... players can pretty much set their own character themes!!! :eek: Small Battlefield came to change the name of the GAME! :denzel::2gud:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I hope Small Battlefield form becomes a thing for all stages, similar to how you can do Battlefield / FD options for any stage. Small Battlefield is great, but I like the aesthetics of the other stages too =/

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
I mean just based on how the Project DX mod got cease and desist'd by Nintendo Geno and/or Waluigi is almost definitely coming to the game, if not both. I don't see any other reason why they'd take it down when they left some of the other mods that are more popular up.

That'd be nuts if we got both of them in the game but I feel pretty confident (just based on this alone and none of the other evidence) in saying at least one is coming, and that's pretty good odds for Geno TBH

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
dollars to donuts
LUIGI’S MANSION 1 HD CONFIRMED

But joking aside, if there are supposed to be 2 more shadow drops before the next direct, my guesses are Prime Trilogy and 3D World Deluxe. The Mario remaster collection feels monumental enough to be a Direct announcement.

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
I don't think King Zell's comment referred to 2 more shadow-drops before a Direct.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I think we may have gotten confirmation of a Mario Direct next week because of this shadowdrop:
- 3D Collection is coming in September, before Pikmin 3 Deluxe, yet it was not shadow dropped first, meaning that it's tied to something.
- Pikmin 3 DX was shadow dropped, so no signs of a 1st party General in the next few weeks, maybe even until October.
- The 30 days required for Japanese retail run out next week for 9-11 Mario release.
- Add all of the Smash and Nintendo shenanigans with a deadline of next week

To your credit, I think your predictions of Waluigi (Bonus) and Geno (#7) are spot on with the information we have now.

Last edited:

Crankshadow

Smash Cadet
I kinda read zell’s comment like only Xenoblade x and 3d world remain on Wii U. Either outcome is exciting!

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
nononononono Fatmanonice Fatmanonice is supposed to be a dirty liar.....bros you lied to me....
The answer is obvious

Fatman used his evil powers to have Pikmin 3 Deluxe immediately zapped in existence so he can continue doing his favorite pastime of lying to a bunch of forum users to none of his own benefit. Fatman, I cannot believe you smh my head :mad:

Last edited:

EditorMax

Smash Apprentice
I mean just based on how the Project DX mod got cease and desist'd by Nintendo Geno and/or Waluigi is almost definitely coming to the game, if not both. I don't see any other reason why they'd take it down when they left some of the other mods that are more popular up.

That'd be nuts if we got both of them in the game but I feel pretty confident (just based on this alone and none of the other evidence) in saying at least one is coming, and that's pretty good odds for Geno TBH
It’s certainly something that’s giving me confidence- just know that IF it’s because of an impending character and not a costume (or nothing), it’s also just as likely that it’s for Metal Sonic or Shadow who are also part of the mod. This is Smash DLC- anything is possible, even if another Sonic character seems unlikely
I get those seem less likely, but this is Smash DLC- anything

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Out of curiosity, does anyone have any articles or something describing the 30 day Japanese pre-order time > release date guidelines being mentioned? It's not that I don't believe it, I just haven't actually seen it written about anywhere but here and want to know more about it.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Once Geno gets in, it's going to shatter time and everyone's going to merge with their childhood selves, and see things as a child does again. The infinite blue sky, the sunsets laced with nothing but pure excitement for tomorrow, the overwhelming rush of experiencing new emotions for the first time.

I mean, that all sounds cheesy and overly dramatic, but there's something missing, and to have that piece returned is no small matter. Geno is 'just a game character', but he's an important part of the very developmental periods of so many people. There's a reason people look back fondly at media they were exposed to as children, and there's more to it than simply being pleasant childhood memories. If I hadn't played SMRPG, then I wouldn't have had the thoughts that I did back then, and therefore wouldn't have had the chain reaction of all of the thoughts I've had since. I'd literally be a different person, because my mind and heart would've formed around something entirely different as a child, and I would've carried that with me as I grew up and moved into my adult life. For me, Geno really does represent a mindset and worldview that I've all but lost in the modern age. I still devote myself to many of the same things that I did as a child, but the feeling is different, these days. It might be a small piece in the bigger picture of my being, but it's a missing piece regardless.

The thought of being whole again is intoxicating.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Unrelated but, NIGORO (creators of the metroidvania-esque indie hit La-Mulana, and La-Mulana 2) just tweeted out what seems to be La-Mulana 1 & 2 (yes both games together) launching for Switch tomorrow. :eek: This is a HEAVILY slept on indie game. Might actually get this for the sake of La-Mulana 2 (already have the first one on Steam).

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Did anyone else breathe a sigh of relief when Pikmin 3 Deluxe got announced? To me it was almost like “phew, we got that out of the way, now let’s move on to the Mario and Smash stuff”

Also - a fan of the Pikmin series but that trailer was rather poor. Still probably going to buy the game though due to lack of new upcoming software.
Still waiting on those rumored Super Mario 3D World and Metroid Prime Trilogy ports.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Well that certainly came out of nowhere! I'm glad we finally have official confirmation that Pikmin 3 Deluxe is a thing, and it's great we won't have to wait too long to actually play it, god knows the Switch needs something first party right about now. I'm really happy to hear that there's going to be some new content coming to the game. I always figured if it did get re-released they'd just have it consist of the game plus all the DLC, but it's nice to see we'll be getting something new to play around with. I wonder if they'll have any new areas or enemies for these new Prologue and Epilogue adventures? Or maybe we'll be seeing Purple and White Pikmin added to the adventure? Who knows.

The website says there'll be some QoL changes to the game as well. It probably won't be enough to fix my biggest issue with the game (that being it's overbearing linearity), but I'm interested to see how these changes will impact the game.
  • 2-player Co-op is coming to the main game. Finally, I'll be able to play a Pikmin game's single player campaign with someone else without resorting to mods of the older games!
  • Piklopedia is coming to the game. THANK GOD, I love that thing! It's kind of suprising it wasn't already in the game but hey, better late than never.
  • New difficulty modes. One of my biggest issues I had with the game was it's lack of difficulty. Once you've found enough fruits the timer becomes a non-issue. Even when they take away all your fruits that one time, you'll still have enough juice to get you through until you've reclaimed your supply. Enemy encounters were also trivialized thanks to the incredibly overpowered Swarm mechanic. Just target an enemy and press a button to have all your Pikmin to rush them and deal massive damage within seconds. The new difficulty modes, alongside some tweaking to how the targeting and persumably the Swarm mechanic works, will hopefully fix these issues.
Overall, I'm somewhat excited for this game. It's nice to see Pikmin 3 get some love on a more popular console, and who knows? Maybe we could see the first two games get ported or remade for the Switch as well?

Unrelated but, NIGORO (creators of the metroidvania-esque indie hit La-Mulana, and La-Mulana 2) just tweeted out what seems to be La-Mulana 1 & 2 (yes both games together) launching for Switch tomorrow. :eek: This is a HEAVILY slept on indie game. Might actually get this for the sake of La-Mulana 2 (already have the first one on Steam).
La-Mulana is cryptic as hell. You pretty much have to use a guide to figure out how to progress in that game, lest you wish to spend hours upon hours trying to figure it out for yourself.

Supirorguy

Smash Cadet
You have no right to come in here and act like you're better than we. None.
I have every right to say that I've observed toxicity that doesn't need to exist and that people are better than that. Never said I haven't done or won't do the same, or that I'm better than you... but if you're going to get so defensive about it...

MattX20

Smash Hero
Once Geno gets in, it's going to shatter time and everyone's going to merge with their childhood selves, and see things as a child does again. The infinite blue sky, the sunsets laced with nothing but pure excitement for tomorrow, the overwhelming rush of experiencing new emotions for the first time.

I mean, that all sounds cheesy and overly dramatic, but there's something missing, and to have that piece returned is no small matter. Geno is 'just a game character', but he's an important part of the very developmental periods of so many people. There's a reason people look back fondly at media they were exposed to as children, and there's more to it than simply being pleasant childhood memories. If I hadn't played SMRPG, then I wouldn't have had the thoughts that I did back then, and therefore wouldn't have had the chain reaction of all of the thoughts I've had since. I'd literally be a different person, because my mind and heart would've formed around something entirely different as a child, and I would've carried that with me as I grew up and moved into my adult life. For me, Geno really does represent a mindset and worldview that I've all but lost in the modern age. I still devote myself to many of the same things that I did as a child, but the feeling is different, these days. It might be a small piece in the bigger picture of my being, but it's a missing piece regardless.

The thought of being whole again is intoxicating.
Very solid way of putting it

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
They're already out though? They came out back in March or somewhere around then if I'm not mistaken.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Geno costume is (hypothetically) added
99% of Geno fans: "GG, we lost"
spirits deconfirm is broken
A sizable amount of Spirit deconfirmers: "NOOOOO, IT WAS JUST DENTED, NOT BROKEN. HE WAS FORCED TO ADD MIN MIN, HE WOULD'VE ADDED MAX BRASS OTHERWISE. PLEASE STOP MAKING FUN OF ME."

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
I have every right to say that I've observed toxicity that doesn't need to exist and that people are better than that. Never said I haven't done or won't do the same, or that I'm better than you... but if you're going to get so defensive about it...
This is the first time I've seen you, who are you exactly and what business do you have in the Geno thread?
Are you a supporter, speculator, passerby, or dare I say... detractor ?

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
They're already out though? They came out back in March or somewhere around then if I'm not mistaken.
True, but they were added to the Nintendo Switch eshop individually. What the recent tweet seems to imply is that tomorrow they'll be releasing them in a combo (like they did for PS4 and XBOX One).

MattX20

Smash Hero
Geno costume is (hypothetically) added
99% of Geno fans: "GG, we lost"
spirits deconfirm is broken
A sizable amount of Spirit deconfirmers: "NOOOOO, IT WAS JUST DENTED, NOT BROKEN. HE WAS FORCED TO ADD MIN MIN, HE WOULD'VE ADDED MAX BRASS OTHERWISE. PLEASE STOP MAKING FUN OF ME."
I doubt he's going to be a costume again, not after so much after all the things leaning in his favor

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
In a few minutes (or 30-something minutes), a Street Fighter V Season 5 announcement stream will go live on Twitch. Perhaps Nintendo might take a brake from shadowdrops until after that stream...?

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I doubt he's going to be a costume again, not after so much after all the things leaning in his favor
Oh, I wholeheartedly agree, I'm just pointing out that in the Poe's Law situation where that does actually happen, we'd mostly all agree it's a deconfirmation.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
This is a PSA that everyone in this thread is contractually and morally obligated to buy Pikmin 3 Deluxe when it comes out. Why? Because Pikmin is amazing and everyone should play it. Do it now.
View attachment 281387
(Please? It would make me happy if you did.)
Make me. Give me 40 bbuckks.
:(
I just watched M2Ks thoughts on the Smash Update 8.1.0 and I hadn't realized that with Battlefield (Normal, Small, and Big) and Final Destination now being able to play pretty much the entire Ultimate ost... players can pretty much set their own character themes!!! :eek: Small Battlefield came to change the name of the GAME! :denzel::2gud:
now if only you could change the menu music, probably would add to the loading time... but this was GREAT AS WELL.
I remember playing melee in final destination with a portable speaker and a cd of songs. Good times.
----
Pikmin 3 shadow drop.
So is this the promised game from a forgotten franchise?
Doubtful of that. Fmanonice sounded like that mystery game was something more interesting.
Still, very exciting. August seems to bring somewhat unexpected surprises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom