• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Does the SNK spirit source still believe Crash filor FP5? Or am I confusing him for someone else?
I have a quick question. Are you able to disclose how the snk spirit/mii costume source feels about Geno and Crash (especially him since that source said before to Papa that he was coming)
I talked to the SNK spirit guy and he claimed the Crash for #5 came from a different source then the costumes and spirit board. His personal opinion now (supposedly not based on rumors) line up with mine, that Crash would probably be an E3 announcement. We both think there will be yet another reveal. My opinion is that E3 will have Crash and probably Capcom (Dante or Phoenix) and his opinion is that it will be Sol Badguy. On this note, I will say that getting the orders of these names is kind of mess so a lot of people usually hard assume the latest name they hear will be next.

TableCloth

Smash Cadet
This would definitely be a double edge sword. But I honestly wouldn't mind if Nintendo revealed all the Fighters Pass 2 (assuming there is another pass) characters in one CG trailer a la Capcom for Season 3 of SFV.

It would deflate hype and speculation for a bit since we would know everything in advance. But we could still speculate on what stages, music and mii costumes said character would come with. It'll also help dwindle down flame wars over character reveal speculation and we dont have to keep giving attention to "leakers."

I doubt they'll take this route but its just some food for thought.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I talked to the SNK spirit guy and he claimed the Crash for #5 came from a different source then the costumes and spirit board. His personal opinion now (supposedly not based on rumors) line up with mine, that Crash would probably be an E3 announcement. We both think there will be yet another reveal. My opinion is that E3 will have Crash and probably Capcom (Dante or Phoenix) and his opinion is that it will be Sol Badguy. On this note, I will say that getting the orders of these names is kind of mess so a lot of people usually hard assume the latest name they hear will be next.
So I wonder who is most likely coming after #75 and before :starman::starman:#77:starman::starman:/Geno?

NIckynickreviews

Smash Cadet
Another question to ask then is how reliable does snk spirit guy think this other source is?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
This would definitely be a double edge sword. But I honestly wouldn't mind if Nintendo revealed all the Fighters Pass 2 (assuming there is another pass) characters in one CG trailer a la Capcom for Season 3 of SFV.

It would deflate hype and speculation for a bit since we would know everything in advance. But we could still speculate on what stages, music and mii costumes said character would come with. It'll also help dwindle down flame wars over character reveal speculation and we dont have to keep giving attention to "leakers."

There is no way they would do that, not only because of how it would deflate thing, but because of the circumstances of the characters as well. If the DLC characters are going to be third party again, I think it's safe to say that the companies behind the characters would all want there individual time in the spotlight rather than have their character be a face among several. It would be like what happened with Terry and the Sans reveal to them.

MattX20

Smash Hero
So, if Geno ends up in the game and turns out to be one of the "top tier" characters in the game, would that be a good thing or a bad thing?

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

I swear I recall hearing that Sakurai originally wanted to reveal all the characters at once but Nintendo pushed for the Season pass model and all the secrecy.

Personally I'm on Sakurai's side here... I mean heck, we know all of who's joining MK11 and that's honestly not deflated any of the hype

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, if Geno ends up in the game and turns out to be one of the "top tier" characters in the game, would that be a good thing or a bad thing?
It depends. I mean, there is being top tier, and then there is being so top tier that everyone starts to resent you. I think we should hope for the former.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I think that the Genobros waiting a decade for our puppet boi to come back is worth him being a top tier character

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
So, after the discussion last night about the topic of Black Mage, I actually decided to look back on something. I recalled that there was two Mario sports games that included Final Fantasy character and I wanted to really take a good look at them. I didn't recall much of them being discussed here beyond the fact that we thought Geno should've been included, but I must say...

I think the Mario interpretation of the mages are pretty cool! Like, "it's a same these were only used in two sports games" cool. It would've been even better if SMRPG characters appeared in those games as well, but these are quality. Maybe they can return along with Geno if Square ever makes another Mario RPG.
Mario Hoops 3-on-3 and Sports Mix are the reason I even know about Black Mage and White Mage, haha. I played them a lot when I was younger, particularly the latter, they're pretty fun albeit they tend to be forgotten about. Looking at other designs of the Mages, they really nailed them in those two games in my opinion. Makes me wish for more Square Enix collabs with the Mario franchise in the future, massive bonus point if Geno and Mallow are in there too.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I swear I recall hearing that Sakurai originally wanted to reveal all the characters at once but Nintendo pushed for the Season pass model and all the secrecy.

Personally I'm on Sakurai's side here... I mean heck, we know all of who's joining MK11 and that's honestly not deflated any of the hype
I never heard Sakurai say this. Source please?

Last edited:

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
So, after the discussion last night about the topic of Black Mage, I actually decided to look back on something. I recalled that there was two Mario sports games that included Final Fantasy character and I wanted to really take a good look at them. I didn't recall much of them being discussed here beyond the fact that we thought Geno should've been included, but I must say...

I think the Mario interpretation of the mages are pretty cool! Like, "it's a shame these were only used in two sports games" cool. It would've been even better if SMRPG characters appeared in those games as well, but these are quality. Maybe they can return along with Geno if Square ever makes another Mario RPG.
Well, I was right to not immediatly leave this thread haha
Shiroma (The name of the White Mage), is actually a character that I really support for both Smash, and Mario games ! She's an amazing character that was a LOAD of fun to play in both Hoops 3-on-3 and Sport Mix, and her design is super cool, so I really want her to return in a future Mario Sport games !

And in Smash, if she could get a spirit .. Her theme song, or of course a playable spot, it would be soooo cool, a battle White Mage, doesn't that sound amazing in term of movesets haha

I actually drew her once (Since I'm an artist that draw characters I love here in there), here it is if anyone is interested !

Shiroma Finished.png

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Oh! I wanted to share this with you all because it's kind of neat. One of my contacts made this theory about Direct dates and Amiibos releases and made this handy chart to share and help people visualize his ideas:

screenshot-docs.google.com-2019.12.14-11_32_58.png

D

Deleted member

It'll mean he's been training to be in Smash for the past 23 years and it'll all pay off if he goes even with Pikachu, beats Peach and Daisy, and beats Joker

Last edited by a moderator:

TriggerX

Smash Ace
In terms of the whole mallow hat leak that was floating around, I thought someone’s sources had stated that fp5 had nothing to do with that leak?

If that’s the case, and you believe there is some credibility in that source, Dragonborn content of any kind would seem kind of unlikely. Or any Bethesda character for that matter, since including any bethesda character would obviously have something to do with that leak.

TableCloth

Smash Cadet
Man if the FP2 is something like: Doomslayer, Geno, Crash, Hayabusa, and Dante or Phoenix (r.i.p. Jill and Leon) that would be hell of a pass.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Oh! I wanted to share this with you all because it's kind of neat. One of my contacts made this theory about Direct dates and Amiibos releases and made this handy chart to share and help people visualize his ideas:

View attachment 253009
You know what guys? Let's keep a eye out on Amiibo release dates instead of some event because it always seems like a character reveal comes along right with or near a Amiibo line release according to this chart.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Well, I was right to not immediatly leave this thread haha
Shiroma (The name of the White Mage), is actually a character that I really support for both Smash, and Mario games ! She's an amazing character that was a LOAD of fun to play in both Hoops 3-on-3 and Sport Mix, and her design is super cool, so I really want her to return in a future Mario Sport games !

And in Smash, if she could get a spirit .. Her theme song, or of course a playable spot, it would be soooo cool, a battle White Mage, doesn't that sound amazing in term of movesets haha

I actually drew her once (Since I'm an artist that draw characters I love here in there), here it is if anyone is interested !

Cool that this subject came up then. I don't think her Smash chances are super great(Considering the fact that Black Mage seems to be the more popular and famous of the two and getting the Mario version of the character seems unlikely, especially with Geno existing as a Mario Square Enix character), but perhaps make other appearances. A spirit using Rosalina would probably work out well, and heck, maybe she could be a costume? The White Mage is a class after all, and if such a costume came with Geno, it would make sense to use the Mario interpretation.

Latyon

Smash Cadet

Smash reveals are, like, the biggest hype generator Nintendo has. Staggering reveals has always been the MO and it has always worked. Revealing all 5 at once would have massively deflated the hype. And some characters would just be left behind others and wouldn't get their day in the sun. I'm sure SNK wouldn't have been happy that Terry was BTFO by Banjo and a meme skeleton costume.

MK doesn't have the same level of hype for character inclusions.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Smash reveals are, like, the biggest hype generator Nintendo has. Staggering reveals has always been the MO and it has always worked. Revealing all 5 at once would have massively deflated the hype. And some characters would just be left behind others and wouldn't get their day in the sun. I'm sure SNK wouldn't have been happy that Terry was BTFO by Banjo and a meme skeleton costume.

MK doesn't have the same level of hype for character inclusions.
Had they release all of the Season Pass characters at once Banjo & Kazooie would have overshadow them all except if by some miracle FP5 is Sora.

Edit: Honestly, I think no DLC character will top the bear and the bird hype rise.

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045

View attachment 253009
YES I LOVE MATH

Okay so this pushes what I’ve been thinking, it’s very likely that character 5 will be in January. The recent releases have been before the Amiibo so if that continues they could be pretty early in the month. The Direct date pattern is interesting, if a direct isn’t likely to be next week then I wouldn’t expect one Christmas week but starting off the new year with a Direct on like the 3rd would be great.

They could even reveal the character and release them a week after

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
In terms of the whole mallow hat leak that was floating around, I thought someone’s sources had stated that fp5 had nothing to do with that leak?

If that’s the case, and you believe there is some credibility in that source, Dragonborn content of any kind would seem kind of unlikely. Or any Bethesda character for that matter, since including any bethesda character would obviously have something to do with that leak.
See, this is where I thought S***'s source's wording was weird. What if they meant in a literal sense? They personally said that 5 wasn't Geno or Doomguy so what if the Cacodemon came with a different character? In this way, the statement would still be true, the Doom costume wouldn't directly relate to #5 except in a more abstract sense.

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Cool that this subject came up then. I don't think her Smash chances are super great(Considering the fact that Black Mage seems to be the more popular and famous of the two and getting the Mario version of the character seems unlikely, especially with Geno existing as a Mario Square Enix character), but perhaps make other appearances. A spirit using Rosalina would probably work out well, and heck, maybe she could be a costume? The White Mage is a class after all, and if such a costume came with Geno, it would make sense to use the Mario interpretation.
Rosalina IS the basis for her Smash 4 and Mario Kart 8 mod, so it would definitly work, even though the Luma would be weird ... Replacing it with a Mog could be done though ! It would kinda work ?

I know her chance aren't that great, just that she's one of my ... "Never Ever" character, and in the end I just want her to appear more, no matter the game, and since those 3 (With Ninja) seems to be Square's go too whenever they do a Mario Spin Off crossover, well ... I really want them to co-operate with them one of those days again haha
With Mario Kart Tour, and the fact that it work with Gacha and new character every now and then, I believe it may be her chance to come back if it work for long enough, and that Square interest themself in it, if enough people show that they are interested in seing them come back ... Well maybe we'll get them in others Mario Spin Off in the future haha

But I'm glad that people haven't forgotten her, be it here, or ... Well, in the mod community, she isn't forgotten, and that make me really happy hehe

5a97130960538.jpg

5b645e1485cb6.jpg

Shiroma 2.JPG

Shiroma.JPG

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Was going to take a break but I’m okay and ready I wasn’t stressed out cause of the Game Awards or anything. Regardless can’t wait too see what’s next and there was some cool announcements there.

No More Heroes III: The Return looked cool and Bravely Default 2 looked great. Also happy for all the winners at the awards Nintendo did great.

Anyway back to our boy Geno I’m still hoping for him and I do believe he could be in.

EditorMax

Smash Apprentice
Yes but, very strangely, both believe in the same character but one believes they will be 5 and the other believes they will be 6. That's the big debate. "6" has been argued to be 5 by a good number of people and seen as the last character of the pass. What's interesting about this viewpoint is that it kind of leads to the same conclusion I've been making for months that Geno has a strong chance of being 6 or 7. To me personally, "7" makes more sense for a lot more reasons then just the cheekiness of it and I'll go into that in my big ass essay during my Christmas break.
So, just for clarification, and to sum things up (please correct me if I’m wrong)-

Old NoA source, who has leaked a number of very big things, and has direct knowledge of the Nintendo Legal team’s happenings, has explicitly stated they believe Cacomallow is fake because Nintendo’s legal team hasn’t made a stink about it at all. Old NoA believes character 5 is X and we don’t know what they believe 6 to be.
New source, who also leaked a number of big things (some the same as Old NoA) and who is the one behind the Mii Costume Leak, is described by A Certain Insider to be a “notorious troll,” but is still clearly connected. New source believes Character 5 is Y and that Character 6 is X.
Specifically, in this instance, character Y is a 3rd Party Western Rep that would be “controversial” as it would implicitly deconfirm a highly requested character.
However, New Source’s beliefs on the characters, if true, would somehow nearly confirm Cacomallow being real, or at least by some metric would be seriously good for Geno’s chances.

So with that in mind, I have a few questions (all pertaining to Geno cuz that’s all that matters to me and I’m not tryna get reported lmao):

-I want to believe the Mii Costume leak, but given that Geno fans are essentially the smash speculation fanbase’s easy punching bag, it would certainly not be impossible for a malicious insider to take a list of legitimate info and slide in false things to mess with Geno supporters. Since New Source has been described as a troll, can you point to any instances of them leaking false info?

-On Character X and Character Y: are they both generally accepted to be our next two characters in some order? Or are they merely the top choices of two reliable sources but not really settled on by more than that? And with that in mind, What is it about New Source’s belief that Character Y is 5 and Character X is 6 specifically speaks well for Geno? Since Old NoA Source doesn’t seem to believe in Character Y, is it just that Character Y would assumedly confirm Cacomallow with its Mii Costumes? Or is it that Character X being #6 that makes you think, in some form, Cacomallow would be confirmed?

-In the past you’ve said insider-speculator confidence on Geno is high; I forget exactly what you said, but it was something like at the lowest like half of them believe Geno is in. Given all the ruckus in the leaker-speculative community recently, where do people stand now and why? Is it just based off sources hearing his name from other sources in passing? Cacomallow possibilities? Or have people began to lean one way or the other based off other info?

Sorry this is a lot mate- whether or not you feel like answering I appreciate the hope you give. I’d be lying if my jaded self doesn’t really know what or who to believe at this point, but your optimism on the matter is a real positive driving force for Geno supporters, whether or not what you believe comes true. So thank you.

Nopote

Smash Apprentice
See, this is where I thought S***'s source's wording was weird. What if they meant in a literal sense? They personally said that 5 wasn't Geno or Doomguy so what if the Cacodemon came with a different character? In this way, the statement would still be true, the Doom costume wouldn't directly relate to #5 except in a more abstract sense.
That would make the wording weirder, though, as a Bethesda character would still have something to do with the leak as in a literal sense, they're still characters from the same developer, at least technically.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Not gonna lie part of me would laugh if FP5 was Spyro that comes with a Crash mii costume.
Honestly I would prefer Spyro over Crash. But I know Spyro getting in before Crash would be wrong.

Edit: I MIGHT HAVE FIGURED IT OUT!!! Maybe it's a other Ubisoft rep besides Rayman like Ezio Auditore or the Rabbids.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If it was Spyro I’d be estatic. Cause of course I want him in. But yeah Crash should get in before him.

Wonder who this mysterious western character is?

zferolie

Smash Hero
Hmmm interesting stuff on the Direct dates, and that does make sense. I think a late next week is the soonest we will see one, so the 20th works. if we will or not remains to be seen.

As for the speculation... Sorry if I was coming off as rude or whatnot in the past. Didn't mean it. I just try to keep a level head and stuff. I personally don't see Dragonborn as the choice we get at all if Bethesda gets a rep. If anyone its Doom Slayer due to the massive influence it has on the FPS world. I know relevance doesn't mater to sakurai at all as stated... but this is just a HUGELY important moment in gaming history(Doom) which seems silly to pass up for Dovahkin.

Otherwise, I do like a lot of this other speculation. I wish it was a little less vague but I have gotten over that this is what sources are giving you. I still really think that last picture means something, its just way too off at all. More so then some random chairs(which one could argue now meant for the 2 main bosses in world of light but lets not go there). But like has been said just Daisy doesn't narrow down enough either...

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
If it's as much controversy as corrin, even with doom guy in the equation, I don't think Dova would get that much hate. Vault Boy/ A Fallout character on the other hand...... it's worth discussing at least.

Last edited:

Latyon

Smash Cadet
If it's as much controversy as corrin, even with doom guy in the equation, I don't think Dova would get that much hate. Vault Boy/ A Fallout character on the other hand...... it's worth discussing at least.
Vault Boy is such an out there pick but the moveset potential is insane and he definitely would fit in aesthetically. And would likely murder Doomguy.

I think you might be onto something

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Was going to take a break but I’m okay and ready I wasn’t stressed out cause of the Game Awards or anything. Regardless can’t wait too see what’s next and there was some cool announcements there.

No More Heroes III: The Return looked cool and Bravely Default 2 looked great. Also happy for all the winners at the awards Nintendo did great.

Anyway back to our boy Geno I’m still hoping for him and I do believe he could be in.
Glad you're not leaving, my scaly friend.

Just hope for a beefy January Direct!

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I really want to believe in Geno but I don"t have anything that really points to it being Geno aside from theories. I will only start getting excited if we get a Bethesda character at this point and even that seems like a stretch.

Nopote

Smash Apprentice
You might be working off of a different definition of "controversy" from what Fatman has in mind, though. Controversy in and of itself is a completely subjective thing, and you're not always guaranteed to predict what will be controversial and what won't be for miltiple reasons.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Glad you're not leaving, my scaly friend.

Just hope for a beefy January Direct!
Thanks bud yeah I hope so. I can wait a bit longer anyway weather it be this month or January or February I’m looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom