• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Dovahkin would honestly be really hype. It would definitely soften the blow for me if Vergebens list is true.

Shame that it is probably leakbait though.

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
If Geno gets in as the 7th fighter, there will not be a spirit board. Maybe like two or three spirits alongside of one fighter, but there will SURELY not be a spirit board. That is reserved for the Fighter Pass characters, and would give additional characters who make it in, say Bandana Dee at #6 and Geno #7, high amounts of undue representation in the spirit list, when they come from an already repped (probably first party) series.

But I don't know anything about it. All I have is high confidence that the exclusive spirit boards end with the controversial, third party FP5.
Perhaps post-pass DLC characters could add Spirits from their franchise to the regular Spirit Board? That's one way to do it, though personally, I think at least characters from franchises with few or no Spirits could use a board of their own, and that does include Geno since he represents SMRPG which only has two Spirits currently

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
This is fair, considering we don't know the nature of DLC beyond the 5th fighter. I do hope that if there is going to be less content like that, however, the price will be lowered overall.
No doubtly. The Fighter Pass served to introduce all of the heavy-hitting DLC characters into the bunch. There won't be a selection of songs, individual spirit board, etc.

Perhaps post-pass DLC characters could add Spirits from their franchise to the regular Spirit Board? That's one way to do it, though personally, I think at least characters from franchises with few or no Spirits could use a board of their own, and that does include Geno since he represents SMRPG which only has two Spirits currently
This for sure though. I'm not expecting a ton of new spirits for each new fighter. Like I said, two or three to accompany. But if there's a Resident Evil event that adds 4 spirits, then a Geno event that adds 4 spirits and a fighter is completely in the realm of yes for me.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
I'd go with Valentina instead of Toadofsky but the rest is on point
Yeah, yeah. I mean SMRPG surely doesn't represent one of the only times in Mario history it subverted the personality of one of its most consistent characters. Surely there isn't a character like THAT!!! :yoshi:
Clearly he confused Belome with another SMRPG character whose name starts with a B :yoshi:
Alright lads. I had thought of including Valentina on that list, and of course Boshi as well (needs to be either a Yoshi alt skin, or echo one day). :kirby:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Finally caught up and, *sigh*, sounds as though CacoMallow being true may be a monkey’s paw. Here’s to you Doomguy, for saving our boi Geno from PNG Hell

TableCloth

Smash Cadet
Finally caught up and, *sigh*, sounds as though CacoMallow being true may be a monkey’s paw. Here’s to you Doomguy, for saving our boi Geno from PNG Hell

Yeah Monkey's Paw is what I'm feeling right now. Hey I might not get Doomslayer but at least the Geno fans finally got their wish.

The more time goes on I think Fatman is referring to Doomslayer not making it. Somethjng like Dovahkin being number 5 and Doomslayer getting mii costume'd is what I'm betting on now as much as it pains me to say.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I think Dovahkin would be considered “more controversial than Corrin” is because they are owned by Bethesda proper, AKA the masterminds behind the Fallout 76 fiasco. And Doom Slayer is owned by ID Software, Bethesda only publishes the games.

I could be wrong, but that is how I see it.

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Yeah Monkey's Paw is what I'm feeling right now. Hey I might not get Doomslayer but at least the Geno fans finally got their wish.

The more time goes on I think Fatman is referring to Doomslayer not making it. Somethjng like Dovahkin being number 5 and Doomslayer getting mii costume'd is what I'm betting on now as much as it pains me to say.
Yeah Doomguy is the only highly requested western character that could be deconfirmed by another character that I can think of. Hopefully if he’s Mii Costume’d it’s styled after the collectibles from Doom 2016 and comes with music.
Either way it means Geno’s in so still a win ^^

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Well if we do get Dovahkiin instead of Doomslayer, that probably increases Master Chief's chances, so that would be alright in my book. And if the Cacodemon hat still comes with him, then Geno would all but be confirmed. I hope we get a direct sometime this month instead of having to wait until January or God forbid February.

Nopote

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Doomguy is the only highly requested western character that could be deconfirmed by another character that I can think of. Hopefully if he’s Mii Costume’d it’s styled after the collectibles from Doom 2016 and comes with music.
Either way it means Geno’s in so still a win ^^
Didn't Fatman literally just say that the Caco leak is likely a fake, meaning Geno isn't really a guarentee?

DIY

Smash Apprentice
Actually, speaking of the Cacomallow leak, I've got a question for anyone who may be knowledgeable on coding or game designing. Assuming the leak is real, since the leak only had the Mii hats and not the costumes, is there a chance that the "tester" who took the photo legitimately only received the hats to work with?

Basically, would the reason there are no costumes be the fact that they were so early in development that no body costumes were made, only the hats? Or is there another viable explanation as to why no costumes were used in the footage?

I'm still leaning towards to it being real but still uncertain either way.

Last edited:

TableCloth

Smash Cadet
So we're all in agreement that it has to be someone like Dovahkin right?

The only other "conteoversial" western 3td party that could get in is idk, Activision-Blizzard maybe? Like Tracer getting in with a Crash and Spyro mii costume lol.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Can anyone fill me in. Whats going on with doombros? What happened?
Fatman said he's heard rumors of a Western third party character that would be very controversial and potentially deconfirm another character, and people are speculating it'd be Dovahkin which would be bad news for Doombros

Even if Doomguy himself dies, the Geno/Doomguy Bro memes must live on forever
Hell yeah!

Last edited:

Nopote

Smash Apprentice
Also, I'm 100% sure Crash could get deconfirmed by a World of Warcraft character, or that the Bethesda rep would be something like Fallout instead, or even that the rumor itself is inaccurate (people here tend to forget that Fatman isn't actually a leaker and that the sources aren't necessarily 100% in the know). None of this information makes things as set as all of you seem to imagine.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Fatman said he's heard rumors of a Western third party character that would be very controversial and potentially deconfirm another character, and people are speculating it'd be Dovahkin which would be bad news for Doombros
Exactly

Even if Doomguy himself dies, the Geno/Doomguy Bro memes must live on forever
The Geno/Doomguy memes will never die

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Also, I'm 100% sure Crash could get deconfirmed by a World of Warcraft character, or that the Bethesda rep would be something like Fallout instead, or even that the rumor itself is inaccurate (people here tend to forget that Fatman isn't actually a leaker and that the sources aren't necessarily 100% in the know). None of this information makes things as set as all of you seem to imagine.

Oh ya we are aware of that. We are just deceasing the possibility of this info being real and what could happen if proven true.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
To be honest, I normally take Fatmans rumors with a grain of salt. But honestly, I think we just found out the identity of FP5.

If it was just this statement from Fatman, I’d probably be WAY more skeptical. However, combine this with Vergebens latest kill list, Sabi saying FP5 was on the first post (where Verge deconfirmed Bethesda proper, but then went back on it), and the direction of the DLC cycle, it all fits together perfectly.

There is literally no one else it could be, taking all of this into consideration. At least not anyone I can think of at this moment.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
OH, ACTUALLY

I could TOTALLY see a WoW character or an Overwatch being WAAAAAAY more controversial due to the mess that Blizzard is in right now. So could that mean...
5. Activision/Blizzard rep that isn’t Crash
6. Doomguy
7. Geno
That’s a possibility I think

T2by4

Smash Lord

Hell yeah!
>very controversial character

Pipboy is the only one I can think of. I feel people would be hyped for dovahkiin, not so much for pipboy from fallout. There's too much evidence for doomguy, and unless they only talked to bethesda about only getting the cacodemon, I can't see him not getting in. Did he mention anything about the cacomallow costume thing? Is that involved with this? I really hope our doombros make it with us. We're still good to go so far though as far as geno goes, right?

Last edited:

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
Geno being 77 is merely my assumption because if Geno isn't 5 or 6 and Cacomallow really was real, why would the Cacodemon and Mallow costumes be shown together? There's other reasons too that I think are weird:

With GameXplain correctly "guessing" that there would be no VGA reveal a week out, this video is a lot more interesting. For example, Geno, Lloyd, and Waluigi not being mentioned in this video despite extensive segments on assist trophies, spirits, and Mii costumes is really unusual and things like Jon's extremely strong confidence in a spirit promotion are especially eyebrow raising.
Waluigi, Lloyd, and Geno all being DLC would make me very happy.

Nopote

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, I normally take Fatmans rumors with a grain of salt. But honestly, I think we just found out the identity of FP5.

If it was just this statement from Fatman, I’d probably be WAY more skeptical. However, combine this with Vergebens latest kill list, Sabi saying FP5 was on the first post (where Verge deconfirmed Bethesda proper, but then went back on it), and the direction of the DLC cycle, it all fits together perfectly.

There is literally no one else it could be, taking all of this into consideration. At least not anyone I can think of at this moment.
I'm personally really skeptical because there are still more than a fair few characters I can think of just taking the latter information into account.

Personally, I'm thinking it may be WoW. That's if the rumor is actually true, in any way, shape, or form.

Last edited:

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
Really, Doomguy as a gunner costume makes a lot of sense. Dragonborn fighter, doomguy gunner, mallow brawler, smithy swordsman, cacohat general, and dragonborn armor as a costume.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
A western third party deconfirming a popular pick eh?

Doom fan: I want Doomguy!

Halo fan: I want Master Chief!

Doom fan: Doomguy is from the 8-bit era when FPS was invented! We were here first so unless you got anyone else from that time good da--

Sakurai: 'Kay. Duke Nukem.

Doom/Halo fans: NANI?!

Cinematic trailer plays. Duke hits on Bayonetta in a Johnny Bravo fashion that gets him punched literally to the moon where he comes across a Geno doll. He comes to life and the two play the SNES together to kill time.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Yeah, yeah. I mean SMRPG surely doesn't represent one of the only times in Mario history it subverted the personality of one of its most consistent characters. Surely there isn't a character like THAT!!! :yoshi:
Her fight is Purple Rosalina with Black Dedede as teammate.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
I did make arguments with people that doom probably wont get a mii for no reason at all. But if a befesta rep got in then ya i could see it happening.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I'm personally really skeptical because there are still more than a fair few characters I can think of just taking the latter information into account.

Personally, I'm thinking it may be WoW. That's if the rumor is actually true, in any way, shape, or form.
If we fit all of these puzzle pieces together, taking everyones statements into account, then that would mean it would mean it would either be.

>Bethesda Character that isn’t Doom Guy (Dovahkin or even Vault Boy)
>Activision/Blizzard Rep NOT Crash or Tracer

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , we owe you a HUGE thanks. You may have just offered a critical clue in finally solving this wild speculation season.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
If the hypothetical company is bethesda and controversial as corrin, I'd say Vault Boy over Dovakhin, due to the state of the fallout franchise rn. I imagine some people would have mixed feelings about that.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
OH, ACTUALLY

I could TOTALLY see a WoW character or an Overwatch being WAAAAAAY more controversial due to the mess that Blizzard is in right now. So could that mean...
5. Activision/Blizzard rep that isn’t Crash
6. Doomguy
7. Geno
That’s a possibility I think
Idk, with how Nintendo totally threw Blizzard them under the bus with the Switch launch of Overwatch, I have my doubt. I think the Doomguy stuff is more likely, especially with the possibility of Cacomallow.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, food for thought about the 5 rumors, the following characters have been rumored for the 5 slot in insider circles since September: Ryu, Geralt, Nightmare, Lloyd, Sephiroth, Sol, and Dante. Strangely, all these characters are sword users which potentially suggests that all 7 were red herrings for a sword user as well. To throw more on the sword pile, the following Mii costumes from Smash 4 are still MIA (minus Geno and Chocobo who were arguably supposed to come with Hero and Heihachi for Terry): Monster Hunter, Rathalos, Lloyd, Gil, Megaman EXE, and Megaman X. The strongest overarching themes are swords and heavy armor, again, potentially suggesting that 5 is supposed to represent both themes too.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
So, food for thought about the 5 rumors, the following characters have been rumored for the 5 slot in insider circles since September: Ryu, Geralt, Nightmare, Lloyd, Sephiroth, Sol, and Dante. Strangely, all these characters are sword users which potentially suggests that all 7 were red herrings for a sword user as well. To throw more on the sword pile, the following Mii costumes from Smash 4 are still MIA (minus Geno and Chocobo who were arguably supposed to come with Hero and Heihachi for Terry): Monster Hunter, Rathalos, Lloyd, Gil, Megaman EXE, and Megaman X. The strongest overarching themes are swords and heavy armor, again, potentially suggesting that 5 is supposed to represent both themes too.
I struggle to know who this could be. I don't think the dragonborn has heavy armor quite like that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom