• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Well s***. Looks like Phoenix is dead for now as well.

Again, Travis or Kratos train here we go!

D

Deleted member

I had some opinions to throw out but it really looks like the situation has solved itself, and I value the Geno aspect of this thread more than I value the drama aspect of this thread. My only comment on the matter is that as long as we're still firmly in "expect Geno by E3 2020", I don't care what else gets said, and that's that.

Also Verge was right and Capcom's out? Absolutely who is left?

Has anyone entertained the idea of a Konami rep? Or are there reasons we haven't talked about it?
I think it's because Goemon would have been saved for another Konami rep, being a Konami character, and all.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Just got word from my NoA buddy. Definitely not Bamco (double RIP that one now), and…
NOT CAPCOM EITHER.
I’m telling you guys, it’s either Travis Touchdown or Master Chief. And before anyone says “oh but they talked about Smash on Twitter” then lemme tell you about a man named Grant ****ing Kirkhope (yes that is his middle name), the Duke of Deceit, the Lord of Lies, the BARON OF BULL****TING FOOLS ON TWITTER, who outright told the world that Banjo & Kazooie would absolutely never happen for months when he knew.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Man wouldn't it be wild if it was Marina Liteyears...yes yes I know that one leak was fake but it's fun entertaining the idea of her getting in. Talk about a wildcard pick that nobody would see coming.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I’m telling you guys, it’s either Travis Touchdown or Master Chief. And before anyone says “oh but they talked about Smash on Twitter” then lemme tell you about a man named Grant ****ing Kirkhope (yes that is his middle name), the Duke of Deceit, the Lord of Lies, the BARON OF BULL****TING FOOLS ON TWITTER, who outright told the world that Banjo & Kazooie would absolutely never happen for months when he knew.
Same can be said for Sora too, with that whole thing with Shinji Hashimoto in May

This is legitimately anyone's game at this point and it's exciting as hell

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Man wouldn't it be wild if it was Marina Liteyears...yes yes I know that one leak was fake but it's fun entertaining the idea of her getting in. Talk about a wildcard pick that nobody would see coming.
Considering how many and what characters have been debunked along with companies, I think we are going to get a wildcard character as the fifth DLC pass character.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
So really, could somebody explain to me what the "Circle" is? From a completely uneducated perspective, I think of "Circle" and think of some elitist group of individuals with a common source to information, but none of this information is ever discussed outside of the "Circle". Frankly, I'm not that interested to learn about the juicy tidbits myself, but what is it with this "Circle" that everybody is so inclined to crane their neck towards? Sure, their information is probably more verifiable, but the point is why is there even a "Circle" in the first place? Isn't the "Circle" how this whole controversy broke out to begin with? I can't think of a logical reason atm for why the "Circle" is as exclusive as it currently is, so I'd love it if somebody could explain the deets.

Edit: I'm bringing this up because all Rummy has been talking about recently is what the "Circle" does and doesn't allow, and what information they're allowed to divulge. Says who? The NoA source? The "Circle" leader? I can't understand these inner-workings...

Last edited:

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
I’m hoping it’s Master Chief. Now that would be a hype VGA reveal and a way to end the first pass.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
If Chief is actually #5 I will lose my mind in multiple ways. I’m still working on that Chief moveset and was planning on posting it after the VGAs when it’s calmer, but I might try to finish it sooner

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Waluigi time suckers
The man decided if he couldn't be picked naturally he would slowly kill off the competition until he was the only remaining candidate left. Y'all have been too blind to see his master plan as it's unfolded.

It's waluigi time now

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
So really, could somebody explain to me what the "Circle" is? From a completely uneducated perspective, I think of "Circle" and think of some elitist group of individuals with a common source to information, but none of this information is ever discussed outside of the "Circle". Frankly, I'm not that interested to learn about the juicy tidbits myself, but what is it with this "Circle" that everybody is so inclined to crane their neck towards? Sure, their information is probably more verifiable, but the point is why is there even a "Circle" in the first place? Isn't the "Circle" how this whole controversy broke out to begin with? I can't think of a logical reason atm for why the "Circle" is as exclusive as it currently is, so I'd love it if somebody could explain the deets.
It’s a private discord, and your “uneducated perspective” basically was a bullseye. They’ve got an NoA source who tells people in the group secrety secrets.

link2702

Smash Champion
Uhhh...so somehow I missed something big.

I’m too lazy to go through so many pages to try and figure it out....

Anyone have a recap? Something about some insider named Nazyrus deconfirming several characters ?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
It’s a private discord, and your “uneducated perspective” basically was a bullseye. They’ve got an NoA source who tells people in the group secrety secrets.
Alright, thank you for the confirmation. That's kind of the vibe I was getting based on Nazyrus's and Rummy's mannerisms. My thing is, who created the "Circle"? The source themself? Apparently people are able to leave / get kicked out from the "Circle", so it's hard to tell what type of club / heirarchy system is present.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

Anyone have a recap? Something about some insider named Nazyrus deconfirming several characters ?
Yup, Namco is still dead and so is Capcom

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970

No biggie. Just Nazyrus completely removing the possibility of Namco and Capcom characters due to a supreme, levitating circle just chilling somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom