• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think at one point it was said that if any character that had a noteworthy fanbase since Brawl would be more likely to happen than not, and Geno's the last major character left apart from Isaac who was AT'd.
Don't forget Krystal and Bomberman because they were juggernauts in Brawl speculation along with Geno, Mega Man, Ridley, Isaac, and later on K. Rool. It's not over until we get Geno, Isaac, Krystal, and Bomberman then we can say it's the end of a era.

QQS

Smash Lord
Don't forget Krystal and Bomberman because they were juggernauts in Brawl speculation along with Geno, Mega Man, Ridley, Isaac, and later on K. Rool. It's not over until we get Geno, Isaac, Krystal, and Bomberman then we can say it's the end of a era.
Bomberman would be an amazing icon also. I used to play as him back when I was a kid with my friends. Too many history on him also. Not on my wishing list but if happens, would surprise me a lot in a good way. Cool character

22E39A70-3199-4BB7-BE89-0502AA0F3659.jpeg

MisterMike

Smash Champion
LIconTexture.png
unknown.png
LuigiSM64Textures.png
1595714706921.png
1595715016368.jpg
1595715063148.png

Unused Luigi textures found, as well as 1P and 2P icons, an unused painting, the SM64 globe, and textures.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
About a day and an hour left for the Tokyo Stock Exchange to reopen (since July 22nd). Important to observe how Nintendo's stock price fares once the market opens. Something curious to note is that, besides what industry insiders may tweet in regards to game news or plans that are yet to be officially announce, another sign to look at is the behavior of a gaming company's stock price. In the case of Nintendo, the stock price has been decreasing since July 7th (the most notable decrease having been between the 7th and 8th). However, if upon the market opening and say, throughout that day there is a sudden considerable increase of the stock price, something's afoot. Factors that are attributed to increases in a stock price increase include primarily the sound and favorable performance of the Company's operations (meeting investor and overall stakeholder expectations and Company goals), as well as (and here's the kicker) favorable speculations in regards to the Company's near future (rumors of positive announcements such as potential upcoming new products, successful trade deals, etc.).

Thank you all for coming to this short Finance TED Talk. :seuss:

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Bomberman would be an amazing icon also. I used to play as him back when I was a kid with my friends. Too many history on him also. Not on my wishing list but if happens, would surprise me a lot in a good way. Cool character

View attachment 280119
If he hadn't been "AT'd" right upon the game's announcement, you know I'd definitely have been supporting him all the way.

Also, all the current prototype stuff is really interesting! I'm pretty surprised how much it is.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Posting more of the leaks here, for those interested.
EdzcOizWsAAvVq0.png
EdzetLkXYAAfNfY.png
EdzetLiXYAMi5tN.png
EdzetL8WAAUg3gT.png
EdzetMgXkAYmEVQ.png
EdzfOuhWoAEWqDA.png

EdzfOvbXYAE7wVQ.png
EdzfOwTXYAEZITm.png
LuigisFace.png
1595716214193.png

Last edited:

vivala

Smash Journeyman
They've also found uncompressed voice files for "Do a barrel roll!" and "So long gay ey Bowser!" You can find them pretty easily by searching the lines on twitter.

Today is excellent.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
I can't even begin to describe how mind blowing these betas are. Luigi was real all along!?!?!?! I CAN'T EVEN BEGIN TO NOT EVEN

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976

View attachment 280119
Me and my bro got super BUMMED when Bomberman and Isaac were ATéd and Goemon was Mii Costume´d.
Also, man, those old games source code leaks are very interesting. SMRPG is probably not there, because that´s a Square game.

vivala

Smash Journeyman
Me and my bro got super BUMMED when Bomberman and Isaac were ATéd and Goemon was Mii Costume´d.
Also, man, those old games source code leaks are very interesting. SMRPG is probably not there, because that´s a Square game.
I thought SMRPG was confirmed yesterday? Though I think it was just source code and no beta stuff.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
View attachment 280120View attachment 280121View attachment 280122View attachment 280123View attachment 280124View attachment 280125
Unused Luigi textures found, as well as 1P and 2P icons, an unused painting, the SM64 globe, and textures.
I can't believe this stuff is getting leaked and dumped online. Today is like something out of a dream.

I least Goemon is acknowledged by receiving a Mii costume. Never in million years did I think Goemon would appear in Smash especially as something like a Mii costume. I cried in tears of joy when I saw that Goemon costume.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Speaking of the leaks, have the SNES roms actually leaked for the public? I tried to find the DK ones but I couldn't.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Actually i have heard they found out a Prototype of Super Castlevania 4, with slightly different music and instrumentation, so maybe there's hope?

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Now imagine that the Smash 64 beta (after it was made into the Nintendo character version) gets leaked and dataminers find data concerning Geno.

Then all hell breaks loose.

QQS

Smash Lord
I hope we get some official news about Smash, Zelda, Mario, DK, Metroid, Kirby and everything Nintendo soon. Mostly, GENO FOR SMASH. Can’t wait for his reveal. I could wait even more to download the fighter but please god reveal #7 and #8. Geno and Crash to hype the world.

Also, for the Mega Man lovers like me, here are some news about the upcoming Mega Man MOVIE. Hope it’s a good one and they don’t ruin it. You can make such a good movie with Mega Man material like Classic saga and X saga. Hope one day the continue also with X9. I’ve read that Capcom is working on another Mega Man so I believe it’s X9.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Now imagine that the Smash 64 beta (after it was made into the Nintendo character version) gets leaked and dataminers find data concerning Geno.

Then all hell breaks loose.
Actually, we know that Marth, Mewtwo, Bowser and Dedede were ALL planned for Smash 64 but got scrapped. Marth and Mewtwo never got past the planning stages, but i remember reading Bowser and Dedede beign in an earlier build of Smash 64..........

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Is it just me that just got an add for the Fighters to pass on Youtube? I were watching an Alphard on my computer and the start add kicked in and I saw an add for the FP then... Were unable to take a pic on it because my phone where dead

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Guys let's take our schedules:
-Friday: SNES
-Saturday: N64
-Sunday: Gamecube
-Monday: Wii
-Tuesday: WiiU
-Wesneday: Switch (They will leak renders of CP7 and 8)
-Thrusday: Prototype of the next console for 2024

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
L IS REAL!!! THE LUIGI MODEL HAS BEEN DUMPED!!!

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
L IS REAL!!! THE LUIGI MODEL HAS BEEN DUMPED!!!

Hasn´t it been sort of well known for a while that Super Mario 64 was at first meant to be a 2 player game?

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
I've said it again and again that I might leave once Geno gets in, and I know just recently I said I was considering sticking around just to be a member of the Geno community, because it's a nice feeling. But I'm also considering staying in at least some capacity just because I remembered this dumb comment someone made about how "If the stupid doll gets in, Fatmanonice will lose relevance and the cult will dissolve because there's nothing really holding them together".
Hey, I just met you...and this is crazy...but Geno's coming...stay with us, maybe! OmO:

QQS

Smash Lord
I believe in more shadow drops of Nintendo but I don’t believe that a Smash Character could
be revealed that way. I hope that even on a Direct on Mini, Smash DLC gets proper announcements with dates before the showcase.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I believe in more shadow drops of Nintendo but I don’t believe that a Smash Character could
be revealed that way. I hope that even on a Direct on Mini, Smash DLC gets proper announcements with dates before the showcase.
They'll probably do so regardless at this point.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
See that's my whole thing, stuff doesn't add up.
  • Nintendo would never shadowdrop a Smash character announcement without warning, they know how big it is
  • The new tag being removed implies some kind of reveal soon
  • But the new amiibo point towards a September release, so they aren't doing a Sakurai presents anytime soon
  • General Directs also seem out of the picture, otherwise why would they be doing these partner presentations instead of just putting that stuff in a normal direct
So where do they reveal the character then? It implies some kind of first-party showcase happening soon but that still doesn't explain why they split everything up at all. And if the 3D Mario Collection is releasing in September, they have to announce it SOON. Is that going to be a shadowdrop? Maybe, but when? All the merch surrounding the 35th anniversary (Lego Mario and the Lego NES, Monopoly, Jenga, the gaming chairs) is launching on August 1st, so maybe this upcoming week? But what about whatever else is coming this year? The partner directs being a monthly thing imply there's no major direct planned at all right now, so are they just going to shadowdrop literally every game they have over the next month or two? Why? They felt the need to announce this partner showcase at 12AM, and announce the Bakugan thing ahead of time, so clearly they know people aren't exactly fans of shadowdropping announcements.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
See that's my whole thing, stuff doesn't add up.
  • Nintendo would never shadowdrop a Smash character announcement without warning, they know how big it is
  • The new tag being removed implies some kind of reveal soon
  • But the new amiibo point towards a September release, so they aren't doing a Sakurai presents anytime soon
  • General Directs also seem out of the picture, otherwise why would they be doing these partner presentations instead of just putting that stuff in a normal direct
So where do they reveal the character then? It implies some kind of first-party showcase happening soon but that still doesn't explain why they split everything up at all. And if the 3D Mario Collection is releasing in September, they have to announce it SOON. Is that going to be a shadowdrop? Maybe, but when? All the merch surrounding the 35th anniversary (Lego Mario and the Lego NES, Monopoly, Jenga, the gaming chairs) is launching on August 1st, so maybe this upcoming week? But what about whatever else is coming this year? The partner directs being a monthly thing imply there's no major direct planned at all right now, so are they just going to shadowdrop literally every game they have over the next month or two? Why? They felt the need to announce this partner showcase at 12AM, and announce the Bakugan thing ahead of time, so clearly they know people aren't exactly fans of shadowdropping announcements.
They did technically shadow dropped the news about Arms character being next concidering the March mini came out of nowhere, so it's not in the realm of impossibility. Granted, that was just "this franchise gets a rep, bye", but it was still a shadow dropped reveal. Granted, that's a way they could continue depending on what franchises are getting another rep which I seriously hope they won´t....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom