• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It doesn't look like anyone here has posted an update on Sabi's tweet.
The info IS on Pokemon, but will apparently be released close to the actual Pokemon mini direct or what have you.
https://twitter.com/New_WabiSabi/status/1158951678457942016
Kinda funny. I'm going to bed soon and by the time I wake up the pokemon announcement will have happened anyway.

People @me if Sirfetch'd is revealed because that's what I've wanted to see the most

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
How can we be sure this isn't just you and you wanted a place to show off this???

I'd be down for anything Advance Wars, character or reboot or otherwise. Though didn't Intelligent Systems say they weren't gonna make more games for the series unless they could figure out how to add some sort of love system to it? I seem to recall something along those lines.

I'm just sad the Assist Trophy got taken out. Those sprites were FUNNY man :cry:
They did say that but I believe the uptick in Advance Wars-like games such as Wargroove, Tiny Metal, & Into the Breach may have changed their minds. Not to mention the more recent FE titles have toned it down regarding relationships so I doubt it'll be as big of a hurdle as they made it sound in 2017.

The Assist Trophy is gone but that in turn gives me hope for Andy. Small hope but enough for me to believe he has a shot at making it in the Pass. I see no reason why they would take it out after being in both Brawl & Smash 4 or at least have an Infantry Mii Costume to compensate.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Make sure to report if you guys see anything Starling bird related in the Pokemon leaks and direct

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
So one of my favorite pass times is doodling fun little variants of characters, and I've decided to do some for Geno!
This variant of Geno is a little worse for the wear, as if they'd just been found after decades.

This variant was done pretty quick, and inspired by the forest maze. Geno dons a wooden circlet with a seed that resembles his blue cap's insignia, an all natural grassy poncho, dark oak skin, and moss just under the eye.

Bob-Omber

Smash Cadet
In the corner drinking a frosty with a straw
The extra stage on the Stage Select screen is something to consider, yes.

6 slots free for DLC, so each for the five of the Pass + bonus dlc, probably Forest Maze Stage, and the select screen would be a perfect square.
I kinda think there are some better stage options instead of forest maze. Maybe star hill because it represents Genos status as a star warrior and his character in general. Or maybe Smithys factory because it could be more interesting than a generic forest setting, like it could have the smelter from his fight making enemies in the background or make copies of bosses and have them fight you mini bosses like how ridley was in 4. We definitely still need the music from the forest maze though

D

Deleted member

It doesn't look like anyone here has posted an update on Sabi's tweet.
The info IS on Pokemon, but will apparently be released close to the actual Pokemon mini direct or what have you.
https://twitter.com/New_WabiSabi/status/1158951678457942016
I still don't know if they're referring to the Starling or to the "Monsters" hint cause they just now told us it is Pokemon outright we've all been knowing that it was just that Sabi never told us. Now that she has told us I wonder if she was referring to the Monsters hint or the Starling. I still think she's talking about the Monsters hint but we'll see.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So does that mean the Starling picture is for Pokemon? That's a shame.
I still don't know if they're referring to the Starling or to the "Monsters" hint cause they just now told us it is Pokemon outright we've all been knowing that it was just that Sabi never told us. Now that she has told us I wonder if she was referring to the Monsters hint or the Starling. I still think she's talking about the Monsters hint but we'll see.
She’s talking about the info she had planned to share before tomorrow, which she stated in her previous tweet. It’s nothing about the starling.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Jesus guys, calm the **** down. Seriously.

The information we are likely getting is Pokemon. It's going to be literally an hour before the official release.

Inhale. Exhale. Now realize not a single person is really talking about the starling image anymore.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
So does that mean the Starling picture is for Pokemon? That's a shame.
No it doesn't?
No it doesn't?

Let see.. Starling is something, Pokemon and "Monsters" is another.
Sabi knows the same AS US about the starling. There's NOT more info about the Starling creature, more than the image, for instance.

So don't jump over conclutions soo fast.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

She’s talking about the info she had planned to share before tomorrow, which she stated in her previous tweet. It’s nothing about the starling.
Okay yeah I did not know that. Excuse me for misinterpreting the situation.
No it doesn't?

Let see.. Starling is something, Pokemon and "Monsters" is another.
Sabi knows the same AS US about the starling. There's NOT more info about the Starling creature, more than the image, for instance.

So don't jump over conclutions soo fast.
Yeah I thought she was talking about the Monsters hint I was just confused.

Last edited by a moderator:

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
In the spirit list they list his spirit as part of the Super Mario RPG: Legend of the seven stars series instead of just the mario series so he might still be considered different enough. This also is the case with Mallow too
Yes exactly. Also remember back when the Mii outfit was first revealed in smash 4? It said Smash X SMPRG meaning they consider it a different thing.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
There's nothing wrong with wondering what's up with the Starling image.

What we DO KNOW is that what Sabi was hinting at sharing on Twitter is Pokemon news, not Smash. We don't yet know if the Starling could relate to that. Wait until tomorrow.

Elmorethemagician

Smash Journeyman

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
So.... What was the big news?
Nobody knows yet.

did... did people fall for this?

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Woohoo! I finally caught up from page 1238 to 1242 and I have lots of comments that I want to reply to.

So how we feelin about Geno’s chances?
At the moment, I'm feeling he's got a good chance as a Bonus character with two songs from Super Mario RPG.
However, if Bonus characters aren't included, I don't think he has a chance since the Dragon Quest Heroes takes Square Enix's spot and I don't think they're going to leave space open for another Square Enix character.

How would y'all feel if this was how the DLC went ? :
2 Fighter Passes from 2019 to 2021
The first with Joker, Hero, Banjo&Kazooie, Professor Layton and Doom Slayer.
The second with Ryu Hayabusa, Crash Bandicoot, KOS-MOS, Leon S. Kennedy and Geno, and a final bonus character (someone like Travis Touchdown)
(I may have already posted this list before, not sure though...)
They might even go further and make a Fighters Pass with exclusively Nintendo characters that couldn't make the cut in the base game....
Switch Professor Layton and Leon S. Kennedy around and I think the first fighters pass would look accurate to what I think could happen. Also I think Geno would most likely be a bonus character like you've said with Travis Touchdown but if he was DLC, he'd probably get his own stage since he doesn't share a universe with any of the characters in the game.

Second fighters pass seems to look accurate to who I think would make it with Ryu Hayabusa and Crash Bandicoot. I think replace KOS-MOS and Geno for Lloyd Irving and I want to say Sora because of the amount of fan requests he gets but the debacle over who owns Sora and could they put in Disney characters into the game makes it a pretty big mess. I'll just have to leave that spot for Sora regardless.

That being said, I don't think Professor Layton, KOS-MOS or Travis Touchdown really have a chance at being in the fighters pass.

What im wondering is how cryptic the hint is. Hinting at Banjo and Kazooie via Bear and Bird is much more obvious than showing a crab for Links Awakening
I'm pretty sure they're leaving it cryptic just in case the Nintendo Ninjas are on to them. It's an unlikely Scenario given how little information this person gives to leakers but I'm sure the DMCA on Sabi probably shook them up a bit.

It's a small chance but I think Andy might make it in provided there's an Advance Wars revival on the horizon (fingers & toes crossed). Should Geno be revealed for DLC, it would give me a lot of hope for Andy making in the Pass. I know they're not the same situation but it would prove that being a Spirit doesn't have to be the end for a character.
You really trust Nintendo to include Andy in the fighters pass? I don't know what to tell you man other than... good luck. At least it's more of a chance than those poor fools who think the Heavy from Team Fortress 2 has a reasonable shot at being in Smash.

Assist Trophies are great, mind you. It's better than nothing and some of them are huge honors, like Shovel Knight. That development team's indie protagonist made it into SMASH BROS! That's an accomplishment regardless of if he's playable or not!
Shovel Knight's inclusion as an Assist Trophy with no other indie character is what makes me think we won't get a playable indie character in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. People really take his inclusion for granted since he did really well in the Smash Ballot. So did Shantae but I guess she wasn't good enough to even get an Assist Trophy.

I thought it was old (like 70s reference), but apparently not.
I honestly thought it was a Halo reference, what with Cortana calling him chief all the time.

The extra spot could also be a potential arrow to a next page of stages
I think that last spot is reserved for the custom stages on the Random stage selection screen.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
The extra stage on the Stage Select screen is something to consider, yes.

6 slots free for DLC, so each for the five of the Pass + bonus dlc, probably Forest Maze Stage, and the select screen would be a perfect square.
Sorry to be a downer, but that last spot on the stage select screen actually is used for the custom stages when setting random preferences. So it already will be a perfect square once the Fighter Pass is over, at least in a certain context.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Sorry to be a downer, but that last spot on the stage select screen actually is used for the custom stages when setting random preferences. So it already will be a perfect square once the Fighter Pass is over, at least in a certain context.
On a brighter note, that doesn't necessarily preclude the addition of further DLC, as they can just do what they did with sm4sh and add another tab.

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I think what they'll do is either add a new tab button or just replace the random preference icon with a button press (x or y to open custom stages)

AugustusB

Smash Champion
And we were worried because....? Although that infamous leak is all but confirmed after this trailer.

EDIT: The Pokemon one that called out Team Yell, Bede, Marline, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom