• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
When you say you think it’s a highly speculated character, do you mean that Nintendo is flooding us with disconfirmations and some are fake? Like the character really is Doomguy or Dante or something and they pushed out the disconfirmations as leakbait? Or do you think that the character is a remaining highly speculated one like Sora or Chief? Because if it’s the latter then like you said, disconfirmations would eventually lead to us narrowing it down.
I know that he's not but i would be happy if Doom Slayer was #5

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Hey, apperantly Sabi may have reconfirmed Capcom? I mean, something like that is apperantly being talked about in the Phoenix thread.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I just wanna say after all the nonsense today that, Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I think you’re a super cool dude and I love theorizing on here with you and I don’t care if you’ve got “insider knowledge” or whatever, we all saw today what a cesspool there is involved with that.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Hey, apperantly Sabi may have reconfirmed Capcom? I mean, something like that is apperantly being talked about in the Phoenix thread.
Nothing of the sort has happened, and I'm in Sabicord and Papagenocord, all that's happened is that Sabi has confirmed Naz's source

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Nothing of the sort has happened, and I'm in Sabicord and Papagenocord, all that's happened is that Sabi has confirmed Naz's source
Okay, I just want to make sure. Maybe you should pass that info off the the Phoenix thread, as I am sure they would want to know ahead of time.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
When you say you think it’s a highly speculated character, do you mean that Nintendo is flooding us with disconfirmations and some are fake? Like the character really is Doomguy or Dante or something and they pushed out the disconfirmations as leakbait? Or do you think that the character is a remaining highly speculated one like Sora or Chief? Because if it’s the latter then like you said, disconfirmations would eventually lead to us narrowing it down.
The only thing I meant is that, if there is a fear within the sources of giving away the character by deconfirming too many names, it's most likely a highly speculated character then. Since all we have been deconfirming so far are highly speculated characters, it would make more sense that the fear is because one of the many highly speculated characters COULD be THE one. I don't think nintendo is flooding us, specially when the deconfirmations have come not only from NoA but also from Sabi's other source which isn't a nintendo one (the one that deconfirmed Ryu, and Crash iirc). Nevermind verge, altho i dont know at all what his sources are from anyway. The deconfirmations have been coming from 3 different people so far (NoA guy, Sabi's other source, and verge), so it's too hard to say that nintendo would be flooding us with deconfirmations, IMO. I don't think , personally, that it's a low or not at all speculated character because there are so many names nobody even talks about (the list is endless really, there are way too many franchises, games, etc) that even by deconfirming only the highly specualted ones, you are still not close to probably narrowing a non speculated name, there are just too many names in gaming that nobody mentions or even thinks of for Smash, lol. That's what I meant with my theory anyway, again, I could be wrong for all I know, like every time we have theories ourselves and we get BTFO, lol.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Geez, I sure seem to miss out on spicy internet drama alot. Anyways...

Has anyone entertained the idea of a Konami rep? Or are there reasons we haven't talked about it?
yeah, I've entertained it myself, thinking that Contra wouldn't be that outlandish of a thought.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
OOH I did? Send link please cuz that’s pretty neat.

also, no Phoenix? At this point I don’t know who will get in at this point
No Phoenix, supposedly. I'm a PW supporter as well, and it's kind of bumming to hear Bandai Namco AND Capcome get deconfirmed at once.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I leave to go watch SomeCallMeJohnny's Sonic Hacking Contest livestream for a few hours and the whole ****ing thread ****s itself. To those involved, here you go:
GenoFatty.png
GenoFatty.png
GenoFatty.png

These are The Three Fat Genos of Shame. Despite spending their days ruining their bodies by becoming obese pieces of garbage, they're still better than you right now and look upon you with shame. Replying to this post with the phrase "Sorry big puppet boys!" is the only way to rid yourself of the shame.
On a much lighter note, I have some really good news. We finally got more SNES online games, and one of them is Kirby Superstar!
Hopefully we get SMRPG in the coming months
FINALLY! A proper Kirby game! Also, it's nice that the NES Online hasn't been forgotten either.
Just got word from my NoA buddy. Definitely not Bamco (double RIP that one now), and…
NOT CAPCOM EITHER.
QUICK, PLAY wynn728 wynn728 's THEME!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
The only thing I meant is that, if there is a fear within the sources of giving away the character by deconfirming too many names, it's most likely a highly speculated character then. Since all we have been deconfirming so far are highly speculated characters, it would make more sense that the fear is because one of the many highly speculated characters COULD be THE one. I don't think nintendo is flooding us, specially when the deconfirmations have come not only from NoA but also from Sabi's other source which isn't a nintendo one (the one that deconfirmed Ryu, and Crash iirc). Nevermind verge, altho i dont know at all what his sources are from anyway. The deconfirmations have been coming from 3 different people so far (NoA guy, Sabi's other source, and verge), so it's too hard to say that nintendo would be flooding us with deconfirmations, IMO. I don't think , personally, that it's a low or not at all speculated character because there are so many names nobody even talks about (the list is endless really, there are way too many franchises, games, etc) that even by deconfirming only the highly specualted ones, you are still not close to probably narrowing a non speculated name, there are just too many names in gaming that nobody mentions or even thinks of for Smash, lol. That's what I meant with my theory anyway, again, I could be wrong for all I know, like every time we have theories ourselves and we get BTFO, lol.
Ohhh okay I getcha. So like if the character was, like, the Fighter from Final Fantasy 1, then there’d be less fear of narrowing it down to Square Enix because we’d still never get it, but if it was Sora then we’d get it immediately. That makes sense.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Also, the NES/SNES game update is actually kinda neat too. Still though, where the hell is star tropics 2? They put the first game on the NES channel...

Plank08

Smash Lord
At this point I have absolutely no clue who FP5 is, what’s going on, or why all of my most wanted are getting shot down.
I hate being confused

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
At this point I have absolutely no clue who FP5 is, what’s going on, or why all of my most wanted are getting shot down.
I hate being confused
The real 5th character is the friends we made along the way

Which means some of those guys from earlier aren’t getting a 5th character

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I hate being confused
That's the thing about leaks. Why do we let them get shot down? Nobody REALLY knows anything yet, do they? While this claim heavily would impact, say, Phoenix Wright's chances of becoming the FP5 slot, nothing is set in stone yet. Call me ignorant, but I make sure to give all leaks, regardless of their quality or verifiability, an amount of personal doubt. Maybe it's just so I can feel good about characters that I want. But in the end, it sucks to have a character get AT'd or Mii Costume-ified, especially if you wanted that character to be playable. Don't let that feeling get to you because a magic circle leaked it.

No offense to anyone. I'm sure the sources hold some form of reliability based on their previous track record.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can't believe that at this point in Fighter Pass speculation, Waluigi really is a somewhat realistic pick. Truly a nameless fear given form.

D

Deleted member

Waluigi: Wah-ha Wah-hah wah they all doubt but the truth is I was fighter #5 all along now-a they will-a all believe Wah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom