• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Fans: 'God, Nintendo, can you please finally announce stuff?'
Nintendo: 'We will have four presentations in June.'
Fans: 'Alright! That's grea-'
Nintendo: '-three of the showcases will be Pokemon related.'
Fans: '.......'

RedMachine123

Smash Apprentice
Just a friendly reminder:

436ypb.jpg

How many times the Smash community has to go through this process? New game or new game content gets announced > HOLY **** "X" CHARACTER FROM "Y" NINTENDO GAME CONFIRMED FOR SMASH!!!!

It only happened once with Byleth, but we all know that Nintendo loves to promote Fire Emblem through Smash.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I officially forgive gamefreak and TPC for everything. They made my childhood dreams come true today. Pokemon Snap 2 makes up for let's go, sword and shield, Pokemon Home, and then some imo.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Just a friendly reminder:

View attachment 275062

How many times the Smash community has to go through this process? New game or new game content gets announced > HOLY **** "X" CHARACTER FROM "Y" NINTENDO GAME CONFIRMED FOR SMASH!!!!

It only happened once with Byleth, but we all know that Nintendo loves to promote Fire Emblem through Smash.
We're honestly at a point where , if a video game get released on Switch , the Smash fanbase go wild lol.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It's what I've been saying in the ARMS thread. They're only holding off on the Smash stuff this week so they don't cannibalize sales.
That’s probably accurate considering ARMS is supposed to be revealed and released this month they’ll probably release it right after the presentation. Whether it be next week or the week after. It’s good to at least have the spotlight on Pokémon for a little while.

Like, guys. We’ve been literally waiting for 5 months. I promise y’all can last two more weeks maximum.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Smash fandom going from screaming Heihachi is a 100% confirmed lock for FP7 to screaming Gen 8 Pokemon is 100% confirmed lock for FP7 like
1592405779293.png

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I know I'm late to the party, but...

Literally how does a remake of an N64 game manage to look better than a mainline game?
Because Game Freak isn't making it. I never turn down a good opportunity to take a crap on GF.

That said though, HOLY **** SNAP 2?!

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I can't believe it, the state of the fanbase is so bad they actually played the trump card.

AAAAAAAAAAAAA.png

AND THE BEST PART IS THAT IT'S BEING DONE BY NAMCO, SO I DON'T NEED TO WORRY IF IT'S GOOD OR NOT!

That being said, oh my god we don't need ANOTHER PRESENTATION NEXT WEEK. Like, WHY? We get it, it's Let's Go Johto, literally every plush in the backround is Johto, it's probably going to be a worse game than HGSS which came out 11 years ago, just show it already, probably Detective Pikachu, Sleep, and something Pokken related as well. I'm not really worrying about it impacting the ARMS rep at this point because Pokemon has always done it's own thing BUT NINTENDO, PLEASE SHOW SOMETHING THAT ISN'T POKEMON, THIS IS THE THIRD NEWS DUMP THIS MONTH.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I can't believe it, the state of the fanbase is so bad they actually played the trump card.
Honestly at this point, there's two sides of the fanbase:
- Anyone who blindly buys anything and defends Game Freak.
- Anyone who is still a true Pokemon fan, but doesn't buy garbage from Game Freak.
I think the entirety of the fanbase would be happy over a Snap remake, which is NOT made by Game Freak.

Edit: Didn't mean to imply the defenders aren't also true fans, hence the "still" on the second part. Everyone's a fan regardless whether you like Gen 8 and/or defend GF, or not to both of those things. But seriously though, **** GF, they don't deserve your time, money, or defense.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
lol. If Namco-Bandai was working on SwSh, the game would've been pretty much the same. The only reason it's mediocre(but still a pretty damn good game really) is because they had a hard deadline to meet and couldn't actually add anything.

Gamefreak aren't the problem. Time is. And time will never change because they can't just delay the anime to allow for more time. Gamefreak does need more employees, but it would've changed almost nothing. The graphics might've been a little better. But they wouldn't have had time for actual more Pokemon to be added and playtested whatsoever. That was never going to happen without an extra team entirely dedicated just to doing that. And that'd have to be a full-sized team too, not a few extra employees.

Gamefreak's only problem was lying about the model reuse. They're completely fine otherwise. I honestly feel sorry for them having to deal with such bull**** deadlines. The anime seriously needs a rework to allow for better filler so they can get real time to work.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Okay, so Pokemon Snap 2 according to Fatman wasn't one the titles he heard of, but he was told multiple games based on Pokemon were coming based on the following (he said I could share this):
-Was told that there wasn't going to a third Gen 8 game (no Pokemon "Gun")

-Was told that there was already plans to add Pokemon back in as early as last August.

-Was told there was going to be a remake of something from the mid 2000's and, again, we assumed Diamond and Pearl but it might just be Mystery Dungeon in the end.
Still, it does help line up with said contacts confidence with Geno since that's what they've been hearing and are fairly confident in

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

lol. If Namco-Bandai was working on SwSh, the game would've been pretty much the same. The only reason it's mediocre(but still a pretty damn good game really) is because they had a hard deadline to meet and couldn't actually add anything.

Gamefreak aren't the problem. Time is. And time will never change because they can't just delay the anime to allow for more time. Gamefreak does need more employees, but it would've changed almost nothing. The graphics might've been a little better. But they wouldn't have had time for actual more Pokemon to be added and playtested whatsoever. That was never going to happen without an extra team entirely dedicated just to doing that. And that'd have to be a full-sized team too, not a few extra employees.

Gamefreak's only problem was lying about the model reuse. They're completely fine otherwise. I honestly feel sorry for them having to deal with such bull**** deadlines. The anime seriously needs a rework to allow for better filler so they can get real time to work.
It seems you need to watch DistanceKingdom’s videos. There are a lot more problems than just time and lying...

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Im super excited to see Pokemon Snap 2. I would have never guessed Nintendo/Pokemon would revive it. I'll definitely be getting it.

Also, nah to the talk about "the project" being related to Smash. It is definitely another game, most likely a remake.

Firox

Smash Master
AND THE BEST PART IS THAT IT'S BEING DONE BY NAMCO, SO I DON'T NEED TO WORRY IF IT'S GOOD OR NOT!
LOL You know you're a ****ty game developer when people rejoice that you aren't making your own franchise. To be fair though, Gamefreak brought it on themselves.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
There's no way the project has anything to do with Smash. TPC/Gamefreak wouldn't really be doing any of the work besides approving things and supervising the character, so it'd be beyond pompous for them to call it a project by them.

Man it's just... Not a good month to be over and done with Pokemon like I am, haha. Snap 2 is cool though.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
There's no way the project has anything to do with Smash. TPC/Gamefreak wouldn't really be doing any of the work besides approving things and supervising the character, so it'd be beyond pompous for them to call it a project by them.

Man it's just... Not a good month to be over and done with Pokemon like I am, haha. Snap 2 is cool though.
Snap 2 is the first time something Pokemon related actually got me excited in years

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord

Sure, it's not like there was some other game they were working on that came out a month before Sword and Shield that turned out to be complete garbage that had a good chunk of Gamefreak working on it, oh no.

I don't even really care about the Dex Cut, that doesn't stop the game from having a bunch of issues on my end. Stuff like the lack of dungeons or mega-linear routes that were big problems LAST GEN.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
A New Pokemon Snap game... in 2020. We truly live in a society.

Welp, there’s gonna be a “Big Project” to be revealed next week which my guess is Diamond and Pearl remakes.
Or maybe it'll be ORAS ports to Switch?

Hot take: the Grass/Fire/Water trilogy is a stupid request as Pokemon trainer already did it and the only way to make a pokemon fighter good is to get as far away from tired starter and biped pokemon as possible.
Excuse me sir, I ordered a hot take not the ****ing truth.

can you imagine making people wait for a week to reveal let's go 2

the Pokémon fanbase is going to go ape
If Sword & Shield are any indication, these braindead neanderthals will cheer and buy them up in a heartbeat regardless of their quality because "MUH NOSTALIGA" and "HEY, AT LEAST IT'S NOT KANTOOOOOOOOOO ANYMORE".

Ya'll say what you want about gamefreak, but Pokemon Snap 2 is ****ing hype!
I've never played Snap back in the day, but I know a lot of people have wanted a new game like that since forever ago, right up there with a new F-Zero game.
... hmm, you think we may actually get a new F-Zero game at this rate?

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
“There are so many reasons on why ARMS is unlikely, Springman is already an AT“.

Also, me thinking Gen 8 is a lock for FP7 has nothing to do with the presentations. Given our current track right now, its inevitable. Might as well prepare for it now to save the salt for when it actually happens.
First off we don’t actually know who the ARMS rep is and second off unlike you, I didn’t believe that spirits/ATs were ever off limits. This point makes no sense within the context of what is happening. You’re projecting hard.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Oh i am so hyped for snap 2. I loved the original and its about time we got a sequel... and it looks so good too!!

I can't believe people are expecting a smash reveal during the Pokemon direct thing next week.

THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED

Everyone always expects smash during game specific directs, but it has literally never happened once. Smash has never been shown outside a smash centric or general direct, or a special event like E3 or the Game Awards. When will people learn that this is not how it works?

Also the next Pokemon presents is over "one more big title" they're going to announce, so it's likely gen 4 remakes, meaning if we got a smash reveal it would have to relate to that somehow, which seems unlikely at best.
I mean, and i doubt this, if we had to get a gen 4 character in smash... let it be our first champeion cynthia, who fights alongside her pokemon jojo stand style

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Darkrai would be a awesome Gen 4 ghost type rep for Smash. I would like to see a ghost type Pokemon in the Smash roster as I like ghost types and we don't have them in the roster yet.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sure, it's not like there was some other game they were working on that came out a month before Sword and Shield that turned out to be complete garbage that had a good chunk of Gamefreak working on it, oh no.

I don't even really care about the Dex Cut, that doesn't stop the game from having a bunch of issues on my end.
I'm waiting to see a single garbage game. Cause I've not seen anything but perfectly acceptable games.

Even many of the games I'm not a fan of I don't see as garbage. I couldn't stand Sonic Unleashed. I won't call it a bad game either(day stages were terribly made, and Sonic controlled badly too. He controlled well in the Werehog form, and perfectly in the hub. The Tails stages were even worse than the awful day stages. Note I mean the literal stages when I say Day. The layouts were absolute ****).

It seems you need to watch DistanceKingdom’s videos. There are a lot more problems than just time and lying...
I see talk without evidence. I'm not going to search out a video for it. It's up to you to prove it alone when you say this claim. However, see my last bit, since I'm not going to reply anymore.

--------------------

I stand by what I said regardless. I don't see issues with Gamefreak beyond the lying. So I'm going to move on from this conversation. I consider them fine otherwise.

Nanami77

Banned via Warnings
First off we don’t actually know who the ARMS rep is and second off unlike you, I didn’t believe that spirits/ATs were ever off limits. This point makes no sense within the context of what is happening. You’re projecting hard.
My point was that nothing is an absolute certainty in speculation anymore.

Sorry, I didn’t want to get my hopes up, lol.

Firox

Smash Master

I don't even really care about the Dex Cut, that doesn't stop the game from having a bunch of issues on my end. Stuff like the lack of dungeons or mega-linear routes that were big problems LAST GEN.
The thing is, Gamefreak admitted to having only like 6 devs dedicated to making a mainline Pokemon game. MAINLINE POKEMON GAME. We're literally talking about the biggest multi-media franchise IN THE ****ING WORLD! The franchise is worth 92 BILLION DOLLARS and one of Nintendo's greatest cash cows and yet they apparently can't afford more resources to kick out a premiere game?! They should have an ARMY of devs working on those projects! If they spent less time making sad excuses and more time making quality, then nobody would have anything but praises to sing for them. The main issue though, is that they don't have to. The gaming industry has demonstrated that no matter how few ****s they give, people lap up Pokemon like a starving dog. They could cut the next gen down to 200 Pokes flat and people would STILL buy it hook, line and sinker. Even sadder is the fact that they don't even need to invest that much more to make the games 10/10. A short laundry list of tweaks + at least one battle-oriented game (a la Pokemon Stadium-ish) that features ALL the pokemon with ALL moves (Megas, Z-moves, etc.) is all it would take for me to have ZERO complains. Unfortunately, that's not the case.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I thought he was a ghost type. I haven't played any of the Pokemon games since Gen 4 so my Pokemon knowledge is limited only to the first 4 generations.
Typical GenFourer.......or something.

See, I would like Geno as character 7 as it would be a cute nod to his game, but more importantly because if he's 7, then everyone can finally move on sooner and officially, finally, destroy the dumb relevance and content deconfirmations arguments forever.

D

Deleted member

I'm waiting to see a single garbage game. Cause I've not seen anything but perfectly acceptable games.

Even many of the games I'm not a fan of I don't see as garbage. I couldn't stand Sonic Unleashed. I won't call it a bad game either(day stages were terribly made, and Sonic controlled badly too. He controlled well in the Werehog form, and perfectly in the hub. The Tails stages were even worse than the awful day stages. Note I mean the literal stages when I say Day. The layouts were absolute ****).

I see talk without evidence. I'm not going to search out a video for it. It's up to you to prove it alone when you say this claim. However, see my last bit, since I'm not going to reply anymore.

--------------------

I stand by what I said regardless. I don't see issues with Gamefreak beyond the lying. So I'm going to move on from this conversation. I consider them fine otherwise.
All right, since you’re too lazy to watch a single video, I’ll give you a few things I have seen in the game. When you’re on a ladder, you have powers to freeze the world. At the credits, you see a little mouse so clearly they rushed. When you battle against Hop at the Bridge, how come there is a forest background? Pokémon having the same lifeless animations from 6 years ago. It’s perfectly flawless to make 2 short hops to make a kick right? You can blindly think the games are fine, but clearly GameFreak has many issues. I’m starting to get some apologist vibes. I don’t see any reason why GF couldn’t add more time to the games and I believe Xenoblade 2 had a smaller team and got trees that don’t look like they’re from a N64 game.

Last edited by a moderator:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Typical GenFourer.......or something.

See, I would like Geno as character 7 as it would be a cute nod to his game, but more importantly because if he's 7, then everyone can finally move on sooner and officially, finally, destroy the dumb relevance and content deconfirmations arguments forever.
Geno's inclusion will be like the light destroying the darkness.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord

You say nothing is certain but then say a Pokemon character is guaranteed....

Believe me I don’t want a Pokemon character either, but don’t overblow the chances based on fear

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Darkrai would be a awesome Gen 4 ghost type rep for Smash. I would like to see a ghost type Pokemon in the Smash roster as I like ghost types and we don't have them in the roster yet.
Although Darkrai is not a ghost type, I would lose my **** with hype if he got in smash to promote gen 4 remakes. That or Deoxys. There are some classic Pokemon I would love to see.

axel_

Smash Journeyman
>Pokemon "Direct" ruins potential Smash news this week
>Smash for next week for sure
>They immediately announce they're doing a SECOND ONE next Wednesday for no reason
>Hysteria about a Shillmon being the next fighter starts up again, it probably will happen

Pokemon after Gen 5 was a mistake.
1546583881609.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Then you shouldn’t be so certain for a Pokémon rep...

Last edited by a moderator:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I reiterate my previous point. The only reason we're likely not getting the reveals this week is purely for the reason that the Sword and Shield DLC sales aren't cannibalized by Smash when it launched. Next week is much more likely since they don't have that problem. FP6 and most likely FP7 will be revealed soon, even if the release date for FP6 is on the last two days of June

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I wouldn't be completely against a Pokemon rep if they actually have a fanbase and Smash support. But if its Diet Kung-Fu Panda as a straight up shill? Nope. There are Gen 8 Pokemon they can use if they really needed to advertise this Gen more (although, why at this point) that are popular and fan favorites, like Toxictricity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom