• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Is this the source that Fatman is using right now? The one that is saying “controversial third party western rep”?

View attachment 253021

If this is all true, I don’t think we should take this source seriously anymore. (Not a knock against Fatman, but a potential faulty source)
I am aware of these and we actually talked about these a couple of days ago.

-He says Popeye is ****posting and it really annoys him that people use that against him.

-Defends Jill as simply a story that multiple people have heard, which I can confirm. Whether it's real or not is highly questionable but the rumors has reached a lot of people.

-The Mii costume statement is absolutely false. They leaked the SMRPG costumes and Banjo costumes in the middle of July and this video proves it:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GwtEGF4rEMA&t=389s

-Also already explained that nowhere in his original message did he say that the SNK character list were costumes and was a misinterpretion of the original recepient. They are, again, beat for beat Terry's spirit board.

Screenshot_20191212-104548.png

-Honestly don't care about the Moogle thing because it's the first time I've heard it and not really a fair point to totally discard them on given everything they've gotten right.

Latyon

Smash Cadet
In other news, I think Gaz is a very underrated character of SMRPG.

Would've been nice to see Geno return to play with him one more time before leaving.
That would be a sweet reveal trailer. Starts off like the SM64 trailer with the toys fighting, manipulated by an unseen hand, and the ot pulls back and it's Gaz playing. Cue Geno reveal

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Alright, first of all, catching up with the thread is easier now. Guess there's some plus for the reworking of the rules.

And second of all, I have seen the latest rumors of what Fatman is saying and man, it is intriguing. I get that the character is possibly a "western" character and a 3rd party (this second, unsurprisingly) but if it alludes to the CacoMallow's leak AND it leaves controversy on a fanbase, then Dohvakin/Dragonborn sounds like it.

I get that it might be upsetting. Certainly, since I am a Doomguy/Doom Slayer supporter. It would hurt a bit but at the same time it makes SOME sense due that if a Bethesda rep is chosen (no matter who), there's the possibility, big or small, that it will come with a couple of Mii Costumes of that company.

DOOM character with Skyrim/Fallout costumes and viceversa.

It's possible but I'd rather believe the opposite until something comes up. Not only because I am a supporter of our Hellish Boy but because it seems too... aligned. Very easy to find out about it all, so for the moment I'll have a neutral stance on it and wait until more happens, like a direct.

That's my stance on the new discovery.

:bowser:.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I am aware of these and we actually talked about these a couple of days ago.

-He says Popeye is ****posting and it really annoys him that people use that against him.

-Defends Jill as simply a story that multiple people have heard, which I can confirm. Whether it's real or not is highly questionable but the rumors has reached a lot of people.

-The Mii costume statement is absolutely false. They leaked the SMRPG costumes and Banjo costumes in the middle of July and this video proves it:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GwtEGF4rEMA&t=389s

-Also already explained that nowhere in his original message did he say that the SNK character list were costumes and was a misinterpretion of the original recepient. They are, again, beat for beat Terry's spirit board.

View attachment 253042

-Honestly don't care about the Moogle thing because it's the first time I've heard it and not really a fair point to totally discard them on given everything they've gotten right.
Wait, that list of SNK character did say "Classic SNK costume" so technically it was still part of the Mii Costume list

TindalosKeeper

Smash Apprentice
Hey, guys! Returning here!

I came because of what has been said by Fatmanonice here, which is rather strange.

Reading it a couple of times, I came to the conclusion on being skeptical, rather than take it as granted and start "sacrificing" characters left and right.

Again, read Fatman's rumours: "He is not really sure if he should take those rumours as fact", and there have been many times where leaks seem to fail. After all, these "insiders" could have started to give false information to leakers, to throw them off and never find out who might be it. Remember all the deconfirmed characters? There were so many it was thought off as a joke, lmao.

So take it with a grain of salt, rather than sending a character to the sacrifice ritual already.

After all, it could be an obscure character revealed, rather than our most wanted, haha.

Oh! Thank you so much for all the likes pre-VGA! That was awesome of all of you! :)

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/1...poena-sword-shield-leak-leakers-discord-4chan

Yikes is all I can say to this. I wonder if after this the leak scene for smash is going to become eerily quiet. Also if hypothetically the cacomallow leak is real it makes me wonder if Nintendo is already going after whoever leaked it or if they’re playing it cool until the associated characters release. Or it could be that it’s fake so therefore they don’t give a ****.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Wait, that list of SNK character did say "Classic SNK costume" so technically it was still part of the Mii Costume list
It was assumed at the time that these were Mii Costume names which is why it says that, but that was confirmed to have been as mistake.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
That was also a typeo/ mistake from guy who got the list. He did get classic snk stuff sprirts right. Like the psycho solider one.

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Things are looking pretty swell in here. I dropped a message for PapaGenos to come check if he hasn't already so he can see what's going on with Geno specualtion and the 5th fighter in general. Maybe he has something to add or make a video about all this (Unless Fatman asks him not to). It's really exciting!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Things are looking pretty swell in here. I dropped a message for PapaGenos to come check if he hasn't already so he can see what's going on with Geno specualtion and the 5th fighter in general. Maybe he has something to add or make a video about all this (Unless Fatman asks him not to). It's really exciting!
I mean, doesn't Papageno talk to the same source that has discussed the whole idea of the next character being something disappointing? I recall something like that being the case at least.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/1...poena-sword-shield-leak-leakers-discord-4chan

Yikes is all I can say to this. I wonder if after this the leak scene for smash is going to become eerily quiet. Also if hypothetically the cacomallow leak is real it makes me wonder if Nintendo is already going after whoever leaked it or if they’re playing it cool until the associated characters release. Or it could be that it’s fake so therefore they don’t give a ****.
They're still at this? C'mon, Pokemon already made more money than anyone here will see in our lifetime; they need to let it go.

Honestly, if anything the leaks SAVED the game!

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
What happened? I've been off for almost a day.

Last edited:

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
I mean, doesn't Papageno talk to the same source that has discussed the whole idea of the next character being something disappointing? I recall something like that being the case at least.
Could be, I'm kinda lost about who talks to who at this point, I just make note of what's being confirmed. ^^;

I'm on and off here cuz I'm working at the same time. Seems like Fatman's source looks to be legit so it bodes well fo Geno! All the other stuff is the usual for now, just speculating upcoming characters that have credible rumors and stuff going for them.

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
...I would reccomend you guys join the Star Road Discord server...
Actually I was meaning to ask someone for the discord link, happy for it in PMs

After all, these "insiders" could have started to give false information to leakers, to throw them off and never find out who might be it. Remember all the deconfirmed characters? There were so many it was thought off as a joke, lmao.
Assuming the unmentionables are what you’ve described as leakers and sources as insiders, I find it strange that you’d feel that the insiders would purposely want to feed misinformation (as much as there are trolling types, I don’t think we could say every leaker is out to troll people downstream to them). I’d be much more inclined to think that Nintendo Ninjas decided to go for a deception tactic and the insiders are receiving misinformation that they don’t know is false, and then disseminate that selectively to the leakers without really appreciating that they were false.

Rikarte

Smash Ace

Considering that it's been over a month and the video is still on Youtube I think it's either fake or Nintendo doesn't care/know about it. But if you look at how how hard TPC is going after the SwSh leakers, I kinda doubt it's the ladder...

Atmoz

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5145-1574-6323
Fatman dropped some interesting information he had heard regarding the next fighter, and by extension Geno.
He has mentioned that these are rumors, so take it with some skepticism as per usual:
  1. The SNK "Mii costume" leak from way back that mentioned Mallow, Smithy and Chocobo would be Mii costumes was actually spot-on. The reason why most people discarded it was because of a mistranslation from the source to the person who shared the info to folks like Papagenos. The Mii costume leak was actually a spirit board leak in regards to the SNK section. That means the possibility of the aforementioned costumes popping up is alot more likely.
  2. Fatman has clarified that fighter 5, whomever it may be, will disappoint people. He went on to specify the type of character and how it would basically deconfirm another highly speculated character (3rd party character, Western company). Some are still trying to figure out exactly what company is taking the hit.
  3. Geno is not fighter 5 or even 6. Fatman believes that Geno is likely fighter 7 given everything he's managed to hear so far, but he'll be talking about it in his testament (err, essay) about Geno's chances for Smash.
  4. Cacomallow leak is still a "it's complicated" leak. It could very well be possible that point 2 turns out to be a Bethesda rep that's not Doomguy, so that Doom Mii costumes can happen and solidify Cacomallow leak. However, no Doom Mii costumes could also occur with a Bethesda rep and make the leak fake as well, hence terming it as being complicated. Sources are still somewhat confused by this from what I recall reading.
There's other comments he's made, but they are relatively minor. This is the general information most people have ended up reading. Very nice prospects for Geno if they happen to be true

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
Considering that it's been over a month and the video is still on Youtube I think it's either fake or Nintendo doesn't care/know about it. But if you look at how how hard TPC is going after the SwSh leakers, I kinda doubt it's the ladder...
I feel as if the context for ROM related leaks of SwSh and the contemporary outrage towards the multitude of issues voiced towards those games set a rather different stage relative to prerelease footage of DLC of dubious validity for a game that has received critical and financial acclaim
Out of curiosity was Ken on Moray Towers ever flagged by Nintendo before Ken’s official reveal?

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
I feel as if the context for ROM related leaks of SwSh and the contemporary outrage towards the multitude of issues voiced towards those games set a rather different stage relative to prerelease footage of DLC of dubious validity for a game that has received critical and financial acclaim
Out of curiosity was Ken on Moray Towers ever flagged by Nintendo before Ken’s official reveal?

No i dont think anything happened with ken until after he was show off.

Nopote

Smash Apprentice
Fatman dropped some interesting information he had heard regarding the next fighter, and by extension Geno.
He has mentioned that these are rumors, so take it with some skepticism as per usual:
  1. The SNK "Mii costume" leak from way back that mentioned Mallow, Smithy and Chocobo would be Mii costumes was actually spot-on. The reason why most people discarded it was because of a mistranslation from the source to the person who shared the info to folks like Papagenos. The Mii costume leak was actually a spirit board leak in regards to the SNK section. That means the possibility of the aforementioned costumes popping up is alot more likely.
  2. Fatman has clarified that fighter 5, whomever it may be, will disappoint people. He went on to specify the type of character and how it would basically deconfirm another highly speculated character (3rd party character, Western company). Some are still trying to figure out exactly what company is taking the hit.
  3. Geno is not fighter 5 or even 6. Fatman believes that Geno is likely fighter 7 given everything he's managed to hear so far, but he'll be talking about it in his testament (err, essay) about Geno's chances for Smash.
  4. Cacomallow leak is still a "it's complicated" leak. It could very well be possible that point 2 turns out to be a Bethesda rep that's not Doomguy, so that Doom Mii costumes can happen and solidify Cacomallow leak. However, no Doom Mii costumes could also occur with a Bethesda rep and make the leak fake as well, hence terming it as being complicated. Sources are still somewhat confused by this from what I recall reading.
There's other comments he's made, but they are relatively minor. This is the general information most people have ended up reading. Very nice prospects for Geno if they happen to be true
One thing that hasn't been brought up here is that Bethesda doesn't actually own id Software, the developers responsible for DOOM, but rather they're both owned by the same company, so it's not even a guarantee that a Bethesda rep would necessarily deconfirm anyone or anything.

Rikarte

Smash Ace
No, not as far as I know. But I don't think the two are all that comparable. One was a cropped image leak, the other one is gameplay footage uploaded on Youtube.

Atmoz

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5145-1574-6323
One thing that hasn't been brought up here is that Bethesda doesn't actually own id Software, the developers responsible for DOOM, but rather they're both owned by the same company, so it's not even a guarantee that a Bethesda rep would necessarily deconfirm anyone or anything.
And that's a good point to bring up. id Software isn't owned by Bethesda directly, but their parent company ZeniMax Media owns them.
However, the reason that I mentioned Doomguy as being Bethesda is because id Software's titles are typically paired with Bethesda's stuff, whether it's this year's E3 showcase Bethesda had, or Bethesda Softworks being the one that publishes (and even advertises) the recent DOOM titles. It's complicated, but it's why it's easier for me to call Doomguy a Bethesda representative than being a ZeniMax one, lol.

Nopote

Smash Apprentice
And that's a good point to bring up. id Software isn't owned by Bethesda directly, but their parent company ZeniMax Media owns them.
However, the reason that I mentioned Doomguy as being Bethesda is because id Software's titles are typically paired with Bethesda's stuff, whether it's this year's E3 showcase Bethesda had, or Bethesda Softworks being the one that publishes (and even advertises) the recent DOOM titles. It's complicated, but it's why it's easier for me to call Doomguy a Bethesda representative than being a ZeniMax one, lol.
Yep, but I'm just pointing this out because it's not the first time people have come to conclusions based on incomplete, tenuous information.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
To my knowledge, no. Also, plenty of people made videos talking about it like Papa Genos and Gamexplain.
No, not as far as I know. But I don't think the two are all that comparable. One was a cropped image leak, the other one is gameplay footage uploaded on Youtube.
Actually, it was one image and a couple of WEBMs uploaded to 4chan which were then uploaded to YouTube.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Now that KOS-MOS ain't happening I'm just ready for Ultimate to end. Right now nothing is filling me the confidence that Sakurai is going to include anymore fan favorite characters like Geno or upgrade Assist Trophies & Mii Costumes. This was going to be the last wave of DLC and Sakurai was happy enough to have the last Nintendo character ever to be added to be Piranha Plant and only having one spot of the Fighters Pass be reserved for a ballot request character. What makes anyone think that future DLC is going to be any different with how things have been going for a year?

T2by4

Smash Lord
Is the snk mii costume leak the same as the crash mii costume leak? Does anyone have the original image?

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Now that KOS-MOS ain't happening I'm just ready for Ultimate to end. Right now nothing is filling me the confidence that Sakurai is going to include anymore fan favorite characters like Geno or upgrade Assist Trophies & Mii Costumes. This was going to be the last wave of DLC and Sakurai was happy enough to have the last Nintendo character ever to be added to be Piranha Plant and only having one spot of the Fighters Pass be reserved for a ballot request character. What makes anyone think that future DLC is going to be any different with how things have been going for a year?
Right, I think he has me on ignore for me challenging his viewpoints, so instead of talking to him I'm gonna talk about his attitude. Nothing is definitely pointing towards a definitive disconfirmation of KOS-MOS for good, like nothing is pointing to a definitive disconfirmation of Dante (another of his most wanteds) for good, but in both cases he's given up hope. Hope, fun and a genuine faith in Sakurai to do what he thinks is best for Smash is why people stick around, after all, and he has 0/3. You'd think that with this downcast mood he'd stop posting in an incredibly optimistic thread, but nah, he's stuck in this cycle of complaining. Geno's chances are looking very good but he is too stuck in complaining about Sakurai's perceived failures. Waluigi has a legit chance to strike back and this is ignored- all first party complaints being levelled at the dreaded Plant that seemingly forever ruined Smash for him. Unknown amounts of DLC after FP5 where Sakurai is stating he aims to please are ignored also, which is absurd. Please don't get in a rut and do nothing but complain (it's a Geno support thread, after all).

It's perfectly OK to be critical of Geno's chances- EricTheGamerman EricTheGamerman and Ovaltine Ovaltine both are, however they both look forward with hope, not giving up until Geno is securely in Smash, and certainly not doing nothing but complain that X is in and Y or Z isn't. It's also OK to take a break- if you feel that speculation is becoming too tiring for you it's OK to leave. Take as long as you'd like, make sure you feel good, and return if that's what you want- people like Zack E, LTP and GoodGrief741 have moved on for different reasons, and that's OK. There isn't any need to build yourself into a self-pitying rut. Mental health comes first.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
After further thought, I probably jumped the gun yesterday. I still think Dovahkin could happen, but I’m not as certain as I was yesterday. I am taking Fatmans rumors with a grain of salt now, it has alternated between Lloyd, Nightmare, Sol, and Dovahkin for the past 3 weeks.

However, that being said, I’m also taking Verge with a HUGE grain of salt now. Because if my hunch is correct, he could very well be lying about all of the deconfirmations. At least that is how I see it.

My reasoning is explained here.

To be honest, Verge lost a ton of credibility in my eyes after that whole fiasco.

When Verges “source” said “no Namco”, it should’ve meant exactly that, no Namco for FP5. KOS-MOS is fully owned by Namco, that should’ve ended the conversation immediately.

However, when all of the “leaks” starting popping up for KOS-MOS, he created a scenario where it would be impossible for him to be wrong. He was probably worried about them potentially being true, so he went with the “not sure” route, despite this being a complete contradiction to him saying “no Namco, period.”
About my post earlier, there is also one major thing that is incredibly odd. I guess they would call this a “plot hole” if Smash speculation was a movie.

If Vergebens source really had told him “no Namco characters” with absolute certainty before the KOS-MOS fake leaks popped up (which prompted him to ask), then why did he even ask about her in the first place? Kind of pointless to ask a question you already know the answer to, if you ask me.
For the last part, I could only think of two scenarios on why he would do this. He either didn’t know which company she belonged to, which he could’ve just Googled it, or

”No Namco” was made up by him. And by proxy, every other deconfirmation.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
For the last part, I could only think of two scenarios on why he would do this. He either didn’t know which company she belonged to, which he could’ve just Googled it, or

”No Namco” was made up by him. And by proxy, every other deconfirmation.
Just to point out, KOS-MOS does have a confusing copyright. While she's owned by Bandai Namco, they're only credited for blade designs in the credits of XC2, not for the rights of KOS-MOS(unlike, for example, Square Enix being credited for Geno in the credits of Superstar Saga), and the XC2 design is owned by Nintendo, similarly to Bayonneta's design in Bayonneta 2.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Well...
- There's 2 rumors/leaks, one of which got over half of what it predicted correct, that both imply that Geno's Costume would not be returning since neither of them mention them, which would indicate he's coming as a fighter.
- There's the lack of Geno's Mii Costume after Hero's release despite that being the perfect time to reintroduce it and it being made crystal clear that they intend to bring back most if not all of the 3rd party costumes cut from Ultimate in some way, which would imply that they have other plans for him.
- There's the fact that Geno's name hasn't left any speculation circles when many other names have, including a lot of Geno's main competition such as Sephiroth or Sora, the former being dismissed as leakbait and the latter still hasn't been heard at all.

That's just off the top of my head, there's probably more stuff I'm missing, but yeah, there's plenty that works in Geno's favor that gives people hope that he'll be coming. I understand you're still reeling from being immensely disappointed by something from over a year ago, but don't sit here and complain to us that you have no faith in anything anymore and that there's nothing out there that fills you with confidence when you go out of your way to dismiss, disprove (badly) and ignore anything and everything that could possibly shatter your needlessly negative viewpoint.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Just to point out, KOS-MOS does have a confusing copyright. While she's owned by Bandai Namco, they're only credited for blade designs in the credits of XC2, not for the rights of KOS-MOS(unlike, for example, Square Enix being credited for Geno in the credits of Superstar Saga), and the XC2 design is owned by Nintendo, similarly to Bayonneta's design in Bayonneta 2.
But the fact still remains that she is owned by Namco, right?

Therefore, she would be a Namco rep. And as a result, she should’ve been completely ruled out when Vergeben said “no Namco characters.”

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
But the fact still remains that she is owned by Namco, right?

Therefore, she would be a Namco rep. And as a result, she should’ve been completely ruled out when Vergeben said “no Namco characters.”
Yeah it can be a little confusing with her connection to Monolith, but yeah she’s a Namco character

Btw I’ve loved your redemption arc

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Just wanted to drop this gorgeous art of all of the SSBU newcomers in here! (Artist's Twitter link below)

Check out SchAlternate ( SchAlternate SchAlternate ): https://twitter.com/SchAlternate?s=09 on Twitter

I love art with of the characters/newcomers in it. I love seeing people's different styles and such. And apparently the person is going to keep updating the image with each character that gets announced!

I can't wait to see the final product! Just like the offical Ultimate banner, seeing all of these characters together reminds me just how amazing and special Smash is.

super_smash_bros__ultimate___1st_anniversary_by_schalternate_ddm8yyu-fullview.jpg

Last edited:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Just wanted to drop this gorgeous art of all of the SSBU newcomers in here! (Artist's Twitter link below)

Check out SchAlternate ( SchAlternate SchAlternate ): https://twitter.com/SchAlternate?s=09 on Twitter

I love art with of the characters/newcomers in it. I love seeing people's different styles and such. And apparently the person is going to keep updating the image with each character that gets announced!

I can't wait to see the final product! Just like the offical Ultimate banner, seeing all of these characters together reminds me just how amazing and special Smash is.

View attachment 253054
Geno in that art style would be amazing!

D

Deleted member

Not watching PapaGenos videos that much anymore was another game Channel I wanted too see more. But I’m so thankful for everything he does and just want to say thanks to him for all he does hopefully Geno gets so we can celebrate with him. Definetly the best Super Smadh Bros. Youtuber our There.

Also that picture is awesome Bud King K. Rool is my favourite Ridley as well.

Devil May Cry is honestly a really cool looking series. I want too see more from it one day and hope I can definetly will try to get caught up on the other games. Hope our stylish Boy Dante gets into the Smashing ranks someday.

Finally our boy Geno wonder what his spirit battles will be when he gets in?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom