• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I've got time to kill, might as well post my prediction list and overly explain it as well.

April Predictions.png

• Isn't this just Fatman's prediction list?
I guess it is, isn't it? I take everything he says with a massive grain of salt, but what can I say, I notice we tend to think the same way about these kinds of things. This would be my predictions regardless of anything he's said.

• ARMS : Well, I did have "Random First-Party Pick" as one of the three characters in the "Mystery Box" Slot of my Original Prediction List, and that sure got filled in quickly didn't it? I have no real guesses on who the character is other than that it's almost certainly an upgrade, but there is a lot about the slot itself to think about. We were right on the money with the "Nintendo puts themselves first" idea it seems, but I think people are taking this as a sign of what the whole pass will be like, and I think that's jumping the gun quite a bit. We don't even know WHO the character is yet or why Nintendo chose to put them in. I'm sticking with the idea that "The character was chosen early-mid 2019, Nintendo wanted a character from a popular first-party Switch game to start the pass, and ARMS just so happens to be the best selling Switch game without a character in Smash at the time. 2 million is nothing to scoff at and it DID outsell Xenoblade 2. I don't personally see another first-party character in the pass, and certainly not more than two.
  • Geno : You're in the Geno thread, you probably already know why I think he's in.
  • Dante : Nintendo is pushing the series and it's on a big comeback, especially around last year when characters were being chosen for this Pass. Only real competition I suppose is Monster Hunter but I see both Nintendo and especially Sakurai picking Dante over them.
  • Namco Rep : Weird. On one hand I feel like if Nintendo was interested in a Namco rep they would have been added already given they are literally working on the game, why change their mind now? The only real leg supporting them is the missing Mii Costumes. On the other hand, that's one giant red flag of a leg. Probably Lloyd or Heihachi, seeing how things play out.
  • Crash : Big Western Character with decent popularity in Japan, on a massive comeback, super popular, decent relationship between Activision and Nintendo, feels like a no-brainer.
  • Master Chief : On one hand, completely insane. On the other, feels too insane not to happen. I'm still all in on the Halo Switch rumors, given how everything has played out between Microsoft and Nintendo so far, and I just can't see the opportunity to have Chief in smash there for Nintendo and them passing that up.
Characters I feel somewhat confident in but not as much as the other 5.
  • Travis : Nintendo is pushing No More Heroes 3 really hard, is distributing the game outside of Japan, it seems like a no brainer. On the other hand though, I get this weird feeling Travis is just destined to get the short end of the stick and get spirited or a mii costume. As much as he makes sense I just can't feel it. Will happily be wrong.
  • Sol : FGC Rep, ARC has a decent presense on Switch, 20th anniversary, could happen. River City Ransom spirits are the deal breaker though. On one hand, we know 100% Arc System Works has talked with Nintendo about Smash in someway. On the other hand, why would they release those Spirits now instead of with Sol later? Well to promote the collection I suppose, but it just feels REALLY weird and I can't tell if it's a good or bad thing.
Coooould happen, but I don't think are likely.
  • Rex : Don't count your chickens before they hatch. All I'm saying is that it was Rex who got that Mii Costume with the pass, not Spring Man, yet Nintendo still put an ARMS rep in first. If Sakurai was in charge I'd say he's a lock, with Nintendo? We'll see.
  • Arle : If we get another Sega rep it's her, sorry Kiryu. Popular on Switch, big franchise, but at the same time I don't see her getting in over the other picks.
  • Monokuma : Maybe? Spike Chunsoft has a decent relationship with Nintendo, but still, Daganronpa doesn't seem to be heading to Switch anytime soon. You can argue he's in the same boat as Joker but Sega was already involved with Smash, and Atlus has arguably a better relationship
  • Steve : Minecraft is the biggest indie game ever made. (Yes, it counts as one and the fact you might have thought to debate that shows just how massively popular and influential it is.) It was also going through a massive resurgance last year. Still, I don't see Nintendo picking him over Master Chief
  • Bravely Default rep : I see all you worried about Sora, about 2B, about Lara, and, for reasons I cannot for the life of me understand, even Sephiroth (I could make a whole post about how stupid I think that is, seriously). Meanwhile I'm just sitting here looking at Bravely Default 2 like "Oh no Nintendo please don't" What's that? A Square RPG being pushed super heavily on Switch by Nintendo, as if It were a first party game? It got revealed at the Game Awards? It got almost 5 minutes to itself in a Direct? WHERE HAVE I SEEN THIS BEFORE? :ulthero:. Look, I still think Geno is coming, but if any other Square character gets in, they are going to be from Bravely Default 2. It's been in development since 2018, so it would be far in development by the time they were picking characters. I can see the timeline where Nintendo goes for it and it scares the hell out of me.
  • Pokemon Rep : Don't personally see it, especially don't want it, but it COULD happen I suppose.
  • Random First-Party Rep : Moving over from the Mystery Box/Backup Slot, I'm way less confident in Nintendo doing another "ARMS". Maybe they will, but I don't see it.
You know why he gets his own slot. He's a complete enigma where it makes perfect, absolute sense for him to get in, and at the same time to not get in. I will be both completely unsuprised if he does or does not make it in. He's Waluigi.

As for anyone who's not on here, I don't see it. I'm sticking pretty firm on this for now so unless something drastic happens with some other character these are who I feel actually has a shot.

D

Deleted member

If there’s anyone I hope gets in I hope honestly it is Rex & Pyra. With Mythra in their move set at time’s of course.

Last edited by a moderator:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Holy jesus, what a big-name-packed season. This would get everyone to flip their lids for sure.

Dante : Nintendo is pushing the series and it's on a big comeback, especially around last year when characters were being chosen for this Pass. Only real competition I suppose is Monster Hunter but I see both Nintendo and especially Sakurai picking Dante over them.
Especially given that Byleth is a multi-weapon character. I also can't help but feel like unless we were getting a DownB-weapon-switching kind of deal, it'd be a bit unfaithful to Monster Hunter by allowing you to just pull weapons out of nowhere without some kind of setup/delay. I also just don't see it happening anymore. Though man I sure would love if Phoenix Wright got the spot instead...

Master Chief : On one hand, completely insane. On the other, feels too insane not to happen. I'm still all in on the Halo Switch rumors, given how everything has played out between Microsoft and Nintendo so far, and I just can't see the opportunity to have Chief in smash there for Nintendo and them passing that up.
I feel like this one is absolutely in Microsoft's court. I don't see Halo coming to Nintendo consoles since if it was gonna happen, I feel like it would have been last year (plus that surely would weaken the SeriEs X sales); could MC come without Halo? Sure, but I still think it's a long-shot. Not as long as Sora getting in (I think Disney is a much bigger barrier), but still pretty unlikely.

Rex : Don't count your chickens before they hatch. All I'm saying is that it was Rex who got that Mii Costume with the pass, not Spring Man, yet Nintendo still put an ARMS rep in first. If Sakurai was in charge I'd say he's a lock, with Nintendo? We'll see.
I'm very weird with Rex. I think he's in purely because ARMS is in. The "bad timing" thing is really suspicious when, again, ARMS is in, and Byleth is too now.

Monokuma : Maybe? Spike Chunsoft has a decent relationship with Nintendo, but still, Daganronpa doesn't seem to be heading to Switch anytime
I'm honestly surprised by how many times I see Monokuma come up in predictions and I really don't get it. As a massive fan of the mainline (1, 2, V3) Danganronpa series (still need to play UDG and watch 3 at some point though), and as neat as having Danganronpa even being mentioned, let alone having a playable rep in Smash, I do not see it happening anytime. Hell I can't even imagine what his final kit would end up being, considering you can use virtually everything and anything you'd want to since he's had so many weapons and tools at his disposal (even self-destructing and replacing himself with a clone; would that be a counter?).

Bravely Default rep : I see all you worried about Sora, about 2B, about Lara, and, for reasons I cannot for the life of me understand, even Sephiroth (I could make a whole post about how stupid I think that is, seriously). Meanwhile I'm just sitting here looking at Bravely Default 2 like "Oh no Nintendo please don't" What's that? A Square RPG being pushed super heavily on Switch by Nintendo, as if It were a first party game? It got revealed at the Game Awards? It got almost 5 minutes to itself in a Direct? WHERE HAVE I SEEN THIS BEFORE? :ulthero:. Look, I still think Geno is coming, but if any other Square character gets in, they are going to be from Bravely Default 2. It's been in development since 2018, so it would be far in development by the time they were picking characters. I can see the timeline where Nintendo goes for it and it scares the hell out of me.
Honestly, that would be the worst case scenario since it would leave everyone unhappy, but I could also see them doing it just to shill BD2 more. It would upset literally everyone asking for other, way more popular SE picks, and leave everyone dissatisfied. That said though, are any of the main characters from BD1/BS even in BD2? IIRC the main cast is all new and that would be even worse since it also upsets the people who wanted Boring Girl that is Wanted for Reasons I Don't Understand, Actually Neat Girl, or Mysterious Flirt Guy (no one even talks about Boring Guy), or a BS rep, of which I haven't played long enough to even remember the new people (I think one of them is named Magnolia?).

That said though, is it really being "pushed heavily"? Pushed? Yes, but heavily would imply they're doing a lot of advertising (e.g., ACNH which is being pushed stupidly heavily to the point where if you haven't heard about it by now, you're living under a rock), when I haven't seen any outside of a mini direct and the game awards.

Finally, DQ got in first because it's Enix's biggest and longest game; it makes sense. Cloud obs got in first cuz FF is Square's baby (and FF7 because obvious reasons). If BD got in over Geno though, that would be absolute shenanigans and 100% a shill pick like Byleth.

You know why he gets his own slot. He's a complete enigma where it makes perfect, absolute sense for him to get in, and at the same time to not get in. I will be both completely unsuprised if he does or does not make it in. He's Waluigi.
It's so weird that of all the characters that could have "very weird circumstances", it's a first party MARIO character of all things. At this point, it just depends on if Nintendo wants to give a crap about Waluigi, since Sakurai would be forever changing the Mario universe with a newly made Wah that I could see changing how we all look at him moving forward. I think it'd be neat to give him some kind of weird power via a tool or item of some sort since right now all he has is basic attacks and using sports equipment. Or hell, just bring out Mario Party-themed stuff; there's so many items, events, and other things that happen in Mario Party that you could easily make a (handful of) kit(s) out of it alone.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Ehh, not bad. Could've done without the Ali-A intro. Also, you totally should've scripted this.
Thats fair. I've been thinking on changing the intro for quite some time now. However, I'm not a fan of scripting videos since I feel like I would sound robotic, and not like my real self.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Honestly, that would be the worst case scenario since it would leave everyone unhappy,
Speak for yourself,a bd2 inclution would make me happy. even then Id rather have ringabel is SE is gonna give us anything and Any bravely is good for me if they arent gonna give me Sora. idk about you and geno but id just assume you would be pissed

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Speak for yourself,a bd2 inclution would make me happy. even then Id rather have ringabel is SE is gonna give us anything and Any bravely is good for me if they arent gonna give me Sora. idk about you and geno but id just assume you would be pissed
Sorry. "It would leave a lot of fans wanting their SE rep unhappy". BD is easily the least wanted out of the big 4: Sora, another FF, Geno, 2B, and I'd even say Lara Croft tops BD.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Sorry. "It would leave a lot of fans wanting their SE rep unhappy". BD is easily the least wanted out of the big 4: Sora, another FF, Geno, 2B, and I'd even say Lara Croft tops BD.
thats true, I like to think Im the only one that wants Ringabel in smash lol but yeah compared to those 4, Ringabel isnt touching anything

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Did I read Bravely Default somewhere around here? Where's my boy Tiz Arrior at; a.k.a. the "Miracle of Norende"? :2gud:

FYI: Left = Bravely Default Tiz; Right = Bravely Second Tiz

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Not that I was particularly obnoxious but sorry about yesterday. Basically yesterday was mentally miserable for me:

-Yesterday was my "last day" at work. I'm now on call until May 15th. I'm still getting paid but I was already feeling guilty about not losing my job or my hours during all this and this just made it worse. I'm basically now being paid to stay home and I'm not okay with that, especially in the light that most Americans are denied this. I only get it because I'm technically a government employee. I have some sort of version of survivor's guilt I guess.

-Someone set fire to the local mosque and the story was even picked up by the New York Times. I'm good friends with the imam and have worked a lot with him and his congregation for the past 8 years. His philosophy has always been to be heavily involved in community service and encouraging cross cultural connections so to see their mosque burned during a pandemic during Ramadan is utterly heartbreaking.

In all my years doing this, I never imagined that the potential months leading up to Geno could be this bad. I am absolutely starved for good news right now...

Last edited:

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Not that I was particularly obnoxious but sorry about yesterday. Basically yesterday was mentally miserable for me:

-Yesterday was my "last day" at work. I'm now on call until May 15th. I'm still getting paid but I was already feeling guilty about not losing my job or my hours during all this and this just made it worse. I'm basically now being paid to stay home and I'm not okay with that, especially in the light that most Americans are denied this. I only get it because I'm technically a government employee. I have some sort of version of survivor's guilt I guess.

-Someone set fire to the local mosque and the story was even picked up by the New York Times. I'm good friends with the imam and have worked a lot with him and his congregation for the past 8 years. His philosophy has always been to be heavily involved in community service and encouraging cross cultural connections so to see their mosque burned during a pandemic during Ramadan is utterly heartbreaking.

In all my years doing this, I never imagined that the potential months leading up to Geno could be this bad. I am absolutely starved for good news right now...
Jesus Christ, people on this Earth never cease to amaze me with how much of a scumbag they can be. I can be a petty **** I'll admit but I like to think that many others can be that too and not do stuff like burning down a mosque.

Anyway, Geno. Someone mentioned the idea of the Jim Henson comapny making a Geno puppet and I love it. The best to come out of Nintendo's E3 2015 presentation was the Muppet skits with Star Fox and Miyamoto, Reggie, and Iwata being puppets.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Thats fair. I've been thinking on changing the intro for quite some time now. However, I'm not a fan of scripting videos since I feel like I would sound robotic, and not like my real self.
You could probably still use a script and have your personality shine through. That's what pretty much every other youtuber does and if they don't they just don't use a script but those ones just don't really think outside the box and would rather rushjob videos out for views.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Since other people are posting predictions I'll go ahead and post mine (I rarely get anything right in these but here it goes):
6. ARMS: imo it's probably Spring Man with Ribbon Girl alt and maybe Springtron alt or palette swap. I could also see other proposals like Min Min or Hero/Bowser Jr situation, but I get the impression the character(s) will focus more on a cool new gimmick than lots of alts. It could really go in a lot of different directions though.

7. Dante: I believe Dante has some strong evidence backing him up. Capcom has been amiable with Smash, and the DMC coming so Switch, the fact that Dante (while having considerable competition) appears to be the most popular potential new Capcom rep, and the comment about Dante not being in until Dante appeared on Nintendo consoles all really bolster his chances. I personally want Sir Arthur or Phoenix Wright, but I think it will be Dante.

8. Geno: I really think Geno is coming and I think he fits best as number 8. I think initially he was supposed to be revealed at E3 behind Dante, but because of delays will probably be revealed later. The compiled evidence and odd circumstances surrounding Geno and SMRPG along with ARMS starting off the pass likely showing promotions can happen makes me believe Geno is finally going to make it.

9. Llyod or Heihachi. They make sense. Namco deserves something and the missing costumes (especially considering Heihachi could have come with Terry) really make me think one of them will be in this pass. I am honestly not sure which one as both seem very likely. I lean towards Heihachi a little more tho as he seems like more of the impossible pick because of the difficulty his moveset posed according to Sakurai which reminds me of the impossibility of Banjo, Ridley, KKR, etc. whereas Lloyd doesn't seem all that impossible just missing. My preference here would be Kloana because I want more mascot characters or Nightmare/Yoshimitsu for appealing to my personal gaming experience. I think there's no way another character like Kos-mos would get in over Llyod or Heihachi or even Nightmare honestly, but I wouldn't have an issue with her.

10. Sol: I'm not as confident in this one, but Sol gives me major Terry vibes, but that could also be because I'm not at all familiar with his franchise/company and have only very slight knowledge of him. Sol definitely doesn't deserve the spot to the degree that Terry did, but I still see some of the signs pointing towards him as a possibility and it makes me think he might really be a contender. He also appears to have a very fitting moveset for Smash. Out of other names floating around I just see Sol as more likely and see that he fits into the pass better based off of how FP1 went.

11. Western Character? I guess Crash here. It would definitely break the apparent pattern of terrible last picks (Bayonetta was not a terrible pick imo and neither were plenty of the others people accuse of being terrible picks). I do not see Master Chief at all as much as I would want him in. I also think Doomguy would be cool, but the best time to include him is passing not that they couldn't add him later anyway, but it makes me think Crash is the last big Western character that could be in and has some signs pointing to him. I could see Sora too even though he's not a western pick if they were able to get the rights for him, because I can't imagine they wouldn't at least try to get him. I initially was going to say Rex and Pyra because I think it's very possible we would see another first/second party and because ARMS is getting a spot, but I don't see DLC promotions happening and the best window for their inclusion is fading as well. Not many other first/second parties seem likely, but there are plenty of possibilities. The only other possibility that I'm really giving a lot of credence to is Lolo or a Iwata-tribute character and I would actually find this to be a really bittersweet way to end Smash DLC so I kind of hope this does happen.

Honorable mentions (other than who I already mentioned)

Waluigi: he's Waluigi. Personally I think part of his charm is his constant failure and it would kind of be a disservice to him to actually include him, but he's wanted by the fans and even I have to admit I want to see him make it too

Rayman: apparently he has some signs pointing to him but it's hard to understand why Ubisoft costumes got dropped with a random character in that instance, he's my second most wanted but I choose to believe he's not getting in despite these supposed signs

Golden Sun rep: I don't really see any signs pointing to this, but the fan demand is there so I could see this happening. I think it's very unlikely unless we're getting ports or a new games tho.

Travis: there was a time when Travis was on my predictions list and I could still see him make the cut. He is one of those characters that totally wouldn't surprise me either way whether he got in or not.

Monokuma: I see him brought up a lot. I've never played the games, but my understanding of the character makes him one of if not the most wanted character I know virtually nothing about which is actually a pretty wide selection of characters. I don't think he's likely, but it could happen.

Steve: honestly I shouldn't have to explain why Steve could come to Smash and if you don't believe he's a good fit for Smash then you're simply not being imaginative enough. This is coming from someone who could care less about Minecraft. Steve seems so much more likely to me than Master Chief, but I also am not convinced we will get another Microsoft rep.

Indie character: these appear to be locked into deluxe costumes and picking just one opens up the floodgates for criticism and favoritism. If it happened it'd probably be Shantae unless she's deemed not for good boys and girls in which case I'm not sure maybe Frisk (who I'm positively biased towards), Quote, etc.

Scrapped character: Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, characters we never knew were on the table, etc these are very strong possible candidates for characters, but I'm unconvinced they would be made into DLC with the exception of Heihachi.

Promotional character: by this I mean promoting upcoming releases/ports as I already covered the fact that we could very well see more first/second party additions and by default more promotions in the sense of spirits/Mii costumes/ATs. It's unlikely that we won't see some characters that scratch this itch for Nintendo. I think Dante fits into this category to promote the ports and other characters could similarly do so, but we may not have enough information to guess who these characters could be.

And finally, LoL character: I could definitely see a MOBA character get a spot as the genre is huge and LoL is huge in that genre. It is definitely a big deal that Tencent helped with Switch releases. I don't really know what to think here. I am unsure how much overlap the MOBA and Smash fanbases have but I'd wager it's significant enough to get a rep.

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
If we get Geno, Crash AND Rayman, there is little else they could add to make me happy. Except Klonoa. Add Klonoa.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
thats true, I like to think Im the only one that wants Ringabel in smash lol but yeah compared to those 4, Ringabel isnt touching anything
If we absolutely had to get a BD rep, Edea or Ringabel would be my first picks because they're actually interesting, but we'd probably get Agnes or Tiz (yaaaawn).

Did I read Bravely Default somewhere around here? Where's my boy Tiz Arrior at; a.k.a. the "Miracle of Norende"?
You're literally the first-and-only person I've seen asking for Tiz.

Jesus, and here I was complaining about an extremely rude worker who dug up my internet cable on my birthday. I'm so sorry that crap happened to you. Yesterday was just a terrible day; let's delete 4/24 from the calendar (so I'll also never age again :D).

I am absolutely starved for good news right now...
All of us are for sure. Nintendo's got one chance to make-or-break 2020. I will not care about anything that comes post-June direct if they let me down again for the millionth time this year.

If we get Geno, Crash AND Rayman, there is little else they could add
At that point, there'd be very few big-name long-time "Smash characters" left. Shantae and Isaac would probably be after that. Also big names that people have requested like Doomguy, MC, Sora, Dante, etc., but none of those were really "tied" to Smash like the other 5 (Geno, Crash, Rayman, Shantae, Isaac).

Edit/PS: Not that that's a problem, just wanted to make that clear because reading this again, I accidentally worded it like it was a problem.

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Sooo we are with predictions
MinMin: Every single person in the world is expecting she as CP6
Geno: I just think all the stars are lining up for Geno
Travis: Suda is open to the idea, NMH 3 is a huge game which nintendo is shilling and Suda and Sakurai are good friend
Dante: Sakurai confirmed that it is very easy to negotiate with capcom, the resident evil spirits, the monster hunter miis that did not return, nintendo is really shilling the DMC ports
Lloyd: Fan Favorite in Japan, Didn't return as mii costume, the most obvious Namco REP
Rayman: Weird Stuff, the Altair and Rabbids costume, nintendo and ubisoft collaboration (i wouldn't be suprised if rayman has a mario costume as an alt)

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Alright boys and grills, are ye ready? Ya boi Sir King Lord Lord Woomington III the Right and Honorable is about to list off his predictions for the entirety of FP2! I've only stuck to saying a few characters I thought would be in, but now I feel a lot more confident in actually making the damn list of fighters. So sit back, relax and attempt to eat an entire grape fruit in one bite because you're about to read what will be FP2 in its entirety.

Fighter 6 - Min Min. Alright we all know why I'm putting her here, Crash Bash was suspiciously timed and we know Nintendo has used in game events as methods of gauging popularity cough Splatoon 1's Final Splatfest cough. Even if Crash Bash wasn't done to pick the new Smash fighter, I have trouble believing Nintendo wouldn't see said popularity and just completely ignore it when requesting Sakurai to add an Arms rep. I think the Arms rep was initially intended to be the bonus character Sakurai somewhat kinda implied a few times before deciding a full on second fighter pass with Min Min tacked on at the beginning would work better. This also explains why FP2 has a weird extra pack when it wasn't necessary (not to say it isn't much appreciated, but I don't think many would've batted an eye if it was just 5 again). Anyway, we know the Arms rep is destined to be revealed in June, so likely around the time Nintendo's E3 direct was supposed to be.
Fighter 7 - Geno. Yeah, of course I was gonna put Geno on this list, this is the Geno thread after all lmao. I think all the evidence for Geno has been listed to death but I'll sum it up very briefly here: Mii Costume List, copyright take downs, insider confidence, CacoMallow, last massive fan request, missing mii costume and more. Anyway, I'm expecting the puppet to at least get revealed in the same direct as Min Min would be, so I'd say June as well. Anyway, not gonna try and predict reveal dates anymore as it just gets too difficult the further on we go in this pass, not to mention Nintendo has been giving the middle finger to their typical reveal schedule so it's too difficult to predict much of anything.
Fighter 8 - Crash Bandicoot. Crash apparently has a lot of insider confidence going for him and while I'm not one to completely base things off of what insiders are saying, I still don't wanna ignore them completely either and something has gotten them very convinced based on what Fatman's said. N Sane Trilogy also made its way to Switch which is pretty big, seeing as how he was originally intended to be Sony's rival to Nintendo. Though, Crash isn't owned by Sony, instead he's owned by Activision who seem to have a pretty decent relationship with Nintendo from all I've seen. Crash also has a large fanbase and would please a lot of people so I think Nintendo wouldn't be hesitant on adding him. I also think the N Sane trilogy being on Switch could lead to Crash being (a very very soft) promotion.
Fighter 9 - Dante. Super Smash Brothers Ultimate featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series sorry I had to. Apparently, some DMC music also got taken down by Nintendo in the same suspicious manner the SMRPG music was. Capcom also seems like an easy company to work with in regards to Smash, we've gotten 3 characters from them and none of them seem to suffer some of the licensing issues a lot of other characters face when being represented as a Smash fighter (Such as things like anemic music selection or really bad alts). DMC is also on Switch, so light promotion there as well. Dante also seems to boast some decent insider confidence, which definitely helps.
Fighter 10 - Lloyd Irving. Oh yeah, we gettin' into double digits now! Lloyd finally debuts as our 2nd Namco rep after all this time despite the fact that Namco has worked on 4 and Ultimate. Lloyd's missing Mii costume along with the other missing Namco ones hints to me that something Namco will be coming to Smash soon enough. Fatman has also talked about insider confidence in Lloyd, but it seems to be not as strong as for the previous three characters I brought it up with so meh. Lloyd has also had a rather long history of fan support and having a very dedicated fanbase definitely helps a character. It could be Heihachi I suppose, but I personally feel more confident in Lloyd (Smash does love its anime sword fighters after all).
Fighter 11 - Rex and Pyra. It's time for this long and wild journey of Smash Ultimate speculation to come to a close and it'll end with a 1st party like it has twice before. I'm not sure if Nintendo intentionally tries to make the finales disappointing, I think in truth they just make the worst possible decisions with promotional picks. This time will be a bit different however, the finale won't be a victim of circumstance and will actually be well received despite being a promotional first party. By this time, there will be 2 Xenoblade games on Switch, which definitely helps with the whole promotional aspect of things. Arms also seems to have gotten the same treatment Xenoblade 2 did: a game that came out too late for them to add to base that got non playable representation in some form. We've seen with Arms that they decided to rectify their decision in FP2 and I think Xenoblade 2 won't be any different.

Anyway, that's it, that's my current predictions for FP2. I've been wrong before and I'll probably be wrong again, so make sure to quote this post and tell me how stupid I am for not including Frogger or something. I also predict this will be the finale for Smash Ultimate's new character content, so I hope you like these final 6 because this is 100%, without a doubt, no questions, my sources are never wrong FP2. Ok, you may wanna dislodge that grape fruit from your jaw while I go deal with the C&D Nintendo is obviously sending me right now.
Since everyone else seems to be doing it, I thought I'd repost my predictions from FP2 that I made back in March. So I guess I hopped on a trend about a month before there was a trend to hop on lol

D

Deleted member

I’m sorry to hear that Fatmanonice my best to your friend hope all goes well for him. Dang that is just man sorry... for him.

Predictions for characters?

Ahem LeBron James

Hamtaro

Scrooge McDuck

Buster Baxter

Shrek

Goku

All jokes aside

Min Min
Geno
Crash
Rex & Pyra
Dante
Toxtricity
Master Chief

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sooo we are with predictions
MinMin: Every single person in the world is expecting she as CP6
Geno: I just think all the stars are lining up for Geno
Travis: Suda is open to the idea, NMH 3 is a huge game which nintendo is shilling and Suda and Sakurai are good friend
Dante: Sakurai confirmed that it is very easy to negotiate with capcom, the resident evil spirits, the monster hunter miis that did not return, nintendo is really shilling the DMC ports
Lloyd: Fan Favorite in Japan, Didn't return as mii costume, the most obvious Namco REP
Rayman: Weird Stuff, the Altair and Rabbids costume, nintendo and ubisoft collaboration (i wouldn't be suprised if rayman has a mario costume as an alt)
  • ...Definitely not everybody expects her as CP6. Some think she could be. A lot figure Spring Man will be as is, or Ribbon Girl, and some even go for Dr. Coyle. It's a mixed bag overall. Some except alts. Twintelle even is considered likely.
  • Fair enough.
  • It's more that NMH3 is being developed at the right time for Sakurai to easily understand how the character works and can talk with the developers. That's the general point of relevant picks. The only exception to that is Banjo & Kazooie, who were kept relevant due to Microsoft keeping them active at best. At least for Ultimate's DLC. Simon and Richter were from a franchise kept vastly relevant, and MegaMan was still relevant via the comics at the time of his addition.
  • Same as said for Travis. It's a relevancy factor. It's very easy to add someone in the spotlight and expect sales. Basically the same position to make it easy to choose ones like MegaMan. Though I agree the other costumes point make sense.
  • Not the most obvious, but absolutely possible. There's other franchises who all have notable stuff; Soul Calibur's Nightmare, Tekken's Heihachi, Xenogear's Kos-Mos(though she's got no relevancy factor due to the franchise being entirely unused if I remember right), Digimon's Agumon, Dark Souls' characters(got 3, being Chosen Undead, Solaire, and Artorgius. ...I might have the last name spelled wrong).
  • ...Doesn't this hurt Rayman, though? All his potential costumes are gone. The only way it doesn't is if you believe Mii costumes follow no actual patterns in turn, and then yeah, I could see it. They're buddy buddy lately and he's a good choice.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
If we get Geno, Crash AND Rayman, there is little else they could add to make me happy. Except Klonoa. Add Klonoa.
For real. Those are my top 3. I never played Kloana but I'm rooting for him. What little I do know he'd be really fun in Smash and I am super biased towards mascot characters.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Predictions uh ?

I think we could get more than one first party character. Maybe they plan to revive a currently dormant franchise thanks to Smash , like Golden Sun , considering the big demand for a new GS game and Isaac in Smash. Or maybe they just want to promote another recent game , or just throw a fan favorite from their catalogue of character.

Geno. I don't exactly need to explain why , considering where we are.

I could totally see Waluigi as a bonus character , like , the fighter pass is complete , and he just join out of nowhere.

Rayman and Crash don't feel like they're in competition to me , since they're owned by different companies. Rayman would be easier to secure , and would please the hardcore fanbase , and especially the Rayman one. Crash however has this big "internet will explode" potential , and has quite the demand , too.

I... Don't understand why so many people bet on Dante , I would like to see exactly why. I personnaly would bet more on Phoenix Wright.

I understand why people feel like there could be a Namco rep. I personnaly bet on Lloyd , I don't see Heihachi coming : Sakurai had trouble making him work in Smash , and when that kind of stuff happen... Well he can say **** it and figure it out , but I have that gut feeling that he wouldn't add Heihachi without very hard demand. Or I dunno , we get fluffy rabbit-cat instead.

---

In the end , with my luck , none of these characters could get in , but it's fun to try to predict. I just expect Sakurai and Nintendo to hit us with the "unexpected picks that actually make sense when you think about it"

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Suda51 has been openly advocating for Travis' inclusion for over a decade now, I can easily see him becoming part of FP2 now that everything is lining up for him

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
I feel really iffy sharing this because I know I'll get flak for some of these decisions, but I just want to get it out there.
All of the leaks, theories and coincidences are pretty reasonable, and because of them I think this is a pretty good outlook on how the pass could end up.

View attachment 270102

ARMS - Already confirmed
Geno- Missing Mii costume, Mii list, Cacomallow, music copystrikes
Western - Cacomallow, Pete Hines confirming talks with Nintendo for Smash, supposed Activision documents
Sol - Kunio-kun Spirits (really odd, ask for better explanation in anywhere other than the Geno thread), upcoming release of Strive
Rayman - Ubisoft asking about Fighters Pass in survey, weird advertising patterns for Ubisoft Mii Costumes
LoL - Weirdly coincidential 4chan post, Tencent releasing Switch in China (bigger deal than many seem to realize, ask for better explanation in anywhere other than the Geno thread)
Hey i have a question, what are you refering with Supposed activision documents?

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Hey i have a question, what are you refering with Supposed activision documents?
They basically did a survey asking what Switch players were playing , and their opinions on the current Ubisoft games in detail if they chosed to answer , and other stuff.

The interesting stuff is , if you chose "Smash Bros" in the list of games you have , they ask you if you bought the DLCs or not...
And they removed that question from the survey.

I can guarantee it was in it , I passed it very early.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
oh time for prediction? cool
Minmin coming
Doomguy coming
Geno coming
Lloyd coming
Steve or Rayman or Porky coming
Crash coming

I agree with most of your list but I am willing to bet that we get Rex out of this pass as well. That would seem extremely unfortunate if Rex did not get in this game after we received ARMS and FE:TH post launch. I don't see Sakurai skimping out on more Xenoblade content. I think realistically Rex getting into Smash Bros is more likely than Steve or Rayman. (Even though I really want Rayman)

And just like Geno, I am really skeptic on whether or not those Mii Costumes are concrete evidence of playable fighter. I think both would be awesome, but so far I am trying to play it safe.

I think Min Min without a doubt is the ARMS character and if not her, my guess is on Brass Max or Twintelle.

You have a really cool avatar btw

axel_

Smash Journeyman
Fatman has brought up a supposed document leaked from Activision talking about 2020 plans for things like Crash Bandicoot, and supposedly there's something in there for Smash.

They basically did a survey asking what Switch players were playing , and their opinions on the current Ubisoft games in detail if they chosed to answer , and other stuff.

The interesting stuff is , if you chose "Smash Bros" in the list of games you have , they ask you if you bought the DLCs or not...
And they removed that question from the survey.

I can guarantee it was in it , I passed it very early.
That's uh... that's Ubisoft, not Activision...

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I agree with most of your list but I am willing to bet that we get Rex out of this pass as well. That would seem extremely unfortunate if Rex did not get in this game after we received ARMS and FE:TH post launch. I don't see Sakurai skimping out on more Xenoblade content. I think realistically Rex getting into Smash Bros is more likely than Steve or Rayman. (Even though I really want Rayman)

And just like Geno, I am really skeptic on whether or not those Mii Costumes are concrete evidence of playable fighter. I think both would be awesome, but so far I am trying to play it safe.

I think Min Min without a doubt is the ARMS character and if not her, my guess is on Brass Max or Twintelle.

You have a really cool avatar btw
I would rethink about Rex chances once the Arms rep be spring man or ribbon girl since the mii costume of them were added for the fans to be satisfied, Rex was given the extra special treatment of a mii costume reveal just like Geno back in smash 4, but I wouldn’t expect it to be promoted to playable if spring man or ribbon girl won’t.

I haven’t change my avatar since a year ago but to tell the truth I wanted a high quality of this Geno render which is in a link that no longer exists... there are 3 pictures of this Geno model but extremely low quality because the link to the full image might have been deleted.
But thank you

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Ooo we doin predictions? I love those. Here’s my predictions as of right now, expect them to change within the next 3 minutes.

6. Either Springman or a Hero situation with Springman, Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, and Minmin
7. Rex and Pyra, plus there will be some sort of Xenoblade 2 content in Xenoblade DE just like how Xenoblade 2 got XC1 and X content
8. Geno, and we will all be upset he wasn’t 77
9. Doomguy, and Doom Eternal will finally come out on Switch
10. Crash. Nothing coinciding here, it’s Crash
11. Travis Touchdown, right when NMH3 comes out

axel_

Smash Journeyman
That would seem extremely unfortunate if Rex did not get in this game after we received ARMS and FE:TH post launch.
Would it though? Would we really be missing out on much if Rex didn't make it?

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
Out of curiosity, would you guys buy a Mii costume of a character who got promoted? Personally, I would buy Geno's because I absolutely want to support him as much as possible and I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is for him. But for other characters like Llyod or Heihachi I just don't see myself buying those if they were to become playable but I suppose it would still make sense for them to do that since fans of those characters might feel the same as I do about Geno.
I play competitive/go to locals so I picked up all the characters regardless. If I didn't play competitive like I used to be in smash 4, then I probably would be more decisive about each pick. (Not much anymore bc of CV oof), also I play too much smash bros so I figured it pick up the characters anyway.

View attachment 269974

A comment I got on one of my videos.

.... Why does this make so much sense?
Some actually replied to me in a thread one time saying that Geno was from TLOZ, so I guess this is more common than I once realized.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Would it though? Would we really be missing out on much if Rex didn't make it?
I would just feel really bad for his fans. Being that I've been there with Geno 100x already, I just don't like seeing fans get burned in that fashion.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I guess since we're doing the whole Vol.2 predictions thing again...
  • FP6 - ARMS Fighter - I'm thinking we'll either get one (Min-Min) or a four-in-one deal (Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, and Min-Min).
  • FP7 - Geno - Missing costume, music takedowns, massive demand, etc.
  • FP8 - A Namco Character - My two choices here are either Lloyd or Heihachi, mainly because of their still missing Mii Fighter costumes. Between the two, I'd give the edge to Heihachi due to his immense popularity and the fact that, like Geno's costume, his costume could've come back already with Terry as Geno's could've with Hero, but it never did.
  • FP9 - A western character - I'm putting my money on Crash, though I'd be totally fine with Rayman as well.
  • FP10 - Rex & Pyra - They were intended to come to Ultimate as a fighter but missed the window for base game, and it seems likely that the ARMS Fighter is going to be one that's already a Spirit.
  • FP11 - I dunno - Someone else, maybe an indie character or someone like Dante or Master Chief.

A scripted video only sounds as robotic as the voice reciting it. If you work on your delivery and timing it can sound as natural as anyone else.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I would just feel really bad for his fans. Being that I've been there with Geno 100x already, I just don't like seeing fans get burned in that fashion.
True for sure, though I don't think anyone but Shantae and Isaac has been burned as bad as Geno, plus Rex is still pretty fresh. If he's not in FP2, and there is a Smash 6, he'll definitely be in by then though (or FP3 if Mad Lad Sakurai actually does another pass).

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
True for sure, though I don't think anyone but Shantae and Isaac has been burned as bad as Geno, plus Rex is still pretty fresh. If he's not in FP2, and there is a Smash 6, he'll definitely be in by then though (or FP3 if Mad Lad Sakurai actually does another pass).
I disagree on that notion. It's very possible by the time Smash 6 is beign developed/released, there will be more Xenoblade games and the latest will not feature Rex (just like most JRPG franchises, where the main cast is completely new aside from recurring mascot creatures) and will put Rex in the hands of bad timing. Just look at Gen 3 and 5 Pokémon which were completely skipped entirely and the same could apply to certain FE characters like Erika (whose game came out after Roy and Lyn's games but before Ike's) and Alm and Celica. Chrom got lucky because he was an echo, and Rex is simply not Echo material. Hell one could argue Elma already suffered the fate as these characters. Bad timing screwed over Rex, and it will likely the reason for his demise in the next game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom