• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The virus spreads easily, like other viruses; you can simply be standing next to someone and their breath could drift your way, or touch something someone else touched. You may also carry it for a long while before actually seeing any symptoms/realizing you have it. While this isn't much of a big deal for viruses they've already developed stuff like vaccines for, this virus doesn't even have a vaccine yet.

I'm inside almost all the time, so personally there's no way for me to get it directly, but a family member could and pass it onto me if it spreads close enough here (and while I would be concerned about myself, personally I'd mainly be concerned about them). It's already in my state. Who cares if most people only get it if they're already sick or are elderly, we have family members like that and I'm personally one of those people with weaker immune systems (mainly due to medicine I have to take) and a disease (kidney disease, needed a transplant and got one, which is what the medicine is for); no one's death should be shrugged off.

Yes, we will likely survive, but we shouldn't pretend it's so easy to get past because of past precedent, because then we're careless.
Its a good thing I dont work customer service and only work with dogs with very little interaction with the owners. Then I get home and my dad immediately makes me wash my hands and I use hand sanitizer all day, Dad got several bottles

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Also unfortunately, so many people are really scared by this virus, forgetting so easily how this happens every so often and we live on just by doing the basic necessities of surviving from a virus. There is also a lot of misinformation and fudged numbers both for and against the virus, but keep in mind that the majority of the few deaths that have happened in the US are of the elderly and people who were either already ill or easily succumb to sickness.
The fact that you are only speaking about the US about this "its only a virus" shows how badly you are informed on this. This is just not a regular virus, this something that World Health Organization officially called a pandemic, dangerous enough that it warranting canceling the likes of cinema con, E3, NBA. ****... even the Olympics is most likely gonna move because of this.

And don¨t get me started on how this "virus" will damage the global economy...

f China had not been on such a strict lockdown at the beginning... it would have been so much worse worldwide... Italy is currently on lockdown with no one getting in or out.

And your right... you don¨t have the exact numbers over in the states because people need to pay 1500 dollars just to be allowed to be checked..... -_-

It¨s not the end of the world yes, but its certainly not "just a virus" like you act as it is.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Check my comment above
I know, I just saw it because Im slow, rip

but yeah, Its a shame it had to come to that with Italy. Just a few minutes ago my former college just announced it was closing as well for the 16th and 17th

and man.. If the olympics get affected..

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
The virus spreads easily, like other viruses; you can simply be standing next to someone and their breath could drift your way, or touch something someone else touched. You may also carry it for a long while before actually seeing any symptoms/realizing you have it. While this isn't much of a big deal for viruses they've already developed stuff like vaccines for, this virus doesn't even have a vaccine yet.

I'm inside almost all the time, so personally there's no way for me to get it directly, but a family member could and pass it onto me if it spreads close enough here (and while I would be concerned about myself, personally I'd mainly be concerned about them). It's already in my state. Who cares if most people only get it if they're already sick or are elderly, we have family members like that and I'm personally one of those people with weaker immune systems (mainly due to medicine I have to take) and a disease (kidney disease, needed a transplant and got one, which is what the medicine is for); no one's death should be shrugged off.

Yes, we will likely survive, but we shouldn't pretend it's so easy to get past because of past precedent, because then we're careless.
Oh for sure, we shouldn't act like nothing is wrong. That's why I agree with all these event cancellations. Even if the virus isn't super deadly, doing so delays the spread for as long as we can to borrow more time to develop a cure. I'm just not personally worried about it for the US because I have confidence we can make short order of it, but only time will tell. My worry is mostly for other countries who are struggling with it a lot more and don't have healthcare systems to deal with it. Also, misinformation is a very common thing nowadays, thus I encourage people to fact check stuff about the virus to stay in the know.

The fact that you are only speaking about the US about this "its only a virus" shows how badly you are informed on this. This is just not a regular virus, this something that World Health Organization officially called a pandemic, dangerous enough that it warranting canceling the likes of cinema con, E3, NBA. ****... even the Olympics is most likely gonna move because of this.

And don¨t get me started on how this "virus" will damage the global economy...

f China had not been on such a strict lockdown at the beginning... it would have been so much worse worldwide... Italy is currently on lockdown with no one getting in or out.

And your right... you don¨t have the exact numbers over in the states because people need to pay 1500 dollars just to be allowed to be checked..... -_-

It¨s not the end of the world yes, but its certainly not "just a virus" like you act as it is.
Sorry friend, I know you are having personal issues with this virus, but that is no reason to start arguing emotionally over it.

As I mentioned, these events aren't being cancelled due to the mortality rate of the virus, but due to how easily it can spread. Cancelling big events with lots of people who may not even know they have it yet helps delay infection rates to provide more time for study and a cure. Just because a widely-spreading virus isn't very lethal doesn't mean you shouldn't take steps to keep it from spreading faster than normal.

Also, I'm truly only interested in how the US handles it because it's where I live. Sounds selfish, but I don't really need to know how everyone else is handling it, only how the US handles it. Information on Japan, Italy and what not is overall important but doesn't affect me directly at this moment. Surely, I care about other people and generally don't like it when people get sick or die, but my family and myself are my top priority and knowing about how other countries are handling it isn't helpful other than what information they may get about the virus itself. The only country I care about entirely other than the US is China because they are the **** ups who made the virus and allowed this to happen. They would have the most knowledge about it, logically speaking, and thus information they share about it is very important.

I suppose we will see how much damage it really does to the global economy, but I'm going in with high hopes overall.

Also, no one has accurate numbers of infected as knowledge about the virus isn't complete and you can't gather every person who has the virus under one place to document it. It's much like things like the number of women who have suffered assault or people who have taken their own lives: there are things that are difficult to document 100% accurately when you have a large amount of people in that group as you don't know who falls under it and who doesn't and there will always be those who don't report when they should or false reports. Money has nothing to do with it, so let's not debate socio-political things in the Geno Thread, please. I'm guilty of this myself but considering how divisive this kind of topics are these days I'd rather not argue about whether it's better to go into debt to get treatment or be told to wait in line for your turn and possibly never get it.

As a final disclaimer, I'm glad that many of you are worried about the virus because it is a big deal overall. Once again, I encourage you all not to panic and take care of you and yours to your best ability. My heart goes out to those that have it already and I hope the proper steps are being taken to assist them. If China isn't fudging their numbers we may already be seeing some light at the end of the tunnel, so let's hope for the best while we take proper precaution and procedure..

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I'll just give my two cents on the Cornbread virus real quick: is it a world ending catastrophe that should make us flail our arms around and at act all desperate like lunatics? Hell no. But is it a serious disease that's reached pandemic status and should leave us concerned? Yes.

It's totally the right thing to do to cancel stuff like sporting events and even E3 if it's to prevent the virus to spread it even further than it already has. A large group of people packed in a confined space is the exact kind of situation that leads to mass infections, even more so considering that many people catch the virus without noticing any symptoms for days.

And ya, the mortality rate is pretty low apparently, at only 2% iirc, but that number adds up real fast the more people are infected. Now I'm not worried about the virus personally, because I'm still young, rarely get sick so my immune system is solid and my general area isn't even being affected yet, but not everyone has this luck and I don't want anyone dying from an easily preventable disease.

So tl;dr: wash thy hands. That's an order.

cacomallow two hands.png

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Sorry friend, I know you are having personal issues with this virus, but that is no reason to start arguing emotionally over it.
When you underplay this whole scenario like it is a regular virus, of course, me and many others will react.

Yes we should not act like its the end of the world. But with all the info out there, we should not take it like it is a regular flu either...

And apology accepted

Edit - ForsakenM ForsakenM
This is a financial crisis during the 2008 type of numbers.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/isabel...-as-it-spreads-to-new-countries/#4435e56720ea

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I'll just give my two cents on the Cornbread virus real quick: is it a world ending catastrophe that should make us flail our arms around and at act all desperate like lunatics? Hell no. But is it a serious disease that's reached pandemic status and should leave us concerned? Yes.

It's totally the right thing to do to cancel stuff like sporting events and even E3 if it's to prevent the virus to spread it even further than it already has. A large group of people packed in a confined space is the exact kind of situation that leads to mass infections, even more so considering that many people catch the virus without noticing any symptoms for days.

And ya, the mortality rate is pretty low apparently, at only 2% iirc, but that number adds up real fast the more people are infected. Now I'm not worried about the virus personally, because I'm still young, rarely get sick so my immune system is solid and my general area isn't even being affected yet, but not everyone has this luck and I don't want anyone dying from an easily preventable disease.

So tl;dr: wash thy hands. That's an order.

View attachment 265559
Yeah, the people freaking out like society's about to collapse and that they need to buy toilet paper for the next 4 decades are lunatics who were probably freaking out that Ebola or H1N1 was gonna cause that long awaited end of the world. It's important to take precautions (wash your hands, try to avoid touching your face, avoid public gatherings as much as possible, get tested if you feel sick, etc.) but don't be one of those people screeching about how we're facing another Black Death or some **** (Hell, following the Black Death, European society actually rebounded out of the Middle Ages and began advancing a lot more, but I digress). 80% of the infected had mild cases that didn't require hospitalization, we'll likely be just fine.
I'm also young and my immune system is strong (I only get sick for like 1-3 every year) and no cases have been reported in the county my school is in or even the one I live in normally (but some nearby ones have had a case or two so meh).
So yeah, don't be stupid, take precautions, but also don't begin hyperventilating and screaming about the end times because it really isn't helpful and will likely do more damage to the current situation then it would if you just stayed calm
PS: If you aren't washing your hands, Cornbread Virus or not, you prolly deserve whatever's coming your way lol

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
The longer people haven’t accepted cacomallow as being real the more corona virus has spread. Not enough people are talking about this.

Shaboba

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1760-9183-5135
I know I'm a tad late to the party on this, but may I kindly request that someone give my avatar a Geno hat of its own?

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
The longer people haven’t accepted cacomallow as being real the more corona virus has spread. Not enough people are talking about this.
This....this is so scientifically accurate it hurts.
EMBRACE IT PEOPLE FOR THE GREATER GOOD.

Similarly I had a buddy of mine in college that presented a thesis on how the lack of pirates (like yeah, the stereotypical ones) has directly been leading to rising temperatures all over the earth, and argued that the coldest snowiest winter we had had was when all of us had a pirate themed costume party for Halloween, so the earth thought, "Oh yeah, pirates! bout time to fling tons of snow around!"
interesting cause and effect really.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I know I'm a tad late to the party on this, but may I kindly request that someone give my avatar a Geno hat of its own?
Didn't know how you wanted the hat, so I made two versions.
ShabobaGeno.png
ShabobaGeno1.png

If you do...please let me know when you do my #1 most favorite pokemon sneasel
Ehh, Sneasel isn't a Pokemon I usually put on my team. Don't hate 'em, just don't really care for them one way or the other.

Last edited:

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Are there anymore evidence?
Fatman's Essay is the most exhaustive thing that comes to mind for evidence. Some pieces are definitely stronger than others. That's probably a given though.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S2J9qPVD5uMOrhfy29rz9_ot5MvAfNH2dhuAWRUhrhQ/edit

Similarly I had a buddy of mine in college that presented a thesis on how the lack of pirates (like yeah, the stereotypical ones) has directly been leading to rising temperatures all over the earth, and argued that the coldest snowiest winter we had had was when all of us had a pirate themed costume party for Halloween, so the earth thought, "Oh yeah, pirates! bout time to fling tons of snow around!"
interesting cause and effect really.
I too have read the good word of His Holy Noodliness.

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
You're really onto something. Coincidentally, both were out in the wild by late 2019, and as more people started to doubt Cacomallow, the more the virus began to spread. Meanwhile, peeps who still believe it like me are all safe and sound. I wonder why...

MattX20

Smash Hero
So, it appears we do have to wait for the indie showcase next week regarding the general direct. Here's hoping the intel is accurate

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
While I do think there is a high chance Cacomallow is real, this is probably not my favorite take on the matter.

In due time, but joking or not it is probably not best to compare it to what is going on right now.

This virus has basically rocked the world. I don't think I have ever seen anything like it. I really hope in two weeks, this really blows over and we can just focus on the insignificant little pleasures in life. (And Definitely getting Geno into Smash Bros)

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Fatman's Essay is the most exhaustive thing that comes to mind for evidence. Some pieces are definitely stronger than others. That's probably a given though.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S2J9qPVD5uMOrhfy29rz9_ot5MvAfNH2dhuAWRUhrhQ/edit

I too have read the good word of His Holy Noodliness.
Wait, was that some kind of flying spaghetti monster thing? ************ LEAD ME TO BELIEVE THAT WAS HIS IDEA FOR AGES

Edit: I'm bout to send several pissed off text messages, cause I found it.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
CD6E78C0-536A-4E92-AC52-5C2E4935C5FF.jpeg

Man, I just read Fatmanonice Fatmanonice Geno Essay for a second time and I just wanna thank you for this. As a 1990-born from Chile, I truly share all your words and theories, it’s nice to see these people with the same passion and love for the character, such all of the people here, but my big credits are for Fatman.

I was also a kid (probably 6 or 7 years) playing SMRPG so I felt all the words and passion written. Geno is also my top 3 childhood heroes together with Link & Mega Man.

I 100% believe he is coming and my dream roster would be complete just with him (I love other characters also like Skull Kid, Zero or Knuckles) but Im totally done just with Geno playable. It’s all about gratitude. Geno deserves the spot, a single character from an only one (major) game, with 24 years.

I firmly believe he is coming to Smash (as I always said). There is nothing more I can add, all have been said, discussed and written here. Whether he is #76 or #77, he is in. But I’m rooting for Geno to be #77 (as Fatman believes) and for Waluigi-Crash-Doom-Pokemon to be #76, in a mega double reveal in the next Direct. We don’t have a Double Reveal since E3 2019, and we don’t get a General Direct since September 4th 2019 (2019); and then the last reveal being Byleth at January 16th (2020). In conclusion, we don’t have a general Direct since 6 months. I can see perfectly happening a double reveal (a good hype being 76 with a perfect hype being 77-Geno) at the end of March. Then, no more Smash reveals until September 2020. Or the other case; #76 in the last week of March; and #77 (Geno) in the June-Direct.

Anyway, these are the final moments of speculation cause after all, Geno is going to happen sooner than later.

Thanks for reading and credits to the artist of the photo please.

My big respect once again to papagenos papagenos also. The Geno authorities!

#77: GENO RETURNS FROM STAR ROAD!

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
In light of all the recent cancellations/shutdowns/delays of events, I propose that we close the Geno thread, considering our good “pal” Exor here is literally attacking people with the virus.
8A1C0202-DC31-4064-AB52-B9B4EE1A8BC0.png

Okay in all seriousness, E3 and several other events being canceled or suspended indefinitely is a real bummer, and the stock market is taking a bit of a plunge which is probably bad for both Nintendo and Square’s investors right now.

Let’s ride this storm out together folks! Stay safe and clean!

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
^ Wondered how long it would be before somebody posted the Corona attack...all the more reason to put the Smithy gang to permanent unrest, seeing they would gladly cancel the universe.

Just wanted to say some days ago I added a certain blue boi to my bulletin on my wall recently:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Okay in all seriousness, E3 and several other events being canceled or suspended indefinitely is a real bummer, and the stock market is taking a bit of a plunge which is probably bad for both Nintendo and Square’s investors right now.
A couple of weeks ago, the stock market plummets like it was the financial crisis back in 2008. For every event that get¨s canned or postponed, that is X amount of worked delayed or canceled. Those that work in theater chains are most likely screwed with how every big movie is delaying/postpone their releases. A Quiet Place 2 removed themself from their original release date, Fast9 has been delayed a year, now New Mutants and Mulan getting postponed all in the spawn of 2 days.. There is love storage of Nintendo Switches, the PS4, and Xbox series X along with the latest iPhone are most likely going to be delayed.... so yeah... this will truly affect the global economy

ZerBerry

Smash Cadet
I've heard that Fighter Pass 2 would make upset fans happy. Is this true ?
Also I don't if this one is true as well but apparently, the picks are "extravaganza" fighters. If this is true, what it is supposed to mean ? The characters are all hype and very popular picks ?

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I've heard that Fighter Pass 2 would make upset fans happy. Is this true ?
Everyone's hoping it does, but according to Fatmanonice Fatmanonice it most definitely will. From what he's heard, Vol.2 is going to be "Sakurai going online shopping". To wit, the names he's heard are stuff like Geno, Dante, Crash, and even Master Chief.

Also I don't if this one is true as well but apparently, the picks are "extravaganza" fighters. If this is true, what it is supposed to mean ? The characters are all hype and very popular picks ?
Sakurai described the characters for Vol.2 as being "extravagant additions", though judging from the quote I think he's referring to them not being on-disk DLC.
https://www.siliconera.com/masahiro...ne-after-releasing-the-next-6-dlc-characters/

so many tasteless coronavirus jokes going around
I know, right? I like my alcohol to taste good. :ultpacman:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom