• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Personally, I'm feeling decent about this week simply because Square is having a big ass sale, it's been almost two weeks since the "New" off Min Min disappeared, about a week since the Smash YouTube playlist updated, and people won't shut the **** about Geno so the timing feels right for either this Monday or next. Hey guys, watch this... I'm going to do this CRAZY thing called BEING OPTIMISTIC and not be pants-filling afraid of being WRONG or, worse, DISAPPOINTED about the end result. Can't wait to go on another rent free spree in the coming days. See y'all inside your own heads!

200 (1).gif

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I can't wait to hear Sakurai pronounce "♥♪!?".
Sakurai: 'I was all set to add Geno, but then I realized that I can't say his real name. So I removed him from the roster and added Summer Time Festive 1920s Mobster Marth as his replacement.'

Griselda

Smash Lord
I've said it again and again that I might leave once Geno gets in, and I know just recently I said I was considering sticking around just to be a member of the Geno community, because it's a nice feeling. But I'm also considering staying in at least some capacity just because I remembered this dumb comment someone made about how "If the stupid doll gets in, Fatmanonice will lose relevance and the cult will dissolve because there's nothing really holding them together".

MattX20

Smash Hero
Personally, I'm feeling decent about this week simply because Square is having a big ass sale, it's been almost two weeks since the "New" off Min Min disappeared, about a week since the Smash YouTube playlist updated, and people won't shut the **** about Geno so the timing feels right for either this Monday or next. Hey guys, watch this... I'm going to do this CRAZY thing called BEING OPTIMISTIC and not be pants-filling afraid of being WRONG or, worse, DISAPPOINTED about the end result. Can't wait to go on another rent free spree in the coming days. See y'all inside your own heads!

View attachment 280097
That, and they need to reinvigorate confidence with their investors so a mini direct that's longer than 8 minutes would be good for them

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
The board is like therapy for the emotional rollercoaster, it's not a cult.
If you have to go, it's not like you can't come back and check in :D
so don't feel obligated to announce you "might" leave.

Monokarhu

Smash Cadet
If we're not going to get an actual Nintendo Store NY reaction, we'll just have to make our own.

Naigumi

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty confident we're going to get something this week or the next one.
The last weeks pretty much had a lot of buzz related to Geno so i think now it's finally his time!
In other words, this cursed edit i made a few days ago

Griselda

Smash Lord
Maybe it's just some sort of defense instinct. I tend to change my mind about which online communities I'm a part of - and even here, after a certain incident happened I basically told everyone to forget about me and I went dormant for a while, remember? And even when I came back I posted sort of sparingly. I've only begun to talk regularly at this point because we're in the endgame of course I'm gonna be here with all of you. I've just had iffy experiences with it in the past. Once, I got upset with a group and deleted my account, then thought about it for a while and reconsidered. I came back and was like, "You know what, I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking clearly and maybe you guys aren't so-" but then they just went "Ugh, I hate your type. All you want is attention".

So I guess I just feel the need to say in advance that I can't promise I'll be here or not be here, and so on.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
If Geno does get revealed soon, I am still not leaving this thread anytime soon. I plan on posting some montages of me playing as Geno for you all to see, if Geno gets in of course.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
*Challenger Pack 7 has been revealed to be Geno on the latest (hypothetical) Nintendo Direct, along with Challenger Pack 8. Right after the Direct, the Mr. Sakurai Presents - Geno presentation starts.*

Sakurai: "Hello fellow Geno bros. Kept you waiting didn't I?"

Geno fans: "?!?!" *expressions of surprise*

Sakurai: "That's right, Geno has finally made it to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. After many many years of fans requesting the characters inclusion, it is finally time. Sorry Geno haters but rightfully so, GBTFO."

Geno fans: "YOOOOOO!!!!" *Pop-offs and pogchamp emojis ensue*
Geno detractors: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" *Keyboards are smashed, some screens are shattered, gamecube controllers thrown down, and some detractors begin to foam at the mouth*

Sakurai: "Now, time to see this character in action!" *Sakurai proceeds to showoff his pro-gamer strats*

vivala

Smash Journeyman
I kinda want him to open his mouth, and the first few notes of Beware the Forest's Mushrooms comes out. He continues speaking as normal.
I tend to interpret unpronounceable names as some variant on the Lavos scream, so all I can imagine is Sakurai on his couch, saying "This is Geno, but his real name is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfb_n7wjb5k"

View attachment 280097
"Wow guys, did you hear? Fatman guaranteed to his culty Genbros that they won't be disappointed!" :ultpacman:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Maybe it's just some sort of defense instinct. I tend to change my mind about which online communities I'm a part of - and even here, after a certain incident happened I basically told everyone to forget about me and I went dormant for a while, remember? And even when I came back I posted sort of sparingly. I've only begun to talk regularly at this point because we're in the endgame of course I'm gonna be here with all of you. I've just had iffy experiences with it in the past. Once, I got upset with a group and deleted my account, then thought about it for a while and reconsidered. I came back and was like, "You know what, I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking clearly and maybe you guys aren't so-" but then they just went "Ugh, I hate your type. All you want is attention".

So I guess I just feel the need to say in advance that I can't promise I'll be here or not be here, and so on.
Hey no worries. Speculation can be stressful at times and a break from is not unwarranted. I needed a good one after the 6 months leading up to E3 last year.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Okay, I don't want to alarm you guys, but apparently the source codes for SM64, OOT and Majora's Mask has been leaked.
And apparently there's files for SM64's Spaceworld demo.
Everyone in The Preservation Project discord is freaking out right now.

Last edited:

vivala

Smash Journeyman
If we're not going to get an actual Nintendo Store NY reaction, we'll just have to make our own.

Can you post the Geno Commits a War Crime splash screen on its own as well? I feel like that'll be useful in the future.

...wow that's something I never thought I'd say.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Okay, I don't want to alarm you guys, but apparently the source codes for SM64, OOT and Majora's Mask has been leaked.
Eventually, leakers will be seen as the official Nintendo news outlet while Nintendo will be dismissed as some upstart looking for e-cred.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Between the next two days or next week, I've a hard time believing we will see nothing before the investor meeting.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Reaching critical mass ....

QQS

Smash Lord
I always say I will stop speculation when Geno gets added playable, which is happening between the next weeks IMO. But that doesn’t mean I will exit this thread cause Geno, Smash, Zelda, Mega Man and a few more, are part of my hobbies and it’s nice to share this passion, mostly with Geno and Smash, with people worldwide.

I will stay here but just stop dying for the next characters, just will like to be surprised. But of course I have others I would like to see like Skull Lid, Zero from MMX and Knuckles. About this last one, of course Tails and Eggman are the only likely.

Geno playable ends the long fan demand and speculation for most of us; but starts another chapter. Could love to trade Switch codes later, who wanna defeat my Toon Link & Mega Man? Hahaha :D

MattX20

Smash Hero
Whether or not there's any leaks regarding the Super Mario RPG beta remain to be seen.

vivala

Smash Journeyman
"Bart, I don't want to alarm you, but there might be a source code leak or source code leaks from Nintendo right now!"
"Mama mia!"
bart.jpg

Last edited:

Monokarhu

Smash Cadet
Can you post the Geno Commits a War Crime splash screen on its own as well? I feel like that'll be useful in the future.

...wow that's something I never thought I'd say.
It's a bit lacking, but here you go:

Here's the base too, in case you want to create your own:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
*Nintendo's Twitter whenever fans start hoping for an actual Direct
IMG_20200718_204955.png

(Gosh I really want an actual Direct with Fighter #7 and some new 1st party games, but my hope is low right now. Like my expectations for Nintendo aren't even high, I just want a new Smash character and a few game announcements. Let's hope that investor meeting that's coming actually signifies Nintendo will show off some things soon.)

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Holy **** lads!
ConfirmedBetaAssets.png

For context, this is one of the main guys behind The Restoration Project for Super Mario 64's Shoshinkai '95 Demo.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The inner N64 fan boy in me is tingling in joy right now. I really hope they find Earthbound 64 and Ura Zelda in that huge file.

Luigi's animations are in the files.
View attachment 280112
L IS REAL!!! CACOMALLOW IS REAL!!!

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I always say I will stop speculation when Geno gets added playable, which is happening between the next weeks IMO. But that doesn’t mean I will exit this thread cause Geno, Smash, Zelda, Mega Man and a few more, are part of my hobbies and it’s nice to share this passion, mostly with Geno and Smash, with people worldwide.

I will stay here but just stop dying for the next characters, just will like to be surprised. But of course I have others I would like to see like Skull Lid, Zero from MMX and Knuckles. About this last one, of course Tails and Eggman are the only likely.

Geno playable ends the long fan demand and speculation for most of us; but starts another chapter. Could love to trade Switch codes later, who wanna defeat my Toon Link & Mega Man? Hahaha :D
Definitely this. After having the tires metaphorically blow out at the finish line the last two games, it would be nice to just casually watch the end of this game without worrying about our guy getting in. (Also, with Ultimate probably being the last Smash game for a long, long time, waiting for the final characters is going to be a fresh hell for a lot of fanbases, especially if we really are only getting four more after 7.)

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
There is a reason for this, everybody was freaking out when the super mario 64 database got leaked

pinshadow

Smash Lord
There is a reason for this, everybody was freaking out when the super mario 64 database got leaked
Mario 64 never leaked, why do people keep pushing this? That was a decompilation of the source code, not an actual leak. THIS is the real deal.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Definitely this. After having the tires metaphorically blow out at the finish line the last two games, it would be nice to just casually watch the end of this game without worrying about our guy getting in. (Also, with Ultimate probably being the last Smash game for a long, long time, waiting for the final characters is going to be a fresh hell for a lot of fanbases, especially if we really are only getting four more after 7.)
I think at one point it was said that if any character that had a noteworthy fanbase since Brawl would be more likely to happen than not, and Geno's the last major character left apart from Isaac who was AT'd.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
If Nintendo isn't planning on showing anything in the next two weeks, I hope these big leaks are enough to get them to change their mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom