• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomasagaz14

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, i came from the SC Nightmare thread in Gamefaqs, decided to join for discussion.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, i came from the SC Nightmare thread in Gamefaqs, decided to join for discussion.
I know those 1900 something pages are intimidating, but you really don't have to read all of them to catch up on the Mallowdemon leak's status. I'm not even arguing for it to be real, but it hasn't been cleanly recreated unless you've got some breaking news for us, which I'd love to see.

*snaps finger* beat me to it lol. And correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t know if we’ve even seen a full recreation of the Cacodemon hat in motion. Like people made similar models but never showed them in gameplay.
I remember like two recreations of the Cacodemon hat, one of them in Fortnite, I think? The other in Smash, but both still images. Jiggling Mallow was in a video, though, but still not a perfect recreation.

It's just sitting in this obnoxious limbo of "maybe sort of doable". As much as I had heard about enough of it being "Grinch 2.0" it kind of has turned into that.

Last edited by a moderator:

NoBS

Smash Apprentice
Those hats were literally remade almost perfectly by the mod community one day after being shown.
No they weren’t, all the others were lacking all
The indicators that modders lended to to the possible credibility of the leak.

Modders did what we knew was possible.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Good morning ya

My stand point might be the following for FP5 since the following is still alive

Konami rep

Master chief (I guaranteed you Sakurai will end the rule of only one new rep per company someday)

1st party

Sabi or verge lying about one of the deconfirmed characters not being fp5 (the theory here is they want us to be hype about who it is and not exspect it)

And unless Sudo lied on not happening Travis touchdown

I cant really think of anything else please let me know
This is pretty much where I’m at. If there’s anyone in the industry who could make a big scene of requesting their character in Smash only to have been lying the whole time because they’re in, it’s Suda. Not that he’s untrustworthy, he’s just a madman.

The only thing with a Konami rep is that I don’t know who they’d pick. Do they have any big franchises left besides Silent Hill?

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
@JDCabrera Alright, it's time for yet another story time. This time about the starling. Much like me being kicked out of the group, this was something else that was supposed to just pass over without drama and the irony of this might as well be shrapnel at this point.

The truth about the starling is that we don't know what the starling means, if anything. As you all know, the NoA source has teased announcements in the past via picture hints such as the infamous Puzzle Witch for Banjo and Kazooie. So, the first round of drama went down. I let my emotions get the best of me and I shared the picture without asking and that whole saga can be in the preceding pages here:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1065#post-23446153

After I shared the picture, I would find out that it actually didn't come from the NoA source but from one of their sources. Well... ****... This caused some group infighting for awhile when this was revealed. The NoA source didn't (and still doesn't) know what it was supposed to mean. They never got clarification and neither did we. This had become par the course in the group because we've probably received half a dozen picture hints since the starling and have been able to figure out literally one because they're so vague and cryptic. This caused more fighting in the group because some of us felt jerked around because we didn't know the NoA source didn't know what it meant for over a month but we got our anger out.

"Okay, what do we tell people about the starling?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing?"

"Nothing."

It was decided to just drop it and move on. I didn't agree with this and wanted to tell this group what it meant (possibly nothing). More fighting ensued. I gave up because the arguments were getting too heated and everyone was just burned out on the whole damn thing so I just went ahead and made this statement:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1347#post-23519539

Like I said, the irony is palpable and exactly what I argued in the group came true "this is the internet, nobody forgives or forgets anything" so letting sleeping birds lie honestly just made people trust me less and grow into bitter resentment. Funny how that works. Finally, it was always speculation and I noted that here:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1231#post-23483112

Here:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1299#post-23504392

Here:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1232#post-23483149

Here:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1145#post-23469549

Here:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1085#post-23450278

Here:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1088#post-23451001

Get the picture? There's plenty more examples where I say it's a probably a hint based on past patterns but we didn't know what it was yet. So, all in all, not super fun to dig this all back up on my birthday but I personally feel that this could have all been avoided if I had just flat out told you all the truth straightforward instead of trying to bury it per my given instructions.
I'm really glad we were finally able to have this conversation because it feels like the beginning of where public relations began to strain. Personally I don't think getting left on the dark on the starling was anywhere as big a deal as the conflicting stories that came out about it early September. It was the first time it was blatantly obvious somthing fishy was going on beheind the scenes and made it appear far worse than it seems it was. I believed that either you were telling the truth and unknowingly broke your gag order causing the other members to throw you under the bus or it was just some pr bull to cover for the source, especially since a star hint ended up fitting the next dlc reveal so well. Good to know it was a mixture of everything and your agenda though however well intentioned it may have been you really shouldn't have claimed you all knew when you knew quite well that no one did. Nothing sounds worse then the insiders having conflicting stories so if you all really knew nothing and didn't look like you would any time soon you should have just joined them and said so and let us all move on because perceived insider drama just made it look like there was absolutely definently something going on with it. But like I said it's good that you finally came out about it. Now hopefully we can move on to better things.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
God, have I turned into Verge? He implied Square would be first this time last year, I implied Namco would be last this year, both situations may ultimately have been characters being pushed back but we have no real way to prove it aside from conjecture. ... ****... What if I was Vergeben all along and this is some Fight Club first class ****ery? I don't remember what happened after I went to sleep last night... Oh God... Oh ****... Oh geeze... Oh man... I'M FREAKING OUT GUYS!

D

Deleted member

New Laxchris video in collaboration with Blocked Content: Fatmanonice ADMITS to being Vergeben

OffBi

Smash Ace
God, have I turned into Verge? He implied Square would be first this time last year, I implied Namco would be last this year, both situations may ultimately have been characters being pushed back but we have no real way to prove it aside from conjecture. ... ****... What if I was Vergeben all along and this is some Fight Club first class ****ery? I don't remember what happened after I went to sleep last night... Oh God... Oh ****... Oh geeze... Oh man... I'M FREAKING OUT GUYS!
Just don't blow up buildings at the end, Fatman

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I've seen a lot of people speculate that Sora is going to be FP5 elsewhere. That both doesn't seem very likely and is something I hope isn't true at this point. If he's FP5 that's where the Geno and Chocobo mii stuff is going to go. I know people have argued that he has no affect on Geno but I think that's overly wishful thinking. If Geno gets in first and Sora after it'd be a different story, but if Sora got in first that'd be bad news for our puppet point blank.

Tomasagaz14

Banned via Warnings
I've seen a lot of people speculate that Sora is going to be FP5 elsewhere. That both doesn't seem very likely and is something I hope isn't true at this point. If he's FP5 that's where the Geno and Chocobo mii stuff is going to go. I know people have argued that he has no affect on Geno but I think that's overly wishful thinking. If Geno gets in first and Sora after it'd be a different story, but if Sora got in first that'd be bad news for our puppet point blank.
He is actually pretty likely, he has been highly requested, ReMind will get a trailer at TGA, Nomura stated that he got a mysterious request related to KH, etc.

D

Deleted member

I am personally fine with not knowing who Fighter 5 is as of now, since it really brings a lot more of the surprise element into my reactions when they are finally shown.

I could still see Nintendo messing up and leaking them anyway as it happened with Castlevania and SNK doh.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
This is pretty much where I’m at. If there’s anyone in the industry who could make a big scene of requesting their character in Smash only to have been lying the whole time because they’re in, it’s Suda. Not that he’s untrustworthy, he’s just a madman.

The only thing with a Konami rep is that I don’t know who they’d pick. Do they have any big franchises left besides Silent Hill?
Frogger perhaps? but that’s a stretch easily

And yea silent hill is the best I can think of

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm really glad we were finally able to have this conversation because it feels like the beginning of where public relations began to strain. Personally I don't think getting left on the dark on the starling was anywhere as big a deal as the conflicting stories that came out about it early September. It was the first time it was blatantly obvious somthing fishy was going on beheind the scenes and made it appear far worse than it seems it was. I believed that either you were telling the truth and unknowingly broke your gag order causing the other members to throw you under the bus or it was just some pr bull to cover for the source, especially since a star hint ended up fitting the next dlc reveal so well. Good to know it was a mixture of everything and your agenda though however well intentioned it may have been you really shouldn't have claimed you all knew when you knew quite well that no one did. Nothing sounds worse then the insiders having conflicting stories so if you all really knew nothing and didn't look like you would any time soon you should have just joined them and said so and let us all move on because perceived insider drama just made it look like there was absolutely definently something going on with it. But like I said it's good that you finally came out about it. Now hopefully we can move on to better things.
The ****ty thing about this is that I wanted to say "we don't know what it means" and everyone was like "no, that'll just make everyone look bad." Again, take one for the team. Wheeeeeee! This is yet another thing I can't stand about insider/leaker culture is that people are deathly afraid of being wrong or having to apologise. My bachelor's was in Zoology, a hard science, and being wrong is just a fact of life and nothing wrong with it as long as you 1. admit to it and 2. adjust your stances according to new info. It's literally the scientific method.

For example, JudgeHeihachi JudgeHeihachi said I flip flopped on my stances over the course of a month. Uh, yeah, my guy... That's what you're supposed to do when you find new evidence that conflicts the old. Started with three, evidence seemed to pile up particularly for Lloyd. 'ope, Dante's out. Probably Lloyd or a rando? What's this? The NoA says we forgot that he mentioned Nightmare back in September? Golly! Something new to consider. 'ope, Lloyd's out? Let's adjust our theories and actually come to discover that Nightmare fits the Fighter's Pass a lot better than Lloyd. Wilikers! 'ope, Namco's totally out? Well, ****... Back to the drawing board. That's just how it goes with speculation and it's weird that people take such a DEEP offense to this.

"You changed your mind, YOU HACK!"

"Uh... Don't you or...?"

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Yeah capcom was the double last straw I no longer expect anything except the general audience and possibly us being surprised by it. I guess if I was forced to back something it would be a slot shifted waluigi as a pure chaos pick but really nothing at all feels likely rn.

Murder Space Dragon

Smash Cadet
Contra, obviously! Making a move set for Bill R. might be a bit tricky, but if there's a Konami franchise that's gonna be represented in Smash that isn't already Contra is it. Kinda sad to see it's been largely forgotten.

D

Deleted member

Contra, obviously! Making a move set for Bill R. might be a bit tricky, but if there's a Konami franchise that's gonna be represented in Smash that isn't already Contra is it. Kinda sad to see it's been largely forgotten.
Sucks to see what happened with Contra: Hard Corps...

But yeah, I for one would love to see Contra in Smash.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I don't believe what Verge said regarding Level 5 to be honest. Only Capcom and Bandai Namco's deconfirmations I believe so far regarding the recent ones. I still think Layton has a shot at being #5

D

Deleted member

Can't really blame people when it's only gotten ports and remakes until this most recent underwhelming digital only release.

Looking at the lineup of games added to NES/SNES online, I noticed a name that a lot of people have been sleeping on - Sunsoft. Probably not very likely, but they were a big player in the NES and SNES days.

D

Deleted member

As much as I like Bomberman, he's already an assist trophy and even if he weren't move set potential is extremely limited. All he really has is placing/throwing bombs and kicking them.
Your pfp just made me remember I have this on my iPad’s gallery:

E98BAAF0-BFA5-4B6F-A21D-381423B11EE0.jpeg

Feel free to use it as a new one if you want.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Bomberman is the only sensible Konami rep.
The only way I can see Bomberman being 5 is if he was chosen to be upgraded due to the fact that the original designer for Bomberman died the day before Ultimate was announced. Like, if that happened and Sakurai was like “well we need to upgrade him now.” But I don’t see that as a likely scenario.

As much as I like Bomberman, he's already an assist trophy and even if he weren't move set potential is extremely limited. All he really has is placing/throwing bombs and kicking them.
HEATHEN /s

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
The ****ty thing about this is that I wanted to say "we don't know what it means" and everyone was like "no, that'll just make everyone look bad." Again, take one for the team. Wheeeeeee! This is yet another thing I can't stand about insider/leaker culture is that people are deathly afraid of being wrong or having to apologise. My bachelor's was in Zoology, a hard science, and being wrong is just a fact of life and nothing wrong with it as long as you 1. admit to it and 2. adjust your stances according to new info. It's literally the scientific method.

For example, JudgeHeihachi JudgeHeihachi said I flip flopped on my stances over the course of a month. Uh, yeah, my guy... That's what you're supposed to do when you find new evidence that conflicts the old. Started with three, evidence seemed to pile up particularly for Lloyd. 'ope, Dante's out. Probably Lloyd or a rando? What's this? The NoA says we forgot that he mentioned Nightmare back in September? Golly! Something new to consider. 'ope, Lloyd's out? Let's adjust our theories and actually come to discover that Nightmare fits the Fighter's Pass a lot better than Lloyd. Wilikers! 'ope, Namco's totally out? Well, ****... Back to the drawing board. That's just how it goes with speculation and it's weird that people take such a DEEP offense to this.

"You changed your mind, YOU HACK!"

"Uh... Don't you or...?"
Wow that's incredibly ****ty if that's true they forced you Into that because like I said they had no problem saying it themselves unsolicited not long after you did. I want to hear their side of that because that just sounds unusually spiteful especially for psycho who was the one who ended it.

The rest just seems like standard fare for what goes on outside of here. For some reason everyone thinks your ideas are leaks and while they might be based on something they clearly aren't. Seems like there's a pretty massive telephone line going on because some of the stuff I read from even just in other boards or even ex regulars just doesn't make sense. Though I imagine having a few people I won't name go out and treat it like it is and exhibit embarrassing behavior is how we got that reputation in all likelihood.

Happy birthday by the way.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
"What's up YouTube, it's me! FATMAN the Freakishly Tall Tall Telling Fraud coming at you fast and hard with unmistakable lies, hot, fresh, and just for you straight from the strangely cavernous corridors of my ass! Stay tuned as I deliberately lie to the masses and decapitate a baby rabbit with my teeth because I'm ****in' evil!" How do you guys like my new YouTube intro? Too much? Not enough? Be honest (I sure won't!).

Last edited:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
PicsArt_12-05-12.12.55.jpg

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Can't really blame people when it's only gotten ports and remakes until this most recent underwhelming digital only release.

Looking at the lineup of games added to NES/SNES online, I noticed a name that a lot of people have been sleeping on - Sunsoft. Probably not very likely, but they were a big player in the NES and SNES days.
If we get Jason in/and Sophia the 3rd in smash I'm going to have a stroke don't tease me like this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"What's up YouTube, it's me! FATMAN the Freakishly Tall Tall Telling Fraud coming at you fast and hard with unmistakable lies, hot, fresh, and just for you straight from the strangely cavernous corridors of my ass! Stay tuned as I deliberately lie to the masses and decapitate a baby rabbit with my teeth because I'm ****in' evil!" How do you guys like my new YouTube intro? Too much? Not enough? Be honest (I sure won't!).
Don’t start on Youtube, go to Newgrounds instead.

COPPA will hit us all.

D

Deleted member

Normally, I say something like this but for whatever reason, reading this made me think about the possibility of Bomberman being treated like Ness and getting moves from wherever they can find them, and I imagined him having that badass flurry of punches that Regulus would whip out on you if he caught you in Bomberman 64.

Regulus was a cool dude.

Crankshadow

Smash Cadet
Well if we are getting a TGA reveal I do think that is would be prime real estate for a western character. I also see 3 maybe 4 possibilities for "an envelope." one for each category Smash in nominated for and maybe 4 is Sakurai gets the lifetime achievement award or something. If its the last Geoff and Nintendo could plant where it is in the show nicely. ( Maybe even a "thank you" to the fans geno tease)

As far as characters I think Doomslayer, Sora, Tracer, Master Chief, or Crash would be great western reps. Also maybe waluigi....enven tie it in to the cheater supreme had his original invite stolen last year by joker. Maybe smash direct anouncement for late Dec/early jan.

In regards to the flipping characters, I think that it is entirely possible. Sakurai has said that characters take ~8 months from concept to completion so multiple are going at any given time. If they do it "joker style" they don't actually even need gameplay. They could even do a silhouette thing for season two, as sakurai has previously went on record he hates hiding things behind a pass. If not silhouettes, maybe franchise emblems with new series blurred our/???.

While I'm getting skeptical that all these de-confirms are legit, i find the mii costume stuff more compelling, and wonder if anyone has hardcore datamined the mii costume files. It is also interesting that CacoMallow still has no one owning up after it fell out of the limelight.

Regardless the next week should be interesting, Buckle up genobois.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
If we get Jason in/and Sophia the 3rd in smash I'm going to have a stroke don't tease me like this.
Duuude make it the Blaster Master Zero 2 version with the crazy cape projectile counter, I don’t know how they’d actually incorporate Sophia the 3rd (maybe like duck hunt and have him call in attacks from it?).

D

Deleted member

Inti Creates is who made the most recent Blaster Masters, so I actually don't even know if Sunsoft owns Blaster Master anymore, but that's definitely the game I was referring to.

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
"... and decapitate a baby rabbit with my teeth because I'm ****in' evil!"
DOOMed! DOOMed I say! :mad088:

Happy birthday by the way, you deserve a star filled one after the wild ride yesterday

On the topic at hand, honestly I'm just riding it out and admittedly I've done so since Sm4sh DLC. Happy to expect the unexpected as equally as front runners who've probably already been disconfirmed on the telephone line of Guess Who It Isn't (TM)

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Inti Creates is who made the most recent Blaster Masters, so I actually don't even know if Sunsoft owns Blaster Master anymore, but that's definitely the game I was referring to.
Yeah didn't they go bankrupt back in the 90's? Yeah BM is the only thing they're really known for besides Batman so it would be a shoe in. But if we get someone like aero instead I'm going to have a stroke for an entirely different reason.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
This is also why I have no intention of going back to insider stuff because, when you're the low guy on the totem pole, you're told to take one for the team... A lot. Yesterday was another prime example. Things that blew up because of insistence of secrecy, even in the face of defending people. This is the dark reality of why people like Paragon and Krono had very few public defenders and I honestly hate that. I hate that I can't publicly defend these guys because of the fear that if certain people get called out for bull**** that they'll go nuclear and literally endanger their entire network because you literally run into people like that in insider circles, where everyone's a tool or a stepping stone and they are ready at a moment's notice to cover their ass, no matter the cost.

Like I said the other day, it's incredibly exhausting. I used to work at a police station and dealt with the same thing: cool bros and like 2 people with a ton of power that were pure sociopaths. The sociopaths always won. Always. Publicly outting them meant endangering the whole department because you knew they wouldn't go quietly and would try to take down as many people with them. Granted, almost every work place and organization works like this but having it bleed into something that was supposed to be fun is just... Ugh. When did video games get so damn serious?
Honestly, I blame discord. Whoever decided that making a semi-private forum was a good idea deserves to be shot with a hollow point bullet in Minecraft.
Great intro, dude. All that's missing is the clarification that everything you're talking about is merely your opinion, so people can't criticize you when you get **** wrong. Other than that, it's perfect!

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Duuude make it the Blaster Master Zero 2 version with the crazy cape projectile counter, I don’t know how they’d actually incorporate Sophia the 3rd (maybe like duck hunt and have him call in attacks from it?).
All I know is I want to play as turret mounted atv that can fly like rob. After getting my hopes up for a metal slug rep back when the snk logo dropped that would be an amazing comeback.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah didn't they go bankrupt back in the 90's? Yeah BM is the only thing they're really known for besides Batman so it would be a shoe in. But if we get someone like aero instead I'm going to have a stroke for an entirely different reason.
Journey to Silius is another of their niche titles, and the game that got my gears turning on them. Sunsoft didn't go bankrupt as far as I can tell and are still in operation, just it seems like Inti purchased the rights to Blaster Master.

If Inti Creates gets anyone in Smash I'm honestly rooting for Gunvolt. I didn't have high hopes for the game when it came out, but I really enjoyed it when the Striker Pack came out for the 3DS.

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
Same here!
Definitely considered them a pipe-dream character though. But then again, Blaster Master is always one of the first games when they decide to release virtual console or NES games on a new platform. If we get a new classic rep, let it be him... please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom