• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
People from the thread have been PMing me, asking where I went since things went down. I hope posting about this is permissible, because this is the only post I will make on the matter, as well as my last post period.

I'm not going to beat around the bush. The way Geno's fan base has been treated the net-wide has been terrible by incredibly loud and angry folk, and even on this site, I feel as though I have to walk on eggshells anywhere I go. People openly dog his fans and the very idea of wanting him in Smash to the point that it feels like I am simply not welcome here. It's mentally taxing and exhausting for my health, and the blow-up was a result of that. It was not simply that one moment; it was a build-up of many, many moments over the course of a year. Branching outside of this thread is difficult when people are throwing punches at the group you belong in. Being in the thread is hard when people come in to throw more punches. The precedent has been left, and I feel the eyes on me if I do as much as post.

All I've ever wanted to do was support a character that I'm passionate for. All I wanted was to talk with some like-minded folk. All I wanted was a nice, healthy environment wherein I wouldn't feel so alone in liking my favorite one-off side character. Alas, this is not the place to do it, if anywhere, since it apparently seems to be a blasphemous choice, something that should get you burned at the Smash stake.

Basically, I'm no longer posting here or on these forums again. Ever. If Geno makes it, I may pop in to give my congratulations and share my happiness with everyone, but otherwise, I'm done. I was honestly planning on going silently, but considering the amount of concern I've been receiving in private, I'd rather nip it in the bud here.

Fellow Geno fans, I will never stop loving him and loving you. You are all so brave and genuine to have come this far.
To people who don't like Geno, but behave respectfully about it, I also love you for being a bright spot in the community. I wish more people were like you.
Anyone else... need not be mentioned, and I wish I didn't have to leave with such hard feelings. Despite it all, I hope that you find it in you to better yourselves and respect others the way you wish to be respected.

I'll be cheering for our boy from the sidelines. <3 Feel free to keep in contact with me via my Twitter. If you're a regular, you already know what it is. If not, PM me and I'll give it to you. I have my reasons to not include it in this post.

Take care.

MattX20

Smash Hero
People from the thread have been PMing me, asking where I went since things went down. I hope posting about this is permissible, because this is the only post I will make on the matter, as well as my last post period.

I'm not going to beat around the bush. The way Geno's fan base has been treated the net-wide has been terrible by incredibly loud and angry folk, and even on this site, I feel as though I have to walk on eggshells anywhere I go. People openly dog his fans and the very idea of wanting him in Smash to the point that it feels like I am simply not welcome here. It's mentally taxing and exhausting for my health, and the blow-up was a result of that. It was not simply that one moment; it was a build-up of many, many moments over the course of a year. Branching outside of this thread is difficult when people are throwing punches at the group you belong in. Being in the thread is hard when people come in to throw more punches. The precedent has been left, and I feel the eyes on me if I do as much as post.

All I've ever wanted to do was support a character that I'm passionate for. All I wanted was to talk with some like-minded folk. All I wanted was a nice, healthy environment wherein I wouldn't feel so alone in liking my favorite one-off side character. Alas, this is not the place to do it, if anywhere, since it apparently seems to be a blasphemous choice, something that should get you burned at the Smash stake.

Basically, I'm no longer posting here or on these forums again. Ever. If Geno makes it, I may pop in to give my congratulations and share my happiness with everyone, but otherwise, I'm done. I was honestly planning on going silently, but considering the amount of concern I've been receiving in private, I'd rather nip it in the bud here.

Fellow Geno fans, I will never stop loving him and loving you. You are all so brave and genuine to have come this far.
To people who don't like Geno, but behave respectfully about it, I also love you for being a bright spot in the community. I wish more people were like you.
Anyone else... need not be mentioned, and I wish I didn't have to leave with such hard feelings. Despite it all, I hope that you find it in you to better yourselves and respect others the way you wish to be respected.

I'll be cheering for our boy from the sidelines. <3 Feel free to keep in contact with me via my Twitter. If you're a regular, you already know what it is. If not, PM me and I'll give it to you. I have my reasons to not include it in this post.

Take care.
Hope things go well for you, Ovaltine. We're going to miss you

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Take care.
Take care Ovaltine. I hope the next time we all chat here again it will be for the celebration of Geno rather than any sort of sad topic.

D

Deleted member

Take care.
Good luck and take care Ovaltine.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Take care.
Saying that I will miss you would fall too short for my real feelings, ngl.

I’ll just say for the sake of this thread’s sanity that all of this is literally happening at the worst possible moment of my life and I’m scared of how worse it could get.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Okay, let me try to sort this all out:

-The "new" source isn't exactly new. They too have been sharing info all year, it's just that I've only met them very recently and learned their backstory. A couple of other people have used them as a contact in the past and some still do.

-This source REALLY doesn't like being called a troll. He even pointed out a recent example of someone calling him one and it really set him off.

-Talking with this guy one on one, he likes the Geno fanbase. He said something along the lines of "he loves the positive reactions of the Geno fanbase and it makes him that happy some of the news he's delivering is it giving it more hope." He also has said that Geno isn't a character he's super attached to but he "admires the dedication of the Geno fanbase."

-Okay... Let me see if I can get this right... Character X is the Western character, the old NoA source has not spoken on them but he has spoken on Character Y who he has argued is probably character 5 and he had been saying it since probably July, on and off. The "new" source believes Character X is 5 and Character Y is 6.

-Character X would presumably confirm Cacomallow but not absolutely. There is still the possibility that Character X could happen but Cacomallow is fake. It's weird. The idea that Cacomallow is real comes from the fact that Cacomallow coming with Character X makes sense under a lot of trains of thought.

-Confidence in Geno is high for a wide variety of reasons and I can write paragraphs on the topic itself. Some shotgun examples are his longevity, the fact that he's still being heard even after Hero's release, a lot of very strange coincidences tied to the character, the missing Mii costume, Sakurai's words in the past, the various leaks he's currently attached to, usable assets from past games, high fan demand, etc.

Hope this covers everything.
I think Geno really is a 100% certainty for some point. everything you said is basically true. He will happen, it just when.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/1...poena-sword-shield-leak-leakers-discord-4chan

Yikes is all I can say to this. I wonder if after this the leak scene for smash is going to become eerily quiet. Also if hypothetically the cacomallow leak is real it makes me wonder if Nintendo is already going after whoever leaked it or if they’re playing it cool until the associated characters release. Or it could be that it’s fake so therefore they don’t give a ****.
I can see this being why leakers or so careful atm

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Right, I think he has me on ignore for me challenging his viewpoints, so instead of talking to him I'm gonna talk about his attitude. Nothing is definitely pointing towards a definitive disconfirmation of KOS-MOS for good, like nothing is pointing to a definitive disconfirmation of Dante (another of his most wanteds) for good, but in both cases he's given up hope. Hope, fun and a genuine faith in Sakurai to do what he thinks is best for Smash is why people stick around, after all, and he has 0/3. You'd think that with this downcast mood he'd stop posting in an incredibly optimistic thread, but nah, he's stuck in this cycle of complaining. Geno's chances are looking very good but he is too stuck in complaining about Sakurai's perceived failures. Waluigi has a legit chance to strike back and this is ignored- all first party complaints being levelled at the dreaded Plant that seemingly forever ruined Smash for him. Unknown amounts of DLC after FP5 where Sakurai is stating he aims to please are ignored also, which is absurd. Please don't get in a rut and do nothing but complain (it's a Geno support thread, after all).

It's perfectly OK to be critical of Geno's chances- @EricTheGamerman and Ovaltine Ovaltine both are, however they both look forward with hope, not giving up until Geno is securely in Smash, and certainly not doing nothing but complain that X is in and Y or Z isn't. It's also OK to take a break- if you feel that speculation is becoming too tiring for you it's OK to leave. Take as long as you'd like, make sure you feel good, and return if that's what you want- people like Zack E, LTP and GoodGrief741 have moved on for different reasons, and that's OK. There isn't any need to build yourself into a self-pitying rut. Mental health comes first.
I don't have anyone on ignore list. I still have fun with Ultimate, just can't care about it's future. With all this talk about "oh this character is going to be DLC *hours later* yeah they're not going to be the Fifth Fighter" points towards the great chances that those characters just aren't going to be in when there hundreds of third party characters out there. Also down right hilarious that people still think Waluigi has a chance in being playable, must be nice to have unrealistic dreams like that.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Saying that I will miss you would fall too short for my real feelings, ngl.

I’ll just say for the sake of this thread’s sanity that all of this is literally happening at the worst possible moment of my life and I’m scared of how worse it could get.
I can't say I know what you are currently going through or how much of an inpact this thread has had on you when it comes to your day to day, life because I don't. However, I do know that, at least from how I have seen things go in my life, there is always going to be a conclusion to the madness and you can go forward from it eventually. That's my peace on the topic.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Well...
- There's 2 rumors/leaks, one of which got over half of what it predicted correct, that both imply that Geno's Costume would not be returning since neither of them mention them, which would indicate he's coming as a fighter.
- There's the lack of Geno's Mii Costume after Hero's release despite that being the perfect time to reintroduce it and it being made crystal clear that they intend to bring back most if not all of the 3rd party costumes cut from Ultimate in some way, which would imply that they have other plans for him.
- There's the fact that Geno's name hasn't left any speculation circles when many other names have, including a lot of Geno's main competition such as Sephiroth or Sora, the former being dismissed as leakbait and the latter still hasn't been heard at all.

That's just off the top of my head, there's probably more stuff I'm missing, but yeah, there's plenty that works in Geno's favor that gives people hope that he'll be coming. I understand you're still reeling from being immensely disappointed by something from over a year ago, but don't sit here and complain to us that you have no faith in anything anymore and that there's nothing out there that fills you with confidence when you go out of your way to dismiss, disprove (badly) and ignore anything and everything that could possibly shatter your needlessly negative viewpoint.
- It's not as if leakers don't mix false info with correct info. That never happens... except for that VGA leak and Dante leak.
- It's not as if there's any precedence of them trying random Mii Costumes to a fighter (let's just ignore Banjo and all those Mii Costumes that release with him). Also let's just ignore the possibility that Square Enix would only want Dragon Quest content to be shown with Hero so they can promote the series better and not have the reveal be tied to a character being deconfirmed.
- Give it time, I'm sure Geno will be taken off the speculation circle just like every other talked about character.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman

Take care.
As much as it’s going to suck not having you here, I completely understand why you would want to leave and I respect that.

Take care Ovaltine, we’ll miss you.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Take care.
Dang, that's a bummer. Take care :yoshi:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045

Take care.
Do what you gotta do ^^ Take care

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If Geno also had an item coming into Smash that can be used against opponents in stages and was from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, what should it be?

Also, take care, Ovaltine Ovaltine , You will be missed.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline

Take care.
I totally understand. Just promise you'll keep making your excellent geno art! Sad to see you go, but c'est la vie. I'll see you around discord!

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
So, it seems that the Smash Direct from 12.5.2015 has been retweeted by some naughty children in order to jebait peeps. However, curiously this Smash Direct was where both Corrin, and Bayonetta were revealed for Smash 4; both being the last DLC characters of the game. If this was done once; it wouldn't be strange for it to be done again (approximately four years later). *crosses fingers hoping for a Nintendo/Smash Direct announcement next week*

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Kind of just want people to stop being ****ty in concerns to, well, everything here. It's weirdly serious.
I think everyone’s kinda shaken by what’s happened on here recently. Hopefully after some time tensions will lessen again.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Kind of just want people to stop being ****ty in concerns to, well, everything here. It's weirdly serious.
To many, Smash speculation is serious business, but I think we are well acquainted with that reality by now. Wish it wasn't, especially when it comes to inflicting actual distress on others or worse.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, it seems that the Smash Direct from 12.5.2015 has been retweeted by some naughty children in order to jebait peeps. However, curiously this Smash Direct was where both Corrin, and Bayonetta were revealed for Smash 4; both being the last DLC characters of the game. If this was done once; it wouldn't be strange for it to be done again (approximately four years later). *crosses fingers hoping for a Nintendo/Smash Direct announcement next week*
Naughty children?

Do you think this means anything?

Also, if there is something, I do hope we get a hint of some kind for Geno, even if he is not announced in what could be a possible Direct. I wonder how his trailer would be if he ever does get revealed, by the way?

Nopote

Smash Apprentice
I think it's probably for the best that we don't focus on insiders or rumors for a while, since that's where most of the **** mentalities seem to originate

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Now that KOS-MOS ain't happening I'm just ready for Ultimate to end. Right now nothing is filling me the confidence that Sakurai is going to include anymore fan favorite characters like Geno or upgrade Assist Trophies & Mii Costumes. This was going to be the last wave of DLC and Sakurai was happy enough to have the last Nintendo character ever to be added to be Piranha Plant and only having one spot of the Fighters Pass be reserved for a ballot request character. What makes anyone think that future DLC is going to be any different with how things have been going for a year?
Can't speak for everyone, this is just my opinion, but even if the picks are similar to the ones in the pass, I'm pretty content with that.

-Joker was a really cool pick that was a complete surprise (probably the most surprising Ultimate inclusion) and comes from a game that's beloved by many in the JRPG group. I've never played it, but there were plenty of people that were happy with his inclusion
-Hero was also a pick that represented the most important JRPG series of all time
-Banjo Kazooie was another pick specifically for the Smash fans
-Terry was a pick that represented one of the most important fighting games series ever

This Pass has given characters that have a strong gaming history as well as 3rd party picks that have a strong fan following but seemed impossible. If this is the route they continue to go, then I'm so down for it. Especially since Banjo, has made me more hopeful for Geno. Additionally, every single character has been fun to play as. I have next to no connection with any of the DLC picks. But there hasn't been a DLC character yet that's made me go "man this character is so boring to play as", so far, it's been the exact opposite

And even then, who knows how future DLC is handled? We don't what's going on behind the scenes, and Smash has done the impossible time and time again. Even characters that seem impossible now, may seem likely later and even if the characters are not the most exciting, I can at least look forward to the fact they'll be fun and enjoyable to play as

MisterMike

Smash Champion
- It's not as if leakers don't mix false info with correct info. That never happens... except for that VGA leak and Dante leak.
But plenty of leaks that turn out to be true more often than not have entirely correct information in them, such as the ChaosZero leak, the NyaseNya leak, the ShadowXOR leak, the Jiggensteins leak, the Ninka/Vaanrose leak, the Battlefield and E3 2018 Booth leak, the E3 2018 4chan leak and the Piranha Plant 4chan leak. I don't know why you keep using an outlier as evidence against any sort of patterns that arise. You do realize that outliers are, by definition, outside of the norm and not representative of the whole, right? 2 out of 9 leaks having mostly true information does not mean that that's the majority.
- It's not as if there's any precedence of them tying random Mii Costumes to a fighter (let's just ignore Banjo and all those Mii Costumes that release with him).
Out of the 4 Fighters Pass characters so far, only 1 of them lacks costumes from their own series or company. Out of the 4 Fighters Pass characters so far, only one of them is composed solely of costumes from said fighter's series. If 3 out of 4 Fighter Pass character came with costumes from their own series, then it's more likely than not that the next fighter will come with costumes from their own series. If 3 out of 4 Fighter Pass characters came with 2 returning costumes, then it's more likely than not that the next fighter will come with 2 returning costumes. Just because an outlier exists does not make it likely or destined to be what happens.
Also let's just ignore the possibility that Square Enix would only want Dragon Quest content to be shown with Hero so they can promote the series better and not have the reveal be tied to a character being deconfirmed.
But we don't know that for sure, it's totally possible that they did that for some other reason.
... see how easy it is to use this line of argumentation? See how little thought you have to put into a rebuttal like that?

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
What do you all think is Geno's favorite thing to do in his past time? I imagine being up in the stars all the time gets a bit boring, but then again, we still know very little about space, let alone the grand scheme of the Mario universe, since, well, it's a whole universe. He probably hangs around different solar systems and galaxies and thus has seen things we couldn't possibly have imagined or seen in any of the Mario games.

I wonder if he ever met Rosalina.....

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
What do you all think is Geno's favorite thing to do in his past time? I imagine being up in the stars all the time gets a bit boring, but then again, we still know very little about space, let alone the grand scheme of the Mario universe, since, well, it's a whole universe. He probably hangs around different solar systems and galaxies and thus has seen things we couldn't possibly have imagined or seen in any of the Mario games.

I wonder if he ever met Rosalina.....
You know, I do think Geno doesn't really live in 'space' per say. Sure, nowadays we look back on the lore given to us and think space because of Mario Galaxy, but really the intention seems to be more like he lived in whatever the Mario universe considered heaven, which is an entirely different can of worms.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797

Take care.
It only takes one bad apple to spoil everything, but I understand where you’re coming from and from one Geno fan to another, so long and hope you end up having a great holiday season.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
But plenty of leaks that turn out to be true more often than not have entirely correct information in them, such as the ChaosZero leak, the NyaseNya leak, the ShadowXOR leak, the Jiggensteins leak, the Ninka/Vaanrose leak, the Battlefield and E3 2018 Booth leak, the E3 2018 4chan leak and the Piranha Plant 4chan leak. I don't know why you keep using an outlier as evidence against any sort of patterns that arise. You do realize that outliers are, by definition, outside of the norm and not representative of the whole, right? 2 out of 9 leaks having mostly true information does not mean that that's the majority.
There are plenty of leaks that have false info mixed in with correct info, it's just that I don't keep a list of what's what and can only say it off the top of my head.

Out of the 4 Fighters Pass characters so far, only 1 of them lacks costumes from their own series or company. Out of the 4 Fighters Pass characters so far, only one of them is composed solely of costumes from said fighter's series. If 3 out of 4 Fighter Pass character came with costumes from their own series, then it's more likely than not that the next fighter will come with costumes from their own series. If 3 out of 4 Fighter Pass characters came with 2 returning costumes, then it's more likely than not that the next fighter will come with 2 returning costumes. Just because an outlier exists does not make it likely or destined to be what happens.
Hmm, last I check Virtua Fighter was owned by SEGA and yet those two Mii Costumes released with Terry Bogard. So it's actually two out of four characters had costumes unrelated to their series and company released with a fighter.

But we don't know that for sure, it's totally possible that they did that for some other reason.
... see how easy it is to use this line of argumentation? See how little thought you have to put into a rebuttal like that?
Yeah are we just going to ignore how anytime they talked about Dragon Quest XI S they always mentioned Smash Bros and how when they reveal Hero for Smash Bros they had the Switch port tag a long side him? Every thing about Hero in Smash Bros was all about marketing Dragon Quest XI S.

Also if you're going to try and say my rebuttal are easy to use by doing it yourself then maybe you should put a reason behind it instead of just saying "some other reason." At least I got a view point of what direction they could've look at instead of being vague on why it was like that.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
They came with Terry because they are fighting game characters.
It makes more sense to release them alongsides the fighting game character.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Hmm, last I check Virtua Fighter was owned by SEGA and yet those two Mii Costumes released with Terry Bogard. So it's actually two out of four characters had costumes unrelated to their series and company released with a fighter.
You're misunderstanding what I said.
"Out of the 4 Fighters Pass characters so far, only one of them is composed solely of costumes from said fighter's series."
Joker came with costumes from his home series, as did Hero, Banjo did not, but Terry did.

"If 3 out of 4 Fighter Pass character came with costumes from their own series, then it's more likely than not that the next fighter will come with costumes from their own series."
The fighter who only has costumes from their home series I was referring to was Hero, as he only has costumes from the Dragon Quest series.

Yeah are we just going to ignore how anytime they talked about Dragon Quest XI S they always mentioned Smash Bros and how when they reveal Hero for Smash Bros they had the Switch port tag a long side him? Every thing about Hero in Smash Bros was all about marketing Dragon Quest XI S.

Also if you're going to try and say my rebuttals are easy to use by doing it yourself then maybe you should put a reason behind it instead of just saying "some other reason." At least I got a view point of what direction they could've look at instead of being vague on why it was like that.
Are you asking me to cite my sources? Because I'll totally go through several of our interactions and show you just how often you use this kind of lazy style of argumentation.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Geno is kinda a Dragon Ball character ability wise. I mean, he pretty much has the Kamehameha, Kaio-ken, and Destructo Disk. Not sure where Geno Blast and Geno Flash falls on this pattern though, as I am not super familiar with Dragon Ball beyond DBZ Abridged.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Are you asking me to cite my sources? Because I'll totally go through several of our interactions and show you just how often you use this kind of lazy style of argumentation.
Yes I do make arguments similar like that, but I never say "it could be other reason." I at least say what those other reason could be instead of leaving it vague.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Take care.
Take care Ovaltine I'll miss you. I hope you're here when Geno get's in.

You know, I do think Geno doesn't really live in 'space' per say. Sure, nowadays we look back on the lore given to us and think space because of Mario Galaxy, but really the intention seems to be more like he lived in whatever the Mario universe considered heaven, which is an entirely different can of worms.
I agree. I see Geno as a angle sent by God from heaven to rescue the day and save the Mario universe from the evil Smithy gang.

Last edited:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Geno is kinda a Dragon Ball character ability wise. I mean, he pretty much has the Kamehameha, Kaio-ken, and Destructo Disk. Not sure where Geno Blast and Geno Flash falls on this pattern though, as I am not super familiar with Dragon Ball beyond DBZ Abridged.
Well Geno Blast resembles Gogeta's Stardust Fall but Geno Flash? i'm having trouble thinking in a similar move to that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom