• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So...is anyone still confident about the Arms character being next week? I’m probably one of the few that still is.
I'm pretty sure at this point by a week from today we will know who the Arms rep is as well as potentially #77. If June goes by and there is no Smash news, than I'm leaving speculation for half a year.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I'm waiting to see a single garbage game. Cause I've not seen anything but perfectly acceptable games.

Even many of the games I'm not a fan of I don't see as garbage. I couldn't stand Sonic Unleashed. I won't call it a bad game either(day stages were terribly made, and Sonic controlled badly too. He controlled well in the Werehog form, and perfectly in the hub. The Tails stages were even worse than the awful day stages. Note I mean the literal stages when I say Day. The layouts were absolute ****).
Way to miss the point by focusing on one word you don't agree with. The point is a good portion of the studio was working on an entirely different game that came out a month before Sword and Shield that wasn't received well at all.
Little Town Hero for Switch Reviews Metacritic.png

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Kinda of sound much what I'll bring up, but remember the Nintendo Direct Mini intro back in March? They did display a message to give those that were infected by the Virus and explain that release dates posted in the presentation are subject to not be final. So maybe June may not be the time Worst case Scenario
Capture.PNG

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Kinda of sound much what I'll bring up, but remember the Nintendo Direct Mini intro back in March? They did display a message to give those that were infected by the Virus and explain that release dates posted in the presentation are subject to not be final. So maybe June may not be the time Worst case Scenario
View attachment 275080
They wouldn't have said June if they didn't believe it would be out then and Sakurai has made it clear that because it's DLC development hasn't been impacted much by being done at home.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
View attachment 275080
This so much. It makes sense everything is taking a while.

...Hell, did Microsoft and Sony do the same thing?

Though they at least still have ARMS labeled as June, so it's right now "June with no exceptions" unless they actually tweet/announce a delay.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I thought he was a ghost type. I haven't played any of the Pokemon games since Gen 4 so my Pokemon knowledge is limited only to the first 4 generations.
Fair enough. He does look rather ghostly.

So...is anyone still confident about the Arms character being next week? I’m probably one of the few that still is.
I think chances are very good it'll be next week, Pokemon reveal be damned. They never reveal things on weekends, and revealing this character on the last two days of the month would be statistically unlikely and too much of a meme. Also, as others have stated, they've got an investors meeting next week on the 25th and if there's one thing investors like, it's knowing that stuff is happening.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
Although Darkrai is not a ghost type, I would lose my **** with hype if he got in smash to promote gen 4 remakes. That or Deoxys. There are some classic Pokemon I would love to see.
Yeah, Darkrai and Deoxys were my favorites for Gen 4. I forget, is Darkrai already a Pokeball in Smash?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
It's way too soon for let's go Johto. Gen 2 goes back to Kanto. Half the game would literally just be let's go Kanto which just came out like 2 years ago.

MattX20

Smash Hero
This so much. It makes sense everything is taking a while.

...Hell, did Microsoft and Sony do the same thing?

Though they at least still have ARMS labeled as June, so it's right now "June with no exceptions" unless they actually tweet/announce a delay.
If it were to be delayed again, they probably would've done so a month back at least

Dukefire

Smash Master
We are antsy on our seats for the next smash news, but the ongoing pandemic is still making it not easy for a lot of people regarding conditions. I know that June can still happen, just applying the Worst Case Scenario if it should come in terms.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If it were to be delayed again, they probably would've done so a month back at least
We'll have known about it by now, yeah.

I don't know why people are acting like it was actually delayed.

I won't deny it's impossible a tweet notes this this week either. But if they don't say it this week, it's coming.

Also, the thing about next week is that they are announcing a new thing for Pokemon. This won't affect Smash itself because it's not related strictly to DLC. They announced some core stuff today, but more importantly, they just don't want Pokemon and Smash DLC to clash that badly in the same week. It makes sense marketing wise.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Yeah, Darkrai and Deoxys were my favorites for Gen 4. I forget, is Darkrai already a Pokeball in Smash?
Technically Deoxys is Gen 3, but the way I worded it was confusing. I think they're both pokeball Pokemon actually, but I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't end up mattering.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
It's way too soon for let's go Johto. Gen 2 goes back to Kanto. Half the game would literally just be let's go Kanto which just came out like 2 years ago.
I mean pretty much every plush behind Ishihara was Johto related, the Let's Go Boxes were there, seems pretty obvious.

Firox

Smash Master
Technically Deoxys is Gen 3, but the way I worded it was confusing. I think they're both pokeball Pokemon actually, but I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't end up mattering.
I suppose Pokeball Pokemon are in the same boat as AT's. If we get Springman, here's hoping that Scizor is back on the table!

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Was told that there was already plans to re-introduce Pokemon as early as August.
One of the big issues with Sword and Shield was the god awful Prerelease PR. If they had just said this when they planned it, the fanbase as a whole would've been much less upset.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
View attachment 275080
"For potential updates". They would have let us know ahead of time if June wasn't gonna happen. Smash news is next week or riots.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
"For potential updates". They would have let us know ahead of time if June wasn't gonna happen. Smash news is next week or riots.
The June 30th meme might be real... that’s always a possibility.

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
Just cause it’s being discussed now, I think Deoxys and Darkrai would have been awesome Smash additions! Maybe Zoroark too if they could’ve figured out a way to work the illusion ability (also Lycanroc, seems he was more underrated than I thought during base game). All these guys deserve more support for Smash!

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
The June 30th meme might be real... that’s always a possibility.
Reminds me of Square releasing Kingdom Hearts BBS. They announced it as a summer release. It came out September 9th.

Yes, that was still summer, still a jerk move, though.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
View attachment 275080
Which is completely fine, but keep in mind they said "For Potential updates, please check the official Nintendo website and social media channels".

Meaning if something is delayed or something, they'd make a post about it. At this point, unless they're REALLY cramming and desperately trying to finish our ARMS rep at the absolute very last minute possible moment to make the June deadline, I really think they would have said something by now. And I'm pretty sure the character in question is pretty much done, knowing how perfectionist Sakurai can be.

It's all down to marketing at this point. But at the very least, I think June is still a lock. Hopefully sooner than later.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Which is completely fine, but keep in mind they said "For Potential updates, please check the official Nintendo website and social media channels".

Meaning if something is delayed or something, they'd make a post about it. At this point, unless they're REALLY cramming and desperately trying to finish our ARMS rep at the absolute very last minute possible moment to make the June deadline, I really think they would have said something by now. And I'm pretty sure the character in question is pretty much done, knowing how perfectionist Sakurai can be.

It's all down to marketing at this point. But at the very least, I think June is still a lock. Hopefully sooner than later.
And honestly? Most people are more interested in who it is, rather than when they can be playable. People want the reveal more, not the release.

MattX20

Smash Hero

Precisely. If there was really another delay, we would've known at least a month ago

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I always found funny that there are people believing that Spirits deconfirm. They are a miserable little pile of .PNG archives.

I imagine Businessmen, heads of the industry, dressed formally at a meeting, discussing which characters could be in one of the biggest advertising games in the industry, but one saying "We can't add that character, it's a spirit :( "
Did someone call for me?
IMG_20191016_174127.jpg

(replace us and ourselves with "me" and "myself")

I don't know if you've seen my multiple diatribes on this subject matter, but I literally have been preaching this for so long now. I am to this subject what Malo Mart Malo Mart is to Cacomallow. (At least I like to think at least a little.)

No but seriously, you're right on. I don't think Sakurai and his development team are gonna have trouble changing a PNG and a battle around if a company ask them to (whether that be Nintendo, Square Enix, or both). As I've mentioned before, the SSBU team made "Everyone Is Here" possible and gave us 100+ stages. I really don't think Sakurai and his team are gonna be like...

Sakurai: "Oh, sorry *insert company here* we can't add Geno because he's an image and already has a preexisting battle..."

Wanna know why that won't happen? Because of this:

Company: *Opens wallet

Sakurai: "So you want Geno in by when?"

If Sakurai or a company want a character in, they'll be in.

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
>Pokemon having another presentation next week
>Nintendo treating pokemon like a spoiled child that wants all the attention and doesn't have anything else that week

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'd hat to sound like I am complaining, but I am just worried, actually. I am worried that something Smash related won't happen next week because of the Pokemon thing, and the Investors meeting is happening by next week, too. I hate COVID-19.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Still, there is hope. This presentation and next week's, though connected to Nintendo, was done by the Pokemon company, rather than Nintendo themselves, if I have things down right. Other companies have been doing presentations nowadays. There may still be a chance Nintendo could do their own presentation next week in some form.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
N-NO! IMPOSSIBLE!!!! YOU CAN'T JUST CHANGE A SPIRIT BATTLE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
You have no idea. I've seen people say they are gonna do this when they add back Geno's Mii Costume or... *gag* the fabled Deluxe Geno Mii that is going to get the "Sans Treatment"

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Remember when the AT couldn't be disabled cause the character is there?

While it's just due to a Mii costume, this is how the Spring Man's battle is treated. They used the representation of him via the Mii, and made sure Spring Man cannot spawn as an AT because the "character" is there.

This is why the argument that they can't disable the AT makes no sense. There's debates on whether a Springtron change is plausible(Honestly, I don't believe he has a chance outside of a Spring Man alt), but it's pretty clear these kind of things are not an issue.

Spirits/AT's, they're variables that they can change up if needed. Spring Man just needs the ARMS prefix and there's no issues. At most they can use Spring Man as the character during the Spirit Battle instead of the costume. They could also have it as the costume if you play as Spring Man too. And vice versa. There's so many ways to change it up it's hilarious.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
Who's ready for them to announce another Smash tournament next week that will further delay any announcements whatsoever and be plagued by wifi Sonic? :4pacman:

(Hope ya'll are doing alright in these times! Looks like we're really in for a June 30th meme release, huh?)

Franauts

Smash Cadet
And what difference does it make if Springman coexists with his AT? Sakurai has said something like "Rock Howard is the adoptive son of an older Terry Bogard, so seeing them together, being a young version of Terry would be pointless, but Smash is all about that kind of stuff".

it's a simple fighting game (or party game idk), you can put 8 characters equal to each other to fight. Chrom is a character by itself but he's also part of another character's moveset, he's even part of his victory pose, you can summon Chrom to come and hit Chrom, you can beat Chrom and Chrom will be next to Robin mocking the Chrom clapping.

cosmicB

Smash Ace
SEGA, Square Enix and Capcom.
Which of these have announced more than 2-3 games? Genuinely asking. Because I don't really consider that much more impressive than Nintendo shadowdropping Paper Mario. And if we're talking about Sony's show, I imagine their California branch helped put the 3rd party trailers together. Project Athia for example has a very big western footprint thanks to Luminous Productions (Gary Whitta is involved). A lot of these companies have autonomous western branches in general whereas NoA really isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom