• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

♕Pretty Roger♕

God Roger
NNID
RogelioWii
3DS FC
0602-6365-8680
Switch FC
SW-2762-7992-4597
Based on the background of the presentation and timing, next week will most likely be Let’s Go Johto and DP remakes are next year’s game.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
>There is now a good chance of them announcing a pokemon rep as dlc
>after all these months of waiting we get a pokemon rep

I mean, I'd be fine if it's gorillaboom since I actually like heavies and monkes, but if that's what we get after waiting all this time I'm gonna be a little dissapointed.

Attachments

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Literally how does a remake of an N64 game manage to look better than a mainline game?
Bamco is how

>There is now a good chance of them announcing a pokemon rep as dlc
>after all these months of waiting we get a pokemon rep

I mean, I'd be fine if it's gorillaboom since I actually like heavies and monkes, but if that's what we get after waiting all this time I'm gonna be a little dissapointed.
Hot take: the Grass/Fire/Water trilogy is a stupid request as Pokemon trainer already did it and the only way to make a pokemon fighter good is to get as far away from tired starter and biped pokemon as possible.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Eh, Gen 8 is inevitable for FP7 regardless.
Not really. Not even Geno is a lock but I still think he has the best chances out of any character right now.

Literally how does a remake of an N64 game manage to look better than a mainline game?
Don't you mean why a remake of a spin off looks better than a new mainline game? N64 had mainline games too it wasn't just filler.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Since this game was made by NAMCO, they should take over the core games now.

T2by4

Smash Lord
I mean if the entire premise of a game is just to take snap shots of pokemon doing random animations I'd imagine you'd want it to look decent.

MattX20

Smash Hero
FP7 is not going to be Pokemon Gen 8 related. The recent spirit event that occurred last year has spirits one would want for the Gen 8 rep, so it's extremely unlikely. That, and Nintendo has to the end of next week to get the Smash reveals done. Waiting til the end of June would be a poor decision on their part

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I'm really starting to get sick of the overreactions of people believing the entire video game world revolves around Smash. Overwatch accessory announced? Tracer is a lock! Literally any third-party game announced? Oh they're probably in Smash! Pokemon has another presentation next week? Damn it's a lock for FP7!!!

There are so many reasons why this is unlikely. If anything, another Pokemon would really only make sense as a "bonus" type character, and they likely wouldn't be announced in a Pokemon company direct. I have a hard time believing they're giving us another Pokemon stage, character, and music that'd come with a pack. Not to mention this would've been planned since last summer/fall at the latest, so why would the Team Rocket mii costume come with Banjo?

Think about things before overreacting

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm really starting to get sick of the overreactions of people believing the entire video game world revolves around Smash. Overwatch accessory announced? Tracer is a lock! Literally any third-party game announced? Oh they're probably in Smash! Pokemon has another presentation next week? Damn it's a lock for FP7!!!

There are so many reasons why this is unlikely. If anything, another Pokemon would really only make sense as a "bonus" type character, and they likely wouldn't be announced in a Pokemon company direct. I have a hard time believing they're giving us another Pokemon stage, character, and music that'd come with a pack. Not to mention this would've been planned since last summer/fall at the latest, so why would the Team Rocket mii costume come with Banjo?

I'll be honest, the Team Rocket Mii costume I would kind of say was more random than Goemon.

D

Deleted member

This. Not everything means it’s going to be Smash.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
FP7 is not going to be Pokemon Gen 8 related. The recent spirit event that occurred last year has spirits one would want for the Gen 8 rep, so it's extremely unlikely. That, and Nintendo has to the end of next week to get the Smash reveals done. Waiting til the end of June would be a poor decision on their part
Yeah, but Nintendo made poor decisions before, and has hold off on things before. I can imagine happening with this, too, not trying to be pessimistic, by the way.

MattX20

Smash Hero

Thank you for that. We need more common sense like this

zferolie

Smash Hero

Its not a remake its a sequel.

And man everyone loves to assume the worst. They said this pokemon announcment is a new project, most likely gen 4 remake for next year. I doubt a smash character for pokemon is going to pop at the same time.

Remember, this was e3 season, and how they originally planned to reveal smash fighters and planned them has changed. I doubt we are getting pokemon rep revealed at e3 time. Its most likely a 3rd party rep.

Stop the gloom party

Vector Victor

Smash Lord

You know what's definitely not related to Smash so far?

The month of June.

T2by4

Smash Lord
>NOA retweeted the pokemon stuff just now

Aaaaand that's it for this week. Better luck next week fellas.

Heoj

Smash Ace
honestly tho, what are the chances we get an announcement later today and smash news tomorrow?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Because there was no obnoxious time limit to make it.

That's it. Of the four mainline games(the two Let's Go and SwSh), only SwSh could not be delayed and had a very strict date. This forced them to reuse old models(which it sucks they lied about the model reusage, but that's the only bad thing they did) to barely get it out in time.

SwSh needed a delay to look better. No ifs, ands, or buts.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I can't believe people are expecting a smash reveal during the Pokemon direct thing next week.

THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED

Everyone always expects smash during game specific directs, but it has literally never happened once. Smash has never been shown outside a smash centric or general direct, or a special event like E3 or the Game Awards. When will people learn that this is not how it works?

Also the next Pokemon presents is over "one more big title" they're going to announce, so it's likely gen 4 remakes, meaning if we got a smash reveal it would have to relate to that somehow, which seems unlikely at best.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I can't believe people are expecting a smash reveal during the Pokemon direct thing next week.

THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED

Everyone always expects smash during game specific directs, but it has literally never happened once. Smash has never been shown outside a smash centric or general direct, or a special event like E3 or the Game Awards. When will people learn that this is not how it works?

Also the next Pokemon presents is over "one more big title" they're going to announce, so it's likely gen 4 remakes, meaning if we got a smash reveal it would have to relate to that somehow, which seems unlikely at best.
Plus, Lucario already represents Gen 4

Firox

Smash Master

THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED

Whoever said that the smash reveal would be DURING the Pokemon Presentation? The Smash Direct could be sandwiched between today and the next presentation and still feature a Pokemon rep. (Not saying that's what I want, but just saying)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED

We need a Gen 3 rep damnit! Gen 3 nor Gen 5 has any reps in the roster.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I just found out Nintendo announced a new Pokemon Snap. Thats pretty cool. I just kinda wanna point out that I do believe this announcement is another instance of Nintendo listening to the fans, as tons of people have wanted a new Pokemon Snap for years, and tons of people thought it would never happen and it started to become a meme in recent years, until it finally happened. Maybe we can get a certain little star puppet in Smash through the power of fan demand as well. ;)

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Y’all need to chill they could drop this ****** any time now. Pokémon Directs won’t affect that.

It’s like max of 2 weeks now.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
I'm... Confused.
These pokemons news are all fine and dandy , but why do you want to delay your big project next week ? Or , to be precise , one of the last opportunity for the Smash reveal A.K.A. the hype black hole ?
I know that Smash and Pokemon are handled by two different companies , but I'm sure that they must be aware of something.

Not saying "Kung Fu Panda looking dude for Smash" , rather... Why make a second Pokemon present when you already had all the spotlight ? Were they scared of that big project overshadowing Pokemon Snap , the DLCs and "Learn how to brush your damn teeths with Pikachu jimmy , I swear to god" ?
Or maybe they're stretching it because they know they can... Or they don't care about Smash , and Nintendo planned since the beginning to reveal the ARMS fighter later into June.

... Or they shadow drop the Smash direct tomorrow , and it's only ARMS.

I'm just confused at this decision. I hope we get the ARMS reveal soon enough.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Y’all need to chill they could drop this ****** any time now. Pokémon Directs won’t affect that.

It’s like max of 2 weeks now.
It's what I've been saying in the ARMS thread. They're only holding off on the Smash stuff this week so they don't cannibalize sales.

Nanami77

Banned via Warnings

“There are so many reasons on why ARMS is unlikely, Springman is already an AT“.

Also, me thinking Gen 8 is a lock for FP7 has nothing to do with the presentations. Given our current track right now, its inevitable. Might as well prepare for it now to save the salt for when it actually happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom