• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sphenodon

Smash Rookie
The consensus is clear: the closest way towards representation of Dragon Ball in Smash is through Geno.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Yes I do make arguments similar like that, but I never say "it could be other reason." I at least say what those other reason could be instead of leaving it vague.
But you're still essentially saying the same thing.

Loog

Smash Apprentice
Geno is kinda a Dragon Ball character ability wise. I mean, he pretty much has the Kamehameha, Kaio-ken, and Destructo Disk. Not sure where Geno Blast and Geno Flash falls on this pattern though, as I am not super familiar with Dragon Ball beyond DBZ Abridged.
[
Honestly even the Geno doll without the spirit can give plumbers concussions.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Take care, Ovaltine Ovaltine .

If only people weren’t so enraged by people wanting a videogame character in a videogame crossover. If only fanbases weren’t generalized due to a small minority, or even if it was a majority; we’re all still our own individuals.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Geno: SMMIITTHHYY!!!!! I WILL NOT FORGIVE YOU FOR WANT YOU HAVE DONE TO MALLOW!!!!!

Smithy: Huh, huh! He was just a little brat that needed to be taken care of. Simply, I took out the trash. :evil:

Geno: YOU'LL PAY SMITHY!!!!! :demon:
Geno: SMMIITTHHYY!!!!! I WILL NOT FORGIVE YOU FOR WANT YOU HAVE DONE TO MALLOW!!!!!

Smithy: Huh, huh! He was just a little brat that needed to be taken care of. Simply, I took out the trash. :evil:

Someone needs to drawn that or something similar

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman

Little brat? Are you talking about mallow ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT MALLLLLLOW!!?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Thinking about DBZ and Geno I wish Geno was in SMBZ or least played a important role in it instead of appearing in a cameo in one scene.
I remember reading that the creator had plans on bringing in Geno at a later point. I mean, Smithy was an antagonist in the series and was looking for the Chaos Emeralds too. So I bet when they finally encounter Smithy is when Geno was supposed to show up.

Shame that series got cancelled. If it was still going on, it would’ve probably been at its climax by now at least.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I remember reading that the creator had plans on bringing in Geno at a later point. I mean, Smithy was an antagonist in the series and was looking for the Chaos Emeralds too. So I bet when they finally encounter Smithy is when Geno was supposed to show up.

Shame that series got cancelled. If it was still going on, it would’ve probably been at its climax by now at least.
I bet there would have been a conflict between Mecha Sonic and Smithy since Mecha Sonic killed the Axem Rangers X.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
Geno is kinda a Dragon Ball character ability wise. I mean, he pretty much has the Kamehameha, Kaio-ken, and Destructo Disk. Not sure where Geno Blast and Geno Flash falls on this pattern though, as I am not super familiar with Dragon Ball beyond DBZ Abridged.
1) LOL Now that you mention it, I wonder how much of Geno's moveset was inspired by DBZ

2) DBZ abridged is freaking hilarious. If you agree, check out Little Kuriboh's Yugioh and Naruto abridged as well. They're comedy gold.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
I wonder if he ever met Rosalina.....
This is interesting. I always wondered about this and overall what Nintendo could do if they ever reintroduced Geno as a character in the series in any way.

What if the HIGHER AUTHORITY that he spoke about in his game, was :ultrosalina:?

It would expand the Mario universe in a good way and make it all connected somehow. I certainly wouldn't mind it and could be cool if done right.

:bowser::starman:.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master

Smithy: Wh-what ARE you?

Geno: ALLY TO GOOD! NIGHTMARE TO YOU!

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
You know some of you are talking about Super Mario Bros Z but someone has made a spiritual successor called Super Mario Bros GT and its really awesome he is planning to put Geno in his series later on and so far he made 3 Episodes so far. Please take a look at the first episode and I hope you'll stick with the series.

Edit: Ohh...I forgot he did put a image of Geno just to tease us too in the intro.

Last edited:

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
God now im imagining geno, Ridley, K rool, and banjo singing here we are in the future. If geno gets in someone draw that please.

Last edited:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
What happened here? Is it even worth it for me to come back?
Hey, nice to see you again. well the thread got locked two times (the first time because of trolls coming to start a war here and the other one was because there was too many reports) then some people left because of that and went to the Discord server (wich is not that great if you ask me) and that´s basically it
edit: good night everyone

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
Hey, nice to see you again. well the thread got locked two times (the first time because of trolls coming to start a war here and the other one was because there was too many reports) then some people left because of that and went to the Discord server (wich is not that great if you ask me) and that´s basically it
I see. I'm tired - emotionally, physically - but I suppose it's as good a time as any to post this. I did it a week ago before I left.

D

Deleted member

Content removed by author, see Oval's post

Last edited by a moderator:

Crankshadow

Smash Cadet
Keep the faith genobros! I know we get a lot of hate but, its honestly not that different from the other never-evers. Ridley, Krool, and Banjo fans had similar naysayers up to their reveal. Many folks just latch on to it due to him actually having a fairly decent chance.

At the end of the day , even disregarding insider info

1. Geno's costume is nowhere in sight, and clearly could have been multiple times.
2. CacoMallow leak has not been broken, owned, or 1 to 1 replicated.
3. Geno is a Legend spirit, clearly valuable in Sakurai's eyes. (which has interview support)
4. Geno is still freaking here in speculation

Just a few points from this Smash cycle, not even talking about brawl and 4's cycles.

Be the better people, be kind, and don't take the bait. We serve a higher authority...

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm thinking of leaving here for a while. Definitely would return if Geno gets in but the thread's in a state atm. There's always the discord, remember. Take care, gang.

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
Keep the faith genobros! I know we get a lot of hate but, its honestly not that different from the other never-evers. Ridley, Krool, and Banjo fans had similar naysayers up to their reveal. Many folks just latch on to it due to him actually having a fairly decent chance.

At the end of the day , even disregarding insider info

1. Geno's costume is nowhere in sight, and clearly could have been multiple times.
2. CacoMallow leak has not been broken, owned, or 1 to 1 replicated.
3. Geno is a Legend spirit, clearly valuable in Sakurai's eyes. (which has interview support)
4. Geno is still freaking here in speculation

Just a few points from this Smash cycle, not even talking about brawl and 4's cycles.

Be the better people, be kind, and don't take the bait. We serve a higher authority...
these are the points I keep pointing out.
I reall think we'll be getting a direct either end of December or beginning of January.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
It's strange how character hopeful obsession is always called out swiftly and immediately, but character detractor obsession is not. I've seen so many times when Geno is complained about or mocked with no provocation. Hell, he doesn't even need to be related to the topic or even have the topic be about adding characters and there is someone whining about how bad Geno is.

Even if the Geno fanbase was annoying to the point of making people side against him just to spite the fanbase (a la Ridley), the detractors went even further and gone far more obsessive and annoying than fans ever were (again, like Ridley). And if Geno is just a minor, flash in the pan, obscure, forgettable character from a game 20+ years ago, then why can't THEY stop complaining about him? They are just hypocritical. But good luck seeing that get called out.

They did it to Ridley, K Rool and Banjo. And they will just do it again to the next character.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I've said it before and I'll say it again, sakurai himself could personally deliver a signed letter to my house, telling me specifically that he will never put geno in smash, and I'll be there next direct saying "what about geno, tho?"
I won't be stopped.

It's strange how character hopeful obsession is always called out swiftly and immediately, but character detractor obsession is not. I've seen so many times when Geno is complained about or mocked with no provocation. Hell, he doesn't even need to be related to the topic or even have the topic be about adding characters and there is someone whining about how bad Geno is.

Even if the Geno fanbase was annoying to the point of making people side against him just to spite the fanbase (a la Ridley), the detractors went even further and gone far more obsessive and annoying than fans ever were (again, like Ridley). And if Geno is just a minor, flash in the pan, obscure, forgettable character from a game 20+ years ago, then why can't THEY stop complaining about him? They are just hypocritical. But good luck seeing that get called out.

They did it to Ridley, K Rool and Banjo. And they will just do it again to the next character.
I agree, if geno truly has no shot, then why so much active dislike? He should be something you can easily ignore.

But I digress, I don't want to stray too far from the topic, so I'll pose this question.

If geno boost isn't used as a recovery, what WOULD you use it for in a smash moveset?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom