• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sorry to hear your loss man. My condolences.
I'm sorry to hear about your Uncle. My condolences to you and your family
First of all R RetrogamerMax I'm so sorry for your loss. Best wishes to you and your family. If you need to talk feel free to PM I will always respond as quick as I can.
Alright, first and foremost. R RetrogamerMax my condolences to you and your family during this time.
Sorry that I am late to respond, but I am also sorry for your loss. May he rest in peace.
I'm so sorry. Condolences, love, thoughts and prayers to you, your family and loved ones.
R RetrogamerMax I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, buddy. My lines are always open if you need an ear. ♡
So I'm about a day late replying, but I'm sorry to hear that. We're here for you, man. Wishing the best for you and your family
Thank you guys.

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
Not quite sure how I feel about this one, but eh, better to just drop it now rather than on like.. 3020.
Vegeno meme.png

QQS

Smash Lord
Happy 3.000 pages,

Hope to see Geno Joining ultimately to the Party in the next few days! My faith is ALL IN on him.

GENO LANDS ULTIMATELY!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Like, I think there is no way Nintendo doesn't know about this giant *** Geno community of ours' on Smashboards. Someone at Nintendo has to be watching this thread right now.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Oh wow! Over 3,000 pages! That's awesome! Great job Geno thread!:bobomb:
20191226_140409.jpg

Congratulations on the thread's huge milestone my Genobros and gals! Seems like just yesterday I entered this thread last summer and began to vocalize my support! You guys getting this milestone is well deserved as a testament to your guys' long-standing dedication! You guys keep going, I think the end is in your sights!

Oh also, Geno thread, this seemed fitting...
IMG_20191215_081901.jpg

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Is it wrong that I would like BOTH Mallow and Geno as playable characters?
No not at all. Mallow would be a cool character as well, and even though I would personally prefer Geno, Mallow could be a unique addition as well.

On a realistic note, Geno will probably always be more likely then Mallow, but I'm sure if Geno gets included, Mallow will get some sort of representation, like a Mii Outfit and cameos in Geno's stage, taunts and victory poses

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Like, I think there is no way Nintendo doesn't know about this giant *** Geno community of ours' on Smashboards. Someone at Nintendo has to be watching this thread right now.
Everytime someone mentions a Direct, Nintendo pushes it back by 1 month.

'So please, look forward to seeing character 7 in our next Direct, to air on March 31, 9567!'

QQS

Smash Lord
No not at all. Mallow would be a cool character as well, and even though I would personally prefer Geno, Mallow could be a unique addition as well.

On a realistic note, Geno will probably always be more likely then Mallow, but I'm sure if Geno gets included, Mallow will get some sort of representation, like a Mii Outfit and cameos in Geno's stage, taunts and victory poses
totally! I’m rooting for a Mallow Mii Costume (Can you imagine a Premium Costume of Mallow?), a Cameo in the Stage and even assisting Geno in Geno’s Final Smash: a remix of Geno Flash + Star Rain.

Also, getting Mallow Premium Costume, that would make the gang complete:

Playable: Mario, Bowser, Peach, Geno
Mii Premium: Mallow

The 5 gang would be complete. Though I’m fine with just Geno playable of course :)

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Yoooooo happy 3000!!!! Sad I missed it , but the party is still going!

This is gonna be a long weekend huh? Also, opted to get Paper Mario tOK for Ghost of Tsushima. Made a good choice there.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
15 minutes left and you guys haven’t found a new way Geno was leaked today. Shame on you /s

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
First impressions of Paper Mario The Origami King:
It's objectively a good game, but not necessarily a good Paper Mario game.

The dialogue is funny and lighthearted, though it wouldn't hurt if they could turn the Paper puns down a notch.
The soundtrack has a number of sick bangers.
The graphics and art style is breath taking for a Paper Mario game, the last one I played was SPM, and I honestly thought it looked mediocre compared to the previous entries.
The story is meh, Paper Mario 64, PM TTYD, and SPM had an actual plot that raised the replayability factor for those games.

Yep, on its own PM TOK is good, but as a Paper Mario game it's only better than Sticker Star and Color Splash, which were already bad games, so that's not something to brag about.
*Laughs in Nuts and Bolts*
Aw man, Tanabe is talented and I can't hate him since he is one of the main people behind the Metroid Prime games (I ****ing love them) but this does remind me of just how much people did not like Nuts and Bolts.

domriver

Smash Lord
So im guessing a direct announcement maybe saturday or sunday? i highly doubt shadow dropping or revealing in the morning and play in the afternoon of the same day. idk.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
So im guessing a direct announcement maybe saturday or sunday? i highly doubt shadow dropping or revealing in the morning and play in the afternoon of the same day. idk.
Yeah, if the direct is on the 20th (which seems likely) they would have to announce it Saturday/Sunday. The only way I can see them announcing it the same day is if there's a wide gap. Like an announcement at 9am and the actual direct at 7pm. But historically that's never been done before

Alternatively, the direct could actually be on the 21st and the announcement is on the 20th

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
2 years and 3000 pages later, it's still his year
1595045049768.png

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I thought I would be safe leaving for two freaking hours but you guys already passed page 3000 without me! Oh well. Congrats to everyone for spending an unreasonable amount of time posting messages online about a fictional puppet potentially being added to a children's video game! :ultpacman::ultpacman::ultpacman:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I doubt Nintendo knows anything or even cares abouy smashboards in general

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I wonder if Fatman, TerminalMontage, and Papagenos are aware of this milestone
I'm sure they're aware. While TerminalMontage TerminalMontage and papagenos papagenos ain't here as often as Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , they do drop by actively a bit so they're aware. They probably don't think much of the milestones on this thread like surpassing the Smash 4 K. Rool and Ridley threads and becoming the biggest character support thread in Smashboards history since nether of them ever brought it up here.

You're welcome, my friend. Anything to help you in these trying times.
Thank you Malo Mart. :)

link2702

Smash Champion
Well not too much to discuss atm I guess, so I'll bring something up I'm not sure has been brought up yet(or least in a while....?)

SO when/if geno get's revealed, What are your biggest 3 hopes, and biggest 3 fears for him?

My hopes are;
1. He's a solid high tier or mid-high tier character. I want my most wanted character of all time to actually be viable and not just a punching bag for most of the cast like my current main is...
2. He has timed hits worked into his moveset somehow. They don't have to be on every move, maybe just on smash attacks or some specials, but since timed hits were a big part of SMRPG's battle system, he needs to have them incorporated somehow into his moves.
3. His reveal brings in a smrpg revival, and we see either a full remake, or even dare i say it....a sequel to smrpg.

My fears;
1. He turns out to be the worst/least viable character in the game. Yes i'll be glad to finally have my most wanted character, but man would it sting if he's even worse than ganondorf currently is in the metagame.
2. I absolutely can't stand his playstyle. This is perhaps my biggest fear, I'll have my most wanted character, but if he's not fun to play for me I'll be a bit devastated. I've waited well over 10 years for this moment, to finally get him in the game but be so unenjoyable to play would suck.
3. He has a voice actor that is very cringe-worthy. We all are assuming Geno is gonna have a VA, we all wonder what his voice actor would make him sound like. What if they ended up giving him something like slippy's voice from star fox 64? or Brawl pit? Or Otacon from MGS? There's plenty of ways that IMO, they could screw up his potential voice.

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
Also, I forgot to mention it before, but today I woke up from dreaming about playing Ultimate at this weird old married couple's house in another country (I'm gonna say Spain?). So they wanted me to help them unlock things, since they didn't really know what they were doing but wanted more characters, so I turned on WoL to see if I could do anything there.. Except it wasn't WoL. The opening cutscene came on, and instead of the 'lord of light', Galeem was described as 'an evil moon' and it mentioned that he'd tried to destroy the world once before. All of the fighters gathered to face him, but this time it was set in a battle-torn city square at night (think Westopolis from Shadow The Hedgehog).

Galeem started turning people into spirits, but it was like there was a pop and they were immediately the floating spheres with the images on them. This one cowboy-ish character tried to escape, but Galeem turned his horse into a spirit, and then turned him before he even hit the ground. It then cut to Sonic watching, and he smirked and tried to pull out the Ray Gun item, but his holster was empty. He said something like "Heh, I guess even guns have spirits, huh?" And then Galeem got him. But instead of becoming a spirit, he and the other playable characters became like statues made of bolted plates of metal. I specifically remember telling the couple something like, "Huh, this is weird. In my game it starts with them on a cliff and they get vaporized."

The game started, and instead of Kirby, the only survivors were Mario, Inkling, and Link. Rather than the world map, though, it was like a beat em up where you can swap between the three (like the Nicktoons Unite series). They left the city and went into a crystal cave that was being mined, and I thought I saw Shadow off in the distance and thought "Wait, but wasn't he just an assist?" And then I woke up. I wonder if I would've found Geno before long, if the dream had kept going? It wouldn't be surprising at all.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
So, one of the insiders is now saying it's a Mini

1595049798801.png

And the guy who always shows up on RE when a Direct is about to happen backs that up

1595049838421.png

And... the nightmare scenario, another guessing game

1595049865692.png

Ahahahahahaha END ME

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613

Powerman293

Smash Ace
D

Deleted member

Man we need a full direct, not a mini.

Hasn't it been like at least 9 months since the last full-on Nintendo direct?

vivala

Smash Journeyman
So, one of the insiders is now saying it's a Mini

View attachment 278961

And the guy who always shows up on RE when a Direct is about to happen backs that up

View attachment 278962

And... the nightmare scenario, another guessing game

View attachment 278964

Ahahahahahaha END ME
Honestly, is it reasonable to assume they don't have enough? They've said production isn't majorly affected and hadn't been showing off anything for a long time before the pandemic actually hit. If they genuinely didn't have enough games to fill a direct, it would feel less like the pandemic had screwed them and more just them... not making games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom