• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
My hubby Burb Burb has come back from the war?

Where have you been my sweet papoose? Are you injured? Have they been feeding you? Oh, I'm so happy.

D

Deleted member

Wait, the Starling Bird thing was made up by Fatman? Among other things? Someone fill me in if this is true...
The starling picture itself wasn’t made by Fatman, but Fatman seemingly took it way out of context and twisted the backstory to involve Smash speculation somehow.

Or at least that’s how I remember Sabi reacting to that at Sabicord.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The starling picture itself wasn’t made by Fatman, but Fatman seemingly took it way out of context and twisted the backstory to involve Smash speculation somehow.

So how does this affect Fatman's reputation? Did he do it intentionally?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Then don't take the theories seriously. That's still people's choices at the end of the day. I've been doing this for almost 15 years. This is nothing new. Literally just put me on ignore or set up a filter if you don't like what I have to say.
That's what I say honestly. No idea why you're this well known and I'm sorry you got a flock of die-hard fans on one side and a flock of detractors on the other.

Either way, you need to stop being talked about, and I'm referring to everybody when I say this.

Last edited by a moderator:

JudgeHeihachi

Smash Apprentice
Oh look what do we have here? As Sabi said, rumours from December 2018 and from unverified sources. Reminder that that Hitagi was the one who claimed we'd get Katalina as a Fighter Pass character. You twisting other's words is probably the reason you got kicked out. Oh we already knew this anyway.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77160319?jumpto=4#4

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So other than the Starling being twisted out of context, why is everyone seemingly in some big argument that seems intense?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
RingJ5 RingJ5 Because saying I retired was a lot less drama inducing than saying I was kicked out of the group for sharing something I was given permission to share in front of literally dozens of witnesses. I already showed proof of that. I could drive this stake in harder by screenshoting the literal DM about it and that there was going to be no hard feelings.

Slender Slender Share or no?

Outright saying I was kicked would have raised questions. Again, why if he was given permission? What's so important about Nightmare if it was just a rumor? The idea was to just nod and go our separate ways, not for me to disappear from existence.

Slime

Smash Rookie
I do not know what his intentions were when he shared that image, but he stated that sharing it was breaking protocol and that he might be causing problems by sharing it. He also specifically stated that he wanted people here to speculate on its meaning. This is all stuff that I derived directly from his posts regarding the image at the time that he posted it.

D

Deleted member

That I don’t know because that would be something only Fatman can answer.

Maybe he took it way out of context out of confussion or maybe he did intentionally, I just know that Sabi dismissed the claims about it being related to Smash at Sabicord.

I can say however that he has straight on lied at least once here with claims such as Sabi making specific 4Chan leaks when it wasn’t the case. That being what motivated me to tell this whole thing to Ovaltine through PMs months ago.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline

That's funny, because I recall him explicitly telling us that it wasn't necessarily smash related. Only that it was a hint towards something. And us, being a smash related thread, took the possibility of it being smash related and ran with it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

I did take it out of context because picture hints are still a thing in the group. That hasn't changed. The starling is the last one that was made public though.

D

Deleted member

That's funny, because I recall him explicitly telling us that it wasn't necessarily smash related. Only that it was a hint towards something. And us, being a smash related thread, took the possibility of it being smash related and ran with it.
That could have easily be what happened, exactly.

But Sabi did tell us for granted that it wasn’t Smash related.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
That I don’t know because that would be something only Fatman can answer.

Maybe he took it way out of context out of confussion or maybe he did intentionally, I just know that Sabi dismissed the claims about it being related to Smash at Sabicord.

I can say however that he has straight on lied at least once here with claims such as Sabi making specific 4Chan leaks when it wasn’t the case. That being what motivated me to tell this whole thing to Ovaltine through PMs months ago.
You know, if it was you who found this out, not to be harsh, but you could have told us sooner. Still, this is unacceptable, isn't it?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Someone else here told me why Fatman was not to be trusted. I believed that person. Now I have more reasons that are good to believe that guy.

D

Deleted member

**** leaks. Can we talk about Geno instead?

What should Geno's recovery be? Discuss.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
That could have easily be what happened, exactly.

But Sabi did tell us for granted that it wasn’t Smash related.
I might be misremembering, but as far as I understood it, nobody knew at the time it was shared what it meant, which was the point of the picture hints. Fatman shared it with us when he shouldn't have (a mistake he admitted to).

D

Deleted member

You know, if it was you who found this out, not to be harsh, but you could have told us sooner. Still, this is unacceptable, isn't it?
I was mostly scared to tell all of this because I really considered this place a second home and the people over here did really treat me like one of them unlike past Discord servers I was in.

I apologize about not saying any of this any sooner... because I was scared of creating enemies.

I did take it out of context because picture hints are still a thing in the group. That hasn't changed. The starling is the last one that was made public though.
If that’s the case, then the starling stuff could not be as bad as Sabi made it seem to be over at Sabicord.

Which hopefully is the case.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I was mostly scared to tell all of this because I really considered this place a second home and the people over here did really treat me like one of them unlike past Discord servers I was in.

I apologize about not saying any of this any sooner... because I was scared of creating enemies.

If that’s the case, then the starling stuff could not be as bad as Sabi made it seem to be over at Sabicord.

Which hopefully is the case.
You could have told me. I wouldn't tell that you said it.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
RingJ5 RingJ5 Because saying I retired was a lot less drama inducing than saying I was kicked out of the group for sharing something I was given permission to share in front of literally dozens of witnesses. I already showed proof of that. I could drive this stake in harder by screenshoting the literal DM about it and that there was going to be no hard feelings.

Slender Slender Share or no?

Outright saying I was kicked would have raised questions. Again, why if he was given permission? What's so important about Nightmare if it was just a rumor? The idea was to just nod and go our separate ways, not for me to disappear from existence.
Yes, if you can screenshot the actual DM where you got permission, that would be incredibly helpful. It could wind up, like, that the user who gave you permission through DMs was acting on their own for whoever reason and the rest of the group didn’t want you to, that would do quite a lot to shift the thread’s current crosshairs off of you.

D

Deleted member

I might be misremembering, but as far as I understood it, nobody knew at the time it was shared what it meant, which was the point of the picture hints. Fatman shared it with us when he shouldn't have (a mistake he admitted to).
I think the main idea was that nobody knew what it meant specifically.

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
Hey my friends, It's been awhile but if you don't remember. My name's Rummy. I've been lurking around this site since after the Grinch leak fallout and frequented this thread before then. I'm here to clear the air between Fatmanonice and recent situation that Burb slammed into this thread, It is true that Fatman was kicked from the group (By me and Sabi's idea due to his insistence of acting grander than he is and etc) albeit his Removal is currently in the void as to how long it will stay that way. "BUT RUMMY WHO ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU INVOLVED IN THIS" I've been involved in this for a year now and been keeping my eyes on the circle Fatman resides in for the same amount of time he's been in it.

So with that out of the way i want to give a little bit of clearing up. Yes Sabi and Fatman have interacted, Yes Sabi did allow Fatman to go on about Nightmare. But Sabi has been distancing himself from Fatman for trying to use info that should've stayed within our circle (Info is either highly false or pure speculation from the insiders side) From a friend of mine would say, "There's a lot of info that spills in, it's just about what makes the most sense to talk about and what isn't." The Starling incident is the best case of Fatman's behaviour, he put out an image of a bird that was meant to be kept within our circle until we knew more about or at least been given permission by the person who gave it to post it. But yet he posted it and it caused a week long goose chase within this thread for whatever reason until Sabi and I had to step in.

So look, what i'm saying isn't a good look on Fatman, yes it isn't but you have to understand. Fatman is a cool person outside of all this. When he doesn't try to act all high and mighty about what is practically either just speculation or un-trusted info, He's given us a lot of good conversations and is generally a well off individual. I'm not sure why he does this but i only hope you Fatmanonice Fatmanonice get better about the way you talk in the speculation scene. You are my friend, i know haven't been showing that with some of our recent interaction but i do believe it was for the best to get you out for now to reflect upon your mistakes.

So with that i'd recommend you all move away from the Geno thread as this isn't the proper place to discuss this.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Why the **** are we still out for each other’s necks at this point? Can we just move on and discuss about Geno, the reason this thread ******* exists?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom