• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
0_0

U...h....

I... I... came here for the first time to wish you guys well and say my friend loves Geno and all that... and.... uh... this ****'s happening.... I don't know what the **** any of this is, but... holy ****.

...Is this just a normal day for this place? Probably a stupid question, but just asking so I'll know whether I should come back later.
Certainly not normal; A good handful of us have either checked out for the night to allow the dust to settle, or have just been hanging back mouths slightly agape. Seems the dam broke somewhere, but I'm keeping my own personal stake out of it until things calm down.

Definitely come back again later. We appreciate your support in the ring for Geno! Thank you for coming. But, aye, I would advise checking in at a later time.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
0_0

U...h....

I... I... came here for the first time to wish you guys well and say my friend loves Geno and all that... and.... uh... this ****'s happening.... I don't know what the **** any of this is, but... holy ****.

...Is this just a normal day for this place? Probably a stupid question, but just asking so I'll know whether I should come back later.
No, it's not normal and it all stemmed from this topic from the cesspool that is known as Gamefaqs:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78226555

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I don't see how this relates to Geno at all unless the fact that Geno insider talk has been a constant of sorts is false. This is more of a character 5 thing.
Okay gotcha thanks for the heads up. Will wait to find out. Character #5 that is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
0_0

U...h....

Absolutely not. I'm as surprised as you are. Today... isn't a good day, evidently.

D

Deleted member

0_0

U...h....

We're usually a lot less aggressive than this so it's just wrong place wrong time.

JudgeHeihachi

Smash Apprentice
You literally just admitted that Hitagi was an insider that got things wrong. Again, I've always presented these names as rumors and I don't see the issue. Brass tacks: Lloyd and Tales were talked about among insiders. That's not a false statement. I showed it happened. That doesn't mean that the rumors have to be true because that's irrelevant. There was still talk.
Yes those are rumours. and I've also shown that Sabi said none of his/her actual sources heard anything about Lloyd. And it wasn't only me who considers your kind of roumour spreading as impersonating someone who only speaks hard facts.
https://twitter.com/New_WabiSabi/status/1200512088885489664
But i understand what is happening here. Those gullible people like to hear what you say because they want it to happen and as such believe it and you feel satisfaction by being put on a pedestal by those poor souls.
But a plea to all open-minded Geno fans: You do not need this imposter to get your character into the game. I believe Geno got a good chance, because he was already acknowledged by Sakurai and his costume is still missing in action.
But do you think listening to a liar is raising your chances for that character to get in?
Let's make a deal. If FP5 is revealed and it is not Nightmare from Soul Calibur, will you finally stop listening to him and stop taking him serious and stop viewing him as a genuine legitimate leaker?

Last edited:

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
I take what Fatman has to say as speculation and nothing more, I don't see the point in raining down these sudden accusations which honestly come off more maliciously even if they were well intentioned. There are better ways of laying out your claims than, "coming back to laugh at how wrong you were" it just comes off as needlessly toxic behavior.

That being said, I don't hold Fatman up as some kind of saint (hint: no one is) I think most people can come to their own conclusions about what he has to say and anyone else for that matter. I say that with respect for everyone browsing this thread right now.

MetaWeegee MetaWeegee Nope, things just suddenly spun out of control recently. Sorry you had to see us like this. I'd prefer a welcoming atmosphere open to any kind of debate when it comes to who could be FP5. [EDIT] Also Geno memes plz.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You forgot to post the official meme acquisition image. I'm gonna have to bring you in for meme theft, son. You have the right to remain silent, anything you say will be misquoted in the kangaroo court of internet law.
You'll never catch me now meme police!

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
It was fun checking up here once again, i hope you all have a great day. But for now i must take my leave. A lot of us in the circle still wish for Geno so you haven't lost us in that. Chao!
View attachment 249947
Make sure you come down from your throne to visit the commoners every so often, bruv! We miss you.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Yes those are rumours. and I've also showed that Sabi said none of his/her actual sources heard anything about Lloyd. And it wasn't only me who considers your kind of roumour spreading as impersonating someone who only speaks hard facts.
But i understand what is happening here. Those gullible people like to hear what you say because they want it to happen and as such believe it and you feel satisfaction by being put on a pedestal by those poor souls.
But a plea to all open-minded Geno fans: You do not need this imposter to get your character into the game. I believe Geno got a good chance, because he was already acknowledged by Sakurai and his costume is still missing in action.
But do you think listening to a liar is raising your chances for that character to get in?
Let's make a deal. If FP5 is revealed and it is not Nightmare from Soul Calibur, will you finally stop listening to him and stop taking him serious and stop viewing him as a genuine legitimate leaker?
That implies we view him as a leaker. Most people know he's a theory crafter, not a leaker.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Yes those are rumours. and I've also showed that Sabi said none of his/her actual sources heard anything about Lloyd. And it wasn't only me who considers your kind of roumour spreading as impersonating someone who only speaks hard facts.

He never said that lloyd was leaked all he said was that he was being talked about in insider circles. He never once said lloyd is a lock just that he was being rumored. Also the nightmare stuff at this point is speculation. So if hes not number 5 then its just whatever cus it was just speculation

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You're really a glutton for punishment aren't you:

Screenshot_20191204-194402.png

D

Deleted member

Yeah he seems like a pretty swell guy a doll than can fire bullets use a cool whirl attack fire himself out of a cannon.

Perfect Smash material. Also don’t know who half these new people in here were. But welcome to them and my best wishes to them.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I gotta say, I wouldn't mind outside opinions when it comes to this thread. I am sure plenty of us would love to see new faces come in with new ideas and views, even in the case that they are long time users. It's just that how today went was that people entered way to suddenly and aggressive out of the gate, causing a general reaction of panic at best and outright anger at worse. Hopefully things have calmed down a bit and things can go forward better.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Poking my head out from the bunker, did things calm down yet? I see judgehiehachi is still here but i cant give two shuckles about a dude with “judge” in his screen name

D

Deleted member

Poking my head out from the bunker, did things calm down yet? I see judgehiehachi is still here but i cant give two shuckles about a dude with “judge” in his screen name
Yeah I think it’s okay. Seems to have calmed down. A bit.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
You know, I gotta say, I wouldn't mind outside opinions when it comes to this thread. I am sure plenty of us would love to see new faces come in with new ideas and views, even in the case that they are long time users. It's just that how today went was that people entered way to suddenly and aggressive out of the gate, causing a general reaction of panic at best and outright anger at worse. Hopefully things have calmed down a bit and things can go forward better.
Eh, I think character support threads should stay just that, support threads. I don't need to see people coming in here just to **** on Geno's chances. I can go to Gamefaqs for that.

MetaWeegee

Smash Cadet
No, it's not normal and it all stemmed from this topic from the cesspool that is known as Gamefaqs:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78226555
-GameFAQS

Say no more, my friend's told me.... things about that place.

We're usually a lot less aggressive than this so it's just wrong place wrong time.
Absolutely not. I'm as surprised as you are. Today... isn't a good day, evidently.
Makes sense. Okay, I'll revisit this place later this week. See you then

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Guys my Toxel finally evolved into a Toxtricity and I’m so proud of her, she turned into a badass (I named her Nevan after the electric guitar witch from DMC3)

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Like I showed, Sabi literally told me to say the rumors in the Papageno's Discord. You can see my post where I ask "am I allowed" and I waited until Sabi gave me the okay in front of dozens of people and probably half a dozen mods. The rules of the Private Discord were that I had to have permission to talk about explicit info (not hints or clues) from Sabi or the NoA source. The starling was the only time I went against that because it was a bad decision because I was accused of making stuff up and I got angry because I repeatedly said I needed permission to talk about the explicit details.
Yes, I can see that she gave you permission to say the names. What I’m saying was likely the issue that caused all this confusion is the following:

You’re saying that you don’t leak, you speculate and theorycraft based on what you know. The main issue with that, though, is you simply know far, far more than most people in this thread to begin with thanks to being in those circles, especially when you start theorycrafting by publicly revealing names that said circles have heard.

I honestly think that you getting out of those circles(involuntarily or not) will end up doing more good for you overall, so that your future speculation isn’t affected by this kind of thing.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Eh, I think character support threads should stay just that, support threads. I don't need to see people coming in here just to **** on Geno's chances. I can go to Gamefaqs for that.
I mean, seeing things get as vitriolic and childish as it does elsewhere would be ridiculous, but this is the Newcomer Speculation forum. It isn't the Newcomer Support forum, and there is no rule against 'outsiders' coming in with an opinion. As long as things are handled maturely, I sincerely don't see the problem.

... yeeeeahhh, and right now, some people here (both sides, mind) are indeed NOT handling things maturely. Calm the hell down. This is all an unholy hot mess and EVERYTHING about it could have been handled so much better. I think Rummy Rummy was really able to nail it down in a fashion that wasn't aggressive. Props to them.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Obviously we wouldn't want someone who would harp unnecessary vitriol against Geno(Some of our members already do that from time to time), but not all outsiders are against Geno. Some are just neutral or have no opinion on him. Heck, this entire circumstance had little to do with Geno hate.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
What is a poor honest soul like yourself to do in the face of such unwashed masses? I've said it before and I'll say it again. Taking Fatman's speculation as fact is a personal choice (And maybe I'm the only person that chose to take it as speculation, I dunno).
I and everyone else here are fully aware that one man's speculation has absolutely zero bearing on the inclusion of this character we all hold dear, as the kids say "it's not that deep, fam"
I personally don't care if nightmare is or isn't fp5, because I'm not banking on that being the only possible thing that's gonna happen. Until we get a solid leak, as far as I'm concerned, everyone that hasn't been disconfirmed is fair game.

I promise you, the only person who has ever viewed fatman as a legitimate leaker is laxchris
laxchrislol.png

The gist of this post is, it is entirely possible to entertain wild speculation without taking it as fact.
You'll never catch me now meme police!
Ooh! I love it when they resist arrest!
9787098709870987.jpg

D

Deleted member

The problem is with these "new faces" is that no one wants to talk, speculate or support Geno. This thread has turned into a Smash Bros. Edition of DramaAlert where people just want to come in and antagonize Fatman and that really pisses me off. Now, I'm not pissed off because Fatman's taking ****. He's a big boy and can handle himself and unlike a lot of other folks in the leak/speculation community, he actually owns up to his **** and that definately earns some mad respect.

What pisses me off is that our beloved Geno thread has just turned into something crazy where Geno is no longer the primary subject of discussion. And with all that said, a part of me kinda wants nothing to do with it anymore. It makes me ill, really. If a mod decided to lock this thread for reasons of toxicity or going way to off-topic, you'll get no complaints from me.

Sorry, had to vent. Again, leak culture sucks and is a cancer to the Smash community.

D

Deleted member

So how about that Geno folks?

He’s a cool guy a star entity that pocessed a doll to face an evil blacksmith and can lots of cool things.

Cool dude!

Hopefully he gets into the Brothers of Smashing someday!

Last edited by a moderator:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I would just like to say that I think it’s very very funny that for all of the moral panic certain people have expressed recently over certain comments and who regularly paint the fanbase as a whole as horribly toxic that some of those same people are liking and defending posts blatantly flaming/harassing another user over literal discord drama. Like did you forget other people can see your likes in this thread?

For people who put on a persona of being all sunshine and rainbows and chiding others for being toxic to then shortly after excuse and like literal harassment and flaming of a user in this thread just makes them look incredibly hypocritical and two-faced.

Like to be brutally honest, the fact that all of this stems from wanting to have a side character in a RPG that came out 22 years ago that Nintendo and Square Enix doesn't give a **** about anymore, and wanting to have said character in a E for Everyone party fighting game, should say enough. Just take a step back, breathe and just recollect.

Don't get me wrong, I love Geno too. Super Mario RPG is the bomb dot com, and Booster's Theme is top ten. But, c'mon.
Maybe I’m missing something but I don’t really see what Geno had to do with any of this **** show. Literally none of this drama has anything to do with the puppet.

Last edited:

Slime Scholar

Smash Apprentice
That being said, I don't hold Fatman up as some kind of saint (hint: no one is) I think most people can come to their own conclusions about what he has to say and anyone else for that matter. I say that with respect for everyone browsing this thread right now.
The half-dozen or so people in this thread who annoyingly cling to his every word and look for his clarification on everything suggests otherwise, TBH.

Gonna try and stay out of this for the most part, and I think Fatman (who is not the only person at fault here) seems like a pretty cool guy so I say this with no malice, but when your words draw this much attention, you should probably learn to be more careful with them. Fatman's ramblings may be theorycrafting at the end of the day, but caveats like "it's just my speculation" or "I could be wrong" tend to ring hollow next to "it's down to FOUR characters" or "several close sources have suggested X" or various other phrases that obfuscate the fact that we are hearing one person's take. It genuinely feels like he's playing both sides of the field at points and that's a problem-- doubly so when there are a lot of low-information users on just about every other page of this thread looking to have **** summarized for them without having to read context for themselves.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yes, I can see that she gave you permission to say the names. What I’m saying was likely the issue that caused all this confusion is the following:

You’re saying that you don’t leak, you speculate and theorycraft based on what you know. The main issue with that, though, is you simply knew far, far more than most people in this thread to begin with thanks to being in those circles, especially when you start theorycrafting by publicly revealing names that said circles have heard.

I honestly think that you getting out of those circles(involuntarily or not) will end up doing more good for you overall, so your future speculation isn’t affected by this kind of thing.
Yes, I made educated guesses on things and that was always my approach. For example, that list of 10? I waited until people like Sabi talked about characters like Dante to say anything. That was always kind of the deal; I never explicitly say anything except to verify what other people had said. If a name or game has been made public by an insider, why not speculate on it? It's now public knowledge and no longer a secret. "But you hinted at stuff!" And? Look at how spectacularly vague I am here:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-905#post-23244286

And here:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-433#post-22787393

People were even outraged that I was so vague. That's how I've always gone about things.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Guys, whatever the arguing is about, let it be known that we are supposed to be united here becuase we all single cause: to get and see Geno in Smash Brothsrs Ultimate. Plus, it seems that, as twisted out of context Fatman talking about that picture was, it should be known that it was just for speculation, key word: Speculation. Nothing more, not actual proof that Geno was ever going to get in. Unless there is more as to why this argument is happening, we shouldn't be talking about what someone among us did or lied about just because that was bad. In fact, we should not do it AT ALL. We should be discussing Geno. That is what we should be doing. Not to mention, all detractors who come to bash us and Geno should be ignored. It doesn't matter what they say or one of us does, because in the end, we are all Geno fans, and that is that. We should still stay strong, put this behind us and focus on what should matter most to us, which is getting and seeing Geno in Smash. No arguing about what one person did, what detractors say or anything else I am missing. We are much better than this.

So let us drop this and continue talking about Geno getting into Smash and his chances for doing so, fellow Geno fans.

Last edited:

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
I mean, seeing things get as vitriolic and childish as it does elsewhere would be ridiculous, but this is the Newcomer Speculation forum. It isn't the Newcomer Support forum, and there is no rule against 'outsiders' coming in with an opinion. As long as things are handled maturely, I sincerely don't see the problem.

... yeeeeahhh, and right now, some people here (both sides, mind) are indeed NOT handling things maturely. Calm the hell down. This is all an unholy hot mess and EVERYTHING about it could have been handled so much better. I think Rummy Rummy was really able to nail it down in a fashion that wasn't aggressive. Props to them.
Yeah, true it's called the speculation forum, but I mean there's the general speculation topic for differing opinions. All of these character specific threads pretty much seem like support threads though, even if not labeled as such. Sure, there's no rule about people posting a different opinion, but just don't be surprised if they're met with hostility or outright set to ignored. I just don't see the point in going into character threads of characters that I have no interest in or don't think will get in and posting an opposing opinion that will most likely just stir up drama, but to each their own I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom