• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
But where is he? I could be mistaken, but I did not see his response here.
People have been blowing up my phone about it for the last hour. Mostly I'm just letting you all have fun with it. Leak or not, with as bull**** as everything in the world has been for the last four months, some levity is definitely needed.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Alright, first and foremost. R RetrogamerMax my condolences to you and your family during this time.

Secondly...DA F*** DID I MISS!?!?!

Alright this video has been up for two days on YouTube. The wording is VERY suspect, but I am going to be neutral on this.

My heart however, is soaring if this is it!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
This has happened a lot. People mentioned Snake in an interview for Smash 4. Same for Rayman. People have even said stuff about Mega Man in Brawl. It’s all hearsay. Let’s just wait till the 20th. If it happens? Great! But this person isn’t alluding to anything unless it’s the Mii Costume because that’s the only “Geno in Smash reaction” there’s ever been.

Last edited:

vivala

Smash Journeyman
If it´s legit, I think he is in either as a premium or as a fighter. Before anyone lynches me, remember that while we might be a fan of the idea, other people might be okay/happy with a premium costume, having him included in some fashion. Just look at Cuphead and Sans for example. Granted, the way it worded it, was very neutral and it could mean that we are getting the Smash 4 version, but if I had to bet money, it's a 50/50 coin-toss between playable fighter or premium
True, people definitely phrased the sans costume as "SANS IS IN SMASH OH MY GOD"

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
This has happened a lot. People mentioned Snake in an interview for Smash 4. Same for Rayman. People have even said stuff about Mega Man in Brawl. It’s all hearsay. Let’s just wait till the 20th. If it happens? Great! But this person isn’t alluding to anything unless it’s the Mii Costume because that’s the only “Geno in Smash reaction” there’s ever been.
is the official stance of the smash boards moderation team that we aren't allowed to be excited or what

MattX20

Smash Hero
We shall see in the next day or a few to see whether it's a simple case of a poor choice of words or not. It's only 4 days left before the Direct happens apparently, so we'll find out soon enough

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Yeah the part about where she talks about reactions makes it seem unlikely that she’s referring to a reveal. Probably the Smash 4 Mii Costume or Spirit.

There’s other stuff going for him so I don’t really care for this. Fingers crossed he gets in soon.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
About whether or not Geno would be a Mii Costume in Smash Ultimate:

A big majority of Smash Ultimate's newcomers have been a Boss, an Assist Trophy, a Mii Costume or any combination of the three in Smash 4, with King K. Rool, Isabelle, Dark Samus, and Ridley making the transfer to playable. I get that some mention of some characters not in Smash 4 have been made, like with Snake, but considering the upgrades transitioning from the last game to this game, there's still a bit going. I'd want this tradition to keep up, tbh.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
is the official stance of the smash boards moderation team that we aren't allowed to be excited or what
Yep, as per the Smashboards Moderator handbook article 000000 verse 1. “No fun allowed”

I’m just being the contrarian view.

D

Deleted member

Just to say if she was talking about a spirit, I don’t really think people were hyped about it and the returning costume in excitement. The most plausible thing is the costume from Smash 4 years ago. If she had access to the game and E3 stuff early in advance she probably did script and record the video ahead of time and also Covid messing things up, this seems pretty plausible.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I see that you all know what I mean and have found the spiciness.

Also

If she’s talking about any kind of reaction it’s to the Geno Mii Costume from Smash 4. I get y’all are hyped but this slight reference to Geno in Smash from a random GameStop employee is really no leak or confirmation of anything. Just take a breath guys.
This ain't it.

This has happened a lot. People mentioned Snake in an interview for Smash 4. Same for Rayman. People have even said stuff about Mega Man I’m Brawl. It’s all hearsay. Let’s just wait till the 20th. If it happens? Great! But this person isn’t alluding to anything unless it’s the Mii Costume because that’s the only “Geno in Smash reaction” there’s ever been.
This ain't either.

It's time to hype irresponsibly.

It's time to chug Kero Kero Cola 'til you puke and need a Pick Me Up.

It's time to ride the Hype Train straight to Star Road and loop around seven times before flying off to Crash into the sun.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Oh boy ... I really hope we get a direct soon to answer this question. Keeping everything in perspective ... keeping everything in check ...

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Because I don’t think it’s a sign for anything. I’m just as excited for the potential of Geno in Smash as anyone else in this thread but I’m not going to jump at any old mention of him to think he’s immediately confirmed. Jumping to conclusions can lead to disappointment.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Yeah the part about where she talks about reactions makes it seem unlikely that she’s referring to a reveal. Probably the Smash 4 Mii Costume or Spirit.

There’s other stuff going for him so I don’t really care for this. Fingers crossed he gets in soon.
That's the thing, though. If it's the costume, why didn't she show the costume? If it's the spirit, I don't know about you, but I didn't see a whole lot of freaking out.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It'd be pretty funny if this ended up being real because then the chick would've been outed as ignorant because she was trying to speak for the reaction of a reveal that hadn't even happened yet. :nifty: Though I guess that wouldn't matter since she'd be getting more praise for Geno confirm than weird looks.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Just to say if she was talking about a spirit, I don’t really think people were hyped about it and the returning costume in excitement. The most plausible thing is the costume from Smash 4 years ago. If she had access to the game and E3 stuff early in advance she probably did script and record the video ahead of time and also Covid messing things up, this seems pretty plausible.
I wasn't that connected to speculation at the time, so how excited were people for the Mii costume? Would it fit what she says here?

Droodle

Smash Lord
I know people are pretty excited, and it definitely could have the implication that Geno is getting revealed on the 20th. However, we don't really know until the direct airs or the video gets deleted/edited. Remember, when V's voice actor "confirmed" Dante for Smash, and everyone got their hopes up only to be met with Byleth.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Because I don’t think it’s a sign for anything. I’m just as excited for the potential of Geno in Smash as anyone else in this thread but I’m not going to jump at any old mention of him to think he’s immediately confirmed. Jumping to conclusions can lead to disappointment.
You know how many roads to disappointment there are in life? You can't avoid them. So enjoy the ride.

D

Deleted member

You: take this with a grain of salt and remember to hype responsibly.

Me, a total chad:
geno.gif

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I know people are pretty excited, and it definitely could have the implication that Geno is getting revealed on the 20th. However, we don't really know until the direct airs or the video gets deleted/edited. Remember, when V's voice actor "confirmed" Dante for Smash, and everyone got their hopes up only to be met with Byleth.
Good point

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
Well, if it's nothing else, I'm super happy to have something to discuss for the next 4 or so days with ya'll.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I feel like I just unleashed a sleeping giant...
You my friend, have opened the Pandora's Box of Geno hype, engaging the entire thread to burst into mass hysteria mode over the exciting prospect that our beloved puppet from a 24 year old will at long last have his time in the limelight on the video game medium's largest crossover, causing a domino effect were our panicking is inadvertently spread to people around us, who in turn inadvertently spread it to people around them and so on and so forth, thus signifying the end of times and the imminent fall of civilization as we know it.

You know, happens to the best of us!

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
So I just heard some bad news. My parents were out shopping earlier and they got a call from my aunt that my uncle just died. Covid took him. I wish this damn virus would disappear.
Sorry that I am late to respond, but I am also sorry for your loss. May he rest in peace.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wasn't that connected to speculation at the time, so how excited were people for the Mii costume? Would it fit what she says here?
Probably some disappointed and some glad that Geno got something. Not really freaking out compare to an actual reveal of course. Talking about the Smash 4 costume seems the most plausible scenario to me compared to a spirit or some premium costume that really wouldn’t make that much of a difference imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Whatever this may be, leak or poor choice of words, let's try to have fun with it. It's not like Geno is lacking material to back him up in the likelihood department.

Darkerik

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0563-4902-5513
The video has been retired?

Edited

Was my bad connection, sorry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom