• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
Metal Mario is cool imo. I think the other Mario variations they add are cool as well, even ones like Pink Gold Peach are kinda cool, though I feel they should all fall under the same slots as their respective characters, as alts. (with the filtered voice in the case of metals and Ice Mario).
Metal Mario could still have his own slot though imo, as I think he’s cooler than the others due to how he’s actually treated as a different character from Mario, like a strange, metal clone rival, being cockier than Mario and saying some different things like “Papa!” instead of “Mama!” Even in his Smash appearances pre-Brawl, he’s like this mysterious Mario clone that came from nowhere.
Including Dr Mario and Daisy, problems remain that the Smash roster is a heated competition. Alts and echoes exist cause it can give more characters a chance. If we treated every single characters different that'd only mean Koopalings, Dark Samus, Ken and other fighters would not had made it.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Probably but hyping up Mario Day has been fun.
I swear to hell if there's nothing on Mar10, I'm gonna be annoyed. If there's nothing for 9 days after, I'm gonna be so much more pissed. Giving a hard limit on my sanity til the 19th, or better yet the 18th for an announcement for the 19th.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Including Dr Mario and Daisy, problems remain that the Smash roster is a heated competition. Alts and echoes exist cause it can give more characters a chance. If we treated every single characters different that'd only mean Koopalings, Dark Samus, Ken and other fighters would not had made it.
Oh, I was talking about Mario Kart. I understand why echos exist in Smash.

It’s funny, though; despite my opinion about the Mario Kart roster, I hope they don’t merge Dr. Mario with Mario in Smash :p

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, what are the odds of a Direct being announced next week? I am starting to have doubts that it will be announced the same day as Mario day.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
So, what are the odds of a Direct being announced next week? I am starting to have doubts that it will be announced the same day as Mario day.
High. Assuming it's not next week, even higher the following week. Imagine the Direct being like "ANIMAL CROSSING, HERE IT IS, OH BTW, IT UNLOCKS *TONIGHT*!". I could totally see the Direct being delayed all the way to the 19th for that since they're MEGA pushing AC so hard.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
High. Assuming it's not next week, even higher the following week. Imagine the Direct being like "ANIMAL CROSSING, HERE IT IS, OH BTW, IT UNLOCKS *TONIGHT*!". I could totally see the Direct being delayed all the way to the 19th for that since they're MEGA pushing AC so hard.
High, you say?

But what if the Direct turns out to be some kind of Mario Direct for Mario day?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
High, you say?

But what if the Direct turns out to be some kind of Mario Direct for Mario day?
Man could you imagine? The backlash is already intense on everything they post about. Imagine if they pulled that crap... unless they actually have new, good, Mario games to show off (PM3, PM3, PM3!!!!!).
Legit though, we were going on nothing but rumors with Feb. We have actual reasons to expect a Direct at this point besides just the drought. Things with directs behind the scenes, the HTML stuff, all the dates (9th for SMRPG, 10th for Mar10, 23rd for FP2 physical being sold); a ton of signs point to sometime in the next two weeks.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Man could you imagine? The backlash is already intense on everything they post about. Imagine if they pulled that crap.
Legit though, we were going on nothing but rumors with Feb. We have actual reasons to expect a Direct at this point besides just the drought. Things with directs behind the scenes, the HTML stuff, all the dates (9th for SMRPG, 10th for Mar10, 23rd for FP2 physical being sold); a ton of signs point to sometime in the next two weeks.
I see what you mean. Still, I wonder how intense the backlash would be if it were a Mario Direct?

Either way, guess we'll find out next week. Hopefully, we will get it. Though any other reasons hinting at this Direct, may I ask?

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
The longer it takes for the direct to happen, there is only to alternatives I feel.

A) They want to wait until Animal Crossing is released. They did all their focus with the Tokyo Mirage Session port before that game got released. Maybe they are doing the same now? Could explain why they only had Animal Crossing in Pax.

B) The Coronavirus. Nintendo takes it seriously to the point that they tell their employees to work at home. Do I need to say more?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I see what you mean. Still, I wonder how intense the backlash would be if it were a Mario Direct?
Edited the post, but it wouldn't be bad if they actually have games to show. If it's just more of what we already know, massive backlash.

Though any other reasons hinting at this Direct, may I ask?
- The playlist was updated (again).
- The HTML thing that happened with the Pokemon and Animal Crossing directs happened again this week.
- The dates.
- IT'S BEEN OFFICIALLY OVER HALF A YEAR.

Which is a lot better than February with:
- Two insider rumors

B) The Coronavirus. Nintendo takes it seriously to the point that they tell their employees to work at home. Do I need to say more?
What happens when games that are huge start randomly dropping and no one even knows it exists? Also, they seem to be able to advertise AC and had no problem with PAX East, so... I don't buy that. There's no way Corneria is causing this problem... Not to mention they can get 95% of the anger and backlash to end instantly if they'd just say "hey guys, sorry for the delay, Corona Beer is causing this". Then people will be mad at that-one-attack-from-SMRPG-named-Corona instead of Nintendo.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Edited the post, but it wouldn't be bad if they actually have games to show. If it's just more of what we already know, massive backlash.

- The HTML thing that happened with the Pokemon and Animal Crossing directs happened again this week.
- The dates.

- Two insider rumors
I see. Also, I heard the guy who leaked the Animal Crossing Direct date correctly last month said there would be a general Direct coming next week.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Btw, I just need to ask. If E3 is not happening this year due to the coronavirus (which is most likely will if it continues/becomes worse...)... What do you all think will happen with the reveals from Nintendo this year? Gonna change around stuff then?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I see. Also, I heard the guy who leaked the Animal Crossing Direct date correctly last month said there would be a general Direct coming next week.
Unless you know specifically who it is, and they have a track record, I'm not sure if this means anything. People have probably guessed/predicted/"leaked" that an Animal Crossing Direct was happening on every day between January and the day of its release.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Zippo? Do you have a source on that? I vaguely remember hearing that myself but my memory is poop-tier.

Unless you know specifically who it is, and they have a track record, I'm not sure if this means anything. People have probably guessed/predicted/"leaked" that an Animal Crossing Direct was happening on every day between January and the day of its release.
Also this. I want Zippo to be right on all accounts, but he was still wrong regarding the general direct in Feb.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I see. Well, here is where I got it from.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertain...arch-2020-Switch-games-leaks-date-predictions

Doesn't seem to talk about this guy's track record, so this could still mean nothing.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I've a very hard time believing Nintendo would hold off a direct all the way to April. They know their customer base is getting more and more impatient, it doesn't really make sense to keep holding it off

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Polarthief Polarthief I already posted the link, it is in my last post before this one. (This is a reply to your previous quoting of of of my posts, by the way)

This is anything but Zippo, by the way.

Last edited:

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
I think one thing we can all be grateful for is that the people deciding the Mario Kart Tour(and to a slight extent modern Mario Kart)characters aren’t the same people deciding who joins Smash.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I've a very hard time believing Nintendo would hold off a direct all the way to April. They know their customer base is getting more and more impatient, it doesn't really make sense to keep holding it off
I think someone suggested that it's likely they don't have much of anything to show off for the year.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Did I hear someone say... PIKMIN 4??
I like how I knew you were talking about Arlo before the picture even loaded.

Polarthief Polarthief I already posted the link, it is in my last post before this one. (This is a reply to your previous quoting of of of my posts, by the way)

This is anything but Zippo, by the way.
Interesting, but still, I'm gonna not just blatantly trust anything til we get an announcement.

I think someone suggested that it's likely they don't have much of anything to show off for the year.
Which is a really, REALLY bad year to pick if true considering your two console competitors are pushing next gen while you're still to this day playing serious catch-up (in terms of console power). Even if that's true (and what an abysmal year it will be for Nintendo if it is), they need to push the direct already because the longer you hold back, the more you're setting up people to be disappointed.

I really think it's quite the opposite, they just didn't have anything huge in the first half of the year except AC, but will strike back hard in the second half. Hell if they wanted to, they could push every first party (and some third party) NES/SNES games for NSO and even bring in GB/GBC/GBA and N64/GC. That alone, despite just being some roms they threw on the service, would be a massive announcement, people would go ape over it, it would add immense "value" to NSO for many players, and most importantly, it would cost them very little to do it.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

- The dates.

- Two insider rumors

What happens when games that are huge start randomly dropping and no one even knows it exists? Also, they seem to be able to advertise AC and had no problem with PAX East, so... I don't buy that. There's no way Corneria is causing this problem... Not to mention they can get 95% of the anger and backlash to end instantly if they'd just say "hey guys, sorry for the delay, Corona Beer is causing this". Then people will be mad at that-one-attack-from-SMRPG-named-Corona instead of Nintendo.
Wait, what's this HTML thing? Sounds promising.
Btw, I just need to ask. If E3 is not happening this year due to the coronavirus (which is most likely will if it continues/becomes worse...)... What do you all think will happen with the reveals from Nintendo this year? Gonna change around stuff then?
Nintendo doesn't do a stage show anyway, so I guess it would probably just be same as usual.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Interesting, but still, I'm gonna not just blatantly trust anything til we get an announcement.
I didn't say you had to. Though I don't fully trust it myself, I am still skeptical about this leak.

At least it isn't Zippo, here.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Wait, what's this HTML thing? Sounds promising.
Ugh I wish I saved these things when I find them... Something something regarding the direct site was changed, and this exact same thing happened IIRC 2 days before the announcements of the directs or something like that? Cannot remember where it was, but it was from someone on Twitter.

Nintendo doesn't do a stage show anyway, so I guess it would probably just be same as usual.
100% this. It would be an E3 Direct minus the hands-on stuff. Honestly, Nintendo doesn't even have to show (idk why they still do) and it would do nothing except save them tons of money.

I didn't say you had to. Though I don't fully trust it myself, I am still skeptical about this leak.
For sure.

At least it isn't Zippo, here.
TBH that just makes me sad because I'm praying he was right about everything else and his source just messed up with the direct, or it truly was delayed from Feb.

BZocky

Smash Ace
I think one thing we can all be grateful for is that the people deciding the Mario Kart Tour(and to a slight extent modern Mario Kart)characters aren’t the same people deciding who joins Smash.
I got excited for a second since I thought it was one of the Sprixie princesses from SM3DW. Makes me wonder why they even asked players for what characters they’d like to see a few weeks ago if they just plan on releasing recolors and babies for the rest of time.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Still, Polarthief Polarthief , I think you forgot something in terms of things hinting at a possible Direct.

https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp

Didn't Fatmanonice Fatmanonice say that these maintenance things come usually around Directs?
Oh right that too. There's my crappy short-term memory striking hard (seriously, and I didn't even do drugs/alcohol growing up).

Also, what is this playlist thing you said, may I ask?
The playlist for directs on their YouTube channel IIRC. It was messed with before but that led to nothing. I remember hearing (or misremembering?) that it was updated again.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Oh right that too. There's my crappy short-term memory striking hard (seriously, and I didn't even do drugs/alcohol growing up).

The playlist for directs on their YouTube channel IIRC. It was messed with before but that led to nothing. I remember hearing (or misremembering?) that it was updated again.
When was this playlist thing?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
When was this playlist thing?
*points at that crappy short term memory*

I feel like a lot of this stuff was in PapaGenos's recent videos, if not somewhere in this thread. That's where 99% of my news regarding directs and smash stuff comes from, lol.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
A lot of it has to do with whether the original character creators are cool with it or if they're even contacted. Contrary to popular belief, companies can't do whatever they want with their characters and companies are pretty careful with the "image" certain characters uphold. For example, unless there's a major change in leadership at Nintendo, we're probably never going to see Mario characters in M rated games.
So does the original creator owns part of the rights to a character?

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
So research of Mar10 Day proves that they have never had a big announcement related to it. Of course, that could change today but that's unlikely I feel.

Thus, if we get anything next week, I think it will be after the 10th. Would be funny for them to announce the Direct on Mar10 Day, but I really feel like the Direct won't be ON Mar10 Day.

The 12th seems to be the date people are looking at.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
So research of Mar10 Day proves that they have never had a big announcement related to it. Of course, that could change today but that's unlikely I feel.
But that's literally the same logic that people use to say Spirits deconfirm...

In all seriousness, I think it can potentially be any day from the 9th to the 19th (weekends excluded), unless they wanted to reveal DLC 6 specifically on the 23rd, despite being a Monday. At this point, it's 100% waiting 2 more days for the 9th and seeing where we go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom