• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
I was watching a papagenos vid last week while with my fiancé and the intro came on and she asked me what it was and I told her it was Geno’s theme and she said it sounded fun and has been randomly humming it since then. I thought that was cute.
Also this is too wholesome, I instantly smiled after reading this.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
My question is, who's going to be my Geno-loving girlfriend so I can rise up, too? I'd be a great girlfriend. I can make spaghetti... wait, this feels like deja vu...
Get a dating app account and make your pictures nothing but images of ducks, carrots, and Geno. You will find a Geno loving girlfriend I guarantee it or your money back.

D

Deleted member

I can now say that I'm aptly caught up in all of the happenings here. You're fine. I've never heard this said ever about you @JDCabrera.
Oh, with that sentence I was referring to stuff I did months ago that quite gave me some infamy for a while.

The biggest one being what happened with Ultimate Alliance 3.

andree123

Smash Ace
Three of SNES Classic Edition's games is released into Nintendo Switch online.
I supposed to post that into the geno thread but I accidentally put that into the banjo thread, lol.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
So as you all know, I also talk with Sabi. I've known Sabi for a long while and I always defended him from misinformation on what he had or hadn't said.

It's a hipster thing to say, but I knew about Sabi before he was cool. I kinda got to know both Fatmanonice Fatmanonice and Sabi roughly around the same time and Sabi was just a nobody back then. No Discord server, no Twitter posts, no nothing. Fatman being on the outskirts of the insider circle was a relatively recent thing in all honesty and Sabi had good info way before all this stuff happened and I knew about a lot of what they found or heard. I respected them and what they said, and I talked about what they were okay with and what they weren't okay with I said nothing until it was okay. A lot of times I was told things that I couldn't talk about until after they happened or until Sabi felt comfortable enough and leaked it themselves, and most of the time I just stayed quiet about a lot of stuff, even stuff I was told was okay to share.

I ALWAYS asked for permission and I ALWAYS asked for permission to share DMs about stuff. That's just how I am. I gotta cover any and all ass cheeks, ya know? I look out for myself and others.

So I've spoken with Sabi about this WHOLE debacle and got permission to express what happened here...and this has been blown WAY out of proportion! Like, to the point where Sabi was confused on why I was even asking to share this because they knew about this Burb loser but they didn't stick around to see the thread melt down into a bubble pool of plastic.

So, the summary of this all is...this was a mutual parting of ways, with Fatman understanding why he was kicked out and deciding he didn't want to return and Sabi not being mad at Fatman but just protecting himself.

See, a lot of you here have been talking **** about Sabi's credibility over the last week or so, but the fact is there really is nothing that is actually leak-related to discredit Sabi and Sabi doesn't have the time or desire to come in here and fight you nerds on it. Dude has a life outside trying to share cool secrets. Welp, as it turns out, fatman loves theory crafting much like myself. However, unlike myself or restricts my info to just what Sabi tells me, fatman was a little deeper in the group. He still asked for permission before posting about anything, but what happened was that fatman's speculation what being thrown around as what Sabi was leaking because people are stupid and can't read. This ended up affecting Sabi's reputation and it was taking a toll. On top of all this, fatman di the thing with the bird pic and it was essentially common knowledge at some point that it likely meant nothing, but fatman didn't necessarily agree with that and kept speculating and that reflected on Sabi by extension.

So, since people kept getting the wrong idea consistently from fatman (regardless of what fatman would say or whether he was mistaken on what things meant or not) and it kept making Sabi have to clarify and re-clarify and make more statements than needed, they decided that the relationship would end. This was mutually beneficial for both parties and no one hates anyone.

Then some losers had to come in and **** **** up because they wanted some cool internet points and so many of y'all fell for it and turned on your boi freezy butt fat boi and I'm honestly still disappointed in all of you because you jump the gun SO hard. Learn to investigate and think for yourself instead of latching onto the first thing you hear.

This. Dude thank you for always steping up and helping the geno thread. I know a lot of people give you a lot of crap for different reasons but thank you for helping the geno thread the way that you do. You are never afraid to talk sense into people when things get out of hand. I respect that a lot. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Alright.

Nobody here is going to bring it up, huh...

There are 152 people viewing the thread, and those are only the ones with their status public.

Is this basically the general social thread now?
More or less. Because of my speculation, this place has caught a lot of attention, ironically kind of being a hub for Smash info and rumors this cycle.

D

Deleted member

I say Lucky charms there magically ****ing delicious.

Would love for Geno to blast those kids in the commercial to stop them chasing Lucky.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Excuse me there’s a WHAT?

Well I’m making a very adult dietary decision when I get groceries this weekend.
Yeah, I got really happy to see them again! I got the blueberry and they're really good. Next time I go to the store I'm getting the maple syrup one.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Just got word from my NoA buddy. Definitely not Bamco (double RIP that one now), and…
NOT CAPCOM EITHER.

D

Deleted member

So as you all know, I also talk with Sabi. I've known Sabi for a long while and I always defended him from misinformation on what he had or hadn't said.

It's a hipster thing to say, but I knew about Sabi before he was cool. I kinda got to know both Fatmanonice Fatmanonice and Sabi roughly around the same time and Sabi was just a nobody back then. No Discord server, no Twitter posts, no nothing. Fatman being on the outskirts of the insider circle was a relatively recent thing in all honesty and Sabi had good info way before all this stuff happened and I knew about a lot of what they found or heard. I respected them and what they said, and I talked about what they were okay with and what they weren't okay with I said nothing until it was okay. A lot of times I was told things that I couldn't talk about until after they happened or until Sabi felt comfortable enough and leaked it themselves, and most of the time I just stayed quiet about a lot of stuff, even stuff I was told was okay to share.

I ALWAYS asked for permission and I ALWAYS asked for permission to share DMs about stuff. That's just how I am. I gotta cover any and all ass cheeks, ya know? I look out for myself and others.

So I've spoken with Sabi about this WHOLE debacle and got permission to express what happened here...and this has been blown WAY out of proportion! Like, to the point where Sabi was confused on why I was even asking to share this because they knew about this Burb loser but they didn't stick around to see the thread melt down into a bubble pool of plastic.

So, the summary of this all is...this was a mutual parting of ways, with Fatman understanding why he was kicked out and deciding he didn't want to return and Sabi not being mad at Fatman but just protecting himself.

See, a lot of you here have been talking **** about Sabi's credibility over the last week or so, but the fact is there really is nothing that is actually leak-related to discredit Sabi and Sabi doesn't have the time or desire to come in here and fight you nerds on it. Dude has a life outside trying to share cool secrets. Welp, as it turns out, fatman loves theory crafting much like myself. However, unlike myself or restricts my info to just what Sabi tells me, fatman was a little deeper in the group. He still asked for permission before posting about anything, but what happened was that fatman's speculation what being thrown around as what Sabi was leaking because people are stupid and can't read. This ended up affecting Sabi's reputation and it was taking a toll. On top of all this, fatman di the thing with the bird pic and it was essentially common knowledge at some point that it likely meant nothing, but fatman didn't necessarily agree with that and kept speculating and that reflected on Sabi by extension.

So, since people kept getting the wrong idea consistently from fatman (regardless of what fatman would say or whether he was mistaken on what things meant or not) and it kept making Sabi have to clarify and re-clarify and make more statements than needed, they decided that the relationship would end. This was mutually beneficial for both parties and no one hates anyone.

Then some losers had to come in and **** **** up because they wanted some cool internet points and so many of y'all fell for it and turned on your boi freezy butt fat boi and I'm honestly still disappointed in all of you because you jump the gun SO hard. Learn to investigate and think for yourself instead of latching onto the first thing you hear.
I will apologize to Fatmanonice Fatmanonice on this regard because while I can prove some of the stuff I did tell on the thread before, it thankfully seems that all I knew was apparently surface-level stuff based on this post.

Fatman, you and many of us are quite not perfect at all and tend to make some mistakes. I am happy to see that there was not such shady stuff going on in this departure as I was suspecting before, taking into consideration this post is right.

I don’t have any wish to make enemies, and if you are truly someone who is nicer than how it seemed to be at first... I am quite happy to hear so. Because I dislike to see dramas going on at such a place that tends to be peaceful whenever I pop in.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Just got word from my NoA buddy. Definitely not Bamco (double RIP that one now), and…
NOT CAPCOM EITHER.
This almost feels like a joke at this point. What if Nintendo is just trying to cram insiders with leakbait and disinformation to the nth degree. Like it has to be intentional.

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Okay, so a genuine question that I've been wondering about for maybe the last week.

So, when people translate Geno into Smash-style 3D, they tend to make him thinner and taller, like so:

But in SMRPG, Geno was more short and stocky, like so:

So if Geno were to ever get into Smash at any point either now or in the future, would Sakurai make him tall and thin like everybody translates him as, or would he be short and stocky like his original sprite? I honestly don't know which way Sakurai would go, because he could redesign the character or keep him more faithful to the original design.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay, so a genuine question that I've been wondering about for maybe the last week.

So, when people translate Geno into Smash-style 3D, they tend to make him thinner and taller, like so:

But in SMRPG, Geno was more short and stocky, like so:

So if Geno were to ever get into Smash at any point either now or in the future, would Sakurai make him tall and thin like everybody translates him as, or would he be short and stocky like his original sprite? I honestly don't know which way Sakurai would go, because he could redesign the character or keep him more faithful to the original design.
That’s actually a really good question.

I guess Sakurai would make some modernization of the SMRPG design.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I've gotta say this at least.

I'm not 100% sure how long ago this Fatmanonice drama happened. I can't believe it started any longer than a day ago. There was an understandable amount of chaos, and it was without a doubt the hot topic. All I know is that when I popped into the thread about a half hour ago, when there was still discussion about the drama. 30 minutes later, we're talking about Geno's favorite type of cereal. And for that, I would like to thank all of you for moving forward from the whole issue as quickly as we did so that we can talk about 1: Geno, and 2: Smash.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team

Thank you for saying this and also summarizing the situation for people like me who just visited again and barged in the middle of the drama. For christ sake people, look at what happened to Projared. There were people who made serious allegations against him and people started to hate on him and unsubscribe in droves. Yet it was proven that the allegations were false. Not the same exact situation we had here, but it further adds on to why you should take things (especially things on the internet) with a grain of salt and actually do research. That's the problem with people, they don't bother to take the few minutes to research stuff and they come to immediate conclusions based on hearsay which is very dangerous.

Getting back on topic (kind of), I think that a few days before the VGA we should do a poll on who we think FP5 is going to be. I'm going back and forth between choosing someone like Travis or go ballsy and predict Kratos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom