• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
We think they're playing chess when really they can't open the packaging of a game of UNO.
Nintendo trying to do a playing card magic trick when the person picked put the Jack of Diamonds.

'Is THIS your card!?' -Dramatic posing-

Except Nintendo is holding up a Hallmark 'Congrats on the New House' greeting card.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
It's not cause of the seven stars thing though. It has everything thing to do with many rumors supporting Geno being fairly time sensitive, as most of those are.
Truth be told. Do I think Geno has a big chance to get into this pass? Absolutely. Am I as sure as the rest of you are? Not really. These leaks could just be similar to the "Bethesda leak"... I´m not saying that Geno will be a costume, but it could be that instead of 7 or 8, he ends up being 9 or 10 but people have just heard about him earlier than expected (Like Fatman did with the Bethesda content). Do you get what I´m saying?

Just saying, I'm not trying to treat them like they know 100% for sure who CP7 is, but they WERE like the only ones predicting a Fire Emblem: Three Houses rep for CP5 and that turned out accurate. Hopefully they have some sort of information on who CP7 is.
I predicted a Three House rep as the last fighter back at EVO last year. Does that make me a leaker?

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I suppose when the Direct mini occurs on Monday, I'll have to keep my fingers crossed. The FP7 reveal is going to be a big deal no matter what

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
Just got through skipping around in the Gamexplain predictions video... And they're saying that they don't think we'll get the next character here, just a hint at most, and Jon specifically said he doesn't think we're getting any more characters AT ALL for the rest of the year.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just got through skipping around in the Gamexplain predictions video... And they're saying that they don't think we'll get the next character here, just a hint at most, and Jon specifically said he doesn't think we're getting any more characters AT ALL for the rest of the year.
That is just speculation. Unless they truly did know, I would not believe it.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Ha Ha wouldn't be funny if they did the whole ARMS thing again because of this beign a Mini Direct?
"We are announcing a new TALES rep! we will not tell you who though until September!"

Ha ha...........ha......

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
That's a terrible line of thinking to have. Nintendo would be greatly angering their third party partners if they didn't reveal and release any more fighters beyond Min Min this year. It's an absurd idea to even consider that

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Truth be told. Do I think Geno has a big chance to get into this pass? Absolutely. Am I as sure as the rest of you are? Not really. These leaks could just be similar to the "Bethesda leak"... I´m not saying that Geno will be a costume, but it could be that instead of 7 or 8, he ends up being 9 or 10 but people have just heard about him earlier than expected (Like Fatman did with the Bethesda content). Do you get what I´m saying?

I predicted a Three House rep as the last fighter back at EVO last year
Like does it really matter what order Geno is? What is it that makes you think that he isn't or can't be one of the next two fighters? Is it because you think he isn't E3 material? Because if Palutena is than he certainly is.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Ha Ha wouldn't be funny if they did the whole ARMS thing again because of this beign a Mini Direct?
"We are announcing a new TALES rep! we will not tell you who though until September!"

Ha ha...........ha......
I know this post of yours might not be serious, but I must add that they needed more time in the ARMS character back then, which is why they only left a hint. It shouldn’t have to be the case this time around.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So Fatman, I've heard people been saying that Sakurai said the FP2 fighters are our last newcomers for Ultimate and FP2 is the end of the long hard working road that they started all the way back during the beginning of Smash 4's development in 2012 all the way to 2021. Any thoughts if true?
Season 2 is definitely the end but it's a weird situation that hopefully we'll get answers to this week. It's like last year and how people knew there was going to be more DLC beyond the Fighter's Pass but people couldn't describe it because not enough information was out there.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Like I said, there is no way the 3rd parties involved with the pass would allow Nintendo to hold off reveals of their characters and wait for all 5 for next year. It's so ridiculously absurd to even think Nintendo would want to kill the Fighter Pass off entirely like that. They make mistakes, but that would be financial suicide to even consider it

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Season 2 is definitely the end but it's a weird situation that hopefully we'll get answers to this week. It's like last year and how people knew there was going to be more DLC beyond the Fighter's Pass but people couldn't describe it because not enough information was out there.
So do you think Dixie, Waluigi, Sora, or a Retro rep all still have a chance? I could see them being in FP2 if we are not getting bonuses especially Waluigi. I agree with you that we are getting an Assist Trophy promotion near the end of this game's DLC cycle and I can't picture it being anybody but Waluigi.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Like I said, there is no way the 3rd parties involved with the pass would allow Nintendo to hold off reveals of their characters and wait for all 5 for next year. It's so ridiculously absurd to even think Nintendo would want to kill the Fighter Pass off entirely like that. They make mistakes, but that would be financial suicide to even consider it
Maybe this could be an indication that this Pass is more First Party focused?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So do you think Dixie, Waluigi, Sora, or a Retro rep all still have a chance? I could see them being in FP2 if we are not getting bonuses especially Waluigi. I agree with you that we are getting an Assist Trophy promotion near the end of this game's DLC cycle and I can't picture it being anybody but Waluigi.
At this point I've kind of dropped Sora just because the evidence of the hypothetical four being all first or second party has increased a decent amount. I think the four characters are going to either celebrate upcoming anniversaries or major games. Along with Dixie, I'm now putting more stock in a Kirby/HAL character because not only because of HAL's 40th anniversary but, like I showed the other day, there's been rumblings of a major Kirby project since last September that have picked up steam recently and it makes me wonder if we're approaching hearing about it soon, especially since Kirby games usually have two years of development time at most so the Kirby project landing sometime next Spring wouldn't surprise me.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
At this point I've kind of dropped Sora just because the evidence of the hypothetical four being all first or second party has increased a decent amount. I think the four characters are going to either celebrate upcoming anniversaries or major games. Along with Dixie, I'm now putting more stock in a Kirby/HAL character because not only because of HAL's 40th anniversary but, like I showed the other day, there's been rumblings of a major Kirby project since last September that have picked up steam recently and it makes me wonder if we're approaching hearing about it soon, especially since Kirby games usually have two years of development time at most so the Kirby project landing sometime next Spring wouldn't surprise me.
Omg! Dixie, Bandana Dee, and Geno all in the Pass. Can you imagine guys? My head would explode in excitement.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Just.
End.
This.
Year.
Already.

GOD!

There is literally nothing, from important life things to minor side things like gaming, that has been good news this year.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Just.
End.
This.
Year.
Already.

GOD!

There is literally nothing, from important life things to minor side things like gaming, that has been good news this year.
Again, this is baseless speculation. There's always been a Smash DLC character released around the same time as the amiibo releases. Don't panic

D

Deleted member

More DLC characters were announced last September. January revealed 6 fighters in a pass. They work on multiple characters at a time. How could they just go for a whole year only announcing Min Min and not Fighter 7 and 8? Why would they want that? That makes no sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Omg! Dixie, Bandana Dee, and Geno all in the Pass. Can you imagine guys? My head would explode in excitement.
I'm going to be honest. I don't know about Bandana Dee. The situation is that, if I'm not a total moron, these hypothetical bonus characters would be "semi-clones" of other characters. That's where things kind of get interesting. For example, Diddy to Dixie is pretty easy to imagine and why I've embraced the idea. For a hypothetical Kirby character, it seems to be implied that they would be based on Kirby himself. Kind of like the Amiibo thing I mentioned the other day, Mario, DK, Mother, Kid Icarus, and "Retro" are the biggest categories that strangely haven't had rereleases yet. Under this hypothesis, a third Mother character would be yet another semi clone of Ness and Kid Icarus would be based on Palutena. As I keep saying, it's a weird situation that hopefully gets straighten out soon.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I'm going to be honest. I don't know about Bandana Dee. The situation is that, if I'm not a total moron, these hypothetical bonus characters would be "semi-clones" of other characters. That's where things kind of get interesting. For example, Diddy to Dixie is pretty easy to imagine and why I've embraced the idea. For a hypothetical Kirby character, it seems to be implied that they would be based on Kirby himself. Kind of like the Amiibo thing I mentioned the other day, Mario, DK, Mother, Kid Icarus, and "Retro" are the biggest categories that strangely haven't had rereleases yet. Under this hypothesis, a third Mother character would be yet another semi clone of Ness and Kid Icarus would be based on Palutena. As I keep saying, it's a weird situation that hopefully gets straighten out soon.
Well Meta Knight has his share of in-game derivatives, so it could be Galacta Knight, Dark Meta Knight or even Swordsman Dark Matter if it‘s all clones.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So let me get this straight:

Mario: Waluigi (Unique fighter)

DK: Dixie Kong (Semi-clone)

Mother: Ninten (Semi-clone)

Kid Icarus: Medusa (Semi-clone)

Retro: Lolo & Lala or ect, ect (Unique fighter)

I would be SUPER happy with that. I get Dixie and Medusa and my friend @Zack 2 get's Ninten.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, but I hope that's the case.

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Give

Me

Geigue

From

Mewtwo

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
R RetrogamerMax The weird thing about Waluigi is that Waluigi could be a semi clone of Luigi... Who is a semi clone of Mario... And that would perfectly fit into his character. Waluigi is literally a shadow of a shadow, an inverse of an inverse. Sakurai has already explained that he's done this in the past with characters like Wolf and Isabelle and built them off their counterparts but gave them different hit boxes, animations, etc.

Also, so that people are on the same page as my inane mumblings, I'm referring to this from a month ago:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-2883#post-23991167

My current theory is that if we're getting "bonus semi-clones" they will be based on these characters that for one reason or another haven't had their Amiibo rereleased yet.

7NATOR

Smash Master
R RetrogamerMax The weird thing about Waluigi is that Waluigi could be a semi clone of Luigi... Who is a semi clone of Mario... And that would perfectly fit into his character. Waluigi is literally a shadow of a shadow, an inverse of an inverse. Sakurai has already explained that he's done this in the past with characters like Wolf and Isabelle and built them off their counterparts but gave them different hit boxes, animations, etc.

Also, so that people are on the same page as my inane mumblings, I'm referring to this from a month ago:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-2883#post-23991167

My current theory is that if we're getting "bonus semi-clones" they will be based on these characters that for one reason or another haven't had their Amiibo rereleased yet.
Did that Corrin Amiibo ever Re-Release with Byleth, Cause I'm not sure

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

Smash Flash 2 did such a perfect moveset for Waluigi that took inverted traits from Luigi

He's even slidier than Luigi
His missile attack can be curved and he gets suck by his nose if he hits a wall
His Up B has the sweetspot at the top of the jump instead of right at the start

And they came up with original concepts to round-out his moveset such as his neutral B being throwing Mario Party dice, or an up-air that actually spikes and a down-smash that throws you straight up

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

If so, I think at the least a tennis racquet should be in his moveset since he uses in his Assist Trophy and Mario Tennis was his first appearance. The tennis racquet should appear in his moveset whether he is unique or a semi-clone.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Again, this is baseless speculation. There's always been a Smash DLC character released around the same time as the amiibo releases. Don't panic
I've already reverted to catabolism, starting with my toaster!

But in seriousness, naturally if this DID happened, its not the end of the world and in the grand scheme of things its unimportant and merely a blip, move on. BUT, it would just be another aspect of bad news that 2020 has trademarked this year. Even something as unimportant as a video game character still had to get bad news on it. This is why small things not working out pisses people off the most: its suppose to be a temporary distraction from the real issues and life, so it gets discouraging when even the small things have a 'Yea........but.... ' Why after a bad day of real things, you are ready to set the vending machine on fire because it ate your dollar when you tried to get your favorite candy. You are even denied a moment of goodness from something THAT insignificant. This is why people are getting annoyed at Nintendo this year.

Getting stopped at the third red light in a row? Annoying but whatever.
Getting stopped at the 27th red light in a row? Now you want to chop down the traffic light.

Can anything just be cut and dry good news?

Sorry for the ramblings.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Screenshot_20200718-085404_Akinator.jpg

So what's the the consensus, the announcement will be tomorrow right? They usually do direct announcements a day prior.

Also challenged Akinator, dude's good. Managed to figure out it was Geno in 20 questions

Firox

Smash Master
I'm wondering if Nintendo even actually exists anymore.
Plot twist: Sony secretly bought Nintendo at the beginning of 2020 and left them propped up as a shell company to make themselves look better. Meanwhile, Sakurai can't figure out why his corporate email is asking him to put Nathan Drake in Smash.

JayZoob

Smash Rookie
I feel like everyone forgets about the fact they removed the "new" from Min Min. It is entirely possible that they have no pattern for removing it, but I truly do think it is evidence enough to show we are getting a full on reveal soon and not just a tease. It is easy to get super doom and gloom about this stuff especially this year, but it never hurts to get a little excited. I think most people are just speculating. If I'm wrong then oh well life moves on

We got this!

MattX20

Smash Hero
View attachment 279033

So what's the the consensus, the announcement will be tomorrow right? They usually do direct announcements a day prior.

Also challenged Akinator, dude's good. Managed to figure out it was Geno in 20 questions
If it's a mini Direct like many are speculating, it'll be shadowdropped Monday morning just like the last one in March. If anything, we shall find out for sure on Monday

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Plot twist: Sony secretly bought Nintendo at the beginning of 2020 and left them propped up as a shell company to make themselves look better. Meanwhile, Sakurai can't figure out why his corporate email is asking him to put Nathan Drake in Smash.
So basically a repeat of Microsoft buying Rare and letting them starve?

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Like does it really matter what order Geno is? What is it that makes you think that he isn't or can't be one of the next two fighters? Is it because you think he isn't E3 material? Because if Palutena is than he certainly is.
I don't think he can't. All I'm saying is that the rumors could be right, but the timing that could be off. Like I said. Fatman knew of Bethesda material pre-Byleth only to arrive with Min-min. Geno could be next, but can also be like The Vault Boy (but as a charachter)

Hell, PapaGenos knew about Banjo pre release and Hero were also "known" pre release.

But no it doesn't matter when he is. Thats what I have tried to say the entire time. He could be last for what we know

Last edited:

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
Serious question, from a technical/gameplay perspective: Is there any way to do a 'premium' Mallow costume without him looking incredibly off?
Maybe yes if they put Mallow with the Froggie Stick (what actually make sense since this is an emotional weapon to him connected to this lore) over Mii Swordfighter. This could work similarly to the Jaystring's Brawl mod that puts him over Meta Knight, that can be seen here:
https://smashboards.com/threads/jaystrings-mod-thread.420519/post-20688964

Here you can see him using the stick to do some Meta Knight's sword moves. It's not that bad and considering that Mii Swordfighter are much slower than Meta Knights, it would looks even better:
https://youtu.be/a7_OF8IaYlw?t=191

Also, it would be nice to have a premium costume for Mii Swordfighter.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Maybe yes if they put Mallow with the Froggie Stick (what actually make sense since this is an emotional weapon to him connected to this lore) over Mii Swordfighter. This could work similarly to the Jaystring's Brawl mod that puts him over Meta Knight, that can be seen here:
https://smashboards.com/threads/jaystrings-mod-thread.420519/post-20688964

Here you can see him using the stick to do some Meta Knight's sword moves. It's not that bad and considering that Mii Swordfighter are much slower than Meta Knights, it would looks even better:
https://youtu.be/a7_OF8IaYlw?t=191

Also, it would be nice to have a premium costume for Mii Swordfighter.
The problem is they don't share the same skeleton. A Mallow premium Mii Fighter would look awkward or bulky. The hat is unfortnately his best bet

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice
Dropping Sora would be understandable. Having them all first/second party would give them flexibility, market their own properties and advertise upcoming game releases. Plus, if they were to be released as a “bonus” or not having them affiliated with a 3rd pass, they honestly wouldn’t need everything that came along with purchasing a pass (Stage, Music, Spirits), it would be just the characters by themselves, which honestly has been in the back of my mind for a while.

Just with that frame of mind, I could see it being Waluigi, Dixie, Rex & Pyra(Unless theyre 3rd party, I don’t remember...) and Bandanna Dee (personally I would replace one of them with a BotW2 character given how Sakurai has been bringing up BotW2).

But with the unreleased amiibos, I can kinda see how your thought process has been. With Lolo, you kinda kill two birds with one stone by having both a Kirby and Retro character in one...

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
I just discussed on twitter about what was said in the gamexplain video and everyone agrees that what Jon said does not make sense and that quite possibly if we see a revelation but they gave me an idea. What if we have a character but no gameplay like Terry or Joker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom