• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I know it wouldn't make a lot of sense but I think it'd be cool if WFT got alt costumes of the male/female RFT(rainer). Like a patch that added another 2+ costumes to some characters and you could add some other alt costumes, like Yoshi getting his Black Yoshi alt back, or maybe getting Boshi in as one?

Also HUGE rip if we're waiting til the 26th, ugggggh. I'm getting so sick of this. Remember when it was Feb 12th that was likely? Now we're looking at Mar 26th, ffs -_________-
I know. Insiders can't seem to make up their dang minds, can they?

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Thank god.
This, seriously helps, our special little Wah.
Unsuprising. Can I just say, I'm beyond sick and tired of everybody seeing a new IP from Nintendo and immediately thinking they're getting into Smash as a fighter. I swear, the people pushing for these new characters haven't even played their games, yet they think they're shoe-ins for Smash. It's like a bad running joke at this point.

No, it really doesn't. It only just deconfirms Ring Fit Adventure as our possible first party rep along with Sword and Shield. We still have other titles that may not be announced yet to consider.
If they intended to make them a DLC fighter, they wouldn't have done a Spirit Event to begin with. Hate to be the "fan rules" guy here, but I think at this pont if a character and/or or their game gets a Spirit Event, they aren't getting in as DLC.

https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1237550841529126912/

Ring Fit's out of the running, looks like we likely won't get more promo 1st party picks.
Here's hoping.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
If they intended to make them a DLC fighter, they wouldn't have done a Spirit Event to begin with. Hate to be the "fan rules" guy here, but I think at this pont if a character and/or or their game gets a Spirit Event, they aren't getting in as DLC.
Agreed, at this point people are just grasping on their own wishful thinking for a scenario where their most-wanted gets "promoted" into a playable status.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Censor dodging; image removed
Came out of lurking so I could report a certain someone’s message. Oh, uh, hello everyone! I was absent during SMRPG’s anniversary and most of MAR10 day, so here’s a belated birthday to Geno, Mallow, and the rest of the SMRPG gang!

But I have been keeping up with speculation thankfully, no need to backtrack a bunch of pages tonight. Direct at the end of the month? Neat, though these next two weeks are gonna be an agonizing wait to see if they were right or not :(

Oh yeah, and I donated to that charity thing Operation Starfall is hosting! Here’s hoping we raise like, a bajillion dollars so all these hospitalized kids can have their wishes come true!

Okay cool Mr. Toasters round up is over, now to... Go back to playing Animal Crossing. I hope New Horizons gives us more characters for our Island name so I can finally name my town “Star Hill”

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Definitely this. I still think anything in *BASE* game has a chance (even Assist Trophies!) but anything pushed during FP1, and even moreso post-Byleth, is very unlikely.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Like Geno, there is another spirit that could be upgraded from the base game that is first party, and one that has a loyal fan following: Bandanna Waddle Dee.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Ring Fit's out of the running, looks like we likely won't get more promo 1st party picks.
There is always Sylux who is gonna have a big part in MP4. Breath of the Wild 2 character, potential Bayonetta 3 character... Not to mention any potential game that has yet to be announced. Just because Ring Fit most likely is out of the running does not mean that we won¨t get a promo pick.

MarioTime

Smash Apprentice
Like Geno, there is another spirit that could be upgraded from the base game that is first party, and one that has a loyal fan following: Bandanna Waddle Dee.
I really want Magolor but if Kirby is gonna get another rep it's gonna be Bandana Dee. He cool tho, we don't have spear characters in Smash

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Agreed, at this point people are just grasping on their own wishful thinking for a scenario where their most-wanted gets "promoted" into a playable status.
I think you might be misunderstanding what I said. For clarification's sake, I'm not saying that I think Spirits can't/won't be upgraded whatsoever. However, if a character was recently announced as a Spirit Event, then they're not getting in after the fact. To add that character/game as a Spirit Event means they had no plans for them as DLC. Base game is a different story, however, since they would've been done well before DLC was finalized, and given how many characters are Spirits in Ultimate at base, I think it'd be weird for them to limit their DLC selections because they already put them in as a PNG about 2 years ago.

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Uh-oh, it is looking E3 is gonna be cancelled. Let's hope Nintendo will have some sort of presentation still.
20200310_210522.jpg

20200310_210533.jpg

20200310_210804.jpg

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Uh-oh, it is looking E3 is gonna be cancelled. Let's hope Nintendo will have some sort of presentation still.

-Some snips-
Darn that corona virus! Why did people have to spread it anyway? But shouldn't they wait until they get a bit closer to E3 before cancelling?

Oh well though, E3 was said to be dying anyway.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Darn that corona virus! Why did people have to spread it anyway? But shouldn't they wait until they get a bit closer to E3 before cancelling?

Oh well though, E3 was said to be dying anyway.
if they wait till e3 it would probably be too late at that point

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Pretty sure Nintendo has the Direct still be recorded anyway even without E3

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
This has to be the final nail in the coffin right

There's no way E3 is just gonna come back in 2021 when big names have dropped and they need to cancel this year's event.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Oh my bad but what I said still stands, if they wait, it would probably be to late. Also where is E3 being held at this year. Where its being held could also affect things
They didn't have to wait too long. I would say by next month would be a good time to decide.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
They didn't have to wait too long. I would say by next month would be a good time to decide.
I imagine that the venue and people who were supposed to be working at E3 would like to know as far in advance as possible whether or not it is happening. Not to mention people who took off work and were planning to go and stuff like that. This will affect hotels, the venue, event goers, employees at and around E3, etc. So the sooner the better.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I imagine that the venue and people who were supposed to be working at E3 would like to know as far in advance as possible whether or not it is happening. Not to mention people who took off work and were planning to go and stuff like that. This will affect hotels, the venue, event goers, employees at and around E3, etc. So the sooner the better.
Whatever you say. I still don't think April would be a bad month, though. Still, this Corona virus is affecting a lot of things. Next thing you know, the tournament event known as EVO will be cancelled, too.

QQS

Smash Lord
If E3 get cancelled, I think it would be totally plausible if they decide to do a double reveal of Smash characters (#76 and #77) in the next Nintendo Direct. Then no more character reveals until December 2020/January 2021.

I bet for:

#76: Zarude, Rillaboom or Waluigi.
#77: Geno

I hope everything goes better with the virus and that we get a Nintendo Direct confirmation soon.

Geno is so close, I see him joining the party!

Polarthief

Smash Lord
If E3 get cancelled, I think it would be totally plausible if they decide to do a double reveal of Smash characters (#76 and #77) in the next Nintendo Direct.
It's being cancelled it seems, and yes, I agree.

Then no more character reveals until December 2020/January 2021.
... yeah definitely don't agree with that hot take though.

D

Deleted member

Well I’m back short break but good to be here again.

Anyway here’s to what’s to come!

I don’t think we have anything to worry about regardless of all this I still think Nintendo has got plans in place.

The Direct Fighters pass 2, all of it will release as they have planned it too so I don’t think we have anything to worry about there.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Nintendo and other companies will still have presentations eithout E3. they will just be all online and streaming. the safest and easiest thing to do.

While this is great and helps keep people healthy, I feel really bad for all the people losing lots of money and jobs over this. Not the big name companies, but the food stalls, ubers and taxis, and smaller game devs. First GDC now this, this is DEVESTATING to LOTS of small developers.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Ring Fit is finally getting spirits after 6 months, eh? Seems to me that this only leaves a certain 6 million + plus selling Nintendo game from last year, doesn't it?
Luigi's Mansion 3?

Honestly, if it ain't King Boo then keep an eye out for Halloween for their spirits to finally drop.

Last edited:

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
So I came back from work to a whole lot of stuff, huh? Indie World next week and General Direct in two weeks is fine by me. E3 getting most likely cancelled is sad but understandable. I wonder if each company will have some sort of livestream or just release their news on Youtube and social media.

Oh yeah, Smash is a thing. Geno would be nice. Crash, Rayman, Waluigi, and Doomguy are cool, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom