• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Anyway, I think this Dovahkin speculation is getting a bit much for the current rules. Obviously there is a connection there due to Cacomallow, but we need to bring things back a bit just in case.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I’ve realized that I just really want a character with a “demonic” vibe to come out alongside Geno to emphasize his angelic theme. Be it Nightmare or Doomguy, I just like the contrast

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
No offense.... but I would be quite upset with Dovahkin as the final character. Seriously
I for one, would be hyped to the moon and back if he is.

I’ve always really loved Skyrim, and I have a fair share of friends who would absolutely love for this to happen. I’d argue that this reveal would be on par with Banjo & Joker for me.

Aside from deconfirming Slayer, why is this the consensus shared by everyone?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think after this TGA nonsense

we can put characters from 3rd party franchise and games that hardly anyone is aware of and didn't have any real impact on video gaming

forever out of the discussion of relevant speculation discussions.

Nopote

Smash Apprentice
Anyway, I think this Dovahkin speculation is getting a bit much for the current rules. Obviously there is a connection there due to Cacomallow, but we need to bring things back a bit just in case.
Agreed, this is getting dangerously close to leaker talk, and I really hate leaker talk when it gets in the way of actual discussion and fun speculation.

zferolie

Smash Hero

I’ve always really loved Skyrim, and I have a fair share of friends who would absolutely love for this to happen. I’d argue that this reveal would be on par with Banjo & Joker for me.

Oh if your happy, great, more power to you. I just never got into skyrim at all even with trying a few times, so I have no connection to him at all.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I think after this TGA nonsense

we can put characters from 3rd party franchise and games that hardly anyone is aware of and didn't have any real impact on video gaming

forever out of the discussion of relevant speculation discussions.
You do realize what thread this is right

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, fun topic for Geno... Imagine Geno's 77 and Cacomallow is real; groovy, what about the Mii costumes? This implies that the Mii costume leak from the summer was right meaning Smithy, Mallow, and Chocobo would be coming too. Every pack has come with at least four Mii costumes: who do you think the fourth would be? My personal theory is a Sephiroth Mii costume with One Winged Angel.

Last edited:

Nopote

Smash Apprentice

People have a really low opinion of Bethesda games, especially recent ones, and people don't have low opinions of id Software games. It's simple as that.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
So, fun topic for Geno... Geno's 77 and Cacomallow is real; groovy, what about the Mii costumes. This implies that the Mii costume leak from the summer was right meaning Smithy, Mallow, and Chocobo would be coming too. Every pack has come with at least four Mii costumes: who do you think the fourth would be? My personal theory is a Sephiroth Mii costume with One Winged Angel.
Oh man a Sephiroth Mii Costume that looks like his super blocky non-battle model would be hysterical.

Also getting Super Mario RPG music AND One Winged Angel in the same day would be amazing

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
So, fun topic for Geno... Imagine Geno's 77 and Cacomallow is real; groovy, what about the Mii costumes? This implies that the Mii costume leak from the summer was right meaning Smithy, Mallow, and Chocobo would be coming too. Every pack has come with at least four Mii costumes: who do you think the fourth would be? My personal theory is a Sephiroth Mii costume with One Winged Angel.

I think he would just bring the old geno mii back. I dont see why they would get rid of it. Especially since there trying to bring all the miis from 4 back

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Maybe they can do a Bravely Default costume due to the Bravely Default 2 announcement. I don't know any characters from that series, but I think it makes a bit of sense.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
True, but that was really stretching. it just seems so odd Daisy is there. Plus... I guess most players want not another male characters as dlc as well(in this FP at least)
I’m sorry, but for a vast majority of people, gender is absolutely meaningless when it comes to deciding most wanted characters.

If FP5 was Sora/Master Chief, I guarantee you this factor would be completely irrelevant to like 95% of everyone.

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
So, fun topic for Geno... Geno's 77 and Cacomallow is real; groovy, what about the Mii costumes. This implies that the Mii costume leak from the summer was right meaning Smithy, Mallow, and Chocobo would be coming too. Every pack has come with at least four Mii costumes: who do you think the fourth would be? My personal theory is a Sephiroth Mii costume with One Winged Angel.
If they really wanted to ruffle some feathers, they could throw Sora in there, but that'd be too cruel.

Perhaps Black Mage since he's pretty iconic to Final Fantasy like Chocobo, and with FF4 Boss theme/Fight Against Culex if we're lucky. Like come on, it'd be too perfect!

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I've seen you say 77 for awhile... but wasn't Banjo 77? Plant was the 75th character and listed as such with counting echos... right? or am i remembering completely wrong

I’m sorry, but for a vast majority of people, gender is absolutely meaningless when it comes to deciding most wanted characters.

If FP5 was Sora/Master Chief, I guarantee you this factor would be completely irrelevant to like 95% of everyone.
True, i worded it wrong sorry. I do like male characters but Dovahkin just seems so.... bland? Its a player character, no personality other then what you give it. Unlike VIllager who still has somewhat of a base personality a bit Dovahkin doesn't seem to have much of anything.

Plus I know characters mean more then just their gender, but there are a ton of characters deserving to be in smash, that influenced gaming, that are girls.

I don't want to be so negitive about someones most wanted choice and feel bad but he just bugs me as a choice, sorry :(

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
If they really wanted to ruffle some feathers, they could throw Sora in there, but that'd be too cruel.

Perhaps Blue Mage since he's pretty iconic to Final Fantasy like Chocobo, and with FF4 Boss theme/Fight Against Culex if we're lucky. Like come on, it'd be too perfect!
My good sir, by Blue Mage are you referring to the Black Mage? I understand the confusion as they traditionally wear blue, but they’re a Black Mage because they use black magic (destruction magic), as opposed to the White Mage who uses white (healing) magic

Now that I think about it... highly damaging magical attacks, weaker defenses, wears blue... were it not for Geno Boost, Geno would straight up be a black mage

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
My good sir, by Blue Mage are you referring to the Black Mage? I understand the confusion as they traditionally wear blue, but they’re a Black Mage because they use black magic (destruction magic), as opposed to the White Mage who uses white (healing) magic

Now that I think about it... highly damaging magical attacks, weaker defenses, wears blue... were it not for Geno Boost, Geno would straight up be a black mage
I think Mallow is more of the black mage, considering his abilites and the fact that they both wear similar striped pants.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I think Mallow is more of the black mage, considering his abilites and the fact that they both wear similar striped pants.
That’s true, and Mallow fits the “squishy wizard” archetype a bit better (Geno’s physucal attack is too good). But since Mallow also gets healing does that make him a Red Mage?

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613

I actually did know it was Black Mage and I intended to write it as such, but I just wrote it as Blue for some reason lmao. I guess I got a brainfart for a sec. Lemme edit that real quick.

And dang, you're right! I remember reading that in the comment section of an SMRPG music video. Makes perfect sense. I bet the peeps at Square intentionally designed Geno to be like Black Mage.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I feel like there is a lot of pressure on this thread.

Maybe it is just me, but I feel sort of on edge talking about Dovahkin due to recent events...

Things just feel off to me.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
So no new leads? We are in the dark once more? Or we have been all this time and I'm just praying for some light to shine soon??!! GENO has to be in this game...CAN FEEL IT! Deep...down.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That’s true, and Mallow fits the “squishy wizard” archetype a bit better (Geno’s physucal attack is too good). But since Mallow also gets healing does that make him a Red Mage?
Yeah, at least according to its TV Tropes page. Apparently Donald Duck in Kingdom Hearts runs into a similar circumstance, being a wielder of the elements with some healing ability.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

Maybe it is just me, but I feel sort of on edge talking about Dovahkin due to recent events...

I don’t see how this is the case at all.

All we are doing is discussing a potential new lead for FP5

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
To me, honestly, a Sephiroth Mii costume would feel dirty. His and Cloud's rivalry is just as iconic as everyone else's like Samus and Ridley's so I'd like to see Sephiroth get a chance if possible. "So this is where you've been Cloud..."

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
Hey, first post.
Hi Geno thread, I've been lurking in the shadows, watching all of you since page 1847.
And I have to say, I really like the camaraderie each of you display to one another.
I had fun seeing all the Geno memes you guys made, and I won't deny that I mostly kept up with the thread because of Fatmanonice Fatmanonice intriguing theories.

I personally don't have any connection with Geno or Super Mario RPG, you see I'm more of a Waluigi guy, but still I will admit that Geno has the potential to be a super unique fighter in Smash.

With that out of the way, I'd like to know what you guys think Geno's stage will be? (Assuming he's the first DLC in Fighters Pass 2.)

Nopote

Smash Apprentice

I feel that the whole thing with having a speculation with insider connections (I think?) within the thread is causing a lot of friction and drama - friction which probably doesn't belong in a thread that is mean to be focused on supporting a specific character.

Last edited:

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
If a Sephiroth Mii costume comes with One-Winged Angel when Geno gets revealed as a character, do you think the Chocobo Theme would also come with the Chocobo hat? I only say this because it played when they revealed the Chocobo hat for Smash 4.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
So I come back to the possibility of Dovakhin getting in with a Doomguy mii costume, huh? Geno would still happen if this were the case and if the Cacomallow thing is real, and I would be pretty happy to see this. But my god, I would be so pissed at Bethesda.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
So no new leads? We are in the dark once more? Or we have been all this time and I'm just praying for some light to shine soon??!! GENO has to be in this game...CAN FEEL IT! Deep...down.
We actually got a huge break from Fatman.

It lines up perfectly with comments made by Vergeben and Sabi.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I just came to a VERY interesting realization. See, I just use google autofill to get to the Geno thread, and it always takes me to the page from back when CacoMallow was first going around, that just so happens to have this image with a message from Sabi on it.

His reaction made me think it's real. Well whatever, the source just had a weird reaction to a crazy potential leak, who cares right? He said it didn't mean Doomguy or Geno later so what matters? See, thats the thing, it was pretty much 4-5 days later when Sabi said that's what the source told them. If the source knew who Fighter 5 was, why would it take so long to shoot down the two characters implied in the leak? Unless the character they knew just so happened to be somewhat related to one of the characters connected to the leak, maybe from the same company perhaps, and they may have wanted to do some fact checking of their own to be sure they were correct?

Just some crackpot theories for thought.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
If a Sephiroth Mii costume comes with One-Winged Angel when Geno gets revealed as a character, do you think the Chocobo Theme would also come with the Chocobo hat? I only say this because it played when they revealed the Chocobo hat for Smash 4.
I mean I don't see why not, but if "theoretically" the same amount of funding was put to get 2 tracks from Final Fantasy 7 and 50 Songs fron SNK's Library of Titles I kinda doubt something like that would even occur for Final Fantasy Mii Costumes lol.

If anything Megalovania is a unique case because it is synonymous with sans, and the composer for the song also happens to be the one that okay'd the costume in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom