• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Here's a thought that has been circulating around my head. This may be unlikely, but do you think we could be in for a Mini every week of the summer where they slowly announce their E3 line-up? I honestly think this could be possible since we just had a Partner's Showcase and they are probably trying to get their big third-party games out of the way before discussing Nintendo's first party games. With COVID, I'm sure Nintendo has a change of schedule with everything and having a Mini every week instead of one big Direct may be what they might go for.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Here's a thought that has been circulating around my head. This may be unlikely, but do you think we could be in for a Mini every week of the summer where they slowly announce their E3 line-up? I honestly think this could be possible since we just had a Partner's Showcase and they are probably trying to get their big third-party games out of the way before discussing Nintendo's first party games. With COVID, I'm sure Nintendo has a change of schedule with everything and having a Mini every week instead of one big Direct may be what they might go for.
Of course it is possible. At the moment though, with Nintendo's ... mood ... they don't seem keen on talking about much.

I am still hoping for something before their investor meeting, I just hope Nintendo will stop being Nintendo and give us a glimpse on what they are going to do ... or were planning on showing at E3.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Nintendo's new ad campaign will be having their employees hide out on the street and when a certain varying number of people pass them by, they pop out and scream 'Nintendo Direct!'

Then the lawsuits come.

GodzillaGuy64

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo's new ad campaign will be having their employees hide out on the street and when a certain varying number of people pass them by, they pop out and scream 'Nintendo Direct!'

Then the lawsuits come.
I’d actually prefer this than the shadowdrop s**t they’re doing now. Hell, they’re not even doing THAT now at all.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
To add to the "shadowdrop" hints, our gal's tweeting about rumblings being afoot.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Nothing is certain yet however, let us remember that Nintendo has an investors meeting coming up on August 6th, which gives them only next week and the start of the first week of August to appease investors' concerns over what the Company has in store for the rest of the year (in terms of first party IPs). In addition to that, with the XBOX Showcase already out of the way (and Sony's having been much earlier with the reveal of the PS5 and some of its games), this gives way to Nintendo finally being able to take the "E3" spotlight. Again, in recent past years Nintendo presented after both Microsoft and Sony were done with their presentations. Let's hope Nintendo is now ready to seal the deal. It's do or die.

T2by4

Smash Lord
So with the NES games being leaked, do you think they'll announce them in a mini direct on monday? My concern is that they rerelease SMRPG and it doesn't tie in with a reveal trailer for Geno. Just a bit concerned about that.
1594933200227.png

D

Deleted member

So with the NES games being leaked, do you think they'll announce them in a mini direct on monday? My concern is that they rerelease SMRPG and it doesn't tie in with a reveal trailer for Geno. Just a bit concerned about that.
View attachment 280076
You mean the source codes of some games being leaked? I don't think it relates to any of the games coming soon, more that it was just an uncovering of something we didn't have before, so I wouldn't be too worried about that.

Last edited by a moderator:

vivala

Smash Journeyman
To add to the "shadowdrop" hints, our gal's tweeting about rumblings being afoot.

Nothing is certain yet however, let us remember that Nintendo has an investors meeting coming up on August 6th, which gives them only next week and the start of the first week of August to appease investors' concerns over what the Company has in store for the rest of the year (in terms of first party IPs). In addition to that, with the XBOX Showcase already out of the way (and Sony's having been much earlier with the reveal of the PS5 and some of its games), this gives way to Nintendo finally being able to take the "E3" spotlight. Again, in recent past years Nintendo presented after both Microsoft and Sony were done with their presentations. Let's hope Nintendo is now ready to seal the deal. It's do or die.
Man, I want to get hype about her tweets, but half her hints are just a picture of Koizumi with "Soon" and no other context for god knows how long until a direct is eventually announced. Even if she has legit information, she's frustratingly vague.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Man, I want to get hype about her tweets, but half her hints are just a picture of Koizumi with "Soon" and no other context for god knows how long until a direct is eventually announced. Even if she has legit information, she's frustratingly vague.
Insiders will be more vague now after the whole debacle with that Nano Direct last week, ESPECIALLY after people were jerks and went after Kelios.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569

With how god awfully disappointing that Mini Direct was a couple days ago, I seriously hope we are in for a big Direct this time. All I want to know are what games are coming from Nintendo. I want a reason to still be playing my Switch in 2020. If their is another Direct coming soon, PLEASE BE GOOD.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
The thing I find interesting about these "hints" is that Imran hasn't been the only one frequently bringing up Geno for Smash as of recently. If this was just Imran making jokes, then I wouldn't bat an eye at this stuff. But since other gaming insiders like Jeff Grubb and GameXplain have been heavily talking about Geno for Smash, it makes me open my eyes a little bit.

I would still take these tweets with a grain of salt until one of these guys REALLY hints at Geno, but it is still something I found interesting.
It is odd. I don't follow these sorts of things at all though. Is this an isolated incident? Have insiders ever been so coy and all hinting at the same characters who have been extremely relevant in speculation? If not I really believe this could mean something, but it definitely doesn't sell me on Geno being in (mostly because I'm already on the Geno is 100% in Smash boat).

All this talk of essentially creating a webcomic or even more exciting an indie game inspired by SMRPG is awesome. We should definitely spitball some ideas on this. How can we make a Geno-esque character without directly ripping him off? What kind of villains will we see and how does Gepetto use them and what inspires him to defy this 'higher authority"? What other kinds of party members would we see? What would the world look like and how can we make it feel whole and full of significance? Can we use terminology to our advantage like how words like "determination" or abbreviations like "LV" have their own significance in Undertale? How does the party go about conquering this evil force? Let's get crazy with this.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
That was a source code leak that didn't have anything to do with games coming to the eshop.

Naigumi

Smash Cadet
At this point, if they shadowdrop a 1 minute Direct with a low quality JPEG of Mario eating spaghetti saying "Geno is coming to Smash and the Mario Collection is coming soon!" i would be happy already. I know, Cadence and Shin Megami Tensei are cool announcements but that last Direct Mini just left everybody confused.

I'm sure Nintendo is mad about the leaks, but i don't think it will affect anything. It's a bunch of source code from old games, unused assets, all that stuff. This is all gold imo but it shouldn't change what they have planned for this year (if they have something)

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
At this point, if they shadowdrop a 1 minute Direct with a low quality JPEG of Mario eating spaghetti saying "Geno is coming to Smash and the Mario Collection is coming soon!" i would be happy already. I know, Cadence and Shin Megami Tensei are cool announcements but that last Direct Mini just left everybody confused.
Agreed. Candence and SMT should have been on a real direct... Especially the SMT stuff

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
It is odd. I don't follow these sorts of things at all though. Is this an isolated incident? Have insiders ever been so coy and all hinting at the same characters who have been extremely relevant in speculation? If not I really believe this could mean something, but it definitely doesn't sell me on Geno being in (mostly because I'm already on the Geno is 100% in Smash boat).
I would say so. Shinobi's Banjo smashing good time post was very cryptic. Most people thought he was just joking about that post until come a week after and we get the reveal of Banjo. Vergeben has also been very coy sometimes when it comes to hinting at things. All he did once was post two gifs of Terry performing some moves a few days before the reveal. Of course, everyone knew what he was referring too, but it was still coy and not totally obvious at first glance.

I personally feel like making jokes like this could be a way of hinting at a character. Insiders have "joked" about certain things happening in games that actually turned out to be a reality. Of course, they could just be joking to have fun and they may legitimately not know who CP7 is, but with how many insiders that have been joking about Geno lately, especially now when we have the mountain full of evidence in his favor, then I'm starting to beg to differ. Obviously, Geno isn't 100% in until he is revealed, or at the very least, an insider WORD FOR WORD says Geno is in, but until now, this could be something that could HEAVILY be in his favor of getting included.

Griselda

Smash Lord
All this talk of essentially creating a webcomic or even more exciting an indie game inspired by SMRPG is awesome. We should definitely spitball some ideas on this. How can we make a Geno-esque character without directly ripping him off? What kind of villains will we see and how does Gepetto use them and what inspires him to defy this 'higher authority"? What other kinds of party members would we see? What would the world look like and how can we make it feel whole and full of significance? Can we use terminology to our advantage like how words like "determination" or abbreviations like "LV" have their own significance in Undertale? How does the party go about conquering this evil force? Let's get crazy with this.
Geppetto already has a couple of his own 'party members' which were designed by Shadow Star DX, so if we're looking at Geppetto as the main villain, then those would form his upper elite, like Count Bleck had his group. In the SMRPG-based story, Geppetto becomes annoyed with granting wishes for people, feeling that they're undeserving if they're too weak to stand on their own without assistance from the Star Road, so by stripping away the Mario elements, we've still got an angel or other celestial being who's grown tired of providing divine intervention (and perhaps the whole celestial realm's workings in general), so he descends to the world below to seek out allies and resources to turn against the celestial realm, acquiring a sword-wielding doll as his vessel. This alone could justify the weapon-themed bosses and enemies, I think.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
So Detective Pikachu leaker is saying that shadow dropping is still our best friend?
Shadow dropped mini direct incoming? https://twitter.com/Newmarkomaro/status/1287009713037758467
Markomaro takes public info and presents it as insider info.
Most of the public info is wrong anyways and this can be proven by just bad his track record has been and how he got called out by NateDrake.
(Direct Feed is NateDrake)

The guy isn't credible and I think we should stop paying attention to him.

MattX20

Smash Hero
We've got two scheduled maintenance days before the investor's meeting. Chances are the next Direct and possibly the reveal for FP7 will be on one of the two

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
With how god awfully disappointing that Mini Direct was a couple days ago, I seriously hope we are in for a big Direct this time. All I want to know are what games are coming from Nintendo. I want a reason to still be playing my Switch in 2020. If their is another Direct coming soon, PLEASE BE GOOD.
I don’t know, I see you online on your Switch most of the time! You’re always up to something on there! (Thanks for adding me by the way)

Paraster

Smash Lord

I think a good way to make a Not-Geno unique would be to have a spirit possess a different sort of doll or toy. Maybe a miniature dragon? Or a LEGO-esque set of pieces they could use to shift into different shapes? Maybe some weird thing a kid made themself?

StarLight42

Smash Lord

axel_

Smash Journeyman
We've already established that we're likely getting "something" on the 27th and 3rd but nobody knows exactly what.
If I had to guess...

7/27 - A second partner showcase with NMH3, Doom Eternal port, and Bravely Default 2 release dates

8/3 - The actual Direct Mini with less filler and more new stuff, including the Mario 3D game ports, Geno FP7 reveal, and more of BotW 2

Last edited:

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
We've already established that we're likely getting "something" on the 27th and 3rd but nobody knows exactly what.
Well,stick to your guns. Didn't you guess that a couple of mini directs would be coming instead of a single big one?

Paraster

Smash Lord
If I had to guess...

7/27 - A second partner showcase with NMH3, Doom Eternal port, and Bravely Default 2 release dates

8/3 - The actual Direct Mini with less filler and more new stuff, including the Mario 3D game ports, Geno FP7 reveal, and more of BotW 2
Considering that the first Partner Showcase was labeled as "July 2020" and not the full date, I doubt we'll see another one of them until August at least.

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
Considering that the first Partner Showcase was labeled as "July 2020" and not the full date, I doubt we'll see another one of them until August at least.
This is why I'm hoping the general is on Monday while the second Partner one is the following week.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This is why I'm hoping the general is on Monday while the second Partner one is the following week.
This might honestly happen because, like me and a billion other people have been teasing since literally February 2019, there are supposed to be at least three major Microsoft/Nintendo announcements incoming this year and I guess a partner showcase would suit that well enough.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Something on the 27th, huh?

That would be a good birthday present, but I won't hold my breath.

Let's see if there's something then or not.

:bowser:.

Shadow Star DX

Smash Cadet
All this talk of essentially creating a webcomic or even more exciting an indie game inspired by SMRPG is awesome. We should definitely spitball some ideas on this. How can we make a Geno-esque character without directly ripping him off?
If we created a Geno-esque character, I would have no shame in actually ripping off Geno. The whole point would be to stick it to Nintendo and say "Oh, you don't want to use this awesome idea of a possessed doll with weapons built into it? Okay, we'll just take that idea and do what you won't". It would basically be like what Mighty No.9/Beck is to Megaman, but, you know, it won't suck. We want it to be an obvious recreation of Geno, but with a new spin... and maybe pants.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
2C1E5FDD-5066-41BF-8AE1-146519671BE8.jpeg

Geno still sleeping not knowing he must wake up soon to Joins the Battle. I’m sorry buddy but you took a long 24 years nap and ♥♪!? needs your body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom