• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I would just like to say that I think it’s very very funny that for all of the moral panic certain people have expressed recently over certain comments and who regularly paint the fanbase as a whole as horribly toxic that some of those same people are liking posts blatantly flaming/harassing another user over literal discord drama. Like did you forget other people can see your likes in this thread?

For people who put on a persona of being all sunshine and rainbows and chiding others for being toxic while then shortly after excusing and liking literal harassment and flaming of a user in this thread just makes them look incredibly hypocritical and two-faced.
I have a very relaxed standard when it comes to liking. If there's something of note or even something to reference later for whatever reason, I may 'like' it, even if I don't entirely agree or like how it was handled. I always just viewed likes with more nuance. Does it really have to be so all-encompassing? It doesn't mean I agree 100% with literally every word and every inflection, just that there was something to be taken from it.

Seriously, can we not with being that passive-aggressive? If you have a beef with people liking posts for what could be a whole host of reasons, name them. It's so obvious who this kind of post is about, and yes, I DEFINITELY get the feeling some of this is pointed at me. That's a fat damn load.

D

Deleted member

I believe we should drop insider circles forever. I think Smash speculation would be much healthier.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am just going to say as a veteran speculator, someone that has been doing speculation since 2001, there is no character I am more confident in getting next year than Geno. The Mii costume absence combined with Sakurai's own stated favoritism of Geno in general makes me think he will very likely make it in. Sakurai is a big fan of this character.

All of this is coming from someone that is not a Geno supporter (though Super Mario RPG is one of my favorite games for the SNES). I am 95% confident Geno will be happening. There is no other character I have this level of confidence for.

Very rarely do I ever feel extremely confident on a character's prospects, and Geno is one of those rare exceptions. I am also confident that when Geno does get in, he is going to be among the best characters competitively. Time stamp this post, because I am that confident about Geno being playable in Ultimate, as well as how good he will be when he ends up being being (at the very least he will be high tier).

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I believe we should drop insider circles forever. I think Smash speculation would be much healthier.
I'd have to agree. I think these insider circles cause more harm than it could do good, in my opinion.

Anyway, for those who missed it, here is a post of mine again (it was getting late on the last page, anyway).

Guys, whatever the arguing is about, let it be known that we are supposed to be united here becuase we all single cause: to get and see Geno in Smash Brothsrs Ultimate. Plus, it seems that, as twisted out of context Fatman talking about that picture was, it should be known that it was just for speculation, key word: Speculation. Nothing more, not actual proof that Geno was ever going to get in. Unless there is more as to why this argument is happening, we shouldn't be talking about what someone among us did or lied about just because that was bad. In fact, we should not do it AT ALL. We should be discussing Geno. That is what we should be doing. Not to mention, all detractors who come to bas us and Geno should be ignored. It doesn't matter what they say or one of us does, because in the end, we are all Geno fans, and that is that. We should still stay strong, put this behind us and focus on what should matter most to us, which is getting and seeing Geno in Smash. No arguing about what one person did, what detractors say or anything else I am missing. We are much better than this.

So let us drop this and continue talking about Geno getting into Smash and his chances for doing so, fellow Geno fans.

D

Deleted member

Guys, whatever the arguing is about, let it be known that we are supposed to be united here becuase we all single cause: to get and see Geno in Smash Brothsrs Ultimate. Plus, it seems that, as twisted out of context Fatman talking about that picture was, it should be known that it was just for speculation, key word: Speculation. Nothing more, not actual proof that Geno was ever going to get in. Unless there is more as to why this argument is happening, we shouldn't be talking about what someone among us did or lied about just because that was bad. In fact, we should not do it AT ALL. We should be discussing Geno. That is what we should be doing. Not to mention, all detractors who come to bash us and Geno should be ignored. It doesn't matter what they say or one of us does, because in the end, we are all Geno fans, and that is that. We should still stay strong, put this behind us and focus on what should matter most to us, which is getting and seeing Geno in Smash. No arguing about what one person did, what detractors say or anything else I am missing. We are much better than this.

So let us drop this and continue talking about Geno getting into Smash and his chances for doing so, fellow Geno fans.
I’ve already forgotten about it. Time to move forward and look to the future. Game awards and supporting star boy. Geno. We’re rooting for you star boy!

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Honestly I kinda agree. It’s not really the wild west it once was. I miss being able to just wonder who the next character is instead of waiting to hear from the “council of elders” or whatever. If we didnt have all this “_____ is not fighter five” things would so much more relaxed.

Looma

Smash Journeyman
No matter how embarrassing I can get, at least I'm self-aware enough to not be the guy posting about being "a ghost from smashboards past" or some **** in a forum dedicated to a children's video game acting like I'm ****ing Godot lmao

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Yes, I made educated guesses on things and that was always my approach. For example, that list of 10? I waited until people like Sabi talked about characters like Dante to say anything. That was always kind of the deal; I never explicitly say anything except to verify what other people had said. If a name or game has been made public by an insider, why not speculate on it? It's now public knowledge and no longer a secret. "But you hinted at stuff!" And? Look at how spectacularly vague I am here:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-905#post-23244286

And here:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-433#post-22787393

People were even outraged that I was so vague. That's how I've always gone about things.
Except... by that logic, doesn’t that make you an insider by your own definition for revealing Nightmare’s name? Sure, you were vague these couple times a while ago, but lately with the whole “four big names” thing and Nightmare, it definitely appears that you’ve been taking a more active role in this kind of thing even if that wasn’t your intention.

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
On a much lighter note, I have some really good news. We finally got more SNES online games, and one of them is Kirby Superstar!
Hopefully we get SMRPG in the coming months

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
As fun as it has been to hear potentially juicy hot-off-the-presses insider goodness, I don't think I've ever seen anything really get people so boiled up more than insider speculation and this ravenous thirst and hunger to 100% know something ahead of time.

Speaking in the general sense, I feel like people would probably be much happier discussing their favorite theories and thoughts without the stuff being connected to something they potentially heard on the inside. Because, then, at the very least, they're not tied to this metaphorical anchor that feels as though as if it has capability of sinking them if/when they happen to be incorrect about a thing they went all-in on.

Maybe it's the anxiety and stress of needing to be right, or risking being wrong that tends to get people on-edge about this sort of stuff. If there's no self-imposed gamble, is it really something someone would get angry over? Or does it then become the fun thing we all prefer this stuff to be?

Insider stuff legitimately has the capability of risking peoples' livelihoods. Even with someone just going, 'Ah! But, t'is just a rumor, after all', there's always that nagging feeling, isn't there?

These are simple thoughts from a simple man with a Wizard of Oz dog avatar in a Geno hat. I think I'd live happier if I didn't have access to insider goodies.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
No matter how embarrassing I can get, at least I'm self-aware enough to not be the guy posting about being "a ghost from smashboards past" or some **** in a forum dedicated to a children's video game acting like I'm ****ing Godot lmao
This was the best thing I've read all day.

and now I have "the fragrance of dark coffee" playing in my head thanks

Last edited:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I am just going to say as a veteran speculator, someone that has been doing speculation since 2001, there is no character I am more confident in getting next year than Geno. The Mii costume absence combined with Sakurai's own stated favoritism of Geno in general makes me think he will very likely make it in. Sakurai is a big fan of this character.

All of this is coming from someone that is not a Geno supporter (though Super Mario RPG is one of my favorite games for the SNES). I am 95% confident Geno will be happening. There is no other character I have this level of confidence for.

Very rarely do I ever feel extremely confident on a character's prospects, and Geno is one of those rare exceptions. I am also confident that when Geno does get in, he is going to be among the best characters competitively. Time stamp this post, because I am that confident about Geno being playable in Ultimate, as well as how good he will be when he ends up being being (at the very least he will be high tier).
We're on the same boat my friend

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
On a much lighter note, I have some really good news. We finally got more SNES online games, and one of them is Kirby Superstar!
DUDE SUPER PUNCHOUT AND STAR FOX 2 TOO?

Man SNES games are so great

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Honestly I kinda agree. It’s not really the wild west it once was. I miss being able to just wonder who the next character is instead of waiting to hear from the “council of elders” or whatever. If we didnt have all this “_____ is not fighter five” things would so much more relaxed.
I think exclusivity of information (for some) breeds a certain brand of elitism, a separation of castes between those in the know, and those not. It's a natural thing, since once it's known that you're privy to exclusive information, people will hound you incessantly so that they can have just a snippet of said exclusive information. We see such hounding to a certain extent with fatman, and the 50,000 @'s he gets peppered with. Personally, I've no use for the pursuit of it, it drives people away into their own private fiefdoms and makes me look like an irritant if I beg for it. I'm content with whatever is made public, and in the meantime, I'll speculate on what's unknown.

Oh my god. I've been waiting for superstar to come home! Hands down my favorite kirby game.

Last edited:

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
Said user in question gonna be said user in question, lol

Just caught up with the past few pages, someone get me off this wild ride :scream: nice to see a few usernames of people I don’t think I’ve seen in months

On to Geno, for some strange reason I could see a PK boys aituation for the FS where Mallow would cast Star Rain first before the Geno Flash happens. Feels reasonably cinematic enough to fit with Ultimate’s FS style, includes Mallow, and still keeps Geno’s ‘ultimate attack’ in a neat puppet sized package...?

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I have a very relaxed standard when it comes to liking. If there's something of note or even something to reference later for whatever reason, I may 'like' it, even if I don't entirely agree or like how it was handled. I always just viewed likes with more nuance. Does it really have to be so all-encompassing? It doesn't mean I agree 100% with literally every word and every inflection, just that there was something to be taken from it.

Seriously, can we not with being that passive-aggressive? If you have a beef with people liking posts for what could be a whole host of reasons, name them. It's so obvious who this kind of post is about, and yes, I DEFINITELY get the feeling some of this is pointed at me. That's a fat damn load.
It’s definitely not just you but yeah tbh it’s honestly kind of ****ty to see people liking and commenting about blatant harassment by multiple people as a difference in opinion while then painting other behavior as “toxic”. Like it’s frustrating to see people who regularly go off about how bad and toxic Geno fans can be and try to moderate attitudes in the thread and then just hand wave people coming into the thread for no other reason than to embarrass and put down another user.

It doesn’t matter if Fatman lied or didn’t lie or over exaggerated things. It’s blatantly flaming. Literally all of this information could have been put in a way that did highlight discrepancies without being so overly aggressive. But this was all to dunk on him. And seeing you and others like it and excuse it as not being that when in the past you’ve talked down to people and wagged your finger over how disappointed you are in the thread just sucks. Whatever your rationale about likes you have to admit the optics are contradictory. And again I want to emphasize this isn’t just you I’m talking about.

Last edited:

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
There's still a part of me that thinks some character like Travis Touchdown or a Capcom character could blindside us - or maybe someone way outside of our imagination at this time like Spatulo Spatulo mentioned some pages back. The wonderful thing about it is I actually feel open to a lot of the names I've seen thrown around - I trust Sakurai is good at selling just about any character and making them fun to play.

D

Deleted member

Rummy and Scott the Woz were very resepectful and seem like nice people my best wishes to them both. And I hope Rex and Pyra get in someday like Scott said cool characters they’d be great.

Anyway yeah maybe dropping leak circles might be good. But for now I trust Sabi and whatever happens next week I’ll be happy with whoever the character is.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I think exclusivity of information (for some) breeds a certain brand of elitism, a separation of castes between those in the know, and those not. It's a natural thing, since once it's known that you're privy to exclusive information, people will hound you incessantly so that they can have just a snippet of said exclusive information. We see such hounding to a certain extent with fatman, and the 50,000 @'s he gets peppered with. Personally, I've no use for the pursuit of it, it drives people away into their own private fiefdoms and makes me look like an irritant if I beg for it. I'm content with whatever is made public, and in the meantime, I'll speculate on what's unknown.

Oh my god. I've been waiting for superstar to come home! Hands down my favorite kirby game.
And this is part of the reason why I don't think they should give information exclusively to certain people AT all, and that we don't need insiders.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
And this is the other. hot damn this is this a good selection. really hyped for like 4 of those

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I've never been so disappointed in a thread in my life.

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice Has made it clear from Day 1 that all he does is craft theories and speculate. At best, he was using insider information that was very vague and that he had permission to talk about to craft theories on what he thinks could be happening, yet a couple of nobodies up to no good bust into our support thread to talk **** about at fattest of boiz and you just all turn on him like stereotypical clique groups in a high-school based teen drama film.

The ONLY mistake he EVER made was sharing that Starling photo, which he himself admitted he shouldn't have done, and guess who poked and prodded him into doing that? That's right, MOST OF THIS THREAD! Sure, he was the one that did it in the end, but WE as a majority of the thread BEGGED him to so he slipped up because he loves us fellow Geno fans and then it turned into the most pathetic ****show I've ever seen because everyone turned into primal beasts over it up until it was finally forgotten about.

If insiders want to kick out Fatman because of that one mistake, that's fine. Frankly, it's better for him because as you can clearly see, this is how toxic the Smash fanbase is when it comes to leaks. People are so ****ing pathetic that they turn on someone who's been a long-running face in our Geno community because a complete random user and a bunch of no-names show up and talk ****. The Smash fanbase is literally one of the worst I've ever been a part of, tearing people down over a desperate need for information because no one can ****ing wait patiently until announcements have been made. Just a bunch of junkies fighting each other over the next fix and lashing out when their supply is running low.

I'm sticking here for fatman because he's a cool-ass dude, but this is ridiculous and the fact that mods or admins haven't locked this thread or done SOMETHING about the sudden flood of people that came in just to attack a user is mind-boggling and unacceptable.

Might as well attack me too, as I talk with Sabi directly and speculate due to what they tell me, and I always clarify what is being called a leak and what is just speculation or has yet to be confirmed. The reason I was so heavily behind Lloyd at the time was because Sabi had a source that mentioned hearing about big Tales Of stuff in regards to Nintendo, but didn't hear anything about Lloyd or Smash, and I knew about those images that had been trademarked so I came to my own conclusion and speculated about Lloyd.

Looks like I will stick to PMing certain people for a while until this thread gets it's **** together. So disgusting.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm still trying to get caught up on what's been happening (I've been at work), but of course this thread would get absurd amounts of drama when the page number is nearing the year that World War One started.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
It’s definitely not just you but yeah tbh it’s honestly kind of ****ty to see people liking and commenting about blatant harassment by multiple people as a difference in opinion while then painting other behavior as “toxic”. Like it’s frustrating to see people who regularly go off about how bad and toxic Geno fans can be and try to moderate attitudes in the thread and then just hand wave people coming into the thread for no other reason than to embarrass and put down another user.

It doesn’t matter if Fatman lied or didn’t lie or over exaggerated things. It’s blatantly flaming. Literally all of this information could have been put in a way that did highlight discrepancies without being so overly aggressive. But this was all to dunk on him. And seeing you and others like it and excuse it as not being that when in the past you’ve talked down to people and wagged your finger over how disappointed you are in the thread just sucks. Whatever your rationale about likes you have to admit the optics are contradictory. And again I want to emphasize this isn’t just you I’m talking about.
I understand your viewpoint, honestly, and all I can say to it is not to judge a book by its cover, really.

I'm just tired.

Dynamic Worlok

a couple of nobodies up to no good bust into our support thread to talk **** about at fattest of boiz and you just all turn on him like stereotypical clique groups in a high-school based teen drama film.
My boi... have you even seen my posts on the subject?
6cce926beb7daf768b835e3877568730.jpg

...Aurora Borealis
AURORA BOREALIS?! IN THIS PART OF THE BOARD, AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, LOCALIZED ENTIRELY IN THIS THREAD?

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Seriously, the fact that people come here just to talk trash about Fatman for what happened is immature and disgusting. They should know better than to do that!

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Thankfully it looks like things are starting to calm down. Also, glad to see Star Fox 2 break outside the SNES Classic and onto SNES Online! Pretty cool stuff.

Also also, I picked up Okami HD recently! Been waiting to play this game for a while now.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Actual question, that wasnt Scott the Woz earlier was it? Some people have actually been calling him Scott and the idea of him coming to the Geno board baffles me

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
My boi... have you even seen my posts on the subject?
View attachment 249969

AURORA BOREALIS?! IN THIS PART OF THE BOARD, AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, LOCALIZED ENTIRELY IN THIS THREAD?
I'm more upset that I missed the opportunity to make a Fresh Prince of Bel Air joke in my post than I am at anyone who my post clearly doesn't apply to.

If you are defending fatman or just not commenting about it at all, then my post doesn't apply to you, so don't worry about it.

It's one of those things where it's easier to type 'you all' than 'all of you who are specifically targeting fatman and turning on him' when I clarified earlier who I was talking about.

Dynamic Worlok

Actual question, that wasnt Scott the Woz earlier was it? Some people have actually been calling him Scott and the idea of him coming to the Geno board baffles me
It is highly unlikely. I imagine there'd be quite a bit more fanfare if it was the actual factual scott the woz

I'm more upset that I missed the opportunity to make a Fresh Prince of Bel Air joke in my post than I am at anyone who my post clearly doesn't apply to.

If you are defending fatman or just not commenting about it at all, then my post doesn't apply to you, so don't worry about it.

It's one of those things where it's easier to type 'you all' than 'all of you who are specifically targeting fatman and turning on him' when I clarified earlier who I was talking about.
clarification is key in any internet argument. Lest it splinter off into sub arguments like these.

Last edited:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Thankfully it looks like things are starting to calm down. Also, glad to see Star Fox 2 break outside the SNES Classic and onto SNES Online! Pretty cool stuff.

Also also, I picked up Okami HD recently! Been waiting to play this game for a while now.
I always wanted to play Okami by how interesting the game looks, is it worth it? is the gameplay fun?

...May I see it?
No.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
There's still a part of me that thinks some character like Travis Touchdown or a Capcom character could blindside us - or maybe someone way outside of our imagination at this time like Spatulo Spatulo mentioned some pages back. The wonderful thing about it is I actually feel open to a lot of the names I've seen thrown around - I trust Sakurai is good at selling just about any character and making them fun to play.
Travis has been my other fallback prediction on this wild ride, I can totally see him finishing things off

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I understand your viewpoint, honestly, and all I can say to it is not to judge a book by its cover, really.

I'm just tired.
Me too. Honestly if I could go back I would word things a bit differently in my original post because I’m retrospect it was more referencing you than several of the other people I was referring to. It came off as more targeted at you than I feel it should have so I apologize for that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom