• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Nice to be back, really interested in what people think about Geno going forward after all that's happened. I suppose we just have to wait now until "you know who" comes back, but I think I have a pretty good idea what, or rather who he's going to say.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Ah Genobros, it's good to be back! :)

Let us resume our choirs and rooting for Geno. Despite recent events that have transpired, his chances are still looking top-notch. Also, what would you all say if a Super Mario RPG remake was announced, it's visual style turned out to be similar to either:

a. Octopath Traveler's HD-2D
b. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (HD remake)
c. Bravely Default/Second

Feel free to share other possible visual styles you'd prefer to see. :seuss:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I don't see how anything can be more controversial than Corrin TBH. Not even a 3H character. Hell, I think most would be fine with KOS-MOS or whatever the rumored characters are now.

The only sense i'm getting from Fatman is that the Skyrim guy is going to be in over Doomguy which will be a downer for the latter's fans. Even then, IDK if it's reaching Dec 15th, 2015 levels. And I won't fully buy it either.

EDIT: Thread locked oopsie! Still gonna post this whenever this thread is set free once more.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Well, according to the first post, there was a lot of reports to sift through.
It's understandable though. The fact is that the thread was even locked because the staff was on the ball to get to an overwhelming number of reports, address every single one, and swiftly re-open the thread is the correct way that things should be handled. If there is a problem, which there was, it should be handled as quickly as possible, and SOLVED as quickly as possible. I'm glad that we are able to see that in action after the night of the VGAs. Thanks for keeping up with the postings everyone!

Droodle

Smash Lord
The rumored 5th character is a touchy subject because, should the rumors be believed, it would be the likely hard deconfirmation of a very popular character. This is why I think the rumored 5th character would probably be the most controversial of all the DLC so far, even with Smash 4 thrown into the mix. Again, hate to pull a Lax Chris, but it's merely rumor a few people I talk to think is credible but could be totally wrong. I'll ask if I can elaborate more or if they want me to just leave it like this.
Fatman, I'm going to be honest. I don't believe you 100% but I'm not going to be toxic about it.

But if Yuri get's in over Lloyd as Fighter 5, I have bragging rights. This deal was made around 400 pages ago. That is all.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Hey there folks! Sorry if this is considered off-topic, but here's a genuine question I have: if Geno ends up being DLC (and let's face, it he will),will this thread become a Social when he's announced or when he's released? Whichever one it is, that makes me want our boy to come already just that tiny bit more.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It's understandable though. The fact is that the thread was even locked because the staff was on the ball to get to an overwhelming number of reports, address every single one, and swiftly re-open the thread is the correct way that things should be handled. If there is a problem, which there was, it should be handled as quickly as possible, and SOLVED as quickly as possible. I'm glad that we are able to see that in action after the night of the VGAs. Thanks for keeping up with the postings everyone!
Yeah, it's probably wise to do that considering this thread tends to move a mile of a minute. They could be working to figure out one thing and all the sudden another problem pops out of nowhere!

Atmoz

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5145-1574-6323
Hey there folks! Sorry if this is considered off-topic, but here's a genuine question I have: in the case Geno ends up being DLC (and let's face, it he will),will this thread become a Social when he's announced or when he's released? Whichever one it is, that makes me want out boy to come already just that tiny bit more.
In the case Geno ends up being DLC, this thread becomes a Social when he is announced. This happened with just about every other character so far.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Finally, I get to post again! It feels like an eternity has passed!

Alright, so, nothing happened at TGA. That's fine... a tad disappointing (especially the lack of Nintendo content in general), but it's fine. Geno is still in the running.

I understand for everyone that things have gotten pretty hard in this waiting period, but it's fine. The Mods are trying their darnedest to give us a place to talk about Geno with likeminded individuals, and I appreciate their efforts. Although their thread locking timing is impeccably right after I see a subject I want to respond to. (How the crap do you guys do that?)

Either way, I'm still confident in Geno making it in. One of the many replies that was given before the initial lock described Geno as a cop. Holy crap, that's totally what he is! He's a Star Cop Gun-Mage/Oversized Action Figure with Rocket Punch Action.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
1st Party or Third Party?

That is all I will ask about this.
Third and Western and this is the extent they want me to go into it. Again, I like to share rumors that I think have credibility based on who they come from but, like anything else, they can be wrong. For example, one of the guys was wrong about a major Nindie announcement and, well, everyone was wrong about the VGAs. Grains, salt, Patreon, Plant plushie, blah blah blah, like, comment, and subscribe.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
The rumored 5th character is a touchy subject because, should the rumors be believed, it would be the likely hard deconfirmation of a very popular character. This is why I think the rumored 5th character would probably be the most controversial of all the DLC so far, even with Smash 4 thrown into the mix. Again, hate to pull a Lax Chris, but it's merely rumor a few people I talk to think is credible but could be totally wrong. I'll ask if I can elaborate more or if they want me to just leave it like this.
I don't know if you saw my question earlier about the Cacodemon thing you mentioned, but I still have that question along with...

I thought you were confident in Bandai Namco being Fighter #5 due to one lining up with all of your theories.

Edit: Western 3rd party? That definitely isn't Bandai Namco...

How confident are you that this is western 3rd party? Because you were confident about other things before.

(I'm not trying to be too uo in your face or anything, but as you know, speculation has been hectic and a lot of seemingly plausible things have been deconfirmed many times over.)

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Fatman, I'm going to be honest. I don't believe you 100% but I'm not going to be toxic about it.
Droodle, I'm going to be honest. If you didn't want to be toxic about it, you shouldn't have posted a message that was designed to garner strong, negative reactions. If you don't believe him, okay. Why should that concern Fatman? You're allowed to have your opinion, but Fatman also is allowed free speech. These types of comments are why the thread got locked twice. Please lets not openly call out other users for believing / not believing in whatever. Let's talk about Geno instead?

Edit: (Minor wording tweak, changed "opinions" to "reactions".)

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
The cool thing about the SNK spirit board thing is that the guy, along with a couple of other people I've talked to, have made suggestions on who 5 and 6 are and, if they right, Cacomallow is real. This is why the wait for 5 or even a January Direct will be agonizing... On that note, Geno wouldn't be 5 or 6 but strongly implies that Geno would honest to god be #77 and the 7th DLC character (if you just count Plant as a bonus).
If it is a rumor than what is the big deal about posting the name on Smashboards?

Ender1645

Smash Cadet
Third and Western and this is the extent they want me to go into it. Again, I like to share rumors that I think have credibility based on who they come from but, like anything else, they can be wrong. For example, one of the guys was wrong about a major Nindie announcement and, well, everyone was wrong about the VGAs. Grains, salt, Patreon, Plant plushie, blah blah blah, like, comment, and subscribe.
Uh oh, I hope you are wrong on this one then if it is what I am thinking.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Western 3rd party that probably deconfirms another character? That is controversial?...

Is this something like Dovakin deconfirming Doom Slayer? Because that's what I'm thinking...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Sounds like Dovahkiin to me.

Hoping it's wrong because I would feel really bad for the Doomguy fans out there. Especially for how long he was speculated.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Western 3rd party that probably deconfirms another character? That is controversial?...

Is this something like Dovakin deconfirming Doom Slayer? Because that's what I'm thinking...
Which would make things with Cacomallow rather awkward in a number of ways.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Yea, pretty obviously Dovahkiin he's talking about, hard deconfirms a popular choice in Doomguy but also pretty much certifies CacoMallow has real. Not really putting any stock in it because it's Fatman and can easily be completely wrong, but it still does correlate with the "deconfirmation lists" if people are still believing those.

Now we just wait for LaxChris to make a video on this TOTALLY LEGIT LEAK FOR FIGHTER 5 FROM THE INSIDER FATMAN.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If it is a rumor than what is the big deal about posting the name on Smashboards?
1. The sources gave me permission to talk about hints to a certain extent on here and Discord.

2. The Paragon Leak basically was someone speculating based on insider info, got turned into Nintendo for "leaking" because someone gave away their personal info, and Paragon received a C&D because some of the speculation/rumors wound up being true. I want to avoid a repeat of that situation and not name specific names.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Well if its who everyone thinks you're hinting at, at least I'll be one of the few happy with them. Plus it paves the way for Geno

Droodle

Smash Lord
Droodle, I'm going to be honest. If you didn't want to be toxic about it, you shouldn't have posted a message that was designed to garner strong, negative reactions. If you don't believe him, okay. Why should that concern Fatman? You're allowed to have your opinion, but Fatman also is allowed free speech. These types of comments are why the thread got locked twice. Please lets not openly call out other users for believing / not believing in whatever. Let's talk about Geno instead?

Edit: (Minor wording tweak, changed "opinions" to "reactions".)
Except I'm not being toxic about, I literally just stated I don't 100% trust Fatman. There's nothing inappropriate about that; and I never stated Fatman shouldn't be allowed to talk either.

You seem to think that me being wary of Fatman is some sort of act of aggression when it's really not.

Besides, it turns out he wasn't even talking about Tales either. Chances are it's Dragonborn getting in over Doomguy: which incidently I've also called since day 1 of the Cacomallow leak.

THAT SAID, I WILL STILL BRAG WHEN YURI GETS IN OVER LLOYD. \. ./

I'm fully prepared to lose though.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Hmm, a controversial Western Third party character that'd deconfirm a popular character? The only thing that comes to mind would a Rabbids rep with a Rayman Mii Costume, which would be pretty sucky even for someone who isn't too into Rayman like me, or maybe a Skylanders rep with Crash and Spyro ones though I think that'd be even less likely and more insulting. Luckily this could just be BS as you said.

EDIT: People have been talking about Dovahkin as well, I guess I shoulda mentioned him too. But I wouldn't consider him as controversial as what I said.

Last edited:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Ah Genobros, it's good to be back! :)

Let us resume our choirs and rooting for Geno. Despite recent events that have transpired, his chances are still looking top-notch. Also, what would you all say if a Super Mario RPG remake was announced, it's visual style turned out to be similar to either:

a. Octopath Traveler's HD-2D
b. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (HD remake)
c. Bravely Default/Second

Feel free to share other possible visual styles you'd prefer to see. :seuss:
A remake along with Geno on Smash? that would be the best thing ever

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
So, just to bring this back, how would we go about organizing a contest?
I think we'd just have to get a prize and rules and a deadline and post about it here.

I would love to judge a geno/smrpg moveset contest, that sounds super fun.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I think we'd just have to get a prize and rules and a deadline and post about it here.

I would love to judge a geno/smrpg moveset contest, that sounds super fun.
Not sure what sort of prize can be orchestrated. I thought it was just for the sake of the fun and community.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970

Speak of the devil, I guess you are officially a "leaker" now. LaxChris says that he only has screenshots because the source was deleted, but I mean... has he even tried to find it? You can really tell how much the guy cares about looking into the things he talks about in his videos. The messages haven't left Smashboards.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I wanna say its Shantae, but who would she deconfirm? But thats also my bias showing haha

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Like I've said in the past, the main thing of evidence of Cacomallow being fake is that, according to the "old" NoA source, Nintendo's legal team didn't freak out about it like they supposedly did the Ken leak. Both the old NoA source and the main guy pushing this rumor have very good track records but have two completely different takes on the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom