• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, even with Pikmin 3 Deluxe, you guys think a Direct of some kind is still coming?

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
Did he misspell "Directs" or is this "the Direct's [thing]" ? Probably the former.

This would seem to mean that his hint was indeed referring to 2 announcements/Directs. By the way, besides John, Nate also teased 2 things yesterday. We're getting 2 things this month.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
Pikmin 3 Deluxe was just announced.

What is going on in Nintendo??
Nintendo is trying a new marketing strategy. It's called "anti-hype". You simply announce a lavish Direct for any shovelware and nonchalantly shadowdrop anything that would break the internet. The objective is to screw with the fanbase hard enough that they finally just leave you alone.

It's a small update (pun intended), I don't see what's the problem here is exactly, yes we're still waiting for a character reveal, but I appreciate the fact that I can listen to Waluigi Pinball on a stage other Mario circuit (Brawl), and Mario circuit.
I never said it was a problem. I actually like the update. It's just funny to see Sakurai and co drop stuff like this despite all the other radio silence we've had to endure.

Last edited:

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
Don't get me wrong, I actually really like small Battlefield, but this whole situation does feel kind of comical....

Smash Fans: "Give us a reveal! Give us a reveal!"

Sakurai: "Your prayers have been heard, my children. BEHOLD!"

(Out plops Small Battlefield)

Since when did the Smash Bros franchise turn into a giant gacha game?
It's a small update (pun intended), I don't see what's the problem here is exactly, yes we're still waiting for a character reveal, but I appreciate the fact that I can listen to Waluigi Pinball on a stage other Mario circuit (Brawl), and Mario circuit.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Well that is something! I guess now we have to constantly look at the twitter even more.

What's the likelyhood of more shadowdrops this week?

vivala

Smash Journeyman
Notice that Pikmin's coming out in over 2 months, like Paper Mario. This tells me that while Nintendo could theoretically announce the Mario collection for September, they'd rather not announce anything with that short a notice.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo: "There's your first party announcement, now go away."
Unless they go back to the control scheme of the first two Pikmin titles, this one will get a miss like before.

D

Deleted member

I'm still waiting for a Smash update that gets shadow dropped that has a character in it. No announcement or anything, they just snuck a character in there.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Notice that Pikmin's coming out in over 2 months, like Paper Mario. This tells me that while Nintendo could theoretically announce the Mario collection for September, they'd rather not announce anything with that short a notice.
This is a good point

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
I fail to understand this sentiment where we deride Nintendo for not giving us any kind of information for weeks, only for them to finally give us something, and then we deride them for not giving us something the right way. A great game that now has the opportunity to reach a broader audience, with all of the content intact, including additional content to further justify the rerelease. What's so anti-hype about that?

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
So yet another game is shadow announced on Twitter... something that could be direct worthy....
But Bakugan was worthy enough for a showcase reveal.

Even with all the crap going on with and at Nintendo this year, I think we can agree that their PR and Marketing department needs an organizational review.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Pikmin 3 Deluxe was one of the titles thrown around for a good while. Now, just because it was shadowdropped doesn't mean the incoming direct is a Partner Showcase again. There are plenty of other titles they can still use, the Mario 35th anniversary stuff and Bayonetta 3 alone would be enough

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
I'm still waiting for a Smash update that gets shadow dropped that has a character in it. No announcement or anything, they just snuck a character in there.
Only character who can realistically sneak himself in the game without an official announcement:
EdySAVGXkAUuEPL.png

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
This is a PSA that everyone in this thread is contractually and morally obligated to buy Pikmin 3 Deluxe when it comes out. Why? Because Pikmin is amazing and everyone should play it. Do it now.
IMG_20190824_175910.jpg

(Please? It would make me happy if you did.)

Last edited:

vivala

Smash Journeyman
C Tsubasa is saying on Resetera that "Before this month ends, you'll get all the answers you need" so unless Nintendo's managed to pull the wool over his eyes, we still have more to look forward to soon.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
*clears throat*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That’s all, thank you

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
So we are getting 2 Directs this month very very very likely given Zell's 2 comments he just made. (plus the other insiders' hints)

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
Did anyone else breathe a sigh of relief when Pikmin 3 Deluxe got announced? To me it was almost like “phew, we got that out of the way, now let’s move on to the Mario and Smash stuff”

Also - a fan of the Pikmin series but that trailer was rather poor. Still probably going to buy the game though due to lack of new upcoming software.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Out of FREAKIN' nowhere. :eek: It would seem that Nintendo has finally commenced plan "Hindsight is always 20/20". :2gud:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
So, we got a surprise announcement of Pikmin 3 Deluxe. Another point for Zippo's credibility. I'm kinda disappointed we didn't get a new Pikmin game instead, but I'll take what I can get. Pikmin 3 is a good game and it sounds great to play it again on my Switch!

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
So, we got a surprise announcement of Pikmin 3 Deluxe. Another point for Zippo's credibility. I'm kinda disappointed we didn't get a new Pikmin game instead, but I'll take what I can get. Pikmin 3 is a good game and it sounds great to play it again on my Switch!
Pikmin 4 is likely going to come to the Switch at some point. It’s been in development for a long, long time. I think the idea here is to hook new fans into the series with Pikmin 3 Deluxe, and then release 4. But who knows...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Right, because he was the only one talking about Pikmin 3
That's not the point. The point is that I've repeatedly told people that sometimes rumors take a long time to pan out and people instead decided to be piss babies because they failed the Marshmallow Test and unironically were enraged when stuff didn't pan out within months or even weeks of me mentioning them.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
YEEEES FINALLY PIKMIN 3 ON SWITCH. It would have been nice to get the first two in HD as well, but I’ll happily take it!

So, where is Pikmin 4 then?

vivala

Smash Journeyman
Someone on resetera made a good point about this being a shadowdrop: since the other releases we know about this year are Mario games, the next mini could be Mario-themed. If that's the case, they'd still have no good place to announce Pikmin, so they're shadowdropping it to tide us over to the next announcement.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
jokes on you, i played it on wii ui
Same. For the record, I loved Pikmin 3 but I see no reason to buy a second version of the same game.
Normally I agree that I wouldn't buy a game that has minimal changes that I already own... but clearly you two aren't understanding the importance of the bonus Olimar and Louie missions along with the new Piklopedia.
D9xv28lXUAADSQV.jpeg

Pikmin fans represent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom