• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Did anyone else name their SMRPG save file "Mario" because they were afraid doing otherwise would change Mario's name?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I believe in Fatmanonice he creates theories and speculates on them. Despite this mess I haven’t changed my mind and that and am very thankful he is on here and still trust him. So don’t worry about me.

Yeah probably not the actual Scott the Woz cool dude though don’t watch his stuff but he seems like a cool guy my best with all his content into the future as well. If he does actually support Rex and Pyra I hope they get in that’d be good for him. Plus I’d like them in too.

Anyway. Yeah.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
I always wanted to play Okami by how interesting the game looks, is it worth it? is the gameplay fun?
I've only played about 48 minutes of the game so far and there was a lot of dialog and beginning-of-the-game tutorials and such to get through (which is understandable) so it took a bit of time before I could get to some of the action but I trust it'll only start to pick up from here. So far it does feel unique in that kind of Wind Waker way of using an art style to compliment the overall experience.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
It is highly unlikely. I imagine there'd be quite a bit more fanfare if it was the actual factual scott the woz

clarification is key in any internet argument. Lest it splinter off into sub arguments like these.
I disagree in this case.

If it doesn't apply to you, then you shouldn't be bothered. That would be like me being upset at someone calling me out when they were specifically saying 'all you ladies with rainbow-colored hair need to get it together!' when I'm, neither a lady nor do I have dyed hair of any sort.

Regardless, things really went nutty for a moment. I'm hoping this is the end of it for awhile, because the last thing I want to do is get riled up over peopling lashing out at fatman. He's the king of our bros and I've been trying to be more chill in general so the last thing I want to do is go ham.

Last edited:

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Did anyone else name their SMRPG save file "Mario" because they were afraid doing otherwise would change Mario's name?
I named my save file Mario when I beat Super Mario RPG recently on my SNES Classic. I don't know if I was thinking along these lines or just out of ideas though.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Except... by that logic, doesn’t that make you an insider by your own definition for revealing Nightmare’s name? Sure, you were vague these couple times a while ago, but lately with the whole “four big names” thing and Nightmare, it definitely appears that you’ve been taking a more active role in this kind of thing even if that wasn’t your intention.
I guess? There's no employee's manual for this sort of thing. I thought the four names was super vague and nobody guessed all four names, hell, most barely got two. This is why it shocked me when Sabi told me on a public forum to reveal the others. "If it's just rumors and Sabi says it's okay, what's the harm?" That was literally my train of thought. Again, I wound up getting kicked out of the group for it despite me detailing here in gross detail that it was very heavily implied to be okay. If Sabi had said no, that would have been the end of it and you all probably wouldn't be seriously talking about Nightmare or Sol seriously.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'm still trying to get caught up on what's been happening (I've been at work), but of course this thread would get absurd amounts of drama when the page number is nearing the year that World War One started.
I really hope a similar trend doesn't happen when we near World War Two.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Something I wanted to talk about regarding a certain someone who was visiting the thread. I used to spend a ton of time browsing Gamefaqs pre-September 2018 direct before I discovered the much calmer smash boards. My memory isnt the best but this guy is not the sweetest apple in the bunch (is that a metaphor lol ). They’re well known for trolling and trying to incite stuff. A decent chunk of the website does not like him over there. I’m really not surprised a raid was orchestrated. If they come back try not to give any of them attention.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Something I wanted to talk about regarding a certain someone who was visiting the thread. I used to spend a ton of time browsing Gamefaqs pre-September 2018 direct before I discovered the much calmer smash boards. My memory isnt the best but this guy is not the sweetest apple in the bunch (is that a metaphor lol ). They’re well known for trolling and trying to incite stuff. A decent chunk of the website does not like him over there. I’m really not surprised a raid was orchestrated. If they come back try not to give any of them attention.
Who is this guy, or gal, exactly?

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I was watching a papagenos vid last week while with my fiancé and the intro came on and she asked me what it was and I told her it was Geno’s theme and she said it sounded fun and has been randomly humming it since then. I thought that was cute.

D

Deleted member

I was watching a papagenos vid last week while with my fiancé and the intro came on and she asked me what it was and I told her it was Geno’s theme and she said it sounded fun and has been randomly humming it since then. I thought that was cute.
She’s a keeper my best wishes to you both may your lives be filled with happiness and many more Geno humming tunes to come. Or just a life filled with great bliss.

Droodle

Smash Lord
I've only played about 48 minutes of the game so far and there was a lot of dialog and beginning-of-the-game tutorials and such to get through (which is understandable) so it took a bit of time before I could get to some of the action but I trust it'll only start to pick up from here. So far it does feel unique in that kind of Wind Waker way of using an art style to compliment the overall experience.
As someone who has played Okami 100%, aside from some odd difficulty spikes, it only continues to get better and better.

IMO, it's one of the best games ever made.

I should really get it for the Switch again.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
I hope this isn't too off-topic but I just love doing this:

Smash Ultimate's camera mode is like another hobby of mine.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
My paranoid *** doesnt wanna explictly mention them, so let’s just say Revali. I think you’ll know who I mean if you go to page 1908 or whenever this started
I see.

Well, still, GameFAQs is for manchildren and kids whose parents don't monitor what they do closely or enough. I realize that is a generalization, but the way they act there doesn't help prove otherwise. I know the internet and real life may be different, but if they keep acting this way, they won't end up being good people either way.

D

Deleted member

Hey AdamBell731 some crazy things happened some people came in and claimed Fatmanonice wasn’t reliable and claim he was kicked out of the leaker circle. Regardless of what happened you can still trust him. And he’s awesome dude that’s just excited for Geno as us.

Keep you posted as usual. We haven’t got any new news yet.

T2by4

Smash Lord
PicsArt_12-03-01.53.42.png
Been gone for about a week or so. Hope ya'll are doing alright. One week to go until VGA's. Sorry to hear you got out of that discord, fatmanonice. We still love ya here, buddy.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Finally caught up on everything that's gone on in this thread and oh man

1575515151271.png

Well, VGA's are almost here, just gotta hunker down

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
On a much lighter note, I have some really good news. We finally got more SNES online games, and one of them is Kirby Superstar!
Hopefully we get SMRPG in the coming months
Me when the DKC games STILL haven’t been added even though it just recently turned 25
53B22CAE-1D30-4927-972F-F0A949880150.gif

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
So as you all know, I also talk with Sabi. I've known Sabi for a long while and I always defended him from misinformation on what he had or hadn't said.

It's a hipster thing to say, but I knew about Sabi before he was cool. I kinda got to know both Fatmanonice Fatmanonice and Sabi roughly around the same time and Sabi was just a nobody back then. No Discord server, no Twitter posts, no nothing. Fatman being on the outskirts of the insider circle was a relatively recent thing in all honesty and Sabi had good info way before all this stuff happened and I knew about a lot of what they found or heard. I respected them and what they said, and I talked about what they were okay with and what they weren't okay with I said nothing until it was okay. A lot of times I was told things that I couldn't talk about until after they happened or until Sabi felt comfortable enough and leaked it themselves, and most of the time I just stayed quiet about a lot of stuff, even stuff I was told was okay to share.

I ALWAYS asked for permission and I ALWAYS asked for permission to share DMs about stuff. That's just how I am. I gotta cover any and all ass cheeks, ya know? I look out for myself and others.

So I've spoken with Sabi about this WHOLE debacle and got permission to express what happened here...and this has been blown WAY out of proportion! Like, to the point where Sabi was confused on why I was even asking to share this because they knew about this Burb loser but they didn't stick around to see the thread melt down into a bubble pool of plastic.

So, the summary of this all is...this was a mutual parting of ways, with Fatman understanding why he was kicked out and deciding he didn't want to return and Sabi not being mad at Fatman but just protecting himself.

See, a lot of you here have been talking **** about Sabi's credibility over the last week or so, but the fact is there really is nothing that is actually leak-related to discredit Sabi and Sabi doesn't have the time or desire to come in here and fight you nerds on it. Dude has a life outside trying to share cool secrets. Welp, as it turns out, fatman loves theory crafting much like myself. However, unlike myself or restricts my info to just what Sabi tells me, fatman was a little deeper in the group. He still asked for permission before posting about anything, but what happened was that fatman's speculation what being thrown around as what Sabi was leaking because people are stupid and can't read. This ended up affecting Sabi's reputation and it was taking a toll. On top of all this, fatman di the thing with the bird pic and it was essentially common knowledge at some point that it likely meant nothing, but fatman didn't necessarily agree with that and kept speculating and that reflected on Sabi by extension.

So, since people kept getting the wrong idea consistently from fatman (regardless of what fatman would say or whether he was mistaken on what things meant or not) and it kept making Sabi have to clarify and re-clarify and make more statements than needed, they decided that the relationship would end. This was mutually beneficial for both parties and no one hates anyone.

Then some losers had to come in and **** **** up because they wanted some cool internet points and so many of y'all fell for it and turned on your boi freezy butt fat boi and I'm honestly still disappointed in all of you because you jump the gun SO hard. Learn to investigate and think for yourself instead of latching onto the first thing you hear.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
If it wasn’t for the fact that you’re already marrying her I’d tell you that you need to marry her.

D

Deleted member

All the chicks out there are amazing but consindering they probably won’t have interest in a bum who likes professional wrestling, video games, and basketball like me I’ll stick to being a singular Geno supporter. But I’m fine I wouldn’t have it any other way.

But hope you all find that special someone to share your Geno support with.

Anyway our star boy had got our support as always.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
My question is, who's going to be my Geno-loving girlfriend so I can rise up, too? I'd be a great girlfriend. I can make spaghetti... wait, this feels like deja vu...

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Cyberdrama is the worst drama.obviously this comes because there are no leads to fighter 5. Y'all haters need to chill, and remember you're talking about fictional chars for a family friendly game. I always assume rumors and leaks are lies or wishful thinking unless they come with hard proof. Geno has a cape.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Uhhh... came in at a questionable time again I see? Whoops lol, hope everything's alright Fatmanonice Fatmanonice ! Seems like a lot of this has to do with you, sorry you're stuck in this whole situation. Seems to be calming down tho, so that's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom