• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
Can someone recap for me which characters/companies have been disconfirmed for Fighter #5 and by whom?

Edit: PapaGenos just posted a new video titled "DECOMFIRM!" so maybe I'll get my answer there. I'd still appreciate it if someone could still make a post here about who has been disconfirmed.

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
I can't believe i'm about to say this but Waluigi does actually sound really possible right now. Either that or someone else "De-confirmed"

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
What you all fail to see is that fp5 is actually gonna be viewtiful Joe

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
*walks in to see a quelled battlefield* ...THE **** HAPPENED!?! I won't bring up anything since it seems to have been calmed down.

Anyhow...I truly do not care who fighter 5 is anymore. With all the "Its not this company...but it might be now?" Give us Post Pass DLC.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
*walks in to see a quelled battlefield* ...THE **** HAPPENED!?! I won't bring up anything since it seems to have been calmed down.

Anyhow...I truly do not care who fighter 5 is anymore. With all the "Its not this company...but it might be now?" Give us Post Pass DLC.
It's funny but all these deconfirmations made me lose some interest in fighter 5

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Okay, Sabi's now doing the same thing he used to do to me. After today's episode, I'm getting close to losing my cool... Nazyrus Nazyrus do not let yourself get thrown under the bus.
image0.png

Not quite, he just didn't check the freaking chat group when our NoA buddy said "no capcom". I don't know what the hell is Sabi's problem, like jesus at least check the chat before jumping to conclusions like that, lol. I don't know what's Sabi's problem lately, oh well.
Also i think I should note that NoA guy is JUST AS RELIABLE as sabi's other source that isn't from Nintendo (the one that deconfirmed ryu and crash initially). I think it's kind of a penis move to undervalue NoA buddy like that after all the things he has given to Sabi through a year now >_> oh well. I don't care about drama not i want to start one, I just want to clarify things here, as USUAL.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
View attachment 250071
Not quite, he just didn't check the freaking chat group when our NoA buddy said "no capcom". I don't know what the hell is Sabi's problem, like jesus at least check the chat before jumping to conclusions like that, lol. I don't know what's Sabi's problem lately, oh well.
Also i think I should note that NoA guys is JUST AS RELIABLE as sabi's other source that isn't from Nintendo (the one that deconfirmed ryu and crash initially). I think it's kind of a penis move to undervalue NoA buddy like that after all the things he has given to Sabi through a year now >_> oh well. I don't care about drama not i want to start one, I just want to clarify things here, as USUAL.
Naz, check my last post

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
View attachment 250071
Also i think I should note that NoA guy is JUST AS RELIABLE as sabi's other source that isn't from Nintendo (the one that deconfirmed ryu and crash initially). I think it's kind of a penis move to undervalue NoA buddy like that after all the things he has given to Sabi through a year now >_> oh well. I don't care about drama not i want to start one, I just want to clarify things here, as USUAL.
THANK YOU! Damn... The NoA source has been amazing and has yet to get anything wrong when they've full committed to it. It's only been a week but I miss you guys. I don't miss this **** but the conversations were fun 95% of the time.

Plank08

Smash Lord
So I was perusing KnowYourMeme just now and I found this little image that you guys might get a kick out of: This one guy decided to take a look back at old forum posts during the Brawl days in an attempt to piece together what the fanbase was like around that time, and I'm not gonna lie, this was pretty spot-on.
EDIT: Image quality went to hell, here's a direct link.
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/661/190/21f.jpg
Wow that took a lot of brain cells out of me to read

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I leave to go watch SomeCallMeJohnny's Sonic Hacking Contest livestream for a few hours and the whole ****ing thread ****s itself. To those involved, here you go:
View attachment 250048View attachment 250048View attachment 250048
These are The Three Fat Genos of Shame. Despite spending their days ruining their bodies by becoming obese pieces of garbage, they're still better than you right now and look upon you with shame. Replying to this post with the phrase "Sorry big puppet boys!" is the only way to rid yourself of the shame.

FINALLY! A proper Kirby game! Also, it's nice that the NES Online hasn't been forgotten either.

QUICK, PLAY wynn728 wynn728 's THEME!
b18.png

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
So what is the final verdict because I am confused. I'm not gonna sit here and watch two reputable sources and everyone else argue with each other over if Capcom is deconfirmed or not.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
:ness: lol awesome thanks, This chat moves amazingly fast holy hell it's hard to keep up… you guys are nearing 2000 pages… You guys are scary lmao.
This is nothing. You should see us when decent looking leaks happen.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
The fact that this is the game where we got ridley, k rool, banjo and now a very real chance of geno and even waluigi is beyond comprehensible. If you were to take a screenshot of the css and send it back about a decade to og smashboards it would have been a complete laughingstock. What a timeline to be living in huh?

not to mention waluigi would pave the way for isaac too omg.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So what is the final verdict because I am confused. I'm not gonna sit here and watch two reputable sources and everyone else argue with each other over if Capcom is deconfirmed or not.
Sabi just made a dumb move by jumping to a conclusion saying i was "speculating" when he didnt even first research the situation (he wasn't around at the moment NoA told us "no capcom"). That's literally all it happened. Both sources are just reliable, Sabi just made a dumb move, that's all.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I don't know If I can see 5 actually being Waluigi but he has alot going for him.

• Was among the first characters deconfirmed for Ultimate and caused a massive uproar around him, which was both vocal and long enough before release that Nintendo has to have heard it.
  • Nintendo at the very least had a large role in choosing DLC, the actual extent of we aern't exactly sure but it was enough for Sakurai to specifically tweet about it.
  • Fighter's Pass was not finalized until November last year, giving more credence to the idea that Nintendo could have chosen to have Sakurai put Waluigi in the game
  • Is a ""hype"" enough character for Nintendo to end the pass on. Obviously 5 doesn't need to be super hype like people say it needs to be but regardless of what you think of him he fits the bill.
  • Him being heard is an explanation for Jon randomly making the "Nothing is Deconfirmed Video" out of the blue
  • Has been heard in insider circles alot
Now that I've typed this I give it 20 seconds until Waluigi is deconfirmed.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Waluigi’s basically the best chance we have for Geno appearing at the TGAs in sort of a Mario double reveal.

Crankshadow

Smash Cadet
Wow this thread has been interesting. Hope starboi gets in soon to mellow this all down. I feel like there are too many deconfirms coming out. Wonder if they could brawl style drop five chars at the game awards????

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Wow this thread has been interesting. Hope starboi gets in soon to mellow this all down. I feel like there are too many deconfirms coming out. Wonder if they could brawl style drop five chars at the game awards????
I'm really sad they never did that ever again I get it's likely not going to happen in a dlc season but damn would that make the event.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Don't you mean Mallow this all down?

... I'll see myself back out.
*places hand on shoulder* No friend, you stay.

Also Crankshadow Crankshadow That is something that has been in the back of my mind. With all these names floating around and not being number 5...What if we got a Brawl like reveal and it was some of those names?

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Awesome, more of my requested characters keep on dying. RIP Dante
Dante was already deconfirmed before I came to kill off all of the remaining Capcom characters. Sabi's other source was the one to deconfirm it (it happened the same day the RE spirits tweet came out)

D

Deleted member

I'm going to PM AdamBell731 about the information that's gone down. Think I'd be easier then being like Oh my gosh this happened now this. Happened. Oh this character was deconfirmed don't want him to get flooded with a bunch of notifications so hopefully that's easier.

Anyway crazy night. But glad it's okay.

March to character #5 is continuing.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Dante was already deconfirmed before I came to kill off all of the remaining Capcom characters. Sabi's other source was the one to deconfirm it (it happened the same day the RE spirits tweet came out)
Yeah I know. I knew for sure Dante wasn't going to happen when Sabi tweeted out they heard Dante from three different people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom