• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Anything new about our puppet boi?
Nothing new, at least not that I have read. NoA hasn't heard anything new about it. I have a TERRIBLE memory so If I get wrong who deconfirmed what, let me know guys… but the current deconfirm list for FIGHTER PACK 5 looks like this now iirc :

-Crash Bandicoot. ( NoA and sabi's other source)
-Doom Slayer from Doom (vergeben)
-Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden (All of the sources I think)
-Tracer from Overwatch (everyone, duh lol)
-Scorpion from Mortal Kombat (Verge)
-Dante from Devil May Cry (Sabi's other source)
-Geno from Super Mario RPG (verge, and sabi I think? definitely verge for sure anyway)
-Not Gordon Freeman (verge I think?)
-Any Resident Evil character (Nintendo with the spirits)
-Any character from Ubisoft (Verge)
-Any character from Falcom (Verge)
-Any character from Nippon Ichi Software (Verge)
-Any Bandai Namco Character (Verge and NoA guy)
- Any Level-5 Character (Verge)
- Any Capcom characters (NoA guy)

No idea on the scenario for next DLCs after pass 1, we are all clueless about that of course, but personally I feel a lot (or some, rather) of these could have a chance for next DLCs if sakurai meant what he said by next DLC being "opportunities to please fans" or however he said it.

Also I feel like if for some reason any of these happened to become FP5, then every single source would be BTFO, lol, since most agree with each other with many of these deconfirmations. In my opinion anyway.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Nothing new, at least not that I have read. NoA hasn't heard anything new about it. I have a TERRIBLE memory so If I get wrong who deconfirmed what, let me know guys… but the current deconfirm list for FIGHTER PACK 5 looks like this now iirc :

-Crash Bandicoot. ( NoA and sabi's other source)
-Doom Slayer from Doom (vergeben)
-Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden (All of the sources I think)
-Tracer from Overwatch (everyone, duh lol)
-Scorpion from Mortal Kombat (Verge)
-Dante from Devil May Cry (Sabi's other source)
-Geno from Super Mario RPG (verge, and sabi I think? definitely verge for sure anyway)
-Not Gordon Freeman (verge I think?)
-Any Resident Evil character (Nintendo with the spirits)
-Any character from Ubisoft (Verge)
-Any character from Falcom (Verge)
-Any character from Nippon Ichi Software (Verge)
-Any Bandai Namco Character (Verge and NoA guy)
- Any Level-5 Character (Verge)
- Any Capcom characters (NoA guy)

No idea on the scenario for next DLCs after pass 1, we are all clueless about that of course, but personally I feel a lot (or some, rather) of these could have a chance for next DLCs if sakurai meant what he said by next DLC being "opportunities to please fans" or however he said it.

Also I feel like if for some reason any of these happened to become FP5, then every single source would be BTFO, lol, since most agree with each other with many of these deconfirmations. In my opinion anyway.
Thats....a lot of interesting characters that are just
aa6.png

castinets98

Smash Cadet
it feels like it's time to go all in on master chief collection switch and chief for FP5 at TGA

RingJ5

Smash Ace
I know people are saying phoenix. And I know I sound like a broken record BUT.....

Monokuma though?
The Capcom stuff was just clarified a few posts ago in this thread, it’s most likely a full deconfirm, just from an auxiliary source.

Right now, Monokuma’s absolutely my current pick as well... if certain creator deconfirms have been legitimate.

Basically, there are six characters that I’ve been seriously considering as possible right now(seven if you count Sol, but after the other deconfirms from that same list he doesn’t exactly seem plausible), but three of them have been apparently deconfirmed... not by leakers, but by interviews with their creators/developers: Master Chief, Travis, and Sora.

However, since as seen with Banjo people involved don’t exactly have to keep truthful with this kind of thing, I still see them as possible, especially for the VGAs.

In the very possible case that said creators were all being truthful, though, my top three shift to Monokuma, a shock Sony rep, or Waluigi.

It’s incredibly weird to even entertain the thought of characters like these after months of speculation focusing on “Lloyd, RE, Doomguy, Dante”. The deconfirms have absolutely been pretty shocking.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
it feels like it's time to go all in on master chief collection switch and chief for FP5 at TGA
Has anyone actually mentioned MCC Collection for Switch in the last couple months? I haven't heard anything relating to it since around May-ish. I know Sabi seemed to back it happenning but nothing has come yet.

Plank08

Smash Lord
At this point I’ll just default to #5 being Doomsayer because I don’t want to get my hopes up for it, all of my most wanted are deconfirmed, and the rest can be anyone at this point I don’t care I’m just waiting for post pass

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
Can you just deconfirm Sora already please? Kill any hope that character has of getting in.
Or how about you just stop attacking a character that other people could want? Seems like I see that constantly from you. While I might personally not want characters like Master Chief or Minecraft Steve, you don't see me (or most people here) going around and insulting those characters.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Can you just deconfirm Sora already please? Kill any hope that character has of getting in.
I do have a reason myself to want Sora be deconfirmed (probably not the same reason you have, lol), and it's simply because if it's not Sora, I rather know NOW and move on from it, rather than get disappointed during TGA event… specially after all this teasing I've been going through lately personally with: NO ONE deconfirming him yet, and KH having a most likely big pressence at TGA instead of jump festa (by this i mean KH hasn't been confirmed for jump festa's schedule that Gematsu just put out recently, but FF7R new trailer was confirmed in that schedule instead, so that most likely means KH3 DLC trailer that was promised for december MIGHT be at TGA instead then, just an assumption of course, based on this info we know so far).
I really wish i could say "no sora" already and be at peace myself, if someone would just deconfirm him already, but so far, no one has :mybodyisreggie: (he could be deconfirmed any day now, we still got days to go, lol).

Edit: Typo "no" to "not" in the parentheses near the start.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I do have a reason myself to want Sora be deconfirmed (probably no the same reason you have, lol), and it's simply because if it's not Sora, I rather know NOW and move on from it, rather than get disappointed during TGA event… specially after all this teasing I've been going through lately personally with: NO ONE deconfirming him yet, and KH having a most likely big pressence at TGA instead of jump festa (by this i mean KH hasn't been confirmed for jump festa's schedule that Gematsu just put out recently, but FF7R new trailer was confirmed in that schedule instead, so that most likely means KH3 DLC trailer that was promised for december MIGHT be at TGA instead then, just an assumption of course, based on this info we know so far).
I really wish i could say "no sora" already and be at peace myself, if someone would just deconfirm him already, but so far, no one has :mybodyisreggie: (he could be deconfirmed any day now, we still got days to go, lol).
So you're saying there's a chance?

861C.gif

MisterMike

Smash Champion
At this point I’ll just default to #5 being Doomsayer because I don’t want to get my hopes up for it, all of my most wanted are deconfirmed, and the rest can be anyone at this point I don’t care I’m just waiting for post pass
Same here, at least with regards to defaulting to Doomguy. The fact that we still have pretty much no potential names that haven't been disconfirmed yet, I'm starting to think that FP5 might be someone that's already been dismissed. Not saying that Sabi, PapaGenos or even Vergeben are lying, of course. I just feel that it's possible at this point that we've missed something.

link2702

Smash Champion
i know this is silly but...with it being close to the holidays(despite me hating the holidays....) i just thought of another possible trailer for geno if he was to actually get announced this month.

all the young/kid characters in smash are around opening presents at a party, each with their names on it. Bowser Jr finds one without anyone's name. despite already opening his, in typical Jr. greedy fashion, he sneaks away with it to open it. Soon as he pulls the ribbon off, a burst of light blasts out of the box and Geno bursts on screen "GENO CRASHES THE PARTY!" is his splashscreen. He proceeds to fight all the characters as they all try to gang up on him, the screen zooms out while you hear all the fighting and characters just bursting out of a building in cartoon/comical fasahion, through the windows or roof, while the words "Happy Holiday's" Flashes beneath it, with the final character being bowser jr smashing into the screen exactly how he does with a screen KO in ultimate.

annnnd clearly i need some sleep.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I do have a reason myself to want Sora be deconfirmed (probably no the same reason you have, lol), and it's simply because if it's not Sora, I rather know NOW and move on from it, rather than get disappointed during TGA event… specially after all this teasing I've been going through lately personally with: NO ONE deconfirming him yet, and KH having a most likely big pressence at TGA instead of jump festa (by this i mean KH hasn't been confirmed for jump festa's schedule that Gematsu just put out recently, but FF7R new trailer was confirmed in that schedule instead, so that most likely means KH3 DLC trailer that was promised for december MIGHT be at TGA instead then, just an assumption of course, based on this info we know so far).
But I thought Sora Ltd were working on the game...
I'm the opening act
I'm the closing act
You're going to leave both times

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I think i'm gonna take a small break from here till TGAs. Finals are coming up and instead of studying for them I have eggs I need to breed.

I can only take so much excitement and so much deconfirmations in one day.

Last edited:

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Meming is the final stage of speculation. After which, this thread will collapse in on itself and proceed to explode, taking SmashBoards with it. Speculation threads were never meant to survive this long.

Only Sakurai can save us now.
...You know, I didn't really expect my dumb little joke post to be the calm before the storm. I sure as heck was right about the exploding part. Am I somehow psychic? Probably.

Also Elma is inevitable now but y'all really don't want to have that conversation, do you?

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I’m going to be blunt. You are the annoying Sora hater that you accuse Sora fans of being for Geno. When I see you post things like this, I get sad knowing that you are one of the heads of Operation Starfall because I fear the day that Sora gets confirmed before Geno and you tweet something out on the Starfall account that people use to invalidate our movement. As a Geno fan who has friends who are exclusively Sora fans that also support my wishes for Geno, I know for a fact that there are plenty of nice, pleasant fans who want that character. I really hope that you will one day re-evaluate all of your posts and realize that if you swapped out “Sora” for “Geno” in most of them and put them in the mouth of somebody else, you would be extremely angry at what that person had to say. I like a lot of what you say and do, but in this particular regard, I’m somewhat ashamed to be associated with you due to your behavior.

OffBi

Smash Ace
So when I saw all these pages, I expected a leak, not whatever the **** that was.
Good thing that we moved on and that we know that capcom is ****ing dead.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I will probably quit
I’m going to be blunt. You are the annoying Sora hater that you accuse Sora fans of being for Geno. When I see you post things like this, I get sad knowing that you are one of the heads of Operation Starfall because I fear the day that Sora gets confirmed before Geno and you tweet something out on the Starfall account that people use to invalidate our movement. As a Geno fan who has friends who are exclusively Sora fans that also support my wishes for Geno, I know for a fact that there are plenty of nice, pleasant fans who want that character. I really hope that you will one day re-evaluate all of your posts and realize that if you swapped out “Sora” for “Geno” in most of them and put them in the mouth of somebody else, you would be extremely angry at what that person had to say. I like a lot of what you say and do, but in this particular regard, I’m somewhat ashamed to be associated with you due to your behavior.
I can assure you that my emotions are never present with anything I do for Operation StarFall. I don't post about other characters. Just about Geno or anything relating to Geno. In the event Sora is revealed, we probably will not be making a post. It wouldn't make sense since it wouldn't be related.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I can assure you that my emotions are never present with anything I do for Operation StarFall. I don't post about other characters. Just about Geno or anything relating to Geno. In the event Sora is revealed, we probably will not be making a post. It wouldn't make sense since it wouldn't be related.
I’m glad that you intend to keep your emotions away from Starfall in terms of posting, and this reassures me a good deal. Still, as someone who has a lot of respect for you and everyone involved in the project, it really does sadden me to see you be so aggressive towards the fans of another character by stereotyping them all into one big group. As Geno fans, we both know what that’s like, and it sucks. I don’t like to see that kind of hate turned outwards.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I’m glad that you intend to keep your emotions away from Starfall in terms of posting, and this reassures me a good deal. Still, as someone who has a lot of respect for you and everyone involved in the project, it really does sadden me to see you be so aggressive towards the fans of another character by stereotyping them all into one big group. As Geno fans, we both know what that’s like, and it sucks. I don’t like to see that kind of hate turned outwards.
If you are open to DMs, I am open to expressing myself further. Hopefully it could provide some context.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Guys, damn.

Chill, too many pages to go through. I saw that there was drama and stuff but I decided to skip that.

Keep in mind that the VGA are close so at least place your mind in that and nothing else in regards of leaks instead of truth and fake and leaks and stuff.

:bowser:.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Current personal thoughts/theories:
  • Fighter Pass 5 is a first-party character, maybe Waluigi, maybe not. This is why every single third party company has been shot down and we don’t have any clue who it is; we’ve been looking in the wrong place. Any third-party names floating around are probably either post-pass or leakbait for post-pass.
  • Of the post-pass content, the absent Mii costumes are indicative of a Square Enix character, Bandai Namco character, and Capcom character. They never were indicative of anything having to do with FP5, and I personally think that any theories trying to connect them to it were always major reaches.
  • Vergeben is still reliable enough when it comes to Smash, even if you should take what he says with a grain of salt. He hasn’t gotten a lot right lately, but that’s because he hasn’t talked much on Smash lately at all. He hasn’t been actively wrong for a while. What he has been wrong about is mostly falling for leakbait, and leakbait is usually fake names, not the absence of real ones.
  • My personal guesses for the SE, BN, and CP post-pass characters are Geno, Lloyd, and Amaterasu. Geno and Lloyd have been talked to death in this thread, but Amaterasu being my personal pick for Capcom may take a bit of explanation.
    • Back in mid October, Ikumi Nakamura and Hideki Kamiya announced on Twitter that a new Okami game was happening, which means they had to have been approached by Capcom to make it since they own the rights to the franchise. Neither Nakamura nor Kamiya work at Capcom anymore, and it has been 13 years since Okami released, and 9 years since Okamiden. Why would Capcom breach the company divide now? Well, we’ve heard that fighter pass 2 was decided upon around E3, and the announcement of it happened on September 4th, which means the rights were probably secured by this time. A month later, Nakamura and Kamina make that informal Twitter announcement with no official statement from Capcom, meaning they had likely been extremely recently approached to make the project. If Capcom had been approached by Nintendo for Amaterasu in Smash, then it makes sense that they might try to revive the brand as soon as possible so they could get a game out within a couple of years of Amaterasu’s sudden mainstream re-exposure while Okami is still relatively fresh in the minds of a new audience. These were my thoughts BEFORE we heard news of Dante being leakbait for something and the Resident Evil Spirits showing up which meant Nintendo had to have gone back to Capcom at some point to license them, and with the Mii costume theory...
  • Fatmanonice Fatmanonice did nothing wrong.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Current personal thoughts/theories:
  • Fighter Pass 5 is a first-party character, maybe Waluigi, maybe not. This is why every single third party company has been shot down and we don’t have any clue who it is; we’ve been looking in the wrong place. Any third-party names floating around are probably either post-pass or leakbait for post-pass.
I disagree there, especially Waluigi. The Game Awards is too big a stage and too big of an event to end on Waluigi or a first party character. I know Smash has a history of ending on sour and 'weak' notes, but all of those have been on their own terms in their own events, this is the game awards, this is basically E3's pre-game

After Nintendo blew the ceiling off with Joker last year you can be sure they'll bring their A-game to close out the pass at the GA's. Someone like Kratos or Sora or Master Chief would totally match what they got last year

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I disagree there, especially Waluigi. The Game Awards is too big a stage and too big of an event to end on Waluigi or a first party character. I know Smash has a history of ending on sour and 'weak' notes, but all of those have been on their own terms in their own events, this is the game awards, this is basically E3's pre-game

After Nintendo blew the ceiling off with Joker last year you can be sure they'll bring their A-game to close out the pass at the GA's. Someone like Kratos or Sora or Master Chief would totally match what they got last year
I wouldn’t say “blew the ceiling off” for Joker. It was surprising, sure(and after Snake and Cloud I’m actually surprised I was as surprised as I was), but Waluigi would get a HUGE reaction as well. People REALLY underestimate the casual appeal of Waluigi way too much.

Edit: All-in-all any character shown at TGA will be huge. Just specifically speaking because it’s TGA and it will be in front of a huge audience and will garner a huge reaction and press attention regardless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom