• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luigi's animations are in the files.
View attachment 280112
L IS REAL!!! THE LUIGI MODEL HAS BEEN DUMPED!!!

Yo, wtf, this is AWESOME!

No joke, my friends probably gonna cry tears of joy if he sees this. He's got an insane fascination with SM64s beta and basically gave up hope seeing what Luigi looked like. I can't wait to show him.

As for me though, I'm waiting to see some beta Bowser stuff in Smash 64. Sakurai said he was worked on at some point, and I thought we'd never see the results, but its actually looking like a real possibility now.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It seems Skelux is working on a ROM of the leaked SM64 stuff:

QQS

Smash Lord
Maybe Geno was planned for Mario 64 but then Gaz recovered and kidnapped the doll 2 decades

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
2 Player Mario 64 on switch when? (jkjk, I wish. What if they add extra features?)

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
3D Mario games will be just ports(which is good also of course) or HD remakes? What do you think?

MrMemeGod

Smash Rookie
Just finished my 3rd 100% playthrough of Super Mario RPG.

I have to say, the ending is one of the greatest (if not THE greatest) endings ever. It's so satisfying and bittersweet, it never feels stale, and it always gives me the same powerful emotions all over again. Not just that, but every single story is closed off beautifully in the epilogue of sorts. Every character having the same amount of care and love put into them. Truly compact with everything they show you in such a short time. Yet it's not rushed at all somehow.

It is without a doubt my favorite game and believe me when I say it's criminally underated for the masterpiece it'll always be.

I can't even imagine how i'll feel when Geno is announced for smash. One things for sure though, it will be one of the best additions to the roster ever.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Hold up a second.
lisrealscreen2.jpg

This star statue has been the cause of many rumors circulating around Luigi being in Mario 64 because of the sign supposedly reading "L is Real 2401". People have always thought the 2401 was supposed to mean something.

20200725_235025.png

Super Mario 64 released in Japan on June 23, 1996.

20200725_235048.png

June 23, 1996 was 24 years and 1 month ago.

IMG_20200725_232949.jpg

24 years and 1 month later, Super Mario 64's entire source codes leaks, revealing an official render of Luigi, as well as animations and voice clips.

HOLY F*** I KNEW THAT DAMN STAR STATUE WOULDN'T LET ME DOWN! L REALLY WAS REAL 2401!!!

QQS

Smash Lord
it will be one of the best additions to the roster ever.
Totally, the best indeed. Together with Mega Man, Sonic and Banjo-Kazooie for me. But I would say definitely Geno because the 24 years gap-revival + the “impossible” being possible stuff. On this last point, it’s even greater than the barrier Cloud and Banjo broke in. I hope I explained myself clear with my English.

Hold up a second.
View attachment 280168

This star statue has been the cause of many rumors circulating around Luigi being in Mario 64 because of the sign supposedly reading "L is Real 2401". People have always thought the 2401 was supposed to mean something.

View attachment 280169

Super Mario 64 released in Japan on June 23, 1996.

View attachment 280171

June 23, 1996 was 24 years and 1 month ago.

View attachment 280172

24 years and 1 month later, Super Mario 64's entire source codes leaks, revealing an official render of Luigi, as well as animations and voice clips.

HOLY F*** I KNEW THAT DAMN STAR STATUE WOULDN'T LET ME DOWN! L REALLY WAS REAL 2401!!!
Relevant tweet.

https://twitter.com/SwankyBoxYT/status/1287143001333084161

I don't think we could have asked for a better and more appropriate ending to the L is Real saga.

Last edited by a moderator:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
So I've been busy remodeling a house and having bad luck with it thus far, so I haven't been able to comment much about things until now and even now I'll be on my way to drop off some construction at a landfill so this is just a precursor.

Some of you may remember the old OLD ForsakenM who just wanted to talk about Smash speculation and was a nice guy, but I'd be much more willing to believe that most of you remember that old ForsakenM who is sassy and has unpopular opinions based in truth who is still nice but doesn't show it as much because of the atmosphere in this thread.

Well I'm happy to report that my sassy self is still alive and well, and I feel it's about time we have a discussion about Nintendo fans, the Smash portion of that fanbase, and patience.

You guys may remember my highly unpopular rant in which I mentioned how irritated I was with the Smash fanbase because of that stupid Smash 4 Battlefield tweet Sakurai made and the stupid speculation behind it and how when it meant nothing, the fans went after Sakurai like it was his fault. This will be in a similar vain, but this is more about Kelios and leakers we can trust.

The Nintendo fanbase has this tendency to act like a spoiled child when it comes to Nintendo news: They get themselves excited for what Grandpa Nintendo could be getting for them, get impatient and throw minor tantrums about having to wait for Grandpa Nintendo to visit them, and when Grandpa Nintendo finally DOES visit and provides various degrees of okay to really awesome presents...they throw an even bigger fit because they didn't get what they thought they should and they lash out at Mom, Dad, their siblings who were waiting more patiently for Grandpa Nintendo, Grandpa Nintendo himself and sometimes even the mailman and a random neighbor jogging down the street.

Now, what if in this scenario one of the siblings heard Mom on the phone talking to Grandpa Nintendo and caught a little bit of what gifts he was going to bring but didn't hear it all and then proceeded to share that with their other siblings, and then Grandpa Nintendo didn't quite give what they said? Then that spoiled sibling lashes out at the older one who gave them information and then they say "Oh yeah! Well fine, I'm not telling you what I hear anymore!"?

This is the exact situation we have been finding ourselves in this past year with leakers and Nintendo.

The first thing I want to say is that I'm still 100% against policing people's hype. Anyone who shares 'Hype Responsibly' stuff irritates me because the idea of hype is being more excited than you would if you were forcing yourself to be calm. Hype in and of itself is about getting excited enough to where you aren't really worried about maintaining composure. Thus, one cannot just simply 'Hype Responsibly'. However, I unfortunately understand why you all say this, and it's because of this next issue: self-control and personal responsibility.

See, we live in a culture now in the US in which no one wants to take personal responsibility for their own actions. It's much easier to blame someone else and lash out than to accept your own failure. In this case, Nintendo fans are doing this with leakers: these fans hype themselves up SO much and then inevitably they get disappointed, and then they blame anyone they can. Sometimes it's Nintendo, but recently it's been leakers who have done nothing but try to close the gap in information. It doesn't matter whether you are Kelios who does nothing but tell you dates and times or other leakers we have who are talking about potential game announcements: facts are facts, and the fact is that all these people are doing is trying to give fans what they want when Nintendo is slipping. Your disappointment has nothing to do with what they said, that was all on you and your emotions, so own up to it and stop biting the hand that feeds us leaks.

Lastly, and I see it everywhere in the Nintendo fandom, but no one really understands how much information Nintendo actually gives us when compared to competitors. There was a time in which Nintendo single-handedly gave us the most information out of any video game company back before Sony and Microsoft starting making their own versions of Directs, but even now we get more from Nintendo than others. Most companies you only get two shots: E3 and a single self-delivered presentation, barring new console introductions. Nintendo normally gives us three Directs in a year, which already beats out the competition, but that doesn't include stuff like detailed gameplay breakdowns like with Animal Crossing and most recently Origami King, and we've also been getting Mr. Sakurai Presents and even though it may not have all been good stuff we got many TPC Presents when we normally only get one or two.

Nintendo has more dedication to giving us news than most other companies in the same field and yet you hear nothing but complaints, which is mostly to do with current 'Give me more, give it now' culture in the US but also because us fans just keep wanting more because mostly Nintendo hits that spot for us and we just want more of that Nintendo goodness.

People need to breathe and realize that just because what YOU wanted didn't get announced doesn't mean nothing got announced. Be disappointed for sure, but don't act like Nintendo failed to deliver just because BOTW2 hasn't been shown yet when they delivered Waluigi's first game. True entitlement is thinking you deserve something just because when you truly do not, and none of us are entitled to getting exactly what we want from Nintendo whenever they give us news.

That said, I really how these short bursts of announcements become a thing so that people can feel like they are getting more info more regularly even if Nintendo spoils us with that already.

Last edited:

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
3D Mario games will be just ports(which is good also of course) or HD remakes? What do you think?
They will be HD ports, for Super Mario 64 think something similar to Doom 64, Turok or Banjo games (XBLA versions), among other HD N64 ports. Sunshine and Galaxy will likely be similar to their Dolphin (Gamecube/Wii emulator) counterparts. Of course, they will re-tool the controls, I hope with Sunshine, they also include motion controls. Maybe, they will update 64 and Sunshine to run at 60 fps (original releases run at capped 30 fps).

In addition, for Super Mario 64, don't expect to have DS version extra content.

Tempered your expectations with this collection and you will be surprised. ;);)

vivala

Smash Journeyman
With this, I think 64 Luigi will go down as one of the most legendary figures in gaming history. His story is damn near supernatural. He was left, incomplete, and broken into pieces in a realm beyond anyone's access. His existence was essentially kept alive by the imagination of schoolchildren - through rumors told first on playgrounds and then on the internet by those who remembered him. And while the rumors seemed as false as they were childish, they were what kept people invested in him, what drove people to keep digging. Finally, when his scattered pieces were found, it was the love of those rumors that drove us to rebuild him. And, almost as if the universe was vindicating our use of childish rumors, a key element of that legend, 2401, became an almost prophetic component of his revival.

This is one of those stories we'll be telling for decades.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
With this, I think 64 Luigi will go down as one of the most legendary figures in gaming history. His story is damn near supernatural. He was left, incomplete, and broken into pieces in a realm beyond anyone's access. His existence was essentially kept alive by the imagination of schoolchildren - through rumors told first on playgrounds and then on the internet by those who remembered him. And while the rumors seemed as false as they were childish, they were what kept people invested in him, what drove people to keep digging. Finally, when his scattered pieces were found, it was the love of those rumors that drove us to rebuild him. And, almost as if the universe was vindicating our use of childish rumors, a key element of that legend, 2401, became an almost prophetic component of his revival.

This is one of those stories we'll be telling for decades.
The real personalized copies of Mario 64 were inside us all along

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
Remember when this thread was about wanting Geno in Smash and not SM64 prototypes?
Largely, the discussion has been in relation to Mario 64, the franchise of which is tangentially related to the character we want. We also have a pedigree of somewhere to the tune of 3090 pages of Geno discussion. Little breaks like this won't hurt, considering we occasionally dip into talking about other DLC characters not-Mario-related, as their chances may even coincide/link up with Geno's.

The girth of this thread generally speaks for itself, I think.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
I mean, in fairness, I cannot say we've really, uh... let's see...

We've never really touched on.. the type of, uh... wood.. varnish...? Yeah. Yeah, the wood varnish used on Geno's puppet body.

So, er, what say you guys? Are we talking Watco, or Americana Decor, here? :4pacman:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I mean, in fairness, I cannot say we've really, uh... let's see...

We've never really touched on.. the type of, uh... wood.. varnish...? Yeah. Yeah, the wood varnish used on Geno's puppet body.

So, er, what say you guys? Are we talking Watco, or Americana Decor, here? :4pacman:
Cannot believe I actually took time to look into it...Danish oil or Beeswax.

Last edited:

MrMemeGod

Smash Rookie
Had some random ideas for a polished geno victory animation (similar to joker)

What if like piranha plants victory calls in mario to get chomped.

That geno's calls Mario, Bowser, and Peach to all do their battle victory animations that they used in Mario RPG? Along with Geno's nod.

Furthermore on this, what if when you beat cloud as Geno, you get the final fantasy victory rendition you get in Mario RPG after beating (a certain secret boss) in Monstro Town?

Seems quite a lot but it's just fun to speculate just how polished he could end up being. (Like how jokers victory is exactly like it is in Persona 5) I just wonder if Geno might have something like that.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
Thats’ right. Let’s get back on topic with Geno.

When there is a Direct going to reveal in seconds, what do you do? Refreshing SmashBoards and Twitter; or just enjoy the Direct until it finishes? I always see them without cellphone, always on the PC without Social Media until it finishes.

I remember after the E3 2019, after Hero reveal, that Sakurai tweeted “wait, there is more...”. Of course I didn’t see that cause I don’t check social media during Directs.

When Geno gets revealed I wanna see and feel it for the first time as always. Mega Man took my heart. Banjo kind of the same. But Geno will teleport to my 6 years old and I don’t wanna miss that emotion.

vivala

Smash Journeyman
Thats’ right. Let’s get back on topic with Geno.

When there is a Direct going to reveal in seconds, what do you do? Refreshing SmashBoards and Twitter; or just enjoy the Direct until it finishes? I always see them without cellphone, always on the PC without Social Media until it finishes.

I remember after the E3 2019, after Hero reveal, that Sakurai tweeted “wait, there is more...”. Of course I didn’t see that cause I don’t check social media during Directs.

When Geno gets revealed I wanna see and feel it for the first time as always. Mega Man took my heart. Banjo kind of the same. But Geno will teleport to my 6 years old and I don’t wanna miss that emotion.
I generally watch for trailers I'm super into, and then if there's something I'm not really feeling I browse Twitter to see what people are saying so far.

D

Deleted member

Man so much stuff has been uncovered recently. Luigi is real!

On a side note I'm really hoping for some more uncovering of Earthbound 64.

And yeah, honestly, I think we're getting a smash reveal either on Monday or the Monday after, and I'm pretty confident that it'll be Geno.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Nintendo's corporate overheads now be like: We'll announce **** when we are ready.

Nintendo Employee: We got bad news!

Nintendo's Corporate Management: What is it?

Nintendo Employee: SNES and N64 source codes and beta content are being dumped by the minute!

Nintendo's Corporate Management: QUICK!!! WE GOT TO ANNOUNCED **** NOW TO DETRACT THEIR ATTENTION AWAY!!!

Shadow Star DX

Smash Cadet
I mean, "L is real" is cool and all, but when will G be real? My inner TerminalMontage wants to believe there's a hidden prophecy within the Smash games up till now, that predicts Geno's return in Ultimate, and Sakurai has been masterminding it all along.

All this talk of essentially creating a webcomic or even more exciting an indie game inspired by SMRPG is awesome. We should definitely spitball some ideas on this. How can we make a Geno-esque character without directly ripping him off? What kind of villains will we see and how does Gepetto use them and what inspires him to defy this 'higher authority"? What other kinds of party members would we see? What would the world look like and how can we make it feel whole and full of significance? Can we use terminology to our advantage like how words like "determination" or abbreviations like "LV" have their own significance in Undertale? How does the party go about conquering this evil force? Let's get crazy with this.
Going back to this topic again, all this talk of a fanmade RPG is really getting my mind running with ideas. Like I mentioned before, I really like the idea of following SMRPG's premise with there being a "Mortal World" the heroes live in and a "Celestial Realm" that acts an unseen, higher authority with a supernatural/omnipotent influence to protect and/or assist the "Mortal World" in various ways (Gonna use "Mortal Realm" and "Celestial Realm" as placeholders until they get a proper name).

I think the first thing we would need establish to move this idea forward, is an overall theme for the "Mortal World" in question; something to give it an identity. Toby Fox built Deltarune solely on the premise of making a world themed around playing cards and board games, so it can be something as simple as that. Unfortunately I'm drawing a blank on what we could do in that regard, but maybe someone else has some ideas?

The only thing I can think of at the moment, is an idea for the main character. I figure we could pay homage to Mario being a plumber, by making the main character a mechanic of sorts, so he can use hammers, wrenches and screwdrivers as his default weapons. His tools could even function as puzzle-solving mechanics in the overworld.

Anyway, my apologies for rambling on. If anyone is getting bothered by me pushing this topic, I'll stop, since I know it's not entirely Geno related. If there's a better place for this to be discussed, please direct me and anyone who is interested to said place. Otherwise, please feel free in pitching ideas to this topic. We might actually come up with a good concept here.

TangyKeys

Smash Cadet
Hi Geno supporters!
Just dropping by because I want to support my most wanteds here,
While I didn't play SMRPG back then, and didn't know who Geno was, I have confidence that he'll get a spot in Smash based on evidence alone! (and a certain leak, of course.)

Oh yeah, I also made this for supporters of the CacoMallow leak:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I mean, "L is real" is cool and all, but when will G be real? My inner TerminalMontage wants to believe there's a hidden prophecy within the Smash games up till now, that predicts Geno's return in Ultimate, and Sakurai has been masterminding it all along.

Going back to this topic again, all this talk of a fanmade RPG is really getting my mind running with ideas. Like I mentioned before, I really like the idea of following SMRPG's premise with there being a "Mortal World" the heroes live in and a "Celestial Realm" that acts an unseen, higher authority with a supernatural/omnipotent influence to protect and/or assist the "Mortal World" in various ways (Gonna use "Mortal Realm" and "Celestial Realm" as placeholders until they get a proper name).

I think the first thing we would need establish to move this idea forward, is an overall theme for the "Mortal World" in question; something to give it an identity. Toby Fox built Deltarune solely on the premise of making a world themed around playing cards and board games, so it can be something as simple as that. Unfortunately I'm drawing a blank on what we could do in that regard, but maybe someone else has some ideas?

The only thing I can think of at the moment, is an idea for the main character. I figure we could pay homage to Mario being a plumber, by making the main character a mechanic of sorts, so he can use hammers, wrenches and screwdrivers as his default weapons. His tools could even function as puzzle-solving mechanics in the overworld.

Anyway, my apologies for rambling on. If anyone is getting bothered by me pushing this topic, I'll stop, since I know it's not entirely Geno related. If there's a better place for this to be discussed, please direct me and anyone who is interested to said place. Otherwise, please feel free in pitching ideas to this topic. We might actually come up with a good concept here.
If we are talking about when the prophecy of G started, then we would have to go all the way back to Melee since that was when Peach and Bowser were added. Guess where Peach's frying pan came from? SMRPG. Guess where Bowser's claw swipe move came from? SMRPG. Sakurai was preparing for Geno's arrival in Smash since Melee.

QQS

Smash Lord
I hope someone has said to Sakurai that this thread is over 3.000 pages and all the Fan Art on Social Media that exists about Geno

Griselda

Smash Lord
I hope Geno gets revealed/leaked soon. I'm just sitting here like:
decision meme.png

Excuse the quality, I did this with my right (off) hand and no tablet.

Shadow Star DX

Smash Cadet
Quick addendum to this idea: If we want to give the MC a sibling like Luigi, I'd love for him to have sister who is a mad scientist. She can use chemical reactions and gadgets as a means of "spellcasting". I can see her having a fasination with our "Geno" character, him being a possessed doll/puppet that runs on magic and otherworldly components she can't understand.

Darn it, I'm so tempted to design these characters. I have to wonder what kind of species we could make them, since they don't necessarily have to be human. They could be just as bizarre as the characters we've seen in the Mario universe.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Quick addendum to this idea: If we want to give the MC a sibling like Luigi, I'd love for him to have sister who is a mad scientist. She can use chemical reactions and gadgets as a means of "spellcasting". I can see her having a fasination with our "Geno" character, him being a possessed doll/puppet that runs on magic and otherworldly components she can't understand.

Darn it, I'm so tempted to design these characters. I have to wonder what kind of species we could make them, since they don't necessarily have to be human. They could be just as bizarre as the characters we've seen in the Mario universe.
I'd be interested in seeing any ideas you come up with. I'm not sure about species, myself - foxes or bears, maybe? That'd set them apart even further from Mario and Luigi, and could play into a toybox sort of theme, with "Geno" taking the role of a doll, they could represent stuffed animals. Though it'd just be a theme, they'd still be fleshy.

I'm thinking about how to 'un-Geno' Geno, while still having him be the same sort of character. A different color scheme would be a good start. Maybe actual hair instead of a hat with ribbons.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Good MOOOOOOOOOOOORNING, Geno Thread! I just wanted to take this time to remind you all that it's 3:12AM on 7/26! That means we are One (1) day away from possibly getting Geno - Yes, THE Geno from The Super Mario: Role Playing Game Video Game - Confirmed for Super Smash Brothers: Special! (Some people call it ultimate, for some reason) In anticipation of a midnight announcement, be sure to lend your energy to our thread spirit bomb, so that Lord Sakurai can hear us! Also, realize that this is all to be taken with a grain of salt and that im just talking about this for fun! If you liked this post, be sure to leave a comment bellow and hit that bell icon for notifications! :colorful:

:smileye:

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Seems like August is gonna be packed: Heart of Deimos for Warframe, Nintendo announcements (including FP7), and Hajimari No Kiseki coming out

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Ugh. The newcomer spec thread is STILL saying Geno has no chance...STILL! After K. Rool AND Banjo!

Why can't people just wish us luck?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom