• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think a game like Hyrule Warriors but for Mario would be awesome; Mario using fire, his hammer, jumps and whatever; Luigi using thunder, his hammer, and the poltergust; Bowser breathing fire, swiping his claws, rolling around, big jumps and grappling; it could have Geno and Mallow too using their own weapons, hopefully other RPG characters too. It'd be funny and cool if a Goomba was playable; Toad, Wart and Kamek would also be awesome, and I can imagine Yoshi being really fun.

The same kind of game would be cool for Kirby and Nintendo's other franchises too...

Oh, EarthBound Warriors would be awesome too - I suppose that definitely won't happen though...

I know but this is the main reason why I think things like "Super Smash Kart" are ideas that are dead on arrival. Nintendo probably isn't cool with the idea of Samus or Ganondorf, for example, being in a kart racer.
That sounds strange since Link is in MK8/Deluxe.

Last edited:

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
I think a game like Hyrule Warriors but for Mario would be awesome; Mario using fire, his hammer, jumps and whatever; Luigi using thunder, his hammer, and the poltergust; Bowser breathing fire, swiping his claws, rolling around, big jumps and grappling; it could have Geno and Mallow too using their own weapons, hopefully other RPG characters too. It'd be funny and cool if a Goomba was playable; Toad, Wart and Kamek would also be awesome, and I can imagine Yoshi being really fun.

The same kind of game would be cool for Kirby and Nintendo's other franchises too...

Oh, EarthBound Warriors would be awesome too - I suppose that definitely won't happen though...

That sounds strange since Link is in MK8/Deluxe.
You sold me just on Luigi using thunder. I really don't know why they haven't brought that back since Superstar Saga. It was great.

D

Deleted member

Why though? There's already cartoon violence in Smash bros and Mario Kart. What's a little more? You could even have karts shaped like Samus' gunship or feature more of the cars from F-Zero. I can't think of a single character in Smash that would make Mario Kart too "mature" to play. It's not like they'd have topless Bayo driving around or anything. If they want, they could even use cartoonier versions of people like Ganondorf and use the Windwaker version or something.
It sometimes feels like I'm the only person who would really prefer that Mario Kart remain Mario Kart. Overall, I feel like even if Nintendo doesn't have some kind of internal policy against it, it's for the best that their grittier characters stay out of lighthearted racing games and comical party games, so while I have often joked about the fact that Mario Kart has totally killed F-Zero and they may as well put Captain Falcon into it, I would really rather they don't.

All that said, though, I do still think it's a stretch to think that Nintendo has some kind of rule against using the Mario characters they already own in Mario Kart, a game that they develop. I could see not wanting to use the Paper Mario cast, since they're 2D and would look out of place, but Mario and Luigi long should have been free game and characters like E. Gadd and even more generic enemies should have been racers long before Metal Mario, Pink Gold Peach, and ****ing Villager, Inkling and Link.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Hey, you try putting a paper thin 2D character in a 3D racing game whilst making it not look weird.
But that's the hilarity of it. If you look at Paper Mario dead on, he's gonna be paper thin, so it'll look like no one is driving the kart.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I could see not wanting to use the Paper Mario cast, since they're 2D and would look out of place,
Hey, you try putting a paper thin 2D character in a 3D racing game whilst making it not look weird.
I mean, there's an easy solution to this... just render them in 3D like all the other characters. As much as I love the Paper Mario art style and how the characters like Goombella and Vivian all look, I'd have no problem seeing them rendered as full 3D models if it means they get to be in stuff like Mario Kart and Mario Party.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I mean, there's an easy solution to this... just render them in 3D like all the other characters.
How? Like just stretching the model to be 3D? That won't look weird at all to you? The character won't look the same or it'll just be a "new" Mario.

and Mario Party.
If only they'd make another good one. That series died with 8. SMP was a total letdown and they let it die without support.

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Super Smash Kart - tired, boring, has the potential to be clunky
Super Smash Party - would require no changes to the formula, infinite board, item, and minigame potential

link2702

Smash Champion
How? Like just stretching the model to be 3D? That won't look weird at all to you? The character won't look the same or it'll just be a "new" Mario.

If only they'd make another good one. That series died with 8. SMP was a total letdown and they let it die without support.
Personally I thought it died with 4.

4 was such a letdown for me that it was the first ever game I ever traded in. Until that point I had never traded any of my games in.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
No, I mean making a complete 3D model from scratch...

... and I'm just talking about the side characters here. We obviously don't need another version of Mario.
Ehhh... They won't quite be the same. Also you could just have "Goomba", "Koopa Troopa", "Boo", etc (many of which we already have). There's a few that are unique like Flurry and Vivian, but again, I don't think they'd be the same character.

Personally I thought it died with 4.

4 was such a letdown for me that it was the first ever game I ever traded in. Until that point I had never traded any of my games in.
Oh I meant *after* 8. 8 was good. I do agree that the feel with 4-8 weren't quite as good as 1-3, but I'd gladly play any of them before I touch 9/10/S.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I mean, would people actually WANT Mario characters in an M-rated game? I could see it now...

CALL OF DUTY: WAR OF SHROOMS

Mario rounds the corner with a shotgun, blowing off a koopa troopa's head and splattering it against a wall. "Let's a-go, mother ****ers!" He then pulls a knife from his combat vest and proceeds to stab a Charging Chuck multiple times from behind before snapping its neck.

(Meanwhile Miyamoto is flopping like a fish in his grave)
I don't think people are asking for Mario characters in M rated games mostly just for more crossover elements particularly actual real Mario characters being in Mario games like Mario Kart. There's some talk of internal crossovers like more Nintendo characters in Mario Kart which I personally don't think ruins anything since all Nintendo characters have a certain charm to them even the more serious ones. Like if Mario universe or Pokemon crossed over with say Fire Emblem for example I think that would be awesome, but I know not everyone is up for that for a variety of good reasons. I don't think anyone is asking for anything unreasonable tho like it's easier for serious characters to be dumbed down into sillier games (like Smash or Mario Kart) than sillier characters like Mario crossing over into more serious games (like Call of Duty).

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I think they wanna go back to Mario Party having like three games per console which is why Super Mario Party got no post-release support.
If that's what the rest of the series will be, GG. SMP had so much promise but the boards were so basic and boring. Just go back to 1-3 style, ffs it's not hard :(

MarioTime

Smash Apprentice
I prefer a Super Mega Mario kart with the characters from the Mario RPGs, underutilized Mario characters etc. rather than a Super Smash Kart. Prolly because of my Mario bias lol

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Regarding Super Smash Kart, it's something I'd rather not see. I think guest characters in Mario Kart are cool (and I would love to see them add Olimar), but that's about as far as it should go. More guest characters leaves less room for Mario content and would honestly overshadow it due to novelty. It's still Mario Kart and Mario should be the focus. I play 8 Deluxe online semi-frequently now and I already and outside of High VR lobbies I see more Links, Isabelles, and Inklings than actual Mario characters.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Xehanort1372019

Smash Journeyman
We know "soon" but nobody knows how soon aside from presumably before the 23rd. Most common thing going around including from one of my guys is "uuuuuuuhhhhhh, before the 17th?" so we've established that we're down to the final two weeks at the very least.
Let's hope to god a direct comes this mouth. Cause I don't think anyone can handle the wait.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Well, going by history when it comes to general directs, they rarely if ever go into the third week of the month, so next week is by far our best bet. At least, that's what I'm hoping for.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Big Brain Mario Party Rankings Coming through

6=3>2=5>4=7>1=8>Super>>>>MASSIVE POWER GAP>>>>9=10

4-7 being a step down from 1-3 is a meme and nothing will change my mind on that. Note I haven't actually played DS but the people I know who have say it's actually really good.

I just don't understand how Nintendo keeps screwing Mario Party up, it really isn't hard. ND Cube is actually really goddamn good with the Minigames, atleast from what I've played in Wii Party (actually good game) and Super Mario Party, and the minigames are already more or less half of the Mario Party experience, yet they just keep messing up the actual board game part. Everyone hates the car, we all know why everyone hates the car. But then for Super they go back to normal Mario Party except not really. Just compare these two boards, Pirate Land from 2 and Whomp's Domino Ruins for Super. Both have similar gimmicks with Whomps/Thwomps blocking certain paths that you have to pay to move through and happenning events that move you/other players around the board.
gbbn

The board is just way too small, it has 32 LESS SPACES to go around. They compensate for lowering the dice rolls, but it just feels super clausterphobic and underwhelming. The items are either mundane or really strong, and generally the safest bet to win is just to grind Golden Pipes the entire time. Lowering coin rewards and making Stars cost 10 is pointless, and the stupid random bonus stars are back, of all the things to keep WHY THESE. Character specific dies sound cool but some are just blatantly better than others and it makes it so now there's just actual tier-lists for characters, great. Recruiting partners also sounds cool but you only get them from one specific space, meaning that most of the time atleast half the playes won't even get one, and they help in minigames for some reason which is blatantly unfair. How hard is it to make an actual Mario Party? If they don't want to, then atleast rerelease/remaster the older games. WHY THE HELL WOULD THEY GO THROUGH THE EFFORT OF REMAKING 100 MINIGAMES FOR THE TOP 100 BUT NOT REMASTER BOARDS TOO, NINTENDO THIS ISN'T HARD CHRIST

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Big Brain Mario Party Rankings Coming through

6=3>2=5>4=7>1=8>Super>>>>MASSIVE POWER GAP>>>>9=10

4-7 being a step down from 1-3 is a meme and nothing will change my mind on that. Note I haven't actually played DS but the people I know who have say it's actually really good.

I just don't understand how Nintendo keeps screwing Mario Party up, it really isn't hard. ND Cube is actually really goddamn good with the Minigames, atleast from what I've played in Wii Party (actually good game) and Super Mario Party, and the minigames are already more or less half of the Mario Party experience, yet they just keep messing up the actual board game part. Everyone hates the car, we all know why everyone hates the car. But then for Super they go back to normal Mario Party except not really. Just compare these two boards, Pirate Land from 2 and Whomp's Domino Ruins for Super. Both have similar gimmicks with Whomps/Thwomps blocking certain paths that you have to pay to move through and happenning events that move you/other players around the board.
gbbn

The board is just way too small, it has 32 LESS SPACES to go around. They compensate for lowering the dice rolls, but it just feels super clausterphobic and underwhelming. The items are either mundane or really strong, and generally the safest bet to win is just to grind Golden Pipes the entire time. Lowering coin rewards and making Stars cost 10 is pointless, and the stupid random bonus stars are back, of all the things to keep WHY THESE. Character specific dies sound cool but some are just blatantly better than others and it makes it so now there's just actual tier-lists for characters, great. Recruiting partners also sounds cool but you only get them from one specific space, meaning that most of the time atleast half the playes won't even get one, and they help in minigames for some reason which is blatantly unfair. How hard is it to make an actual Mario Party? If they don't want to, then atleast rerelease/remaster the older games. WHY THE HELL WOULD THEY GO THROUGH THE EFFORT OF REMAKING 100 MINIGAMES FOR THE TOP 100 BUT NOT REMASTER BOARDS TOO, NINTENDO THIS ISN'T HARD CHRIST
Good lord, this.

Nintendo: makes nominal changes between Mario Kart games and keeps it going as a celebrated top selling series for almost 30 years. Tries to reinvent the wheel with each Mario Party game and essentially kills most public interest in it after only 4 years of its 21 years of existence.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
I think a game like Hyrule Warriors but for Mario would be awesome; Mario using fire, his hammer, jumps and whatever; Luigi using thunder, his hammer, and the poltergust; Bowser breathing fire, swiping his claws, rolling around, big jumps and grappling; it could have Geno and Mallow too using their own weapons, hopefully other RPG characters too. It'd be funny and cool if a Goomba was playable; Toad, Wart and Kamek would also be awesome, and I can imagine Yoshi being really fun..
Good thing about the idea is that this can allow all Mario characters to fight, not only via Smash entry, since wanting all main casts to fight in Smash bros is just not very realistic.

Still about the issues around Geno and other Mario RPG characters, the premise would still be that NIntendo eventually break the fanrule and let them shine in different games. Since a Mario Warriors idea is still same as all other Mario spinoffs. Like this:

I prefer a Super Mega Mario kart with the characters from the Mario RPGs, underutilized Mario characters etc. rather than a Super Smash Kart. Prolly because of my Mario bias lol
But using Kart as an example is strange considering the mobile title is running. It's either that NIntendo add RPG characters to Tour to immediately satisfy RPG fans, or think the RPG characters can be kept for the Mario Kart 9 hype.

Even until today, Nintendo's preference for more generic koopas over Koops and Kooper remains the biggest mystery.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Regarding Super Smash Kart, it's something I'd rather not see. I think guest characters in Mario Kart are cool (and I would love to see them add Olimar), but that's about as far as it should go. More guest characters leaves less room for Mario content and would honestly overshadow it due to novelty. It's still Mario Kart and Mario should be the focus. I play 8 Deluxe online semi-frequently now and I already and outside of High VR lobbies I see more Links, Isabelles, and Inklings than actual Mario characters.
I would agree if they actually used more Mario characters instead of palette swaps and character variations that fell into various vats of liquid metals. Metal Mario is acceptable. Even baby Mario and Luigi I can stand but the rest are just...no. Since they're clearly resistant to the idea of adding actual characters then I'm all for "Super Smash Kart".

MarioTime

Smash Apprentice
Even until today, Nintendo's preference for more generic koopas over Koops and Kooper remains the biggest mystery.
Ikr so many cool Mario characters out there and Nintendo only comes up with generic charcters or clones

Anyways I'm suddenly feeling really confident in Geno joining the fight!

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Greetings fellow Geno bros! I hope everyone has been doing well. The other day, pondering about the Fighters Pass Vol. 2, the potential challengers, and most importantly Geno and SMRPG, a few ideas came to mind.

1. Geno Challenger Pack reveal

The Super Smash Bros. logo click and opens as usual with new fighter reveals. The screen fades into a bird's eye view of what seems to be a humble shack in the middle of a green plain. A remix of a memorable tune starts playing.

Near the gorgeously, HD remastered Mario's Pad, is none other than Princess Peach, sitting cheerfully contemplating some butterflies that are hovering nearby. Following the change of the remixed tune, thunder clouds begin to move in and darken the sky. Peach stands up worried. As she looks about towards the clouds, she misses the sight of the silhouette of her familiar captor. Before she has a chance to begin making her way to Mario's Pad, Bowser swiftly hovers down, snatching Peach and flying off to his keep. Peach shouts out to Mario for help, and soon after Mario exits his house and sees the Princess already a distance away being kidnapped yet again by Bowser. Mario then rushes off and leaps over the camera; the camera then showing Mario chasing after Bowser across the plains.

The SMRPG opening is one that all who've played this gem are very familiar with. Now, imagine seeing an HD, 3D adaptation of this opening? Oh, and to be more specific, imagine it being with the Super Mario Odyssey graphics. After the opening concludes, after the surprise announcement of a Super Mario RPG remake, we get a new cutscene with Geno wandering about in the Forest Maze. He then turns to what seems to be a dead end, but upon a stump he sees an envelope. As he picks it up, Rosalina descends in front of him. As he looks towards her, she waves at him to follow him. As both now ascend and fly up towards the sky, as Geno closes towards the camera, his character name and quote pops up. Gameplay follows afterward.

2. The significance of Geno's inclusion in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Just like Geno, there are countless of video game characters that have many fans that wish to see said characters make it into the Smash roster. However, taking into account Super Smash Bros.' canon story, Geno's inclusion would be the most impactful, and meaningful in my humble opinion.

• As it has been stated by Sakurai himself in the November 2018 Smash Direct when on the topic of Spirits, Super Smash Bros. main story has always been about toys (the fighters) engaging in epic battles within the imaginary world; with their goal being that of reaching the real world. Throughout each subsequent entry of Super Smash Bros. we've seen this concept evolve and grow along us, the players. In Super Smash Bros. on the N64, we saw as a hand picked up a toy from a toy box and placed it on a desk. They toy then "came to life" and the desk turned into one of the game's stages. In Super Smash Bros. Melee, we saw a trophy of Mario being tossed into an "arena", it then coming to life and immediately engaging in combat against Link, Kirby, and Pikcachu. With the inclusion of trophies as collectables, one could see it as the next phase from the original player's life (N64); being into collecting figures (action figures, trading cards, etc.). In Brawl, we still had trophies, and we got the inclusion of stickers, but Subspace Emissary brought the scenario in which a force that was manipulating both Master Hand, and Crazy Hand, was bent on taking the "life" out of the fighters (actually toys, but draining them from their life source or in actual terms, imagination). I remember seeing a Game Theory video mentioning that Tabuu sort of represented the adult figure in the real world that stereotypically shuns toys and video games, seeing them as a waste of time within adulthood. To make this relatable, Brawl was pretty much the phase in life where the player (again, from the N64) came upon the moment in life in which they had to decide if they should leave their toys and games behind in order to follow adulthood (the stereotypical, no-fun, adulthood), or hang on to that which they love (VIDEO GAMES). The success upon completing Brawl, a few years later was followed by Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U. Although we didn't get a single player campaign like the magnum opus that was Subspace Emissary, Smash 4 did however bring us another aspect within the player's growth. If SSB on the N64 had the player being let's say, between elementary school and jr. high, Melee being in high school or college, Brawl being in between late college and already into early adulthood, Smash 4 would then have the player within his early adulthood (say 24+). Within this phase of life, seeing the success of Subspace Emissary as a success in life, in hanging on to one's dreams (Brawl actually helps this idea being the first Smash game to bring iconic third party characters like Sonic, and Snake), Smash 4 brought us the realization of a number of those dreams in the form of new third party challengers; Mega Man, Pac Man, Ryu, Cloud, and Bayonetta. One of the first Smash 4 roster reveals being none other than Mega Man himself was a HUGE deal. Pac Man, one of the legendary mascots in gaming history (Namco/Arcades). Ryu, FREAKIN' Ryu from Street Fighter. Clo... CLOUD!!! The main character from that Final Fantasy game that almost made it to the third gen Nintendo console but due to a fallout between Nintendo and Squaresoft at the time, the franchise never returned until the Game Cube era (approximately). And Bayonetta... a character many never thought could actually join the roster. Smash 4 was the phase in life that showed that with hard work, and patience, one can achieve their goals. One can achieve success in life. Coincidentally, it was with Smash 4 that Nintendo came around to hold official events for the game such as the invitational back when they held the Nintendo World Championships 2015. We had renowned Smash Bros. tournament casters on stage commenting the fights. Truly a moment of bliss for all Smash fans. Finally, we arrive at the present installment; Ultimate. After achieving some considerable goals during Smash 4, one would ask, "what else is there to achieve?". In life, there comes a time in which after one has gathered a number of experiences, achieved some of their most sought out goals, nostalgia becomes a regular in our thoughts. We think back to the good old days when we used to play with our favorite toys, or video games; watched our favorite movies or cartoons. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has done just that; it has answered back to that feeling of nostalgia that the player (again... from the N64) has over their joyful memories from their younger days. Notable mentions that support this answer are the inclusion of Ken (Street Fighter; SPECIFICALLY Street Fighter II: Turbo Ken), Simon and Richter Belmont (from Castlevania I/Super Castlevania IV/Castlevania Chronicles/ Casltevania II: Simon's Quest, and Castlevania: Rondo of Blood/Dracula X respectively), Hero (Dragon Quest; a.k.a. the father of JRPGs), Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury/The King of Fighters), King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country), and of course the Golden Goose of the first Fighters Pass, Banjo & Kazooie (... from Banjo & Kazooie of course, GU-HUH!). These characters first appeared within the eras of the NES, SNES, and N64; being the eras of the player's early childhood, up onto their teens. Ultimate went the extra mile with bringing back fighters that had been cut-off in Brawl and Smash 4; pitching the "Everyone Is Here!" concept with the character reveal video on that Nintendo E3 2018 Direct. In addition to that, besides answering the feeling of nostalgia from a "seasoned" player, it also catered to the newer generations by including characters such as Inking Boy/Girl, Joker, Byleth, Isabelle, Incineroar; that although some hail from long-running franchises, they are characters from very recent titles. Ultimate in essence is like the phase in the players life where either they a) share their joy, toys, and gaming experience with their children or; b) pass on their knowledge and experiences to the new generation of players. Having said all this (whoa... I dragged this train of thought a little TOO much), following with the notion of achieving one's goals, achieving one's dreams, Geno's inclusion would meet the answer to nostalgia, as well as fulfill Smash's canon story.
  • As it is known, Geno is the name of the doll which is brought to life by the star messenger who works for a "higher authority". After many years of being requested, for Geno to finally join the Smash roster would be like Pinocchio becoming a real boy. Within the Smash canon it would be the realization of the fighters finally reaching the real world. Remember, "Geno" is a star messenger who serves and helps oversee the Star Road; the link between our world and the heavens which allow for wishes to be granted. For dreams to become reality. Thinking about this earlier today, I thought occurred to me. Humor the following idea. What if the Super Smash Bros. canon story showed each character as well as the "worlds" they come from but, this was before they actually "reached" the real world. All these epic battles they engaged in, as well as their adventures all took place before their franchises came into existence, and only once all the fighters joined forces, with help from one who serves a "higher authority" that can grant wishes, they finally make their way into the real world by being created and shared with the world (the release of Super Mario Bros., of Donkey Kong, of Sonic the Hedgehog, Punch-Out, Kirby's Dreamland, and so on). As for the player who throughout each installment has grown, what if this player is a representation of the game developers? The minds that from their youth cultivated their creativity and brought us the many wonderful characters and worlds we've come to experience up to this very day?

MarioTime

Smash Apprentice
I'd buy that at the speed of light

MattX20

Smash Hero
It still astonishes me that we hit over 100,000 posts before the thread's 3rd anniversary. We've come a long way

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
2. The significance of Geno's inclusion in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Just like Geno, there are countless of video game characters that have many fans that wish to see said characters make it into the Smash roster. However, taking into account Super Smash Bros.' canon story, Geno's inclusion would be the most impactful, and meaningful in my humble opinion.
I wouldn't really agree, unfortunately.

I think the main idea of this thread is wishing that Nintendo can notice our support and eventually gives our favorite character a spotlgiht and an end to his miserable one-off status.

But it wouldn't be that Geno's inclusion in Smash bros is a necessity or an impact, since adding more Mario fighters is literally the opposite side of innovation. It's sure not part of Nintendo's obligation as they still directly went for plant piranha as the new Mario rep for Smash 5. And in an objective view,
I don't think people agree that Geno's inclusion would mark the exactly same impact that Joker and Banjo made, since all of their purposes are different. If the point is that Geno deserves the same fame and treat that other Smash fighters have, the only way to achieve it is to ask the companies to give Geno spotlights in general video games first.

At this point, Geno's inclusion in Smash bros would be a pure fanservie. We may appreciate if it happens. There is no further need to exaggerate it.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I would agree if they actually used more Mario characters instead of palette swaps and character variations that fell into various vats of liquid metals. Metal Mario is acceptable. Even baby Mario and Luigi I can stand but the rest are just...no. Since they're clearly resistant to the idea of adding actual characters then I'm all for "Super Smash Kart".
I'll still take it over entire lobbies of Fire Emblem shill picks.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
2B fans when they get her in Smash Utlimate but they nerf her butt.
Basically Snake fans post-buttnerf?

I'll still take it over entire lobbies of Fire Emblem shill picks.
Oh come on, you'd rather take *COSTUME ALTS* over brand new characters? I'm sick of FE as much as the next person, but no, a literal clone of the same character would be unacceptable. Peach and Daisy? Marth and Lucina (and Roy, and Chrom)? Simon and Richter? Yeah they're clones, but they're *new* characters. Metal Mario and/or Pink Gold Peach aren't new characters and would definitely piss me off way more than Byleth ever did.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
The biggest confusion of them all.. They add F-zero content, but not Captain Falcon as a driver in Mario Kart 8

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Metal Mario is cool imo. I think the other Mario variations they add are cool as well, even ones like Pink Gold Peach are kinda cool, though I feel they should all fall under the same slots as their respective characters, as alts. (with the filtered voice in the case of metals and Ice Mario).

Metal Mario could still have his own slot though imo, as I think he’s cooler than the others due to how he’s actually treated as a different character from Mario, like a strange, metal clone rival, being cockier than Mario and saying some different things like “Papa!” instead of “Mama!” Even in his Smash appearances pre-Brawl, he’s like this mysterious Mario clone that came from nowhere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom