• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

OffBi

Smash Ace
Hello, gang. I decided that I am going to delete my SmashBoards account very soon and retire from speculation. I admit that I am getting a bit too invested with stuff and sometimes I tend to get a little personal. I should do this since that’s what’s maybe best from me. I enjoyed speculating with you guys and I will still be rooting for Geno. If Geno gets in I’ll be celebrating like the rest of the fans would. I wish you guys good luck.
Super late to this, but sucks to see you go man, hope you have a good life.

Firox

Smash Master
Hello, gang. I decided that I am going to delete my SmashBoards account very soon and retire from speculation. I admit that I am getting a bit too invested with stuff and sometimes I tend to get a little personal. I should do this since that’s what’s maybe best from me. I enjoyed speculating with you guys and I will still be rooting for Geno. If Geno gets in I’ll be celebrating like the rest of the fans would. I wish you guys good luck.
You'll be missed. Maybe don't delete your account but just take an extended break? Let off some steam, and play something low-stress. Sometimes a step back is all it takes to get yourself back into zen. Best of luck to you no matter what you decide.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I need a genofied avatar. Someone should put a Geno hat on a picture of Orbeetle for me. I'd do it myself but...I won't.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Had a dream last night where I was given the ability to search for Discord posts that were posted on dates that hadn't happened yet. I looked up posts from June 2020 to see if Geno got in but I don't think I ever got a fully decisive answer as to whether or not he was in Smash. Though, I do remember seeing a series icon for what I think was SMRPG's series icon and it was a crown for some reason.

Firox

Smash Master
So this morning on my drive to work I got to thinking about time travel and how cool it would be to see the future. My first impulse was to teleport myself to December 2021 so that I could see the finished Smash bros ultimate roster. LOL Is it crazy that my primary desire for time travel would be to simply know if Geno gets into Smash?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Can you put a Geno hat on my avatar too MisterMike as well as these images as well?
Mystical Ninja beta.png

Robin best gal.png

Had a dream last night where I was given the ability to search for Discord posts that were posted on dates that hadn't happened yet. I looked up posts from June 2020 to see if Geno got in but I don't think I ever got a fully decisive answer as to whether or not he was in Smash. Though, I do remember seeing a series icon for what I think was SMRPG's series icon and it was a crown for some reason.
Smithy confirmed for Smash!

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
Whelp my day just went to ****.

Failed my second algebra exam. Have no choice now have to drop.

A withdraw looks better than an f on a transcript...

AshPeer

Smash Cadet
Haha that’s sick. I like dreams that have an interesting gimmick like that

Firox

Smash Master
Man, you beat me to it lmao. If someone else still wants a Geno hat on their avatar though, I'm up to the challenge!
For my avatar, could you put a Geno hat on the whole planet? lol It would look so awesome.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Looks like I’m saving my money.
Yeah... That's the big announcement on Mar10? Whee...

Cannot believe they're announcing everything before this direct and now we're likely gonna have a nindies before it too. That's 3 Directs + a Sakurai video before the general direct.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
You know, for encouraging us to stay on topic so much about Geno, coming into the Geno thread and specifically not talking about Geno sets a bad example for others. You know, like Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo who never talks about Geno here yet nothing is done about it.

Either enforce the rules and lead by example, or don't, but at least take a stance and be consistent please.
The dude lives in Japan and is personally affected by the virus, this is hardly the time to be pedantic about staying on topic

D

Deleted member

This scares me when it says, "The end of an era". I hope E3 2020 is just being cancelled, hopefully E3 2021 and above aren't cancelled either because I really want to go back to LA again for E3. It's just E3 2020 that's being cancelled, right?
Yes just this year’s one next year is still supposed to go on as scheduled!

Last edited by a moderator:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Whelp guess my only option now is to confess my feelings...I love you (Orbeetle). :ultpacman:
Edit: now can you do the other 900 or so Pokemon?
"Sorry, you're limited to the original SwSh dex." -Galar border patrol

I did appreciate me some Orbeetle though.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Whelp guess my only option now is to confess my feelings...I love you (Orbeetle). :ultpacman:
Edit: now can you do the other 900 or so Pokemon?
That depends. Is there a good reason for me, a longtime Pokemon fan who is incredibly disappointed with Sword and Shield, to buy either Sword or Shield?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
That depends. Is there a good reason for me, a longtime Pokemon fan who is incredibly disappointed with Sword and Shield, to buy either Sword or Shield?
As your parallel who actually did buy SwSh and stopped after over 2 hours (probably like 20m or so was actual gameplay and not just literal waiting) and only getting one badge, no, do not.
The one good thing about SwSh was a lot of the designs, I'll admit that, but don't waste your money. Just look at them for free on Bulbapedia.

"Sorry, you're limited to the original SwSh dex." -Galar border patrol
Did someone say Galar Border Patrol?
PS: That same website also did the Smash comics that are totally worth reading.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
As another longtime Pokemon fan I would say...depends. Probably not if you haven't already gotten it. Depends what's important to you in Pokemon games. If all you care about is improved breeding mechanics, surprise trading, new Pokemon and strategies, and occasionally maybe something else if it tickles your fancy in the moment then yeah go for it because it's perfect for that (thus players like me). If you for some reason purchase a Pokemon game thinking to yourself "hey this game will have a great story/lore, I love old Pokemon so much that I literally can't live without every single one in each game, I want a game created by a company that is not only honest but also totally not just in it for the money, etc" then no don't get it lol. Overall I give it the same rating most other games get: 0/10 - no Geno.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
As another longtime Pokemon fan I would say...depends. Probably not if you haven't already gotten it. Depends what's important to you in Pokemon games. If all you care about is improved breeding mechanics, surprise trading, new Pokemon and strategies, and occasionally maybe something else if it tickles your fancy in the moment then yeah go for it because it's perfect for that (thus players like me). If you for some reason purchase a Pokemon game thinking to yourself "hey this game will have a great story/lore, I love old Pokemon so much that I literally can't live without every single one in each game, I want a game created by a company that is not only honest but also totally not just in it for the money, etc" then no don't get it lol. Overall I give it the same rating most other games get: 0/10 - no Geno.
TL;DR:
- Do you like Competitive? Get it.
- Do you like Babby's First Pokemuns? Get it.
- Do you just like collecting for the sake of collecting and not doing anything with said collection? Get it.
- Do you want an actually fun/potentially challenging game to play through with plenty of content along the way? AVOID LIKE THE CORNERIA PLAGUE.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
The dude lives in Japan and is personally affected by the virus, this is hardly the time to be pedantic about staying on topic
Still not backing down. I don't care if it's about a global event or not. There are general threads for non-Geno discussion, remember? Shouldn't stuff like this be discussed there and only things that affect Geno's chances are discussed here and that is literally where the line was drawn?

Like I said, lead by example and enforce the rules, or don't, but be consistent either way.

Also unfortunately, so many people are really scared by this virus, forgetting so easily how this happens every so often and we live on just by doing the basic necessities of surviving from a virus. There is also a lot of misinformation and fudged numbers both for and against the virus, but keep in mind that the majority of the few deaths that have happened in the US are of the elderly and people who were either already ill or easily succumb to sickness.

If you don't panic and think smart and take care of yourself and your family members, you will be fine.

As for other countries, I can't speak for those of you in this thread that are outside the US. I only know of our situation and of how our systems run and the current status of healthcare in our country, in addition to a bit of general information on the virus itself. I also encourage you not to panic and think smart and take care of yourself and your family members.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Still not backing down. I don't care if it's about a global event or not. There are general threads for non-Geno discussion, remember? Shouldn't stuff like this be discussed there and only things that affect Geno's chances are discussed here and that is literally where the line was drawn?

Like I said, lead by example and enforce the rules, or don't, but be consistent either way.

Also unfortunately, so many people are really scared by this virus, forgetting so easily how this happens every so often and we live on just by doing the basic necessities of surviving from a virus. There is also a lot of misinformation and fudged numbers both for and against the virus, but keep in mind that the majority of the few deaths that have happened in the US are of the elderly and people who were either already ill or easily succumb to sickness.

If you don't panic and think smart and take care of yourself and your family members, you will be fine.

As for other countries, I can't speak for those of you in this thread that are outside the US. I only know of our situation and of how our systems run and the current status of healthcare in our country, in addition to a bit of general information on the virus itself. I also encourage you not to panic and think smart and take care of yourself and your family members.
Imagine thinking the first worldwide pandemic of the 21st century and possibly the start of a global recession isn't something to be concerned about.

D

Deleted member

I believe Geno has a decent shot whether he’s a spirit or not. The missing Mii costume is definitely worth looking out for. I saw the Mii costume list from PapaGenos video and again about Terry’s spirit board so that list may well be legit. CacoMallow is much cleaner more real looking than the grinch leak by a long shot. Nintendo should be aware of the fan demand. Nintendo already did Square a solid promoting DQ11 and puting Hero in the game so they should be at least more comfortable with Geno. B&K and Megalovania tracks were taken down and look what happened. I give Geno 70%. Are there anymore evidence?

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Its gonna be tough to watch every e3 thing now that everyone has to go digital if they are close to each other. and now because if the virus, mostly every sport even has been postponed, events in JP have been canceled, Anime season have been pushed back, wow

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

The virus spreads easily, like other viruses; you can simply be standing next to someone and their breath could drift your way, or touch something someone else touched. You may also carry it for a long while before actually seeing any symptoms/realizing you have it. While this isn't much of a big deal for viruses they've already developed stuff like vaccines for, this virus doesn't even have a vaccine yet.

I'm inside almost all the time, so personally there's nearly no way for me to get it directly, but a family member could and pass it onto me if it spreads close enough here (and while I would be concerned about myself, personally I'd mainly be concerned about them). It's already in my state. Who cares if most people only get it if they're already sick or are elderly, we have family members like that and I'm personally one of those people with weaker immune systems (mainly due to medicine I have to take) and a disease (kidney disease, needed a transplant and got one, which is what the medicine is for); no one's death should be shrugged off.

Yes, we will likely survive, but we shouldn't pretend it's so easy to get past because of past precedent, because then we're careless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom