• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
As a healthcare worker I can say that the best things people could do to help with the virus is:

Wash your hands and use hand sanitizer when possible. But washing your hands is more effective at killing germs

Don’t touch your face

If you are actually experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 stay home and try to not to physically interact with vulnerable populations (elderly adults and those with chronic illnesses or who are immunocompromised).

If you believe you could have been exposed to the virus wear an N95 respirator mask when going out into public to protect others from being exposed

Wash your ****ing hands

Don’t buy up every single package of toilet paper or hand sanitizer you can find. Just buy only what you realistically need as being excessive will negatively impact members of the community unable to find those products.

In the short term that’s the best we as a community can do. It’s not “inevitable” that “everyone is going to get it”. That’s the entire point of quarantines. To make sure things don’t spread. It may seem “draconian” to be told to quarantine yourself if you are exposed but it’s realistically a lesser harm than possibly exposing vulnerable members of your community. Yes, free healthcare and better testing would be great. But in the meantime if people would wash their hands regularly and quarantine themselves if experiencing symptoms that’d help more than anything to get the world back on track.

It’s what Geno would want :)

Last edited:

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm, I guess this could be why the direct has been delayed. How much information should they reveal now as opposed to June during E3. Plus if Nintendo was going to announce their collaboration with LEGO during the next direct, I can see them maybe talking a bit more about their deal with Universal Parks as well. I’m sure there are a lot of talking going on about how to handle E3, Nintendo Land Japan, the Olympic (I think they are a part of it, idk, just throwing that one out there), Lego Deal... seems like they have a lot on their plate together with the corona virus...

D

Deleted member

Hello, gang. I decided that I am going to delete my SmashBoards account very soon and retire from speculation. I admit that I am getting a bit too invested with stuff and sometimes I tend to get a little personal. I should do this since that’s what’s maybe best from me. I enjoyed speculating with you guys and I will still be rooting for Geno. If Geno gets in I’ll be celebrating like the rest of the fans would. I wish you guys good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Hello, gang. I decided that I am going to delete my SmashBoards account very soon and retire from speculation. I admit that I am getting a bit too invested with stuff and sometimes I tend to get a little personal. I should do this since that’s what’s maybe best from me. I enjoyed speculating with you guys and I will still be rooting for Geno. If Geno gets in I’ll be celebrating like the rest of the fans would. I wish you guys good luck. -Neon05
Sorry to see you go so soon. I bid you good luck on your future endeavors!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hello, gang. I decided that I am going to delete my SmashBoards account very soon and retire from speculation. I admit that I am getting a bit too invested with stuff and sometimes I tend to get a little personal. I should do this since that’s what’s maybe best from me. I enjoyed speculating with you guys and I will still be rooting for Geno. If Geno gets in I’ll be celebrating like the rest of the fans would. I wish you guys good luck.
Very well. Sorry to see you go. Good luck with your life.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
God speed friend. Take care out there!

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Oh, okay. Goodbye, guy!
GenoBoomer.png

D

Deleted member

Yeah I really have to agree with this. On the bright side though the big shill names floating around are Sylux and King Boo both of whom would be really awesome fighters. King Boo especially has a lot of wiggle room for unique mechanics seeing as how he floats and also is basically if Lickitung had dark magic and was incorporeal. Granted the character could still end up being someone unexpected and disappointing but it's like impossible to be more disappointing than Byleth. I thought Byleth looked kinda cool and I love Three Houses but Byleth is perhaps the most boring avatar character of all time with the most boring story and is also pretty boring in Smash if I'm being honest. But as always we will simply have to wait and see.

Agreed Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle was an excellent change of pace despite being very short and linear. There's definitely a lot they could do to add onto combos and really crazy plays though. There's a lot they could do just by crafting a brand new Mario RPG series. I've been saying it...Mario Galaxy RPG just saying...
I believe Geno would be a perfect fit for Mario+Rabbids. He already got a gun for an arm. He would of been perfect for Mario Galaxy plot as well. Not having at least a cameo or reference is a missed opportunity in my opinion.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Awwww man, I'll miss ya, good luck with things! I hope for both our sakes Geno will get in soon.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Toilet paper in Japan was largely out of stock the past two weeks but it’s starting to come back. I was able to buy two bags of it after work yesterday and it was the same price as before the how panic but hysteria. Face masks and sanitizer on the other hand are non-existent. Which sucks as the government is literally forcing people to wear masks when they go out, go to work, shop, etc. My wife and I mass panic bought diapers two weeks ago fearing we wouldn’t have enough and the right sizes wouldn’t be available. They were replenished in three days and now we have ten bags of diapers.

Anyways, it’s sucks that E3 got cancelled and hopefully they can move it to a digital format. Seeing Ultimate at E3 and Banjo/Hero last year was extreme hype.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
The lack of an E3 is not really going to impact me. I think Nintendo's plan remain the same. They just save a bit of money on building props/hiring personnel for their displays. I still think whatever they plan on releasing or sharing will still remain in place for mid June.

On the subject of Geno, I am happy to report that we are nearing the quarter goal of Operation StarFall's charity drive. The end date for our drive was originally going to be E3 ironically. I will still keep that date for now but I am really confident we can hit it before the end of May.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
If Geno was a Pokémon trainer, what would be his line up?

I’m thinking he would have mostly psychic/fairy types.

(you can tell I’m desperate for new info...)
I'd say he has to have a Minior on his team. Other than that I'd say Trevenant cuz he's a spirit in wood. Altaria to remind him of Mallow. Someone to remind him of Bowser maybe Drednaw. Someone to remind him of Mario so...maybe Cinderace? Someone to remind him of Peach so idk maybe Jynx? Lol.

D

Deleted member

The lack of an E3 is not really going to impact me. I think Nintendo's plan remain the same. They just save a bit of money on building props/hiring personnel for their displays. I still think whatever they plan on releasing or sharing will still remain in place for mid June.

On the subject of Geno, I am happy to report that we are nearing the quarter goal of Operation StarFall's charity drive. The end date for our drive was originally going to be E3 ironically. I will still keep that date for now but I am really confident we can hit it before the end of May.
I saw Operation Starfall on Twitter. I’m very glad Nintendo of America saw the letters. Hopefully NoJ will be notified.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I wouldn't delete it myself just in case you decide to come back, but it's your call. Either way, sad to see a fellow Genobro stepping out of here, but stay safe and stay strong! Farewell!

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Honestly, if it were only "swords" that were the issue, then I don¨t see why someone like Dante is requested. But yeah... its a downright joke that we don¨t have more diverse roster for Fire Emblem. The roster should be more like this

Marth/Lucina skin
Lyn (most popular character)
Black Knight (due to villain)
Robin (avatar and main character from the game that saved the franchise)
Azura (lance + water and she would stand out more then Corrin. I have her on the list because I think a Fates character would most likely ended up in the base game had Corrin not been a DLC)
Byleth (as a "Pokemon Trainer styled character because it could have been interesting, would not cause more "X is the better lord drama" that there already is, and it was obvious that we would be getting a 3H rep a mile away.)

Put Lucina as a skin because she essentially has become Marth of the new-gen after Awakening saved the franchise, and since it has become a major (not like Zelda, Mario or Pokemon, but still a big cash cow) I don¨t think six fighters from the serious would be that "weird".

Yes, most use sword, but it would be more diverse, and it would represent every era.

Alakazam, Gardevoir and Kecelon
I'd say Hector too because he'd be heavy and use an axe plus he's cooler than Lyn imo. Ashnard could also be cool for a villain and would represent mounted units which we've yet to see. Ephraim would be cool but yeah maybe Azura would be better for Lance. I like Byleth as Pokemon Trainer type character idea a lot and hadn't thought of that.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I'd say Hector too because he'd be heavy and use an axe plus he's cooler than Lyn imo. Ashnard could also be cool for a villain and would represent mounted units which we've yet to see. Ephraim would be cool but yeah maybe Azura would be better for Lance. I like Byleth as Pokemon Trainer type character idea a lot and hadn't thought of that.
If it weren¨t for Lyn's popularity, I would have said Hector too. Black Knight because he is easily the most iconic and popular villain.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/03/the_end_of_an_era_e3_2020_is_officially_cancelled

Well there we go. It’s official.

I will always love E3 too many good memories and the event holds a place in my heart forever.

But this was the right call the health and well-being of others comes above everything.

Hopefully this passes in time!

I‘m sure Nintendo has plans and hopefully we hear from them! Soon!
This scares me when it says, "The end of an era". I hope E3 2020 is just being cancelled, hopefully E3 2021 and above aren't cancelled either because I really want to go back to LA again for E3. It's just E3 2020 that's being cancelled, right?

D

Deleted member

This thread has almost 3000 pages. Is this the most pages in the history of this website?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
This thread has almost 3000 pages. Is this the most pages in the history of this website?
Slow your roll there, we *just* hit 2500 not too long ago. Quite a ways away from 3000! That's another 20% of the pages already existing!

Okay who the **** shattered Star Road?
Who would win? The Star Road, where our wishes go and home to many star spirits and higher authorities, or one pointy boi?

D

Deleted member

Slow your roll there, we *just* hit 2500 not too long ago. Quite a ways away from 3000! That's another 20% of the pages already existing!

Who would win? The Star Road, where our wishes go and home to many star spirits and higher authorities, or one pointy boi?
If we get FP6 I think we may go at a much faster pace. Anyway, mind if I speculate with you guys?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
If we get FP6 I think we may go at a much faster pace.
If Geno is DLC 6, I guarantee there will be a quick surge in posts of "OMG YAY" and "CONGRATS GENO THREAD!" then a lot of people (myself included) will likely dip out. Some will stick around as the thread goes from Newcomer Speculation to a normal Fighter thread (like Banjo's did).

Anyway, mind if I speculate with you guys?
No one's stopping you, feel free, as long as what you say isn't anti-Geno spam (since we go OT all the time in here, waiting for new topics/info to come about, lol).

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Ay! I've finally made one of those post thingies in Splatoon 2 and you'll never guess what I put in it. Gotta spread the message far and wide.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

What's that, this is just an excuse for me to plug my mediocre Twitter, you say? Pfff nah I'd never do that

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Toilet paper in Japan was largely out of stock the past two weeks but it’s starting to come back. I was able to buy two bags of it after work yesterday and it was the same price as before the how panic but hysteria. Face masks and sanitizer on the other hand are non-existent. Which sucks as the government is literally forcing people to wear masks when they go out, go to work, shop, etc. My wife and I mass panic bought diapers two weeks ago fearing we wouldn’t have enough and the right sizes wouldn’t be available. They were replenished in three days and now we have ten bags of diapers.

Anyways, it’s sucks that E3 got cancelled and hopefully they can move it to a digital format. Seeing Ultimate at E3 and Banjo/Hero last year was extreme hype.
You know, for encouraging us to stay on topic so much about Geno, coming into the Geno thread and specifically not talking about Geno sets a bad example for others. You know, like Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo who never talks about Geno here yet nothing is done about it.

Either enforce the rules and lead by example, or don't, but at least take a stance and be consistent please.

This scares me when it says, "The end of an era". I hope E3 2020 is just being cancelled, hopefully E3 2021 and above aren't cancelled either because I really want to go back to LA again for E3. It's just E3 2020 that's being cancelled, right?
Gonna have to disagree bud. I'm hoping that all E3s are cancelled from now on. The had plans to fundamentally change how they worked and make is less about new consoles and games and more about those who showed up being the product that was to be sold. It's been falling apart for years now and been basically uninteresting and pointless for just about as long. No one wants to go and it's even getting less viewership online as well.

It's just not something we need anymore, and what it's turning into is much less interesting.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I was thinking a bit and I thought of something that only helped make CacoMallow seem a bit more real.
A good chunk of the time, when people manage to fake things like this, they'll generally try and add text to their post and try to talk about more content coming than just the fake leak they've posted. It doesn't even have to be like they pretend to know the whole FP too, you'd think if this leak was faked, they'd have at least tried to post more about the content coming with Geno/Doomslayer or even just confirming at all in their post that Geno and Doomslayer are coming. But this dude never used the opportunity to spice up his leak like that, which only makes me think this dude was genuine and only really knew about the two Mii Costumes so he couldn't spill much else. Not saying this 100% confirms the leak, far from it, they still could've faked it and not tried to spice it up at all but they didn't and only gave us Mii Costumes. It feels like there are a lot of things about CacoMallow that tend to break the conventions of fake leaks.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I was thinking a bit and I thought of something that only helped make CacoMallow seem a bit more real.
You'd also have more people saying the leak is fake, not "the leak is unconfirmable so idk". Grinch Leak had a ton of "this is fake" people; CacoMallow has mostly "looks legit"/"idk".

Granted, I got burned by Grinch leak and this is just my personal bias wanting Geno in, so who even knows at this point. All I do is compile stuff and add my own subjective (read: dumb) opinions on things.

You should make it the default B you have now, only with a Geno hat on.
Parallel me, quit stealing my lines. Also when are you putting a hat on your pfp? It should sit on the top part above the "M".

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Is it really? That surprises me with how little I ever hear about modern DK and how much FE is thrown around.
I don't know whether or not you grew up in the Rareware era in the late 90s and early 2000s, but back then DKC was huge and the sales and quality from the DKC games from that period stand the test of time to this day. The DKC games were outselling the Zelda games at the time believe it or not. The only reason DKC isn't as big anymore is because Microsoft purchased Rare in 2002 and things didn't pick up again for the series until Retro made DKCR in 2010.

And like I wrote... "as far as I understand"... but if he did not, then my apologies to R RetrogamerMax
I said Fatmanonice Fatmanonice was the one that first mentioned about someone else originally being in Byleth's place at the end of SP1. Or at least I think it was Fatman that first said that.

It was nice knowing you @Neon05 I wish you good luck on your future endeavors.

For a character support thread it is. But for a thread in general it is not.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
You know, for encouraging us to stay on topic so much about Geno, coming into the Geno thread and specifically not talking about Geno sets a bad example for others. You know, like Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo who never talks about Geno here yet nothing is done about it.

Either enforce the rules and lead by example, or don't, but at least take a stance and be consistent please.

Gonna have to disagree bud. I'm hoping that all E3s are cancelled from now on. The had plans to fundamentally change how they worked and make is less about new consoles and games and more about those who showed up being the product that was to be sold. It's been falling apart for years now and been basically uninteresting and pointless for just about as long. No one wants to go and it's even getting less viewership online as well.

It's just not something we need anymore, and what it's turning into is much less interesting.
This is a global issue that is impacting the lives of tens of millions. I’m not gonna hound on anyone for discussing this virus, the E3 cancellation, or anything like that because it affects everyone here. I’m sure there are a few in this thread who have it including myself. As well, I posted what I did to help reassure the thread that products will be restocked since, here in Japan, toilet paper is back after three weeks of being out. I will agree that my personal experience with the virus was off-topic and I apologize for that. I’ll refrain from such posts in the future and try to stay on point to the topic at hand.

There’s one thing about going on about this virus and the issues surrounding it and I personally find it understandable that discussion will happen. However, going at length about everyone’s favorite pizza or spending pages discussing a Dante leak would be off-topic in my opinion. For the record, I do try to keep my interaction here limited to Geno. This time I didn’t.

I would not want to see E3 finished but I would like to see E3 transition to a more digital format. I’m sure that will happen as interest as waned from the event. I do hope, for the Geno thread, that Geno is the first character revealed for the Fighter Pass 2. It would be great to see it finally happen and I would be very happy to see you guys happy. Personally though, I would prefer seeing either Crash, Sora, or Doomslayer as the first reveal.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I would not want to see E3 finished but I would like to see E3 transition to a more digital format.
The worst part about it going truly digital (although it most likely will) is that there is a lot of games that get¨s greenlighted behind the scenes. The Star Fox addition for the Switch version of Star Link, and the entire Mario + Rabbids game were pitched during E3

D

Deleted member

The worst part about it going truly digital (although it most likely will) is that there is a lot of games that get¨s greenlighted behind the scenes. The Star Fox addition for the Switch version of Star Link, and the entire Mario + Rabbids game were pitched during E3
Pretty sure they can still accomplish that through good old fashioned phone calls and emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom