• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
And the last milestone before Geno is potentially revealed is reached. Welp, there's nothing left to do now but wait
Well there is page 3000 we could surpass. But honestly, we are the biggest character support thread in Smashboards history so we really don't need that. The only real milestone left for Geno is to become playable and I strongly believe he will before we reach page 3000.
I'm being serious when I say this, I'm betting it'll either be Crash or Geno if we get multiple character reveals. Crash has the all-around popularity of Mega Man and Pac-Man while Geno has the Banjo and Ridley levels of fanservice popularity. Wouldn't surprise me if we got both announced as #7 and #8 respectively.
Imagine if both Geno and Crash get announced along with Min Min. Dear lord that would be insane.

D

Deleted member

While three reveals would be quite awesome, I feel confident saying we are just getting two.

Seems too soon for three.

GodzillaGuy64

Smash Apprentice
Some wholesome news for y'all. Operation Starfall has met their goal for Starlight Children's Foundation!
And just in time for Geno's reveal as well!

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Yep. Let me see:

Crash Bandicoot
Master Chief
Spyro
Rayman
Lara Croft
Kratos
Ezio Auditore
Doom Slayer
Steve
Big Daddy

Who else?
Dragonborn
Tracer (uneasy on this one)
Thrall
Booker DeWitt (A Bioshock protagonist seems more likely than Big Daddy)
Corvo Attano
Geralt of Rivia (a very strange case, depends on Sakurai views him. His and Ciri's appearence in Daemon X Machina makes things very interesting)

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
And the last milestone before Geno is potentially revealed is reached. Welp, there's nothing left to do now but wait
You fool, there is plenty to do!

Anxiously wait as you begin to spiral out of control from losing your sanity while at times you are on the ground in the fetal position sweating and panting since Nintendo's deafening silence pounds into your head knowing they hold the holy grail of potential good news for the fighter's pass roster to break the final fan rules.

That or read a book.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Some wholesome news for y'all. Operation Starfall has met their goal for Starlight Children's Foundation!
My God! I believe the stars are actually aligning.

QQS

Smash Lord
OK Geno gang, I've been cooking up some memes as of late because I have pretty much nothing to do. Remember that our journey is almost over- whether you've been with us for days, weeks, months, years or even over a decade, the time is nigh for our boy to join. In the immortal words of TerminalMontage: "He's gonna be in."
hahaha amazing! Cheers for Geno!

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
I just wanted to bring this up as we approach what may finally be our Nintendo news blowout. Markomaro said this back on May 30th that Paper Mario TOK would be getting more news this week along with possibly other games.
I know his track record isn’t perfect(predicted Paper Mario 64 Remake) and at this point nothing is going to matter, but I just thought it was worth mentioning.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
As it turns out, a user double-posted, so with that post deleted, post #111,111 is now (in a funny coincidence) MisterMike MisterMike being disappointed that someone else got post #111,111.

Last edited:

RageCage271

Smash Cadet
Holy Users Who Are Viewing This Thread, Batman!

Also, it's so cool that the donation goal was reached :)

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I just wanted to bring this up as we approach what may finally be our Nintendo news blowout. Markomaro said this back on May 30th that Paper Mario TOK would be getting more news this week along with possibly other games.
I know his track record isn’t perfect(predicted Paper Mario 64 Remake) and at this point nothing is going to matter, but I just thought it was worth mentioning.
I hope one of the announcements he is referring to is Smash. I don't mean to sound impatient, but I don't really want to wait until the very last week of June to find out who this ARMS rep is and hopefully the reveal of CP7. Considering this week was supposed to be E3 week, I really do feel Nintendo will have quite a ton of announcements this week, including Smash

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
As it turns out, a user double-posted, so with that post deleted, post #111,111 is now (in a funny coincidence) MisterMike MisterMike being disappointed that someone else got post #111,111.
Hey hey hey, MisterMike MisterMike you did it, but also waisted it unintentionally!

Amazing times.
Wrestling ring announcer/ Megadoomer Megadoomer : Andwooooo Andwooooo is disqualifed for double posting. There for the winner of the #111,111 championship is MisterMike MisterMike . The winner and the new #111,111 champion Mister Mike!

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I had once gotten the 100,000th post, only for the claim to be retroactively taken from me, but now the opposite has occoured in my favor for the 111,111th post.
Ironic.gif

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
It's amazing we've come so far in just 3 years.
GenoTheresASayingILike.png

There's a saying I like: "One character keeps another off the roster." Sometimes, the threat of disconfirmation alone is a deterrent. Sometimes, by disconfirming a character, others can make in. It's the code the Sakurai lived by...

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I really hope we're right about it this time. I really do. Been waiting for Geno for 12 years, almost half my life.

Firox

Smash Master
Ya know, between this and all the other positivity going on in here, I'm feeling really good for Geno right now. I'm thinkin' this is it, guys. After more than a decade, I think our time is just about here.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
This thread is already pretty busy right now due to "not E3" week but I bet it will get pretty crazy once we get some Smash announcement for an announcement.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Geno: Hey, sorry for the delay, I got a little lost. I brought chips, though.

Mario: You got a lit- Geno, we sent your invitation in 1999.

Geno: I said I brought c h i p s.

Firox

Smash Master
This thread is already pretty busy right now due to "not E3" week but I bet it will get pretty crazy once we get some Smash announcement for an announcement.
Dude, the second Nintendo actually drops an announcement of an announcement, people are gonna lose their ****. It's been way too long since we've had something to hype our brains out over. All Nintendo has to do now is drop a match on this powder keg...

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
D6D0BA82-46A4-4364-82C7-A822FA9F1675.jpeg

I ordered the official Geno keychain from someone in Japan last week using a proxy and honestly got him for a really good price. I expected to get him two weeks from now because of international shipping and all that jazz, but I was shocked to see that he arrived today!

I think it’s a sign everyone. Our boy’s coming. Maybe then I can finally see Banjo and Kazooie and Geno duke it out on the battlefield, but for now we’ll just have to wait and see. Bring our boy home Sakurai!

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
You know, while I do want Geno, and I am still pushing for an indie rep, there is 1 thing I hope for the most this pass: A female fighter who isn't just an alt. I really hope that this happens. I don't want a female for female sakes, I think it would be good as a whole to get that representation as dlc.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
When I see a photo like that, it makes my desire to complete my "The Impossibles" display of Ridley, K Rool, Banjo (waiting for release) and ... Senior Puppet. Let the dream be real Nintendo!

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
View attachment 274187
I ordered the official Geno keychain from someone in Japan last week using a proxy and honestly got him for a really good price. I expected to get him two weeks from now because of international shipping and all that jazz, but I was shocked to see that he arrived today!

I think it’s a sign everyone. Our boy’s coming. Maybe then I can finally see Banjo and Kazooie and Geno duke it out on the battlefield, but for now we’ll just have to wait and see. Bring our boy home Sakurai!
That reminds me: the Smash news may also reveal the DLC amiibos.......that they will release over a period of 4 years because shut up.

GodzillaGuy64

Smash Apprentice
When I see a photo like that, it makes my desire to complete my "The Impossibles" display of Ridley, K Rool, Banjo (waiting for release) and ... Senior Puppet. Let the dream be real Nintendo!
It'll be such a surreal moment once I take that capture in Ultimate. Ridley, King K. Rool, Banjo and Kazooie, and Geno on Battlefield.

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
I could honestly see that happening. If you really sit and think about it, Western is the next frontier for major third party icons because Smash kind of already has almost all the really big Japanese ones. You got SEGA, Konami, Capcom, Namco, Square Enix, and SNK and then you even have some of the biggest "secondary" Japanese third parties in the form of Platinum, Atlus, and Armor Project. That's 9 third parties already and all of them have reasonable presence on at least two major company consoles and have for years. That's why I think for the remaining "big" icons that they're going to go Western and you have four that practically dominate the market with notable character driven franchises: Bethesda, Microsoft, Activision/Blizzard, and Ubisoft. Microsoft is, well, Microsoft and Activision/Blizzard is the biggest Western developer in the world but revenue, more reasons why I think these two would be at the front of the line.
I remember when Nintendo/Sakurai negotiated with Microsoft they said that despite the language barrier, it was a rather easy deal to make. I'm hoping that opens up Nintendo of Japan's minds a little more on working with Western developers and make them want to dig deeper into other developers like Activision; I mean it just seems like the best logistical step for them.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
First and foremost, thank you everyone who has helped us get to where we are with the Children's Foundation campaign. We had some pretty unfortunate luck with COVID and what's been going on the past few weeks so I scaled back pushing it to let those causes flourish and not make it look like we were stepping on equally important causes. Although I wanted to make sure we saw this thing until the very end. I really appreciate it.

Also I know we talked about potential songs in the event BestGuyEver makes a Geno video, but there is one I haven't mentioned and I want to now throw my hat in the ring for it.

George Harrison has and will always been my all time favorite member of The Beatles and this is an example of why I think some of his music really does stand out to me more than anything else. According to George, the lyrics in this song was "to praise of the Hindu god Krishna while intending the lyrics as a call to abandon religious sectarianism through his blending of the Hebrew word hallelujah with chants of "Hare Krishna" and Vedic prayer."

The very concept of this fits in what it has been like to want someone like Geno in Smash Bros. The Smash Speculation thing has a tendency of championing a specific character and viewing DLC slots as an "Us vs Them" type of atmosphere when we should truly be looking to just support the game while rooting for our favorites along the way. We've been waiting for him for a very long time, but in the event that Geno doesn't get in, I still want to see others become ecstatic when someone they love makes the cut. The same way Ridley fans, K.Rool fans or Banjo fans were able celebrate and react to their character's announcement. I can't imagine a better song that really highlights the journey of Geno better than this one.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You know, while I do want Geno, and I am still pushing for an indie rep, there is 1 thing I hope for the most this pass: A female fighter who isn't just an alt. I really hope that this happens. I don't want a female for female sakes, I think it would be good as a whole to get that representation as dlc.
If not Shantae, I believe the most likely female rep could get is Elma from Xenoblade X.

It'll be such a surreal moment once I take that capture in Ultimate. Ridley, King K. Rool, Banjo and Kazooie, and Geno on Battlefield.
It would have been better if Isaac could join them. It would be even more surreal to see the "Big 5" together.

First and foremost, thank you everyone who has helped us get to where we are with the Children's Foundation campaign. We had some pretty unfortunate luck with COVID and what's been going on the past few weeks so I scaled back pushing it to let those causes flourish and not make it look like we were stepping on equally important causes. Although I wanted to make sure we saw this thing until the very end. I really appreciate it.

Also I know we talked about potential songs in the event BestGuyEver makes a Geno video, but there is one I haven't mentioned and I want to now throw my hat in the ring for it.

This song really is BestGuyEver material.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Why not both? Perhaps there's such an indie character who is both female and has enough popularity and legacy to make it in Smash without seeming like she were shoehorned in? Though given the field of indie characters, that seems like a pretty harsh choice to make. I wonder who would be able to dance through this danger?

bodyswapPromo_shovelKnight_630x473.png.jpeg

Last edited:

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
Yoooo.. if we get a combo Geno Reveal for Smash along with his inclusion in Paper Mario:TOK, I will flip my ish!! Geno reintroduced into the Mario Family as a recurring character across all the entire franchise of titles would be a DREAM.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Why not both? Perhaps there's such an indie character who is both female and has enough popularity and legacy to make it in Smash without seeming like she were shoehorned in? Though given the field of indie characters, that seems like a pretty harsh choice to make. I wonder who would be able to dance through this danger?

Shantae has class though, but Shovel Knight does too. Why you have to bash my girl Shantae man?

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Geno: Hey, sorry for the delay, I got a little lost. I brought chips, though.

Mario: You got a lit- Geno, we sent your invitation in 1999.

Geno: I said I brought c h i p s.
Now in comic form!
GenoChips.png

Shantae has class though, but Shovel Knight does too. Why you have to bash my girl Shantae man?
Wasn't trying to do that, sorry if I came off that way. Honestly, either Shantae or Shovel Knight would be great additions as the "Indie Rep" for Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom