• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I just rewatched the Banjo Presentation (because why not) and something tells me Geno might actually have a chance at fighter 7. Sakurai said the goal of the extra fighters was to please the fans, and In the Byleth presentation, he admitted he was probably only going to do one or two more initially. "I thought one or two might suffice.."

It also goes well with the timing/music takedowns and the leaked mii costumes. (on top of Number 77 fitting Geno well), Think: Rare said they talked about Banjo in smash at E3 2018 (With him being revealed E3 2019, and the Mii Costume list/music takedowns being around 1 year ago at this point), and just months before (Around 5 or so), Grant got contacted for the musical remixes he did for ultimate, which with delays, id say is about right with Cacomallow. (A couple months more because of CV, and it might take longer for mii costumes than music).

I don't know, just some thoughts I had. I also thought about the Sans costume and how Sakurai stated Sans was a popular request and that's why he wanted to add him, meaning they probably would have done the Geno costume already knowing he's been a popular pick for years seeing how easy it is to port, than make a new costume for a character. I couldn't imagine them adding Sans as a mii because he's popular, and not Geno in any form (mii or playable) even though Geno is inherently popular and they went after those picks for both base game (KRool and Ridley), along with DLC (Banjo).

I could go on and on about the other stuff too, about how Geno's costume wasn't revealed with Hero, and how Cacomallow is real and not a mod, or even how western favorites have been revealed at western events like E3, meaning Geno/#7 would fit really well but I just wanted to express my thoughts after rewatching the Banjo Presentation, and kind of assuring myself he might come. I always have doubts, so its nice to pay attention to even the small details adding up. **Its all coming together**
Not to mention Rex. Sakurai made a Rex costume because of poor timing that I think it’s safe to assume that he knew many people were anticipating on his inclusion and probably received many requests. I really don’t think they would literally hold of Geno’s costume till the end but a similar situation happened to Isaac. I mean, they had plenty of time to reveal Geno’s costume in the first Fighter’s Pass waiting like a over a full year for all fighters to come out. I don’t see why they would want to hold it off for no reason. Well, we might be very close to Geno’s fate.

Last edited by a moderator:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Whew! Thanks for the reminder guys. Good to know that the 7-11 ad doesn't rule out the possibility of CP 6 possibly getting the reveal this week (hopefully). :) Stumbled yet upon another interesting tweet; this one related to the rumored Super Mario remakes.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

EDIT: Ignore the tweet. It seems the whole PlayAsia listing is fake. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Lagguino

Smash Apprentice
On a cloud with some kid to defeat the Red Ribbon
Whew! Thanks for the reminder guys. Good to know that the 7-11 ad doesn't rule out the possibility of CP 6 possibly getting the reveal this week (hopefully). :) Stumbled yet upon another interesting tweet; this one related to the rumored Super Mario remakes.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

EDIT: Ignore the tweet. It seems the whole PlayAsia listing is fake. :facepalm:
Kinda find it funny that they tagged D1......one of the most popular smash commentators. (Also he wants geno so he's kinda on our side)

Btw im just pointing it out im not trying to imply anything.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
TBH I was half-memeing, but if Pokemon does delay actually important news for another week, I will be pretty livid.
I could see this. Didn't Nintendo wait until Animal Crossing came out before giving more info on other games?

Pokemon DLC launches Wednesday. Maybe we will hear something on Thursday?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I could see this. Didn't Nintendo wait until Animal Crossing came out before giving more info on other games?
What other games? *smirk*

AC was all they have had, and it was a new game launch, so it makes sense they wanted to hardcore push and focus on it. Pokemon, it's DLC. It's not gonna push sales of the original and the people who were gonna buy it will still buy it regardless, and everyone else isn't going to, regardless how much room they give it.

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
Not to mention Rex. Sakurai made a Rex costume because of poor timing that I think it’s safe to assume that he knew many people were anticipating on his inclusion and probably received many requests. I really don’t think they would literally hold of Geno’s costume till the end but a similar situation happened to Isaac. I mean, they had plenty of time to reveal Geno’s costume in the first Fighter’s Pass waiting like a over a full year for all fighters to come out. I don’t see why they would want to hold it off for no reason. Well, we might be very close to Geno’s fate.
I completely agree. Also I forgot to mention my little "Rant" was inspired by the list Polarthief Polarthief put out back in February, which goes into great detail on alot of the missed aspects I "glazed" over because we've known about this for a long time now at this point. They give reasoning behind a lot of it too. I tried to tie my own speculation into me watching the Banjo presentation (which I did do for the record), and possibly some topic of discussion on why Geno in my opinion might be #7. We already have a strong case on why he could be a character in Ultimate (various evidence, look at Polarthief Polarthief 's list) but I think a lot of the talk around #7 could be a better fit case for Geno if we really look into it (i.e Sakurai stating in September, additional fighters were about pleasing the fans, and only 1 or 2 more were going to be added to start out with) which does seem like a pretty valid argument if you ask me. Just an interesting topic of conversation.

Last edited:

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
What other games? *smirk*

AC was all they have had, and it was a new game launch, so it makes sense they wanted to hardcore push and focus on it. Pokemon, it's DLC. It's not gonna push sales of the original and the people who were gonna buy it will still buy it regardless, and everyone else isn't going to, regardless how much room they give it.
Hmm... Maybe. I think they either A.) Got out of Sony's way last week, B.) Want people to "spend their money on Pokemon before seeing what else they have to offer, or C.) Both.

Just my thoughts. Feels like Pokemon and the random Paper Mario stuff is all that they will even acknowledge.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
by the list Polarthief Polarthief put out
uwu~

(various evidence, look at Polarthief Polarthief 's list)
The very rare uwu~ x2.

Also as for the rest of your post, we're getting him. As Shulk would say, I'M REALLY FEELING IT.

Hmm... Maybe. I think they either A.) Got out of Sony's way last week, B.) Want people to "spend their money on Pokemon before seeing what else they have to offer, or C.) Both.

Just my thoughts. Feels like Pokemon and the random Paper Mario stuff is all that they will even acknowledge.
I mean, for whatever reason they don't want to announce games and stuff. I still think whoever is buying the Pokemon DLC, vast majority have already bought it, other people waiting for it to come out. I don't think showing off other stuff is going to affect that for people, unless they're really strapped for cash.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Honestly... The Pokemon 7/11 ad is just par the course for this year. I keep telling people that Nintendo is going above and beyond to keep the contents of this year's E3 secret, especially with the sheer amount of Nintendo stuff that leaked in general last year. I think people often forget that ALL the big E3 Smash announcements since 2013 have leaked (except Everyone is Here but Snake and the Ice Climbers still leaked so...) and Nintendo's probably pretty fed up at this point. There's arguably been dog whistles but it's significantly less than last year with only a fraction of the people taking notice of them. This is also why I'm like:

download (7).jpeg

when people suggest we're only getting one or even two reveals because Nintendo's never worked this hard to keep Smash at E3 a secret. Think about how much effort Nintendo put into keeping Byleth and Season 2 being 6 packs a secret and realize they're applying that much effort to what's historically their biggest presentation of the year and why I keep telling people "guys... It's okay to be kind of hype this year."

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Honestly... The Pokemon 7/11 ad is just par the course for this year. I keep telling people that Nintendo is going above and beyond to keep the contents of this year's E3 secret, especially with the sheer amount of Nintendo stuff that leaked in general last year. I think people often forget that ALL the big E3 Smash announcements since 2013 have leaked (except Everyone is Here but Snake and the Ice Climbers still leaked so...) and Nintendo's probably pretty fed up at this point. There's arguably been dog whistles but it's significantly less than last year with only a fraction of the people taking notice of them. This is also why I'm like:

View attachment 274727

when people suggest we're only getting one or even two reveals because Nintendo's never worked this hard to keep Smash at E3 a secret. Think about how much effort Nintendo put into keeping Byleth and Season 2 being 6 packs a secret and realize they're applying that much effort to what's historically their biggest presentation of the year and why I keep telling people "guys... It's okay to be kind of hype this year."
I doubt it will all be smash though. Nintendo's only gonna pull one big e3 moment. Anything else is wishful thinking. They really don't give a f&(*k about the other two corps releasing their new machines.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I doubt it will all be smash though. Nintendo's only gonna pull one big e3 moment. Anything else is wishful thinking. They really don't give a f&(*k about the other two corps releasing their new machines.
It won't be and that's what I'm saying. As a schmo who knew about Banjo and Breath of the Wild 2 several months out, the playing field is much different this year and anybody who has been too upfront with hints has been hard smacked down. Outside of Smash, there's pretty good odds of at least two megaton announcements that don't relate to Mario so I'm kind of surprised so many people have borderline zero expectations for Nintendo to announce anything hype worthy this year.

MattX20

Smash Hero
It won't be and that's what I'm saying. As a schmo who knew about Banjo and Breath of the Wild 2 several months out, the playing field is much different this year and anybody who has been too upfront with hints has been hard smacked down. Outside of Smash, there's pretty good odds of at least two megaton announcements that don't relate to Mario so I'm kind of surprised so many people have borderline zero expectations for Nintendo to announce anything hype worthy this year.
I'm just hoping the wait isn't too much longer. At this point, even 2 reveals would be enough, but 3 would be welcomed if they could still pull it off

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
To be fair, the year is half way done (thank God), and Nintendo has been very.....not hype with their news, as little news as its been. This extends to last year with the Game Awards and Nintendo did nothing. So even before the virus, Nintendo has been dragging their feet on releasing updates and news. If they really are sitting on game changing reveals all this time, then what's the hold-up? What's the end goal of actually showing it? What are they waiting for?

E3 is gone, they will not get the opportunity to have a big crowd event to showcase this stuff to maximize hype. And if they keep acting wishy-washy with the reveals, eventually people won't care, especially with two new systems coming out.

I'm sorry,, but the longer they drag this out, the more I get the feeling that they need to put up or shut up.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
while i can believe that nintendo's got some **** planned, i feel like i need to raise the question: just when exactly would these announcements come then? they seem to have ditched directs for the time being, so when would they do it? would they pull a paper mario with their non-smash stuff? would they reveal the next fighters in the arms presentation?

i'm not even trying to disprove fatman's claims, i am genuinely curious about this

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Watch Nintendo reveal a new F-Zero and Golden Sun durring summer , while the internet explode.

For real , I agree with you , they must have something big to show. Paper Mario is a decently big deal , but it's also in a weird state where it was shadow dropped.
Then again , it's Nintendo , they could hype up Pikmin 3 Deluxe as the big game of the summer.

JudgeHeihachi

Smash Apprentice
That begs the question. If only 1-2 characters were planned originally, then what about the rest of the "missing" mii costumes? We're missing Chocobo, Geno, Heihachi, Lloyd, Gil, Rathalos, and Hunter. All those indicate 3 companies, but originally the plan was to just have 1-2 characters as a bonus. If we only ended up getting 1 fighter, would they just cram all the remaining Mii costumes into there? Or would they just not bother with bringing them back, and focus on creating new costumes based on the series of that character.

A new Namco character feels inevitable (90%+ likely) at this point, they're missing 3 costumes from 3 entirely different series. If they got no character, then they could have just moved Heihachi to the Terry mii costumes. Heihachi or Lloyd make sense, but it could end up being someone completely different. Capcom and Square, I'm a little bit mixed on both of them.

Capcom: We're missing 2 costumes, but in the end it's just 1 series. Resident Evil is one of their biggest series, but they were fine with them getting spirited. Monster Hunter had an assist in base, but I don't really think that counts them out anymore. So really, we have Monster Hunter, DMC, and Phoenix Wright as their biggest potential series at this point. There are also smaller but inactive/unrequested series like Okami, Darkstalkers, and Viewtiful Joe. However, I could see the Monster Hunter costumes return with another companies character, and DMC and AA get spirited.

Square-Enix: I think a rep from them is pretty likely (not as much as Bamco, but more then Capcom). The DQ costumes didn't contain Chocobo/Geno, which is a big omission. However, as others have brought up; we did only end up getting DQ/Enix costumes alongside Hero, which may explain the lack of Square costumes (perhaps the 2 sides of the company are distinct from each other like Activision Blizzard). Due to all the things supporting him, Geno is the front-runner here, but the competition is pretty fierce comparatively to Capcom/Bamco. You have characters like Sephiroth, Tifa, Lara Croft, 2B, BD characters, and a potential Sora. Again, I lean on a playable Square character but a potential costume/costumes coming in with another Square Rep could change things completely.

I've heard people say that Square will not pair up their own property with other 3rd party characters; but I don't actually know where it came from? Sure, it hasn't happened yet, but we've only ever had 2 Square characters; which really isn't enough evidence to throw out the idea completely. I do think it's unlikely, but getting a Square costume with a Namco/Nintendo/Capcom character is completely within the realm of possibility. That said, I still thinking getting another Square fighter is more likely then them getting costumed alongside a different companies character.

Yeah this too. If let's say ARMS was character 6 and Lloyd/Heihachi were character 7, then the we should have had all the mii costumes in by then; obviously things changed since then, but if that were the case it's possible that something like the ARMS fighter was originally going to be a large pack of missing costumes.

However, this depends on the assumption that the first characters that are negotiated for end up coming first in the fighters pass. It's also possible that they get the rights to the character/content of each company first and then decide on the order of release later (meaning that there's a sick twisted timeline where Geno ends up as fighter 11 instead of 7 or 8). However, with ARMS being 1st party; it also messes with the rule a bit, it's possible that the 1-2 bonus characters would always contain ARMS + 1 more.

Since both Byleth and Banjo Kazooie (two heavily Nintendo associated characters) contained 0 costumes from their own series, but rather costumes from random 3rd/1st party titles; it's completely possible the ARMS character has costumes completely unrelated mii costumes and potentially even some returning costumes (hopefully not Geno).

EDIT: Another potential thing that struck me while I was writing this is that Sakurai just said that "Originally, 1-2 more characters were planned". But he never states that he had a clear idea of who those characters were at the time, it may have been a situation where he agreed to work on more characters, but the characters themselves were not planned at the time. Even if he knew those 2 characters and 1 of them was from ARMS, wouldn't it make more sense for the 2nd character to be Rex and Pyra compared to Geno/Bamco. Sakurai did say that he wanted ARMS and Rex in base, and with ARMS being 1 of those characters there's more precedence for Rex being the 2nd one. While I dislike Rex, he was definitely more requested then an ARMS character and is one of the most requested "promotions" especially in Japan. I doubt that the order of release is the order they get the rights to a character, but if it is that could mean that Rex is potentially character 7.
I'm also beginning to lean on it being the more likely scenario that no Capcom character will be featured in this Fighters Pass. So far the returning Capcom Mii costumes have only appeared as filler for characters that didn't bring any Mii costumes from their own series themselves. With the ARMS character approaching and two ARMS costumes already being present in the game I think ARMS is in a similar situation to just get some random Mii Costume selection thrown alongside it.
And from the pile of costumes that could get used we only have the other 2 Capcom costumes, the 2 Square costumes and the 3 Namco costumes left. The lack of Square costumes was kinda weird and the Namco costumes were conveniently missing at places where they would have fit making me assume there will be something further down the line for them.
So if we even get some of the old costumes back along the ARMS character the Capcom ones seem the most likely to me.
But if all the Capcom costumes return without the announcement of a new Capcom character that also makes me doubt we'll see one in this Fighter Pass at all. I could understand throwing out 4 out of the 6 old costumes prematurely to not have a too convoluted mii section along the actual character. But having all of them out of the way and not any of them part of the fabled Capcom character release itself makes me write one off the same way another Sega character was written off due to all of their costumes returning.
Granted we have 6 occasions for the old costumes to return and the costumes would only require 3-4 placements if they continue coming in pairs, so the ARMS character might be one of those few who does not release with any returning costumes among it. The game might already have Springman and Ribbon Girl as ARMS costumes but the game has so many characters to choose costumes from that they could easily fill them without the need of old costumes. For example 2 additional ARMS costumes, 2 new from a random series and 1 premium costume could easily happen too. But it's still something I would keep an eye on in the upcoming presentation this month.
Also I'd personally like a Capcom character to happen like Dante or a Resident Evil character (that Spirit Event still burns) but Capcom also isn't exactly starving of Smash reps compared to other 3rd parties, so realistically speaking I tend to think Capcom will stay at 3 reps. Currently I'm at 60% that we will not get another one and if those costumes return I'll think there is a 90% chance that Ken really was the last one.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I personally don't think we are in for another Capcom character. I feel if their were to be one, the Capcom Mii Outfits would have been saved for the Capcom character.

Polarthief

Smash Lord

View attachment 274727

If only they'd show them. They would have by the 11th if E3 was still on. Each day they delay the news, they risk stuff being leaked. I'm just getting fed up with the silence. It's making me anti-hype. I just wanna be done already. The longer it goes on, the more pissed off I am instead of hyped til instead of "oh okay, cool, the E3 news!", it'll be "ah ****in' finally, the E3 news! >:C".

That said though, I am more and more convinced each day that we're getting 3 reveals because I don't think the ARMS rep was intended to be a half-reveal in March. Corona or the balancing or whatever caused that. I think their plan was always to have 2 full reveals at E3, so this year we'll be getting 2.5 to fix March not giving us a full one. Also as one final "Inb4 E3 leaks/reveals", I'm thinking it's Geno for 7 and Crash for 8 since Crash has been mysteriously missing everywhere. What's also really odd about this pairing at E3 would be Eastern/Squeenix JRPG character and Western-made Animal-character Platformer just like last year.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I'm also beginning to lean on it being more the more likely scenario that no Capcom character will be featured in this Fighters Pass. So far the returning Capcom Mii costumes have only appeared as filler for characters that didn't bring any Mii costumes from their own series themselves. With the ARMS character approaching and two ARMS costumes already being present in the game I think ARMS is in a similar situation to just get some random Mii Costume selection thrown alongside it.
And from the pile of costumes that could get used we only have the other 2 Capcom costumes, the 2 Square costumes and the 3 Namco costumes left. The lack of Square costumes was kinda weird and the Namco costumes were conveniently missing at places where they would have fit making me assume there will be something further down the line for them.
So if we even get some of the old costumes back along the ARMS character the Capcom ones seem the most likely to me.
But if all the Capcom costumes return without the announcement of a new Capcom character that also makes me doubt we'll see one in this Fighter Pass at all. I could understand throwing out 4 out of the 6 old costumes prematurely to not have a too convoluted mii section along the actual character. But having all of them out of the way and not any of them part of the fabled Capcom character release itself makes me write one off the same way another Sega character was written off due to all of their costumes returning.
Granted we have 6 occasions for the old costumes to return and the costumes would only require 3-4 placements if they continue coming in pairs, so the ARMS character might be one of those few who does not release with any returning costumes among it. The game might already have Springman and Ribbon Girl as ARMS costumes but the game has so many characters to choose costumes from that they could easily fill them without the need of old costumes. For example 2 additional ARMS costumes, 2 new from a random series and 1 premium costume could easily happen too. But it's still something I would keep an eye on in the upcoming presentation this month.
Also I'd personally like a Capcom character to happen like Dante or a Resident Evil character (that Spirit Event still burns) but Capcom also isn't exactly starving of Smash reps compared to other 3rd parties, so realistically speaking I tend to think Capcom will stay at 3 reps. Currently I'm at 60% that we will not get another one and if those costumes return I'll think there is a 90% chance that Ken really was the last one.
A possible, but sadly no proof other than speculation, alternative is that there could be new Capcom costumes released with a Capcom rep.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I personally don't think we are in for another Capcom character. I feel if their were to be one, the Capcom Mii Outfits would have been saved for the Capcom character.
Yeah, people expecting Dante are probs gonna be sadpandas I feel. I'm personally thinking:

- 1 Nintendo (ARMS)
- 1 Namco (Lloyd/Heihachi, with like a 65:35 in Lloyd's favor)
- 1 of either of the above (Nintendo most likely to double-dip, but if any 3rd party deserves 2, it would be Namco for being a major company involved in Sm4sh and Ultimate, and they didn't get an FP1 rep) (Heihachi/Lloyd or Waluigi)
- 1 Squeenix (Geno, duh)
- 1 Activision (Crash)
- 1 ????? (no clue. It could be Ubisoft/Rayman, Microsoft/Steve or MC, hell they could even go with another AT promotion like Isaac. It could also be a secret company no one was thinking about; maybe even another Nintendo rep like Porky? I really don't know)

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
If you take all the rosters, base and DLC, additions as separate waves, would the start of pass 2 actually be the first time they started with a (subjective) not as hype character? Usually its big or shocking names to start off a wave (Mario, Peach, Snake, Villager, Megaman, Mewto/Ryu, Ridley, Joker) only to end on a......less than hype pick. So has Nintendo finally decided to flip it? Will we actually see a big name for the end of this pass? Cause right now, with their history for end reveals, number 12 is already viewed as a disappointment.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Yeah, people expecting Dante are probs gonna be sadpandas I feel. I'm personally thinking:

- 1 Nintendo (ARMS)
- 1 Namco (Lloyd/Heihachi, with like a 65:35 in Lloyd's favor)
- 1 of either of the above (Nintendo most likely to double-dip, but if any 3rd party deserves 2, it would be Namco for being a major company involved in Sm4sh and Ultimate, and they didn't get an FP1 rep) (Heihachi/Lloyd or Waluigi)
- 1 Squeenix (Geno, duh)
- 1 Activision (Crash)
- 1 ????? (no clue. It could be Ubisoft/Rayman, Microsoft/Steve or MC, hell they could even go with another AT promotion like Isaac. It could also be a secret company no one was thinking about; maybe even another Nintendo rep like Porky? I really don't know)
Yeah these are pretty much my predictions too, except I would also add Arc System Works as a potential company to get a rep as well.

JudgeHeihachi

Smash Apprentice
While it is true that in most cases costumes from the same company have not been released until a character from that company was revealed for DLC, there was one major exception:
The Virtua Fighter costumes released alongside Ryu long before we got Bayonetta, the Sega character of the Smash 4 DLC cycle.
So in theory it would still be possible for a Capcom chracter to happen unless it was just a one time thing due to Sakurai liking fighting game character integrity.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
While it is true that in most cases costumes from the same company have not been released until a character from that company was revealed for DLC, there was one major exception:
The Virtua Fighter costumes released alongside Ryu long before we got Bayonetta, the Sega character of the Smash 4 DLC cycle.
So in theory it would still be possible for a Capcom chracter to happen unless it was just a one time thing due to Sakurai liking fighting game character integrity.
Well supposedly Bayonetta won the ballot, so a Sega character wasn't always planned as DLC.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Well supposedly Bayonetta won the ballot, so a Sega character wasn't always planned as DLC.
This is a common misconception but Bayonetta was in the game files WAY before the ballot even started. She didn't "win" any ballot. The ballot was entirely for Ultimate.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I'm also beginning to lean on it being the more likely scenario that no Capcom character will be featured in this Fighters Pass. So far the returning Capcom Mii costumes have only appeared as filler for characters that didn't bring any Mii costumes from their own series themselves. With the ARMS character approaching and two ARMS costumes already being present in the game I think ARMS is in a similar situation to just get some random Mii Costume selection thrown alongside it.
This. I'll go one further and predict that the remaining two Capcom costumes will be released alongside the ARMS Fighter, since I honestly have a hard time believing that they'll come with a full set of ARMS or Nintendo costumes exclusively.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
The Smash ballot was for Ultimate planning. Bayonetta had nothing to do nor was affected by the ballot. That was just a "fortunate" result to plug in for Bayonetta. (Though I would love to see the actual results since I just kinda don't believe it, personally. I know Nintendo has never stretched anything before....)

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I still stand by the idea that if they said that Cloud won the ballot, there would only be a fraction of the people claiming shenanigans.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
The Smash ballot was for Ultimate planning. Bayonetta had nothing to do nor was affected by the ballot. That was just a "fortunate" result to plug in for Bayonetta. (Though I would love to see the actual results.)
They said she "won" the ballot though, right? I wouldn't be surprised if that was to intentionally throw us off and make us think it was purely for Sm4sh DLC.

I think it'd be great if they posted the ballot results after Ultimate is 100% completely "done". After FP2 finishes, any potential bonuses released, and there's for sure no FP3 or additional DLC on the way.

... since they'd probably need a new ballot for Smash 6 anyway, right? All those votes for Ridley, Geno, King K. Rool, etc would probably go to a different character now that they're all in.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Yes, they did say that and I suppose that she did do that. I just admit even hearing those results ... I still, personally mind you, don't know if I believe that she was the number one vote for a Smash fighter. It just kinda seems, off to me.

But if you are to take them for the word and she did indeed get the most votes, then it was a "happy" accident that happened so they can plug in that she won when released to add "weight" to it though we all know she was in development WAY BEFORE the ballot existed.

Side note: I don't condone corporate espionage but I wouldn't mind if someone getting ahold of the actual ballot results ... lol.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
They will never release the ballot data as the inevitable ****storm that result from it will drive them insane. They placed an exception asterisk by Bayonetta's name, clearly indicating that she didn't unanimously won. There could be characters ahead of her, veterans like Snake and Wolf, confirmed ballot popular characters like K Rool.

And what if there's a very popular video game character high on the list that they skipped and didn't add them in any form, not even a spirit? What's that say? 'So we heard the fans speak and the majority of requests want this popular game character. We decided, screw you, you're not our supervisor. Here's Pink Gold Marth.'

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What they said was Bayonetta had the highest results in Europe(1st) and top 5 in the US among realizable characters.

They didn't actually say she was chosen due to the ballot. It was implied at best.

Even then, I don't see any reason to believe they were lying, and I'd rather they say the truth than lie to make themselves look better. She's niche, but still a mad popular character. Worth noting they never posted the JP results either.

Also, we got a lot of popular characters as Mii costumes, with some likely being due to the ballot itself.

D

Deleted member

They will never release the ballot data as the inevitable ****storm that result from it will drive them insane. They placed an exception asterisk by Bayonetta's name, clearly indicating that she didn't unanimously won. There could be characters ahead of her, veterans like Snake and Wolf, confirmed ballot popular characters like K Rool.

And what if there's a very popular video game character high on the list that they skipped and didn't add them in any form, not even a spirit? What's that say? 'So we heard the fans speak and the majority of requests want this popular game character. We decided, screw you, you're not our supervisor. Here's Pink Gold Marth.'
Ah yes, after 6 months of ballot voting, they gave us a character that has nothing to do with the ballot at all from an already over represented series as a marketing tool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
This. I'll go one further and predict that the remaining two Capcom costumes will be released alongside the ARMS Fighter, since I honestly have a hard time believing that they'll come with a full set of ARMS or Nintendo costumes exclusively.
ya'lls sentiment is where I've been settling into since the march reveal. The moment we see the MH duo show up even if its not with ARMS I'm going to drop capcom from my predictions for the foreseeable future

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Even then, I don't see any reason to believe they were lying, and I'd rather they say the truth than lie to make themselves look better.
I don't think anyone was implying they lied for malicious reasons, but rather, it could have been to conceal that they were working on a new Smash game (which we now know is true with Ultimate) and the ballot was instead for Sm4sh DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom