• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Okay this is super wholesome. Happy New Year to you as well!
Ovaltine sends her “EYYY DUDE that's sweet!” as well
I guess Geppetto is canonically a little taller than Geno then
Thank you. ..And yeah, it wasn't quite clear in the original, but he was always meant to be just a little taller, even in the more rounded style.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
So I am curious, when do you guys think a Direct will happen this month. It recall several of us are thinking it will be around a week from now.
Sooner rather than later generally makes sense since we're also about to see Nintendo release one of the three titles they've confirmed for 2020 in the Tokyo Mirage Sessions port. It has been extremely quiet on the Nintendo 2020 front in general, and the last time we saw this was in 2018 after Nintendo spent 2017 absolutely killing it with release after release and that Mini Direct we got that January was on the 11th, so I'm going to say the second full week of January is when we'll get a Direct of some kind. We might see another Mini Direct type situation honestly, or they might move ahead with the full early year Direct which again seems more likely.

A Smash specific Direct I don't really expect though. 2020 is still currently lacking beyond Animal Crossing and that Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition remaster/remake and people have been looking forward to several big titles for some time now. I'd imagine Nintendo would like to provide some updates and get people excited about 2020 for the Switch. I also think Smash having its own Direct is just a bit farfetched with that in mind and with the fact that I also don't think Nintendo and Sakurai are going to be as trigger happy with those reveals as some think (Seriously, I could totally see Fighter's Pass #5 being the only thing announced at the next General Direct with a "stay tuned for future details" on the rest). And since we're done with modes I just think Smash will generally continue getting places in General Directs and not have its own outside of Sakurai's breakdowns that he enjoys so much unless we're really coming to the end at some point for a "Final Presentation."

Just my two cents.

Merry (almost) 2020. This WILL be the year for Geno. You can definitely count on that. On a separate note, what was everyone’s GOTY? Mine was definitely Luigi’s Mansion 3.
GOTY?

Death Stranding, Luigi's Mansion 3, The Outer Worlds, and Super Mario Maker 2 are all really solid contenders for titles I've enjoyed a ton this year that actually released this year. But otherwise, Persona 5 is actually my favorite game that I've played this year (and Smash Ultimate still gets the best "ongoing game" award lol).

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Happy New Year’s Genobros! (Timezones are weird so perhaps it’s already the new year for you wherever you live!)

2019 was the year of the bear and bird, 2020 will be the year of the puppet! I can feel it in my guts everyone, so that’s gotta be a good thing and totally not a health concern.

Best wishes to everyone for the new year!

DIY

Smash Apprentice
So uhh, Happy New Year everyone! May all of our Geno wishes come true this year.

Xehanort1372019

Smash Journeyman
Happy New Year's Geno Theard! Even though Geno is not my most wanted, (It's Sora.) but I come to support this character because he's the last of the big 3 requested characters and he represents the Mario game that started the RPG series of the franchise.

I have a REALLY good feeling this year is for him, and for good reasons.

Again, Happy New Year's, Geno Thread!

To be honest, I never thought the 2010s would ever end, it seemed to go on forever for me, still a little unsure how to feel now that it's all over.. Probably my most pivotal decade ever. It's ****ing surreal right now. ****.

Well, with the start of a new decade, new expiriences or... something. IDK. I'm not really good at this stuff. What I do know is that I'm about to start my new decade (and my new age of 22) by getting high out my ****ing mind off my blunt, stoned maxcore. In fact, I just lit it and want to enjoy my high, so... uhh... see ya tommorow guys.

Geno 2020, screencap this boissssss

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
The 80s never ended. This is just volume two.

..Did it just suddenly hit anyone else that we've only got a little while left before the fighter's pass hits its deadline? We've gotta see something soon.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace

Finally 2020! Now we just have to wait for the next Direct for some blue boi info. Happy New Year! Can't believe it took over two decades for Geno to return, mayun.

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
The 80s never ended. This is just volume two.

..Did it just suddenly hit anyone else that we've only got a little while left before the fighter's pass hits its deadline? We've gotta see something soon.
Within the month most likely, but definitely within two
Ninty’s probably stringing us all along for reactions when they finally reveal

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
To be honest, I never thought the 2010s would ever end, it seemed to go on forever for me, still a little unsure how to feel now that it's all over.. Probably my most pivotal decade ever. It's ****ing surreal right now. ****.
The 2010s felt like it went by REALLY fast for me. The 2000s felt twice as long or three times to be honest. It's weird to think about time because as I get older, it feels like time is moving faster and faster.

Well, 2020 is 9 minutes away from me and I have to say 2020 is definitely the year of Geno guys. The Endgame is near.

Happy new years everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:

link2702

Smash Champion
happy new year from ok.

Here's hoping we can all forget about 2019 and make 2020 something we actually want to remember...

D

Deleted member

happy new year from ok.

Here's hoping we can all forget about 2019 and make 2020 something we actually want to remember...
I want to remember 2019 doh.

Legit found it as the best year of my life.

RageCage271

Smash Cadet
Happy New Year everybody! :) My year sure ended on some incredibly positive notes. 2020 is looking strong and the finish line is finally in sight! :D

Ingenious!

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2810-4113-1684
Switch FC
SW 8436 9508 1692
Hey y'all! Y'all don't remember me but as a lurker that's been here practically every day, I know all yall! :drohyou:
It's officially the new year here in Cali so Just dropped in to say Happy new year! Here's to Geno getting in before the next decade haha...:drsad:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Censor dodging removed & post warned
start off 2020 with the most edgy and cursed Geno video i found on the internet
-censor dodging content removed-

Last edited by a moderator:

MeteoRain

Smash Journeyman
The 2010s felt like it went by REALLY fast for me. The 2000s felt twice as long or three times to be honest. It's weird to think about time because as I get older, it feels like time is moving faster and faster.
I can't remember what I was watching because it was years ago, but everyone slowly becomes mentally sluggish in perceiving/reacting to the world around them past their childhood. In a slow but steady rate real time actually seems to fly by faster and faster as you get older and older. In lamen terms, senior citizens experience moments going by twice as fast as to when they are kids.

It was discovered when a guy one day was driving and noticed everything flying past him at an alarming rate, thinking he was speeding he was checking his speedometer to find he was still steadily doing the speed limit. He checked in with his doctor and got scanned later to find out he had a brain tumor that was causing this.

Of course, I think time flys by faster for a lot of people simply because they're no longer in school.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Merry (almost) 2020. This WILL be the year for Geno. You can definitely count on that. On a separate note, what was everyone’s GOTY? Mine was definitely Luigi’s Mansion 3.
I have to take any opportunity I can get to gush about AI: Somnium Case Files, loved that game. (If you're a fan of games like Ace Attorney or mystery solving games you have to check it out) The music is great too.

Other than that I also enjoyed Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Disco Elysium this year. (Oh and for a cool indie pick, check out Heaven's Vault)

Edit: Also it's not a 2019 game but I've also been playing Nier: Automata, another awesome game.

On that note, good luck to Geno fans going into 2020.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Happy New Year's everyone. After some much needed r&r I'm ready to take on the final stretch of our journey. Though I think getting geno on top of 5 and 6 isn't terribly likely I would hate to have missed out on my only opportunity to be here before the ride ends. To a new year and to getting our boy in smash!

Last edited:

TX-55

Smash Journeyman

I'm lending my energy to FMOI's spirit bomb, because you know what?!! I'm so ****ing done with this, I may favor Waluigi over Geno, but both of these characters are long overdue for Smash.
2020 is our time, so LET'S GOOOOOOO!!!!

T2by4

Smash Lord
If that one rumor of waluigi being in somehow comes true, more than likely he'd be the fighter right after the 5th fighter from the pass. My guess is that Nintendo is going to do a direct sometime in January or February to kick off the year and reveal both fighter 5 and the first fighter after the pass. Who those fighters are, all of us here still have no idea, but if by some incredibly small chance that the first fighter after the pass is Waluigi then I think it's safe to say Geno's spot is secured. So after about half a year we'll get to E3 which is where Geno will be revealed. E3 seems to be date when they announce huge stuff. We got the return of all characters from previous smash titles one year, and then banjo the year after, they same to save massive fan requested characters for E3 in particular, and right now the two biggest requested characters (imo) are either Geno or Sora, which I firmly believe will be Geno. If it doesn't happen this year, I don't think it ever will.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Happy new year, everyone! Hopefully, this is the year our boy comes to Smash Bros Ultimate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom