• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So what is this about glitches all of a sudden? Do you really think they mean anything about character models being used for DLC characters?

Dr.DonPatch64

Smash Journeyman
In favor to Geno: all 3 premium Mii costumes are Mii gunners. Its time for some Mii brawler and Mii swordfighter.
Anything goes, Mii Brawler and Mii Swordfighter really need deluxe costumes
also I should metion Mii costumes evenn if DLC might not deconfirm anyone

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
There's only two Deluxe costumes. Vault Boy didn't come with music whatsoever, nor is he Indie regardless.

There's no real reason to label him that at this point. And him coming with some cool trailer music... means little when a ton of costumes, including non-Deluxe, come with those.

Though maybe CP7 will have a Deluxe costume?
I kinda lump him like "clones" back in the day. We had Clones (Roy and Marth) and semi-clones (Luigi and Wolf).

Vault boy is certainly more than a standard Mii costume. He just doesn't come with music, but he has the look and feel of Sans and CupHead

MattX20

Smash Hero
The way I see it is that apart from maybe the Monster Hunter costumes, the remaining Mii Costumes will probably come in one at a time rather than paired.

MarcelinoBros92

Smash Rookie
Hi! my name is Marcelo from Chile.
Im follow this forum since 2019, but my love for Geno is since when i played super mario rpg in 1999.
Iam the typical no registred user in this forum, but! in this specially ocation im coming here to share this doll was i order. Its beautiful, its a great day for the genobros and this is the best gift who i can recibe in the day when the spirits rule was broken.
Saludos desde Chile.
P.S: Sorry for my bad english, but this lenguage never was my stronger ability.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I kinda lump him like "clones" back in the day. We had Clones (Roy and Marth) and semi-clones (Luigi and Wolf).

Vault boy is certainly more than a standard Mii costume. He just doesn't come with music, but he has the look and feel of Sans and CupHead
Yeah, I don't buy it's Deluxe without Music. He's just a standard Mii costume without what makes it truly Deluxe. A lot of the costumes have been made to simply not look as bad as others. A lot were updated. Looking a lot "better" doesn't suggest it's Deluxe. Where's the music, the most consistent thing that made them outright Deluxe at this point?

Basically, it's music or "nope" for how I look at them. If they had no music, they weren't the case. Besides that, keep in mind it's not an Indie, which is supposed to be some defining factor too. Obviously Indie was never the key thing to them either. In addition, every single Mii costume has its own special music, and to be frank, this is practically like Geno's costume. A massively good one compared to others, has its own notability, but isn't treated as more special than the rest overall.

Feel free to disagree, but I don't see how it's close to "Deluxe". They've improved a lot of the costumes to look really damn good. Callie and Marie looks almost 100% perfect to me too. I wouldn't label them Deluxe either.

QQS

Smash Lord
Also, call me a pudding putz, but I kind of got choked up when I saw Min-Min got a cinematic trailer. Everybody is getting a trailer that we can rewatch and fawn over again and again. The fact that Geno could get a full pack complete with a cinematic trailer when around this time last year a lot of the fanbase would have happily taken the simple return of the Mii Costume, it's... It's an amazing feeling. We spent all last summer waiting for the axe to fall and it never did. Now the impossible dream of 7 year old me may soon be coming to a close. I look in the mirror and I see gray hairs and my father's face. Often growing up makes you jaded and forces you to give up on things you'd rather not and, for me, Super Mario RPG is just something from my childhood that will probably always mean something to me. I'm only about 4 years younger than my mom was in 1996 and it's just... No matter how bad things got, it's just something I've always carried with me and has always been a simple joy through the seasons of my life. As they say, it's hard to hold onto childhood things but the things most worth it are worth hanging onto...
I totally support. I was 6 or 7 years old opening my parents’s Christmas Gift on that day, and Super Mario RPG SNES box was hidden inside a Christmas boot for me; while Mega Man X3 was hidden in another boot for my brother. Since that day, I felt in love with Geno. Now in July 4th I will turn 30 years and the memories remains brighter than ever. So I won’t have words to describe how the Geno reveal would impact my brain and body. Goosebumps and tears, I would express myself more but I can’t in English. I will be totally paid in full when this happens, and will happen believe me.

MisterMike

Smash Champion

QQS

Smash Lord
Im follow this forum since 2019, but my love for Geno is since when i played super mario rpg in 1999.
Iam the typical no registred user in this forum, but! in this specially ocation im coming here to share this doll was i order. Its beautiful, its a great day for the genobros and this is the best gift who i can recibe in the day when the spirits rule was broken.
Saludos desde Chile.
Muy bueno el peluche de Geno, saludos desde Santiago también amigo! Big Geno fan here! Let the last road begin!

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Speaking of this idea that Bayo was used as the basis for Min Min, did you notice how her Dragon ARMS can fire a beam if you hold down the button when you send it out? Almost like how Bayo can fire off her guns to do chip damage when doing attacks.
Plus, wasn't the glitch with her hair-suit thing not disappearing when she smash attacked? Almost as if she was being used as a base for another character that wouldn't be using that visual at all?

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
So, wait, does anyone know what the specific Ness glitch is? Is there any sort of correlation that we could make there?

D

Deleted member

I think I read somewhere that there is a Ness visual bug. Is there a source for that? Im not sure how Ness can be used as a base for Geno. I’m thinking maybe Megaman or Mii Gunner would fit better. I guess Ness could work as a base for a magic attack or some model?

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He got his own special trailer just like Cuphead and Sans, that's worth noting.
So did Geno too. And he wasn't "special" anymore than the rest. Just a regular costume.

Again, I consider the music the hard factor.

Pointing out more stuff won't change that for me. Music or "nope".

But let's move on. Obviously I don't agree with the consensus, and that's really not worth some long debate.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
So, wait, does anyone know what the specific Ness glitch is? Is there any sort of correlation that we could make there?
I'll try to find the Video, but it was Ness's Eyes disappearing. Personally I wouldn't use this for Geno, but For someone like Professor Layton who shares Similar eyes to Ness, however the eyes could be a signal of something else beneath, so it could be used for Geno perhaps

Edit:

Here it is

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I'll try to find the Video, but it was Ness's Eyes disappearing. Personally I wouldn't use this for Geno, but For someone like Professor Layton who shares Similar eyes to Ness, however the eyes could be a signal of something else beneath, so it could be used for Geno perhaps

Edit:

Here it is
I can't find any instance outside of this one clip of the glitch occurring though, compared to Bayonetta which seems to happen just from getting hit and nothing else. It's consistent and gives credit to the idea it was due to her being used as a base for Min Min.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
If there truly is a Ness visual bug I wonder what roughly-Mario height, humanoid-but-chibi-proportioned, floaty, projectile based character could be awaiting us in the near future, fellas. Personally, my money is on Master Higgins from Adventure Island

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I have to say, I'm at a bit of a stand-still with Geno's chances.

Spirits are back on the table, which is fantastic, but I can't help but look in the direction of Heihachi's Mii. I have a feeling that we're getting at least one returning costume a pack again, and of those, we have six third parties still missing (both MH ones, Geno, Chocobo, Lloyd, Gil). I can see only Geno and Chocobo coming in a pair, which lines perfectly with the five remaining packs. Geno's costume and Chocobo could so easily come with Geno himself... or another Square rep. Then again, if Mii costume guy is right again about Mallow and Smithy costumes existing, SMRPG would really be front-loaded with costumes, almost like they'd come for a character, much like Ninjara came with Min Min (plus Callie and Marie, which are in a very similar position with ARMS due to Splatoon being a newer first party IP).

Agh... This wait is going to be torture. I'm 50/50, I suppose. Heihachi's Mii costume definitely has me sweating.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Man, you really took that "Hero" situation thing personally, huh? I think spirits deconfirming was the bigger takeaway here, but by all means, insult anyone that might have entertained a perfectly viable point of speculation. To be fair, the "spirits deconfirm" argument didn't even make logical sense (at least for season 2 of the DLC) and was primarily used by Geno detractors as a means of gatekeeping. As for the "Hero" idea, it was considered by a significant amount of people due to the ambiguity of the ARMS half-reveal back in April and the various unprecedented factors being taken into account. I don't recall anyone that supported the idea being blatantly disrespectful towards those that held a differing opinion.
It was less disrespect and more how most of the people who supported it were people who publicly stated they don't like or play ARMS, while most ARMS fans were against it, and how the people who don't play ARMS actually lectured ARMS fans on the game to prove it would work as if they knew more about it somehow. It was quite annoying.

Last edited:

RedMachine123

Smash Apprentice
So did Geno too. And he wasn't "special" anymore than the rest. Just a regular costume.

Again, I consider the music the hard factor.

Pointing out more stuff won't change that. Music or "nope".
He didn't? He got a generic Mii costume trailer like the rest of the Smash 4 Mii costumes.

MattX20

Smash Hero

Spirits are back on the table, which is fantastic, but I can't help but look in the direction of Heihachi's Mii. I have a feeling that we're getting at least one returning costume a pack again, and of those, we have six third parties still missing (both MH ones, Geno, Chocobo, Lloyd, Gil). I can see only Geno and Chocobo coming in a pair, which lines perfectly with the five remaining packs. Geno's costume and Chocobo could so easily come with Geno himself... or another Square rep. Then again, if Mii costume guy is right again about Mallow and Smithy costumes existing, SMRPG would really be front-loaded with costumes, almost like they'd come for a character, much like Ninjara came with Min Min (plus Callie and Marie, which are in a very similar position with ARMS due to Splatoon being a newer first party IP).

Agh... This wait is going to be torture. I'm 50/50, I suppose. Heihachi's Mii costume definitely has me sweating.
I'm 75/25 right now in all honesty. The only real 50/50 for Mii Costumes was between Lloyd and Heihachi. With the Mii costume still MIA after 6 waves, the DQ Hero Amiibo and Cloud releasing again in September, and the various other things discussed, Geno's chances have never been this good

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Actually scratch that, there was plenty of disrespect too. I got sick of hearing about how ARMS is just "stretchy punch out" and the characters have nothing distinct about them, and how the only way ARMS could possibly be interesting is if they added extra characters as alts.
Firox Firox

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm 75/25 right now in all honesty. The only real 50/50 for Mii Costumes was between Lloyd and Heihachi. With the Mii costume still MIA after 6 waves, the DQ Hero Amiibo and Cloud releasing again in September, and the various other things discussed, Geno's chances have never been this good
I am 75/25 on Geno's chances as well. I can't wait to hear any announcement for the next character being revealed to see if it is him. If he is not fighter 7, though, don't be upset, guys.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I agree that this is the best chance Geno has ever had, tbh, but looking at things objectively, there's no reason to discard the possibility of the costume being... scarily there. Remember, Heihachi was absent for multiple waves, including the one that everyone and their mom thought he'd drop in (Terry's), only for him to come with Min Min. Geno may have dodged six waves, much like Heihachi dodged five, and they both dodged their 'prime' opportunities to be unveiled... but it doesn't mean they won't be. Heihachi proves that.

Honestly, all we can do is hope that the winds blow in our favor.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord

It sucks for Heihachi fans, but they can't all be promoted, which leaves us in a better spot. Heihachi just doesn't have the community support behind him that Geno does. It's a weird situation because had Heihachi been promoted I would've gotten nervous and thought the same thing: "oh god they can't ALL be promoted".

And now there is a neat and tidy set of 6 characters, two from three different companies left. It's safe to say a Square character is guaranteed, the last hurdle is just making sure it's Geno, which I feel great about

Griselda

Smash Lord
"Geno didn't get costumed this time, but that's all, so don't get carried away about his chances."
Me:
tv zelda carried away.png

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Saludos desde Chile.
Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you on board!

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Trolling
Actually scratch that, there was plenty of disrespect too. I got sick of hearing about how ARMS is just "stretchy punch out" and the characters have nothing distinct about them, and how the only way ARMS could possibly be interesting is if they added extra characters as alts.
Then rejoice, as this especially stretchy cross is no longer your burden to bear. Your days of having to go to bat and taking general ARMS apathy strangely personally are behind you. Rest, O martyr--you have been vindicated

Crankshadow

Smash Cadet
It is a great day for geno! Sorry to our heihachi bro’s tho:(. Looking good for Star boi. Did anyone else’s eye get big when he said “AT LEAST 5 more fighters?”

MattX20

Smash Hero
I agree that this is the best chance Geno has ever had, tbh, but looking at things objectively, there's no reason to discard the possibility of the costume being... scarily there. Remember, Heihachi was absent for multiple waves, including the one that everyone and their mom thought he'd drop in (Terry's), only for him to come with Min Min. Geno may have dodged six waves, much like Heihachi dodged five, and they both dodged their 'prime' opportunities to be unveiled... but it doesn't mean they won't be. Heihachi proves that.

Honestly, all we can do is hope that the winds blow in our favor.
Lloyd was a heavy fan request since the Brawl era, and was enough demand to land a Mii Costume. Sakurai made it clear he couldn't get Heihachi to work right in his eyes, so the Mii Costume was a consolation prize. Geno and Lloyd are in very similar situations right now and I've more optimism for the two as things currently stand. Not locks of course, but they just got a boost

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It is a great day for geno! Sorry to our heihachi bro’s tho:(. Looking good for Star boi. Did anyone else’s eye get big when he said “AT LEAST 5 more fighters?”
I just assumed that it meant that they'd definitely release all of the fighters that were promised, as opposed to cutting Fighters Pass 2 short due to the coronavirus.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

That's something that isn't brought up much. We don't know if they're not going to license Geno's costume again simply because he's playable.

It can depend what costs more. Would using the costume again mean they lose money because of having to pay royalties for each download? But since royalties are paid for downloads of the Geno character, would it make a difference in the end? Probably not. So it might be a matter of "is it worth it?" and the answer is "depends what costs more". Theoretically Nintendo could make more for having the costumes and the character available. They could also make more if it's a Deluxe costume and a playable character due to the extra song making the costume extremely popular too. Each download gives royalties to Square-Enix regardless. IMO, I think it ultimately depends if pay for all of it in a bundle is cheaper. There can be other factors too. Like SE requiring the costume to be there, but it still costs less, etc.

He didn't? He got a generic Mii costume trailer like the rest of the Smash 4 Mii costumes.
Oh, I see. Sakurai actually talked about him directly in the direct and I remembered wrong. My bad.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
He said at least five because Nintendo is constantly submitting character ideas to him and they give him 24 hours to respond negatively in writing before they contractually assume he's working on the character. Unfortunately, due to the stay at home order, he hasn't been able to receive the requests--god only knows how many are piled on his desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom