• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Basically, the person who reported to Papagenos about the Mii Costumes for Banjo (Rocket Grunt, Goemon) also reported on Mii costumes for Mallow and Smithy down the pipeline, Said person also said Crash was number 5, but no idea if that's happening. Mind you this was before the CacoMallow videos happened.

Anyway, this person also sent him a list of SNK characters. We all assumed those were Mii Costumes to come with Terry, but the selection turned out to be entirely wrong, so we all dismissed this leaker as a one time thing

But the other day clarification came in, the names he leaked wasn't costumes, it was the spirits that Terry came with, and that was right on the money.

So this clarification means the leaker was correct all along, which strengthens his claim of Mallow and Smithy mii costumes
But that’s backpeddling and that’s sign of trying to cover wounds

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I’m really excited for fatmans big Geno recap essay coming up. There is a pretty overwhelming avalanche of things to be excited about regarding Geno’s chances here.

What would be the first thing you would do upon downloading Geno? Classic mode? Training mode? His spirit board (assuming post pass guys get one)? Straight into online like an absolute madlad?

I’d probably go in training mode and have a surreal out of body experience just moving around with him, and then move onto Classic mode and the spirit board, and then go into full tryhard mode learning everything I can. I’d likely take a few days off work solely to play with him uninterrupted
Probably just make a normal 3-stock match with a Level 9 and just play a couple rounds. That seems to be my go-to whenever a new character is revealed, I can't imagine how good it would feel with a character I actually care about lol.

I kinda skipped Terry, but playing Sans for the first time was a ton of dumb fun. I know he's just a skin but just seeing him actually in action in Smash with Megalovania officially in the background made me so frikkin happy in the dumbest way possible. :laugh: I hope I'll get to experience that again if someone like Geno or Waluigi make it in.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I’m really excited for fatmans big Geno recap essay coming up. There is a pretty overwhelming avalanche of things to be excited about regarding Geno’s chances here.

What would be the first thing you would do upon downloading Geno? Classic mode? Training mode? His spirit board (assuming post pass guys get one)? Straight into online like an absolute madlad?

I’d probably go in training mode and have a surreal out of body experience just moving around with him, and then move onto Classic mode and the spirit board, and then go into full tryhard mode learning everything I can. I’d likely take a few days off work solely to play with him uninterrupted
Probably training mode to get a feel of him. That is what I have done with all of the DLC characters so far, so I don't see that changing.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
So, I've tested the interaction between Mii Brawler, Ken, and the assist trophy a bit more, while also using two more Ken bots on the sides to dezoom the camera, and the bigges thing it that the color of the assist trophy vanish in the leak video, but not in-game. In fact, the assist trophy is way clearer, but the head of my Mii totaly dissapear from being viewable. I think that it needs a bit more testing from persons that are more competent with video recording than me. I'm also sorry, but I can't post this on Imgur, I tried to make an account for it, but it didn't work, I didn't got the verification numbers for some reasons.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace

Probably play a regular stock match first to play around and get a feel for him, but I can't deny I'd probably go all-in on camera mode taking all kinds pictures of him in nice settings in celebration of a long journey meeting its end.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I was thinking in making a meme about "It's a wonderful day for pie" but with Geno and other characters from Ultimate's roster as a way to celebrate the return of our puppet boy but i'm not sure how to do it, any ideas?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
But that’s backpeddling and that’s sign of trying to cover wounds
If I recall correct, the clarification was us being able to see his original message, showcasing that he never specified it was costumes. The costume bit was just assumed.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The cool thing about the SNK spirit board thing is that the guy, along with a couple of other people I've talked to, have made suggestions on who 5 and 6 are and, if they right, Cacomallow is real. This is why the wait for 5 or even a January Direct will be agonizing... On that note, Geno wouldn't be 5 or 6 but strongly implies that Geno would honest to god be #77 and the 7th DLC character (if you just count Plant as a bonus).

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If I recall correct, the clarification was us being able to see his original message, showcasing that he never specified it was costumes. The costume bit was just assumed.
To make sure this is a different leak and not the frogger leak right?
(It had the same costume claims which was misprinted and actually suppose to say spirits)

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
The cool thing about the SNK spirit board thing is that the guy, along with a couple of other people I've talked to, have made suggestions on who 5 and 6 are and, if they right, Cacomallow is real. This is why the wait for 5 or even a January Direct will be agonizing... On that note, Geno wouldn't be 5 or 6 but strongly implies that Geno would honest to god be #77 and the 7th DLC character (if you just count Plant as a bonus).
Oh god, things are getting juicy

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
It seems clear that Plant was meant to be base roster and they had to hold it back a bit to get the game out.

So Geno is #7 then? Was the bad news that we wouldn't like whoever 5 is?

MisterMike

Smash Champion

Same thing I usually do: try out the new character in a battle so as to learn their moveset and shake off some of the rust, go complete their spirit board quickly by going unga-bunga with Ganondorf, followed by getting 9.9 on their Classic Mode route. Then I don't touch the game again until the next spirits come out.

zferolie

Smash Hero

Did you see my other question about your info about 2 promotions? Geno is a shoe in, and i feel shantae is the other, but you seemed to think waluigi may also get upgraded. Have you heard anything about shantae?

Geno i can see being announced mid to late next year depending on how many are show at or before e3

MattX20

Smash Hero
I think we can probably agree that the victory theme from Super Mario RPG would be Geno's victory theme, but would they go with the original or a remix of it?

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
51EEEF59-3A6C-4C8F-AECA-6F10449BEE64.jpeg

It would make so much sense and I want this to be true with every atom of my being

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Basically, the person who reported to Papagenos about the Mii Costumes for Banjo (Rocket Grunt, Goemon) also reported on Mii costumes for Mallow and Smithy down the pipeline, Said person also said Crash was number 5, but no idea if that's happening. Mind you this was before the CacoMallow videos happened.

Anyway, this person also sent him a list of SNK characters. We all assumed those were Mii Costumes to come with Terry, but the selection turned out to be entirely wrong, so we all dismissed this leaker as a one time thing

But the other day clarification came in, the names he leaked wasn't costumes, it was the spirits that Terry came with, and that was right on the money.

So this clarification means the leaker was correct all along, which strengthens his claim of Mallow and Smithy mii costumes
Well, a bit off topic, but I must know, does this all mean Crash is still likely for Smash Bros. Ultimate?

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
See my latest post.
You mean this?

But wouldn’t this contradict V***e AND S**i?

andree123

Smash Ace
So, was it Kos-Mos (Verge and Sabi) and Lloyd (Bandai namco Tales of save icon trademark) all of this time, if this isn't actually your thoughts and it was the new sources instead?

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
So have you heard about the Mii Costume leak that PapaGenos got? That guy sent him a list of SNK characters and there was some miscommunication and everyone thought they were supposed to be costumes, but it was actually a perfect list of Terry’s spirit board. So that lends credibility to the Mii Costume list (which includes Mallow and Smithy costumes)
Gotcha! Thanks dude!

I see. ...well, if the Cacomallow leak is real... what does this mean for Doom Slayer? You have mentioned how Geno has been talked about a bunch, but you've mentioned how Doom Slayer hasn't much. If you're thinking this leak is real based off of these leakers' words, what does the Caco Demon costume mean? Does it mean wynn was right and Nintendo just got a costume from Bethesda but no actual character/Doom Slayer?

If it were real, I think it is obvious what it means for Geno. Whereas Doom Slayer it seems unclear based off of things you've previously said.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It seems clear that Plant was meant to be base roster and they had to hold it back a bit to get the game out.

So Geno is #7 then? Was the bad news that we wouldn't like whoever 5 is?
The rumored 5th character is a touchy subject because, should the rumors be believed, it would be the likely hard deconfirmation of a very popular character. This is why I think the rumored 5th character would probably be the most controversial of all the DLC so far, even with Smash 4 thrown into the mix. Again, hate to pull a Lax Chris, but it's merely rumor a few people I talk to think is credible but could be totally wrong. I'll ask if I can elaborate more or if they want me to just leave it like this.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
The rumored 5th character is a touchy subject because, should the rumors be believed, it would be the likely hard deconfirmation of a very popular character. This is why I think the rumored 5th character would probably be the most controversial of all the DLC so far, even with Smash 4 thrown into the mix. Again, hate to pull a Lax Chris, but it's merely rumor a few people I talk to think is credible but could be totally wrong. I'll ask if I can elaborate more or if they want me to just leave it like this.
1st Party or Third Party?

That is all I will ask about this.

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
As much as I want Geno and I do i mean i really really do. The thought of waiting for #7. IDK i feel he could be #6 not quite certain if Sakurai takes in the # slot for character decisions. Im hoping an announcement for a direct next week.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Thanks for the clarification you could give.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Both a controversial pick and a hard deconfirmation? that's interesting, i think we're getting a less requested character rather than a frontrunner

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Reopening this now.

Going forward, please remember that discussing insider leaks and info is perfectly fine. However, it is not permissible to bring offsite drama here and bash people regardless if they are part of the site or not. It gives us a bad image.

Furthermore, while going off-subject is bound to happen (and it is okay to a point), please try to keep it on the subject of Geno. Telling other users happy birthday or whatever is fine as it fosters a sense of community, but going off on long tangents about KOS-MOS, or whichever character is the flavor of the month, is not.

Please remember that we have a thread in place for subject matter that is completely off-topic.

Have fun, and please remember to be respectful of other users.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Reopening this now.

Going forward, please remember that discussing insider leaks and info is perfectly fine. However, it is not permissible to bring offsite drama here and bash people regardless if they are part of the site or not. It gives us a bad image.

Furthermore, while going off-subject is bound to happen (and it is okay to a point) please try to keep it on the subject of Geno. Telling other users happy birthday or whatever is fine as it fosters a sense of community, but going off on long tangents about KOS-MOS or whichever character is the flavor of the month is not.

Please remember that we have a thread in place for subject matter that is completely off-topic.

Have fun, and please remember to be respectful of other users.
Understood

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Well, at least the thread was closed for doing something right too hard rather than the other way around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom