• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Push as much as you want, it's just not going to happen. Good luck coming close to Mario and Zelda, let alone Pokemon. AC is a very casual game (as I advertised it to my mother, "it's a game you cannot lose or play wrong") which is what makes it a huge hit with everyone to just chill with.
I don¨t know... The mobile game, as much as I hate to say it... has ranked in millions and is Nintendo's most successful app next to Pokemon Go.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
So when they decided the first pass it went like this
"Hey I want to make these 5 as a fighter"
"Sorry but you need to add Byleth"
"Sigh okay".
That's still very significant when the creator of the game wanted to end on a different character but Nintendo said no. Who could that character have been? Geno perhaps?

Sherlock I said Nintendo was pushing it not me.
Max c'mon, you know I wasn't saying *you* were pushing it. I was using the general "you".

DK while it hasn't had that many major games since Rare was around is still Nintendo's 4th best selling franchise with over 50 million sales. Fire Emblem will never that and had Rare not left Nintendo in 2002 DK would have more sales than Zelda right now and that is the facts. Retro's DKC games sell almost twice as more as a Fire Emblem game does for Intelligent Systems so DK is still ahead of it even though it isn't release as many games as Fire Emblem.
Is it really? That surprises me with how little I ever hear about modern DK and how much FE is thrown around.

I don¨t know... The mobile game, as much as I hate to say it... has ranked in millions and is Nintendo's most successful app next to Pokemon Go.
Sorry, I don't count mobile games for anything, especially when many of them are reskins of other existing games anyway. I'm talking about games sold on PC/a console.

Mobile gaming is an entirely different beast and category and shouldn't be talked about in regards to "Video Gaming" (at least not until it grows the heck up out of its similar to "pre-NES Wild West" days).

Last edited:

Antho

Smash Apprentice
I know it's hard to read every post on here but I've already responded to this so many times. I'll try and say something I haven't said before.

I'll start with the contours of the Banjo deal and compare that proposition to Geno.

Banjo was frankly more popular than Geno to begin with, meaning more DLC sales (more value for Nintendo). Microsoft's value is the enrichment of the the Banjo IP which they can capitalize on how they see fit -- as things are now, Square can't capitalize on the value of Geno's return to prominence at all. Microsoft didn't want to share the value of Banjo's newfound relevancy with Nintendo, but instead they brought other titles to the system (Cuphead, Ori) - there's extra value for Nintendo (and MS, really -- X1 is end of life and it's extra sales). A great deal for everyone.

Now, Master Chief vs. Banjo

We know Microsoft is not bringing Halo to Switch. They are not even willing to bring Rare Replay to Switch. Adding Master Chief to Smash will enrich one of the most profitable IPs of a major competitor, and yeah, that's a huge value for Microsoft. But Smash players aren't particularly clamoring for Master Chief like they were for Banjo (less DLC sales for Nintendo), MC has never and will never appear on a Nintendo system (no shared value of enriching the IP), and at most Microsoft will throw Nintendo a handful of additional indie game ports they owns the right to (diminishing returns after the Banjo deal).

There are two sides to these deals. Nintendo has to profit and the third party has to profit. Just... come on, man. Did you really think this argument was a slam dunk because including Master Chief would provide more value for just Microsoft?

Terry: Here's the interview with SNK again about making SNK Heroines a Switch physical exclusive and bringing more games to the console.

Cloud: Dude. Obviously the value to Square Enix is the value of enriching the IP, which they are literally using in a major release right now. This is a huge value! Where do they get that kind of value from Geno being included?! There has to be something in it for them! Nintendo got ports of FF7 - X on Switch (which you write off for some reason?!) and if you haven't noticed SE has been one of Nintendo's most reliable partners this generation... of course SE held their projects for the Switch... even Nintendo knew the Wii U was a disaster by the time Cloud's DLC was released. They knew it when Smash 4 was released--that's why it's on 3DS!
Still, Cloud came with nothing except two mii costumes and nothing else for years. Cloud was even hard to get back for Base Ultimate because Square thought they could get more money from him being DLC if I remember correctly. I wasn’t writing off the ports, I was saying it took a long time for Square to even port them in the first place, therefore only really making revenue from Cloud for the longest time. Banjo may be popular but Nintendo and Microsoft could have also easily went with Steve, a character that already had a presence on Nintendo consoles along with more games for Switch coming after, and both could have profited way more, because Minecraft is one of the biggest games on the planet. But they went with Banjo for the fans. I don’t really think Banjo coming to Smash would have affected how Cuphead or Ori would have sold either, considering Banjo doesn’t appear in neither and all are drastically different games, so it could have easily been someone else taking his spot. I don’t really think the Microsoft/Nintendo deal was a one time thing either, because I think Microsoft might have realized they’re able to reach some sort of audience on the switch by now that they don’t already have.
If Square thought “To put Geno in Smash, we have to make a huge profit off of him other than the smash sales, so let’s put him in more games and make more games with Nintendo with him in it”, I’m pretty sure they’d just put in the 75 cent mii costume by now then go through all of that effort just to make Geno seem relevant again. All they’d really have to do is put SMRPG on NSO.

Last edited:

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
I honestly see this, like with many other mobile games that earn a lot of money, as a case of a small percentage of people spending more money on a game than any sane person should, aka, whales. It's gacha after all.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
I think that i know the reason as to why we didn't get a general direct.
Nintendo was going to do the usual stuff with directs, first the general one, and then the E3 one.
But, due to the sudden outbreak of the coronavirus, Nintendo saw that E3 was most definitely going to get canceled.
So, now they are thinking:"Man, how do we have a E3 direct WITHOUT E3?"
And thus, an idea popped in their heads.
They would merge both general and E3 directs to create an MAGNUM direct that could potentially be about an hour long (my speculation anyways)
That would explain as to why some insiders say that the direct is going to be like an E3 direct.
So Nintendo didn't delay the direct because of the coronavirus, they delayed it because they wanted to put stuff from the E3 direct in the general one!
I still think there’s going to be an E3 Direct, but that doesn’t rule out a 1-Hour Direct from happening.

D

Deleted member

So, about these rumors that E3 is going to be cancelled on account of the corona virus...

I greatly fear that the panic surrounding the corona virus will compel us to continue doing things like shutting down major events, isolating ourselves from each other, shutting down the economy, which will do little to prevent the spread of the virus given it has a long incubation period and has already spread around for months, and will ultimately hurt us all in the long run. What's going to happen when the pandemic lasts for months and months and we're *still* shutting down every major event and a lot of what were once voluntary measures become enforced, possibly by law? What happens when major dev studios crash and burn because of this?

We seriously need to have a talk about this and band together as the gaming community and push for real change to deal with stuff like the corona virus in ways that are not Draconian, like pushing for mass testing, free health insurance in the U.S., etc.
In my opinion, "draconian" measures are the best cure for situations like this. A virus can't spread without hosts and we're blessed to live in an age where so much of what needs to be done can be done from the safety of your own home. It's a shame that so many jobs are still in cramped offices and so many public gatherings are seen as some sort of necessity.

Why is E3 important? Why do we consider it some sort of boon that a third party rents out a convention center, sells space to other companies and sells tickets to thousands of people, just for the lines to be wrapped around the massive spaces rented out, the venue full of advertising material and displays and of course all of this stuff takes electricity to run. I'm not some kind of environmentalist, but for a society so obsessed with keeping the Earth clean and energy efficient, this sort of stuff should be the first to go. Nintendo's slow as hell when it comes to adopting useful technology for, say, online gaming, but when they chose to have a Nintendo Direct take the place of their presentation at E3, they were living in the year 3000 comparatively.

Do your advertisement on Twitch or on your own website, it's remarkably easy to set up a dedicated streaming server. They know full well it was going to get broadcast on someone's Twitch channel anyway, and that means all the ad revenue, if any, goes to them. Why not own that, too? Why not distribute these demos to the world instead of the people who can make it to this event that, despite being very public, is still very exclusive given the travel and event costs? Whenever I bring this up, someone inevitably tells me "they don't want the demo datamined", but that doesn't happen if you have some level of care in what you're releasing. It probably sounds crazy to say, but imo thinking we need these trade shows is tantamount to brainwashing, and consumers are not the only ones who got brainwashed.

Maybe my opinion is kind of skewed, I'm a mild hypochondriac and kind of a shut in. I get that it's fun to go out and be around people in an environment that you're all passionate about - there's something that feels incredible about that, and I probably never would have known about it if it weren't for Smash driving me to be involved in the competitive scene... But it's not the end of the world for conventions and events to be cancelled, especially when public health is on the line. I didn't show up to my own local weekly and I told everyone involved in it why - I think our scene will survive despite being small. There's no question that video games and their commercial viability will survive without E3.

So anyway, Geno.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
anjo may be popular but Nintendo and Microsoft could have also easily went with Steve, a character that already had a presence on Nintendo consoles along with more games for Switch coming after, and both could have profited way more, because Minecraft is one of the biggest games on the planet. But they went with Banjo for the fans.
To add to this, didn't someone (Sakurai?) reveal that the allowance of Minecraft on Switch was what led to more easily getting BK on Smash? I remember seeing that somewhere recently, but as I've said many times before, this short-term memory of mine is bad. You'd think if this is to be the case, it would make the most sense for Steve to be in Smash first, y'know?

I honestly see this, like with many other mobile games that earn a lot of money, as a case of a small percentage of people spending more money on a game than any sane person should, aka, whales. It's gacha after all.
That's the case for the vast majority of freemium games, though you get the occasional purchase from a ton of people too; I've done it before, I'm sure all of you have spent at least a dollar total across all mobile games at some point. It doesn't matter how many people download your good-or-bad F2P game, what matters is how many people are spending money, and you know damn well most people aren't spending $60 on a mobile game. It's an awful model and I really do hope mobile gaming one day grows the **** up because gamers aren't going to take it seriously until it wants to be taken seriously.

Also, last chance for Nintendo to announce a direct, since I doubt they'd do it later than 12p Eastern.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
To be fair, I don't see how free health care and mass testing would stem the tide of the virus. One of those might give the public better visibility but the issue lies in the virus' long incubation period and the fact that someone can be contagious long before they're symptomatic. Combine this with the airborne nature of it and we're looking at pretty complicated fix. Shutting down public events (at least for the time being) is a start, but if this thing is half as bad as the flu or common cold, a vaccine is going to be the only truly reliable method of killing it in its tracks (which the powers that be ARE currently working on). In the mean time, people need to stop panicking, wash their hands frequently, limit activities in public and realize that buying ten pallets of toilet paper is not going to accomplish anything.
Free healthcare would mean that does who now live with the bottom on the barrel income have the luxury of actually being able to stay home without going bankrupt. Mass-testing in the sense of checking every passenger that has been in either Italy, Iran or China should be an obvious thing to do. And about the toilet paper... while it certainly everything you need, it is certainly one of the things that are good to stack up if it will be necessary for you to be home for a good while together with food that won¨t die on you fast. As someone that suffers from health issues and has family that has health issues are gonna need to stay at home for lord knows how long if it get¨s worse here in Sweden. So it makes sense for people to stack up on things even if some might take a step back and think through what they should stack up on

That's still very significant when the creator of the game wanted to end on a different character but Nintendo said no. Who could that character have been? Geno perhaps?
Well, its Nintendo that pays for the game... and it is still different than "no... we have come to realize that we suddenly want you to add Byleth in even though we didn¨t say anything about it when we first greenlighted the DLC".

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Well, its Nintendo that pays for the game... and it is still different than "no... we have come to realize that we suddenly want you to add Byleth in even though we didn¨t say anything about it when we first greenlighted the DLC".
I get that, and again, it's still not what Max said. It's not what anyone in here is saying still. It's just a known fact that Sakurai wanted someone else for the slot. That was it. That's also still significant that he wanted to end FP1 (at the time, this was the end of our DLC) with someone else. That's all he was saying.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Ah, E3 has been canceled eh? I had a suspicion that could happen for precaution.

If we connect all the speculating thoughts (hope that won't trigger some people talking about directs and Nintendo), it does seem the whole Virus stuff has been affecting things. It can also explain why there hasn't been a direct or any real announcements. With E3 around the corner, I bet things were "set on hold" to see how the Virus stuff has panned out up to E3. They could also be waiting, or even coming up with changes, to their Direct and all that may need to make some changes since things were either pushed or set on hold.

Heck, they may make one BIG direct that combines the first quarter direct with the E3 ... maybe wait to show it at E3 time or any other date.

Everything is up in the air and has been scrambled a bit. It looks like we will be playing the sitting game for awhile.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I get that, and again, it's still not what Max said. It's not what anyone in here is saying still. It's just a known fact that Sakurai wanted someone else for the slot. That was it. That's also still significant that he wanted to end FP1 (at the time, this was the end of our DLC) with someone else. That's all he was saying.
And like I wrote... "as far as I understand"... but if he did not, then my apologies to R RetrogamerMax

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
E3 being cancelled is honestly a mercy killing because most people have quietly resented it since, like, 2010 so it being forcibly push kicked into its grave like this just speeds up the process by a good 2-3 years. This just creates an opportunity to create something better. To be on topic, this is essentially the opportunity the Mario RPGs are currently presented with. They ultimately lost sight of what made games like SMRPG and TTYD great and gradually got worse, leading to both Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi to currently be on life support. Honestly, I hate it but sometimes developers will only get a clue if something hard fails long enough and, holy hell, this is depressingly relevant to a lot of things...

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
E3 being cancelled is honestly a mercy killing because most people have quietly resented it since, like, 2010 so it being forcibly push kicked into its grave like this just speeds up the process by a good 2-3 years. This just creates an opportunity to create something better. To be on topic, this is essentially the opportunity the Mario RPGs are currently presented with. They ultimately lost sight of what made games like SMRPG and TTYD great and gradually got worse, leading to both Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi to currently be on life support. Honestly, I hate it but sometimes developers will only get a clue if something hard fails long enough and, holy hell, this is depressingly relevant to a lot of things...
You would think this would also apply to the Mario Party series but alas....

Polarthief

Smash Lord
E3 being cancelled is honestly a mercy killing because most people have quietly resented it since, like, 2010 so it being forcibly push kicked into its grave like this just speeds up the process by a good 2-3 years. This just creates an opportunity to create something better.
Oh I know, and I'm actually glad it was cancelled, but in another sense, it sucks that everything fun is being cancelled or delayed/pushed back. It's depressing, and the least we want is just the damn Nintendo Direct, which I've been past my limit on already (you could say I'm limit breaking...), and now we're likely gonna see it in 2 weeks just for it to not show up and get pushed back further... That said, if this kills E3 for good, that's totally fine and I'd much rather everyone do the Nintendo Direct approach.

To be on topic, this is essentially the opportunity the Mario RPGs are currently presented with. They ultimately lost sight of what made games like SMRPG and TTYD great and gradually got worse, leading to both Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi to currently be on life support. Honestly, I hate it but sometimes developers will only get a clue if something hard fails long enough and, holy hell, this is depressingly relevant to a lot of things...
Yeah, it would be nice if this is the turnaround point, but what happens if the turnaround is also sucky? Kinda like...

You would think this would also apply to the Mario Party series but alas....
Literally what I was thinking of but you beat me to it. SMP has the base gameplay of the old Mario Parties, but that's it. It's as barebones as it gets. It's the Gen 8 (Pokemon) of Mario Parties.

I didn't bother with 9 and 10, but I feel like I might rather be playing those than SMP. They all suck compared to 1-3 though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

realize that buying ten pallets of toilet paper is not going to accomplish anything.
An entire generation of children is going to grow up thinking toilet paper is just something that comes with your house and is expected to last a lifetime. The day will come that they'll have to buy their own and it'll be an alien experience for them.

Also just to throw my understanding out there, which could very well be flawed - it isn't that you can transmit the disease without symptoms, but that your symptoms may be so mild that you don't even realize you're sick. It is very easy to have a low fever without feeling too down, and given the time of year, a cough might not even seem out of place. A double edged sword, as it means that for many, it will be caught and an immunity acquired to it without any huge problems, but likewise it spreads under the radar and some people just get unlucky and end up with worse symptoms. The random nature of it is why I hate this virus **** in the first place, corona or otherwise.

To be on topic, this is essentially the opportunity the Mario RPGs are currently presented with. They ultimately lost sight of what made games like SMRPG and TTYD great and gradually got worse, leading to both Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi to currently be on life support. Honestly, I hate it but sometimes developers will only get a clue if something hard fails long enough and, holy hell, this is depressingly relevant to a lot of things...
I didn't think it was Intelligent Systems or Alpha Dream losing sight of what made those games great as much as it was Miyamoto not letting them continue doing what made them great?

Last edited by a moderator:

Firox

Smash Master
Free healthcare would mean that does who now live with the bottom on the barrel income have the luxury of actually being able to stay home without going bankrupt. Mass-testing in the sense of checking every passenger that has been in either Italy, Iran or China should be an obvious thing to do. And about the toilet paper... while it certainly everything you need, it is certainly one of the things that are good to stack up if it will be necessary for you to be home for a good while together with food that won¨t die on you fast. As someone that suffers from health issues and has family that has health issues are gonna need to stay at home for lord knows how long if it get¨s worse here in Sweden. So it makes sense for people to stack up on things even if some might take a step back and think through what they should stack up on
Couple things:

A) I don't see how free health care = getting to stay home without going bankrupt. Those on welfare (in the states) don't have to work for a living anyway and even if you go to a doctor without having to pay out of pocket, you're still going to have to physically go into public putting yourself and others at risk. If the issue is whether your work allows you to take a leave of absence for quarantine, etc. with or without pay, that depends on the policy of your company benefits and/or state government worker's compensation. That has nothing to do with the individual price of health care.

B) Toilet paper is obviously a home staple, but the idiots loading up 10 pallet's worth are completely nonsensical. We're talking about a virus here, not an earthquake or a hurricane. Even in quarantine, you can easily last 2-3 weeks off a pack of 12 or so rolls (unless you eat 1 roll per duke, lol). People are just sheep, following the panic buyers' examples and selling out certain commodities that don't even matter in the context of the emergency. If people are going to stock up, buy canned food, hand sanitizer or face masks. Bottled water and toilet paper are pretty frivolous in the grand scheme of things, at least with a virus like this. Heck, this sickness doesn't even give you the runs like flu or cholera so crap tons (hehehe) of toilet paper isn't going to do much except piss off Costco patrons.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I didn't think it was Intelligent Systems or Alpha Dream losing sight of what made those games great as much as it was Miyamoto not letting them continue doing what made them great?
Idk about M&L but Miyamoto's requirements of simplicity + "must innovate" (read: gimmick) ruined SS. They "innovated" it so hard that it lost everything we loved about PM.

D

Deleted member

Idk about M&L but Miyamoto's requirements of simplicity + "must innovate" (read: gimmick) ruined SS. They "innovated" it so hard that it lost everything we loved about PM.
I can't look at the redone sprites of the Superstar Saga remake without thinking a certain creator who is a bit past his prime demanded the soul be ripped from the game.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Ya, it's funny how despite their "innovations", Sticker Star is still one of the least original Mario games to date. The stories, characters and locales from the first 3 Paper Marios made them way more fresh than whatever the hell they tried to with SS.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I can't look at the redone sprites of the Superstar Saga remake without thinking a certain creator who is a bit past his prime demanded the soul be ripped from the game.
Was that his doing though? It looks just like Dream Team which came out 4 years before it. Gameplay and whatnot, yeah that's his doing, but idk about art direction.
As much as I love and respect Miyamoto, he absolutely should not have *any* pull in modern game development. If they want to consult him on something, sure, go ahead, but having the power to scrap the game should not be in his toolbox. The man is very behind the times. Not every game needs to be so simplistic (and frankly, boring, especially in an RPG).

Ya, it's funny how despite their "innovations", Sticker Star is still one of the least original Mario games to date. The stories, characters and locales from the first 3 Paper Marios made them way more fresh than whatever the hell they tried to with SS.
I wouldn't say it's not original, that's not the best word to describe it. It's original for sure in being an RPG where you can RUN OUT OF ****ING MOVES MID-BATTLE, but I get the point you're saying.

Seriously, there's a reason you don't make an RPG where you can run out of moves. Even Pokemon back in the freaking 90s added in Struggle, ffs... They also added that one vital thing to RPG battles... you know, fun?

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
Seriously, there's a reason you don't make an RPG where you can run out of moves. Even Pokemon back in the freaking 90s added in Struggle, ffs... They also added that one vital thing to RPG battles... you know, fun?
Aaaah, Struggle. That brings back memories. I remember slogging it through Blue version's Victory Road when all my PP ran out....

Last edited:

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
With the death of Mario & Luigi and (sorta) Paper Mario, I think Nintendo should dive deep into a niche Mario RPG but with aspects that appeal to wider audiences as well.

Take the sandbox exploration of Super Mario Odyssey, combine that with a realtime RPG battle system like Kingdom Hearts, and flesh out the mechanics with 7-8 party members (Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Wario, Geno, Mallow, Daisy) and BOOM you would have one cool Mario RPG.

Mario Rabbids, for the record, was a very cool game and I liked it a lot save for the rabbids and the linear exploration. Maybe Mario Rabbids is the next step in the Mario RPG continuum?

link2702

Smash Champion
....resist the urge to make a struggle is real joke...

Anyway, e3 being canceled is i guess understandable, still sucks though.

Agh...we need some news that’s actually good right now....

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Aaaah, Struggle. That brings back memories. I remember slogging it through Blue version's Victory Road when all my PP ran out....
When I was a kid, I don't think I ever once ran into Struggle issues. My party would either be wiped out (or at least the mon getting close to hitting Struggle), or I would have ran to a Pokemon Center.

But yeah, making an RPG where literally every attack/heal/etc is an item triggers that part of many gamers' brains that they need to preserve their stickers (items), like I do, especially with the important ones. There's a reason the MP (or FP) system exists so you're not just getting to use your powerful moves and AoE attacks all the time, but when your BASIC FREAKING ATTACKS are also on the MP/FP/Item system... like... ffs, how did anyone even remotely think this was a good idea? Also rewarding battles where you waste your attacks/items with NOTHING BUT MONEY (which is only used to buy those moves you just wasted)... The game failed at basic game design 101.

With the death of Mario & Luigi and (sorta) Paper Mario, I think Nintendo should dive deep into a niche Mario RPG but with aspects that appeal to wider audiences as well.
Yeah? I'm down!

Take the sandbox exploration of Super Mario Odyssey
Holy crap, this is sounding amazing!

combine that with a realtime RPG battle system like Kingdom Hearts
*inhales sharply* And then you lost me. I really wish we had a better term for games like this other than "ARPG" because turn-based RPGs and ARPGs are not that alike.

Legit if this game existed, I would cry similarly to when Sticker Star was a total turd. I wouldn't even care if it was good, it would just be disappointing that, like SPM, we're getting a genre-shift.

Mario Rabbids, for the record, was a very cool game and I liked it a lot save for the rabbids and the linear exploration. Maybe Mario Rabbids is the next step in the Mario RPG continuum?
Except Mario & Rabbids is an original spin-off series and isn't banking on predecessors like SMRPG and Paper Mario. If you made an SMRPG 2 that was like KH, that's literally pulling a Super Paper Mario/Sticker Star, or even a Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. There's a reason you don't do genre shifts: They piss off your fans.

....resist the urge to make a struggle is real joke...
"Polarthief's out of PP (Patience Points)! Polarthief used Struggle! It doesn't affect enemy Nintendo Direct!"
(PS: The Direct is Ghost-type because it's not real and it didn't affect it because I used Gen 1 rules)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I honestly resent the fact that the wait for the Direct has evolved from "I can't wait to see what Nintendo's 2020 plans are" to "holy hell, everything is going to **** on a global scale and I just want some good news of some kind..." in only about a month...

Firox

Smash Master
I honestly resent the fact that the wait for the Direct has evolved from "I can't wait to see what Nintendo's 2020 plans are" to "holy hell, everything is going to **** on a global scale and I just want some good news of some kind..." in only about a month...
Yeeeaaaaah, 2020 is only three months in and already looks like crap.

Firox

Smash Master
They warned us that it would be a sign of the end times if Geno got into Smash... If only we had listened...
Summer Direct: "Geno whirls into battle!"

(Covid-19 mutates into Zombie Fever, kicking off the apocalypse just in time for Skynet to launch the world's nuclear arsenal at itself)

Genobros: "Worth it."

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Eh, while I'm not all Doom and gloom, from my personal experiences, 2020 has SUCKED badly, so I could go for some non-crappy news right now, even if it's just character 76's reveal.

D

Deleted member

Yeeeaaaaah, 2020 is only three months in and already looks like crap.
I'm normally kind of a pessimist as I have exhibited in this thread in the past, but I think it's healthy to remind everyone (and myself) that things aren't all as bad as they seem. As related to the virus, it's overlooked, but approximately half of the confirmed cases of COVID-19 globally have recovered. Good things happen and they happen often, but they don't get clicks, they don't breed fear, and because of that, they don't keep people glued to the screen and hooked on advertisements, so of course they end up buried or not reported on outside of the local level, if there, even. Essentially, being afraid is a business and you're working there, not getting paid for it.

Find some good in the world, if only for a moment.

link2702

Smash Champion
Summer Direct: "Geno whirls into battle!"

(Covid-19 mutates into Zombie Fever, kicking off the apocalypse just in time for Skynet to launch the world's nuclear arsenal at itself)

Genobros: "Worth it."
I KNEW all that planning for the zombie apocalypse was worth it....

And i get geno too? Double worth it.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Even with E3 not happening, I seriously doubt Nintendo will cancel a summer general direct. They've been doing this for so long I can't imagine them wanting to cancel summer streams in general

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Apparently it's the ultimate Monkey's Paw wish:

"I wish Geno was in Smash."

World ****in' ends horrifically shortly after.
Okay but those of us who live get Geno in forever, and it's not like you need electricity to play it if you have a bunch of stockpiled batteries that have a USB slot ;)

I KNEW all that planning for the zombie apocalypse was worth it....

And i get geno too? Double worth it.
Imagine two prepper Genobros just waiting out Coronavirus in a bunker, playing Smash happily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom